Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 09:40:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: More Fifa corruption  (Read 9315 times)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: More Fifa corruption
« Reply #1 on June 04, 2015, 07:54:18 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
That's not corruption, more of an out-of-court settlement.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 04, 2015, 07:56:12 pm by LincsRover »
There's so much more to come otherwise Blatter would not have resigned - it will get worse before it gets better, if it ever does!!

:evil:

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 04, 2015, 08:25:56 pm by Muttley »
That's not corruption, more of an out-of-court settlement.

Exactly, something companies do routinely rather than drag a matter through the courts at huge expense wth the possibility of losing at the end of it.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 05, 2015, 03:30:15 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Blatter will get away with it, my guess is he was told resign and we will leave you out of it if you co-operate, it wouldn't surprise me if Blatter all of a sudden becomes very ill, and something happens to Jack Warner before he spills the beans.
When people know things they very often die of sudden heart attacks, they get bumped off before they can say anything.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 05, 2015, 02:21:53 pm by drfchound »
Or their dementure becomes so bad that their evidence can't be admissible in court.................like it did in a recent UK court case.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 05, 2015, 03:29:23 pm by the vicar »
there should be a boddy put in place to run FIFA AND EVERYONE INVESTIGARET, then when it is all done the innocent allowed back to run an election with the body. and in time allowed to run FIFA again

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 05, 2015, 03:56:39 pm by nortikorner »
its all right talking about fifa is the fa that clean

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 05, 2015, 04:07:43 pm by Askern_reds »
its all right talking about fifa is the fa that clean
doubt it verry much? but you never no

Hounslowrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 05, 2015, 04:33:57 pm by Hounslowrover »
When bidding for the 2018 competition, our bidding team gave Mulberry handbags to the delegates wives, the executive had dinner with the queen and we sent the England team to play in Jamaica among other things   So the FA aren't that clean, where does bribery and corruption begin?

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 05, 2015, 05:08:56 pm by nortikorner »
you only have to look at the fair play rules

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 05, 2015, 07:35:45 pm by Drover »
When bidding for the 2018 competition, our bidding team gave Mulberry handbags to the delegates wives, the executive had dinner with the queen and we sent the England team to play in Jamaica among other things   So the FA aren't that clean, where does bribery and corruption begin?

How can they have been bribes,Our Bid lost?Besides,they were declared gifts.Bribes will be hush hush,large sums of money secretly offered for a actual return outcome.Also imagine what the Russians must have given then,they won they bid not us.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 05, 2015, 08:44:21 pm by Muttley »

How can they have been bribes,Our Bid lost?Besides,they were declared gifts.Bribes will be hush hush,large sums of money secretly offered for a actual return outcome.Also imagine what the Russians must have given then,they won they bid not us.

The desited outcome does not necessarily need to occur for it to be a bribe - bribery is defined (in UK law) as the giving (or offering to give) a benefit in return for improper performance (ie performance different to what the receiver would normally have done).

Bribes don't need to be large sums of money handed over in brown envelopes - giving a handbag to a delegate's spouse would potentially be seen as bribe under UK law. Most big companies these days stick to small value gifts with the company name on to avoid any allegations of corruption.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 05, 2015, 10:21:27 pm by Drover »

The desited outcome does not necessarily need to occur for it to be a bribe - bribery is defined (in UK law) as the giving (or offering to give) a benefit in return for improper performance (ie performance different to what the receiver would normally have done).

Bribes don't need to be large sums of money handed over in brown envelopes - giving a handbag to a delegate's spouse would potentially be seen as bribe under UK law. Most big companies these days stick to small value gifts with the company name on to avoid any allegations of corruption.
But the Benefits hounslowrover speaks of WERE given and NO improper performance was given/recieved?Handbags,dinner with a queen and playing in Jamaica would'nt tempt me to perform improperly,unless Im a tranny in hendonism. :silly:

I have not followed the news in the last couple of days,Have the Swiss/FBI actually used the word Bribes? Or have they only used the word corruption?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 12:21:15 pm by Drover »

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 06, 2015, 12:59:48 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Our FA itself needs cleaning up too many tired old ideas, just holding onto the job, Dyke come in and it's copycat crackpot ideas, let's have a B-League.
They meddle and very rarely improve the game, the offside rule complicates the referee and linesman or womans job, plus players managers and fans in what's offside and what's not.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on June 06, 2015, 07:30:51 am by Glyn_Wigley »

But the Benefits hounslowrover speaks of WERE given and NO improper performance was given/recieved?Handbags and playing in Jamaica would'nt tempt me to perform improperly,unless Im a tranny in hendonism. :silly:

I have not followed the news in the last couple of days,Have the Swiss/FBI actually used the word Bribes? Or have they only used the word corruption?

Just because someone else's bribes are more successful doesn't make the loser's not bribery.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 06, 2015, 07:36:34 am by dickos1 »
This is more embarrassing for the irish fa, should never have accepted it

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 06, 2015, 09:53:26 am by silent majority »
A couple of points.

Firstly England didn't play in Jamaica, they played in Trinidad at the request of Jack Warner. We all knew at the time it was to curry favour for his vote and it wasn't hush hush. Everybody knew.

Our FA aren't corrupt. What they are is overcomplicated, bureaucratic, too divisive and riddled with vested interest. Reform has started, and this week the new Sports Minister has already said she intends to change things. She sat on the last Select committee and made many recommendations, this time she'll see them through. (lol)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 06, 2015, 10:50:13 am by The Red Baron »
I can understand your reaction to the Sports minister. She seems to be an improvement on her predecessor, but the problem they all have is that it is a very junior role within government. Therefore if the holder is ambitious and able they soon move on. If they don't then they find they have little power anyway.

