Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 06:41:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fact of the day  (Read 6243 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Fact of the day
« on August 22, 2015, 11:57:26 pm by Chris Black come back »
If the 'goal' that Harry Forrester 'scored' against Bury is quite understandably excused, Rovers are the only team from the Premier League, Championship, League One, League Two, National, National North and National South who have yet to score a league goal - with the sole exception of West Brom who have only played twice in the league.

That really is quite an achievement.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
Re: Fact of the day
« Reply #1 on August 23, 2015, 12:12:32 am by Askern_reds »
Bad in it

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 23, 2015, 12:13:19 am by les@donr »
embarrassing!

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 23, 2015, 09:44:43 am by grayx »
Take a bow mr.dickov

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 23, 2015, 02:50:58 pm by bobjimwilly »
 :blush:

Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 23, 2015, 03:02:43 pm by Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover »
At least we're top of the league for something 🙊

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 23, 2015, 03:05:51 pm by mrfrostsdad »
And West Brom has scored two today

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 23, 2015, 03:13:52 pm by Superspy »
Yeah that sucks :(

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 23, 2015, 03:22:26 pm by acko »
dickov cant score grayx he don't play,maybe our new striker not up to it

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 23, 2015, 03:31:40 pm by Rovers91 »

Of course the striker is capable he's proved it already in this league you clown.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 23, 2015, 03:35:20 pm by DRFCSouth »
Williams is a class act. Lets hope we use him correctly.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 23, 2015, 03:54:26 pm by acko »
that's a very poor argument rovers91 history is full of strikers what could score with certain clubs and not others,what about ian rush couldn't miss for Liverpool piss poor at juventus back to Liverpool back in the groove,rovers lets face it have had many strikers that couldn't do the job for rovers but were prolific elsewhere.not saying Williams wont score or be prolific but the fact remains.interesting man whoo scored 3 from 3 for Swindon never struck me as a goalscorer when at rovers

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 23, 2015, 04:02:18 pm by Not Now Kato »

Our?  I thought you supported Hull City now.  Or are you talking about one of their strikers?   :boxing:

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 23, 2015, 04:19:11 pm by acko »
to set the record straight never said I suppoted hull city in fact don't support anybody,unlike others who said missed game to go shopping,not paying money for that crap,not going till they get rid of dickov,NO I stopped watching rovers because of the total lack of ambition shown by the board towards the football side of things,not interested in club Doncaster,the rugby or going to the gym.i have also stated I will always look for rovers results and publically wished them luck(and bygod they are going to need it)63 years I have supported the team,home and away took my son and daughter and later grandson and nephews,but now I can take in other games which I feel my interest me and my passion for betting on matches.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 23, 2015, 04:29:39 pm by IDM »
You watch football because of betting????

There is no answer to that.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 23, 2015, 05:04:52 pm by dickos1 »
Williams does look class, but he can't blame dickov for the chances he's missed so far

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 23, 2015, 05:12:19 pm by grayx »

He don't manage either. He has the ability to make good players look like poor ones though, being the master tactician he is.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 23, 2015, 05:13:28 pm by DRFCSouth »
The chances for the team are few and far between, that is obvious. That is partly down to manager and players. I'm worried we will make someone who scored quite a few last season look a right flop.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 23, 2015, 05:16:16 pm by dickos1 »
I think after 4 games he could've easily had 3 goals now.
He hasn't and he can't blame the players or dickov for that

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 23, 2015, 05:20:17 pm by DRFCSouth »
Dickov sets the formation, the style and pattern. Our lack of goals would suggest not enough chances are created. If Williams has missed chances so what, he's human. It's the teams responsibility to create more. He's not the fall guy for Dickovs poor management.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 23, 2015, 05:21:54 pm by IDM »
How many did we create vs Wigan and Leeds though?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 23, 2015, 05:30:56 pm by dickos1 »
Dickov sets the formation, the style and pattern. Our lack of goals would suggest not enough chances are created. If Williams has missed chances so what, he's human. It's the teams responsibility to create more. He's not the fall guy for Dickovs poor management.

Nobody is making him the fall guy, but it looks like people are using dickov as an excuse for everything.
He's had good chances and could easily have 3 goals

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 23, 2015, 05:41:10 pm by DRFCSouth »

Nobody is making him the fall guy, but it looks like people are using dickov as an excuse for everything.
He's had good chances and could easily have 3 goals

Ultimately, he's the one whose head will role when it goes wrong. No he can't take individual chances. There is a lack of know how by all players in the final third at the minute. Some of which comes back to his coaching, management, direction or whatever you want to call it.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 23, 2015, 05:57:38 pm by les@donr »
The buck stop with PD for the team's performance.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 23, 2015, 06:01:49 pm by Yorkiered »
Agreed that the buck stops with the Manager but he can't be blamed for the fact that Wellens would look to pass to anyone in or near the area rather than shoot and Coppinger is quickly becoming the next barn door Billy!!!

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 23, 2015, 07:01:12 pm by Draytonian III »
Wellens should be rested/dropped for the next couple of matches, he slows the play down and keeps getting caught in possession, he's trying to play at his pace because his legs have gone

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 23, 2015, 07:31:14 pm by acko »
the buck might stop at the manager,but the players need to look at thereselfs surely a clear the air meeting with the manager should help,do they like the system they are playing is Williams happy up top on his own does copps like playing off the front man is mccullogh happy being full back,surely they are proffessionals say what you think you never know it could lead to a better understanding in what they are doing

neil grainger

« Reply #27 on August 23, 2015, 07:33:51 pm by neil grainger »
NO I stopped watching rovers because of the total lack of ambition shown by the board towards the football side of things

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone is free to act as they please with regard to supporting the team. You sound like you have been a Rovers supporter for a very long time and therefore I respect your views.

However, do you think a change of avatar would be a good idea?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 23, 2015, 07:45:41 pm by IDM »
NO I stopped watching rovers because of the total lack of ambition shown by the board towards the football side of things

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone is free to act as they please with regard to supporting the team. You sound like you have been a Rovers supporter for a very long time and therefore I respect your views.

However, do you think a change of avatar would be a good idea?

Sorry I disagree.  OK fine, stay away temporarily when you don't think you're getting value for money, or if the football is crap.  But don't stop supporting the team, even if you're not at the games.  After being around for so many years, is this really so bad compared to previous decades?

Surely its all about what you see on the pitch, simple as?  If you are not enjoying it I understand staying away, but surely the reasons should be on pitch reasons?

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 23, 2015, 07:47:22 pm by Cramby10 »
Look back at every season he has been stealing a wage as a manager for both Oldham and us and his teams have comfortably been amongst the lowest scorers in the league. There's a pattern emerging. This lack of goals is no surprise to me whatsoever.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012