Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 05:30:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No Wellens today  (Read 50865 times)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: No Wellens today
« Reply #210 on August 31, 2015, 11:05:13 pm by RobTheRover »
From what we have been told, Wellens has been approached by another club - so "officially" he hasn't been wanting away nor has the club wanted rid of him.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #211 on September 01, 2015, 12:21:14 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Steve

I know Wellens wasn't fit for that Bolton match. I saw the performance. Presumably Wellens knew it as well.

Acacia

I put it down to the common ignorance of numbers that many clubs have. While ever the old 50 points canard is rolled out, clubs and managers will make elementary mistakes like this. It was infuriating because with a little bit of nerdy work in the back room, leading to a pragmatic set of tactics, we should have stayed up.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #212 on September 01, 2015, 03:32:15 am by Sammy Chung was King »
If it's not my original suggestion, Sheff Wednesday?, Burnley?, QPR?  they showed interest in him before, also a club trying to keep costs down.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #213 on September 01, 2015, 07:07:50 am by dickos1 »
I think keeping costs down is the last thing Wednesday are trying to do at the minute

bally1950

« Reply #214 on September 01, 2015, 08:43:53 am by bally1950 »
Hound.

A bit late in the day to come into it. But I am entitled to my opinion (still)  and for ME I did say, that was the end for Wellens. Just like the head butt of Heffernan against Southend was the end of him for many on here.

No player is bigger than the club - nor no manager and as yet we do no have an answer to what is happening reference Wellens. When there is no Crap going on at Donny, they press self destruct. But I will be there tonight, got tickets yesterday. I must say the singular lad in the ticket office yesterday afternoon told me it had been quiet. Well answer....The Ticket Office door was shut and there was only one light on. Two cars pulled up as I was outside and if it was not for me telling them the ticket office was open and showed my tickets, they would have driven away.. SElf Destruct indeed

walter the red

• VSC Member
« Reply #215 on September 01, 2015, 09:20:41 am by walter the red »
What about Ross County in Scottish league ?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #216 on September 01, 2015, 09:34:33 am by Jonathan »
Anybody that considered Heffernan's head butt at Southend as the end for him must surely have been having a serious rethink the following season.

If Wellens stays then we and the team need him to produce the goods. If he goes then we need to find a replacement, obviously.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #217 on September 01, 2015, 10:29:08 am by wing commander »
   I really hope he goes tbh...I think it would be the best thing for Rovers...Like I've said previously he was great in the Championship but has done nothing recently...I often wonder if he's that  good how come we are mostly second best in midfield when we play...Wellens is our past we need a much fresher player to add a bit of drive and quickness in there...This could be the making of our season....

bally1950

« Reply #218 on September 01, 2015, 11:30:08 am by bally1950 »
Johnathan

Heffernan and Leper spring to mind...

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #219 on September 01, 2015, 11:49:44 am by idler »
Maybe if we worked harder off the ball there would be more options for the player looking to pass the ball.
We have been woeful off the ball this season.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #220 on September 01, 2015, 12:04:11 pm by wing commander »
   That's a fair point Idler..Of course working hard off the ball is not something Wellens can shout about either...lol but I know what you mean..Sometimes you can argue points all day long but time catches us all and Wellens has been caught,passed and lapped...

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #221 on September 01, 2015, 12:18:19 pm by steve@dcfd »
As said before our midfield is woeful at the moment, we should have got another midfield player last year we didn't and we haven't this year. Chaplow is not a true centre midfield player he is a wide player trying to play that postion.

But let's blame Wellens for the fault of others aswell as him.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #222 on September 01, 2015, 12:20:52 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Maybe if we worked harder off the ball there would be more options for the player looking to pass the ball.
We have been woeful off the ball this season.

Absolutely. The lack of movement in the team is alarming at times. Players like Wellens rely on passing into space as a major part of their game. Rovers are often static off the ball, thus creating no space. The number of times our players are beaten to the ball by quicker opposition is a major concern, and often makes it look like a poor Wellens pass.

bally1950

« Reply #223 on September 01, 2015, 01:20:02 pm by bally1950 »
And if it is true what Dickov has been saying

Then it appears Wellens is holding the club to ransom and treating the fans with contempt.

THAT IS

If it is right what has been said by Dickov, because other than that people are jumping to conclusions as to what and why etc.

We will know better in.....................................................May 2016 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

scotlandsbest

• Forum Member
wellens
« Reply #224 on September 01, 2015, 05:16:20 pm by scotlandsbest »
is a tit END OF  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 05:38:30 pm by Forum Admin »

nortikorner

• Forum Member
Re: wellens
« Reply #225 on September 01, 2015, 05:18:30 pm by nortikorner »
of what

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #226 on September 01, 2015, 11:10:38 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
I think keeping costs down is the last thing Wednesday are trying to do at the minute

I meant QPR are trying to keep costs down, not before time either.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #227 on September 02, 2015, 04:31:47 pm by drfchound »
Johnathan

Heffernan and Leper spring to mind...