Dennis Howell, a Labour MP who was also a Football League referee, was the first Sports Minister and only really wanted that job. He is remembered as probably the best Sports Minister, but he was also used as a troubleshooter which kept him away from his sporting role.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on June 06, 2015, 11:39:17 am by BobG »
Who was that labour MP who was Sports Minister just after the first Tony Blair victory?  He was an older guy. he died a few years later. MP for somewhere on the South Bank I think. Bermondsey? Anyway, I met him, along with a group of other footy supporters to press the need for change in the FA and FL. He was quite impressive at the time. 'If the FA don't change we'll make the changes for them' sort of stuff. But the trouble is, always, that those on the recieving end of such threats are wise enough to know just what they need to do to draw the teeth of their opposition. So we got the 'fit and proper persons' farce. We got ex pc Mr Bean as the compliance officer - and cut his hamstrings once he was appointed.

So despite the rhetoric, it's not so easy to get real change to actually happen. If this new lady manages anything substantial and long lasting, she'll be worth her weight in gold.

BobG
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 12:19:47 pm by BobG »

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on June 06, 2015, 11:57:42 am by The Red Baron »
Bob- I think you are thinking of Tony Banks.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 06, 2015, 12:20:10 pm by BobG »
Yep. That's him!!

Thank you John!!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 06, 2015, 12:24:52 pm by The Red Baron »
Of course it doesn't pay to upset football's rulers too much if you are Sports minister.

http://www.sailing.org/news/14205.php

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 06, 2015, 12:34:25 pm by Drover »

But the Benefits hounslowrover speaks of WERE given and NO improper performance was given/recieved?Handbags and playing in Jamaica would'nt tempt me to perform improperly,unless Im a tranny in hendonism. :silly:

Just because someone else's bribes are more successful doesn't make the loser's not bribery.

It's not just Bribery with Blatter and Co though,it looks like its high level Corruption.As SM has worded better than me in his post.I don't believe our F.A. is corrupt.
Now someone independant has finally,thankfully,taken responsibility to challenge/investigate FIFA,we should see lots of reform and the world of football should benefit in many ways.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 01:30:52 pm by Drover »

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on June 06, 2015, 12:40:55 pm by BobG »
I see it was Mihir Bose who wrote that piece John. I've still got his card in my wallet! I met him several times in anonymous cafes scattered around London to give him details about the Firestarter shenanigans. He was very interested. He didn't publish anything in the end, due, I think, to some of ithe stuff being sub judice for quite a time pending the completion of KR's conspiracy case.

Bose was much less strait laced than I had imagined. Quite chubby. Quite relaxed. Frighteningly intelligent. Very direct too.

Bob

scotlandsbest

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 06, 2015, 02:09:15 pm by scotlandsbest »
if theres millions and probably billions of quids at the fa and premier league and uefa and fifas disposal then im afraid EVERYONE is always there for bribery and corruption!!!!!!! ???????

if were all honest if someone was to offer any of us millions of quids would we honestly refuse it im afraid to say I think most of us would accept it

in other words EVERYONE NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE WE ARE ALL VULNERABLE TO THE WORD MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on June 06, 2015, 05:04:00 pm by silent majority »
I can understand your reaction to the Sports minister. She seems to be an improvement on her predecessor, but the problem they all have is that it is a very junior role within government. Therefore if the holder is ambitious and able they soon move on. If they don't then they find they have little power anyway.

Dennis Howell, a Labour MP who was also a Football League referee, was the first Sports Minister and only really wanted that job. He is remembered as probably the best Sports Minister, but he was also used as a troubleshooter which kept him away from his sporting role.

RB, this time round though is slightly different. John Whittingdale chaired the select committee and Tracey Crouch was a member of that committee. JW is now the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport and is effectively TC's boss. That's two committee members in that department. Plus the new CEO of the SGSA is also a football supporter. It gets better and better, well from this point of view it certainly is. Some years ago we could never get people to understand our arguments, now we actually have football people in the positions that matter.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on June 06, 2015, 11:20:54 pm by RobTheRover »
Sot on, SM.  And they already understand the arguments and the reasons behind them.

Change will happen.  I'm certain of that.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 08, 2015, 11:14:44 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Who was that labour MP who was Sports Minister just after the first Tony Blair victory?  He was an older guy. he died a few years later. MP for somewhere on the South Bank I think. Bermondsey? Anyway, I met him, along with a group of other footy supporters to press the need for change in the FA and FL. He was quite impressive at the time. 'If the FA don't change we'll make the changes for them' sort of stuff. But the trouble is, always, that those on the recieving end of such threats are wise enough to know just what they need to do to draw the teeth of their opposition. So we got the 'fit and proper persons' farce. We got ex pc Mr Bean as the compliance officer - and cut his hamstrings once he was appointed.

So despite the rhetoric, it's not so easy to get real change to actually happen. If this new lady manages anything substantial and long lasting, she'll be worth her weight in gold.

BobG

Brilliant sports minister who actually knew something about the game, you find now people just being put in the role and know very little, with no passion for sport.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 15, 2015, 05:21:26 pm by albie »
Looks like the FA might be investigated by the FBI;
Are the English FA now a target in the FBI's sights? - Inside World Football

Hang on to your hats fellas, here we go!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012