If Heffs hadnt come to the rescue with all those goals after Christmas we would have been relegated in that first season back up.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #228 on September 02, 2015, 04:58:47 pm by Al4475 »
Now there's a dilemma inside an enigma hound! Was it great management to put heffs in when SO'D did when he was chomping at the bit with a point to prove? Or was it bad management leaving him till then? Either way there's no denying it worked! Lol!

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #229 on September 02, 2015, 06:25:34 pm by i_ateallthepies »
That is a very good question Al.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #230 on September 02, 2015, 09:02:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Right, it was like this...

No, forget it.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #231 on September 02, 2015, 09:13:33 pm by drfchound »
Without a doubt it was bad management sticking with Guy.
Lewis was the original barn door billy.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #232 on September 02, 2015, 10:15:27 pm by newyankee »
I said yesterday that I couldn't understand why we had signed a replacement midfielder in place of Wellens, when there are other areas which need strengthening. I had forgotten about the loan door opening again next week. Could it be that HE is going, but on loan till January with a view to a full purchase or signing at that time.

This is just a thought on my part, but unless we are going to play three at the back, six in midfield and a loan striker I don't understand why we are flush with fit and unfit midfielders.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #233 on September 03, 2015, 05:26:29 pm by newyankee »
Looks like I came up with the right answer.  Apparently PD has said Wellens won't play again and he is hoping to put him on loan next week.   Therefore that is why we have signed Goburn.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #234 on September 03, 2015, 05:31:47 pm by dickos1 »
That's not what dickov said

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #235 on September 03, 2015, 06:12:16 pm by newyankee »
Dickov says he won't be considered this weekend, he only wants players who are 100%. I was going on comments on here as I had not heard the interview as I don't have sound on my computer at work.

I do think that Wellens has burned his bridges, although Dickov says not, bringing in replacements doesn't look good for Wellens.  It seems though that every year there is a different problem with him, maybe it's time we did get rid.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #236 on April 12, 2016, 01:48:16 am by hoolahoop »
And if it is true what Dickov has been saying

Then it appears Wellens is holding the club to ransom and treating the fans with contempt.

THAT IS

If it is right what has been said by Dickov, because other than that people are jumping to conclusions as to what and why etc.

We will know better in.....................................................May 2016 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

How very prophetic. No wonder we couldn't win a  game prior to all this kicking off and virtually since . Perhaps Dickov , for what it's worth , only lost some of the changing room or rather just just some of the senior pros ?

Perhaps having looked  through this thread once again, I didn't actually notice which regular posters were conspicuous by their absence.
I warrant that this was and perhaps still is the all pervasive toxic atmosphere that Ferguson walked into . Were or even are there still some players from that group still around who still feel/felt bitter about what happened ?

What a mess ! I want him along with the CEO, chairman and owners to sort out a strategy  together. The more , I hear , the more I want to see this happen. Perhaps Ferguson, like Dickov didn't/doesn't want interference from others and perhaps that's why Wellens, Jones  and Forrester had to go and others need to follow the exit door too. Any manager either taking the reins or keeping them needs any remaining players or other backroom staff to have their contracts paid up and shown the door.

We had two managers that IMO were frustrated by what they saw but were unable to stop the fermenting behind their backs.  All along  the spectre of JR loomed  in the background perhaps some players even performed poorly out of a misguided loyalty to him ?

Time to start cleaning up our act from top to bottom and for all our management team to begin singing from the same hymn sheet .

If we don't start this exercise immediately then like any other "rotten" business it will fold like a house of cards. No more poison chalices should be presented to our managers.....

I make no apologies for this post as Bally , like others, could see what was coming despite that short honeymoon period .
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 07:43:25 am by hoolahoop »

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #237 on April 12, 2016, 01:59:22 am by hoolahoop »
Were, any of you reading this , asked to keep quiet about what happened ?  Why did you allow posters alleging that Dickov had lost the changing room to blindly go unchallenged ? Is it possible that you could have spoken out if the same thing might just might  have been happening again to DF ?

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #238 on April 12, 2016, 05:35:33 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Hoola, obviously I'm being unbelievably dumb here and this is the first post I've looked at today but what stone has been turned since yesterday that brings about your last two posts?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #239 on April 12, 2016, 09:43:04 pm by hoolahoop »
Do you know what I've written a reply to you here but decided to remove it because I'm talking bollox . Sorry everyone - carry on as we are eh

TinyPortal © 2005-2012