Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 05:05:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No Wellens today  (Read 50889 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: No Wellens today
« Reply #150 on August 30, 2015, 07:24:05 pm by IDM »
I think this is additional, Stewart looks to be here whilst Tyson and Forrester are out.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on August 30, 2015, 07:24:22 pm by acko »
could it be barnsley they are on the look out for YOUNG talent

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #152 on August 30, 2015, 08:35:11 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Blackpool or Bury.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #153 on August 30, 2015, 09:07:46 pm by dickos1 »
He's in talks with a championship club isn't he?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #154 on August 30, 2015, 09:12:18 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Rotherham?

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on August 30, 2015, 10:05:16 pm by dknward2 »
Maybe scottish championship

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #156 on August 30, 2015, 10:11:12 pm by Canadian Rover »
Apparently his agent mentioned New York to him....his ego got the better of him and he quickly pictured playing with Villa and Lampard  and feeding off Pirlo (who is a poor man's Brian Stock).  Sadly for him it's New York Stadium....where in the initiation ceremony there the players have to lick Steve Evans' armpits after he's done 7 minutes on the treadmill.

Unlucky Ritchie....you'll never be a copps.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #157 on August 30, 2015, 11:19:49 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Ipswich will be the one, they look for value signings, they do pay out loads of money, McCarthy has a lot of young players there but lacks a bit of passing ability in the middle.
As long he doesn't mind someone who moves around the inside of the centre circle it will be okay, i see Stewart as being a sweetener if we like him they will release him from his contract.
Everything points to Ipswich for me, he is they're type of signing, quality at a low price.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #158 on August 31, 2015, 12:19:04 am by eastender »
Ipswich will be the one, they look for value signings, they do pay out loads of money, McCarthy has a lot of young players there but lacks a bit of passing ability in the middle.
As long he doesn't mind someone who moves around the inside of the centre circle it will be okay, i see Stewart as being a sweetener if we like him they will release him from his contract.
Everything points to Ipswich for me, he is they're type of signing, quality at a low price.

Chaplow was there on loan  last season and is 5 years younger... + Ipswich aren't that desperate.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #159 on August 31, 2015, 12:23:08 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Sammy

There's more chance of me inventing a time machine, going back to the late 80s and having a knee trembler with a just-turned-18 Vanessa Paradis in the shitters in Park Lane while Duggy got in a round of Kaliber alcohol-free ale than there is of Wellens signing for Ipswich.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on August 31, 2015, 12:25:11 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Sammy

There's more chance of me inventing a time machine, going back to the late 80s and having a knee trembler with a just-turned-18 Vanessa Paradis in the shitters in Park Lane while Duggy got in a round of Kaliber alcohol-free ale than there is of Wellens signing for Ipswich.

There's always hope if you have a deluded mind!. :thumbsup:

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #161 on August 31, 2015, 08:17:15 am by acko »
could be way off the mark here,but its a fact that various australian a league agents over here looking for players to sign maybe wellens fits there bill,plus it would be a good place to wind your career down

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #162 on August 31, 2015, 08:18:50 am by weststander »
Today's Star article seems to rule out Ipswich as the attraction of the move for Wellens is to be nearer his home. Also points to his replacement being a Championship player

Sorry can't do the link
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 08:21:42 am by weststander »

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on August 31, 2015, 08:47:19 am by roversam »
Rochdale or Bury I reckon.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #164 on August 31, 2015, 09:20:31 am by The Red Baron »
Could also be Blackpool. Former club, and they must be desperate to do something.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #165 on August 31, 2015, 09:33:58 am by Donnywolf »
Could also be Blackpool. Former club, and they must be desperate to do something.
Good shout .. best so far I reckon

After a good career he has something to give somewhere. That somewhere "by concensus" on this thread seems to be at a the same or a lesser level than he is right now and Blackpool could well be the shout

roversmad

• VSC Member
« Reply #166 on August 31, 2015, 09:50:57 am by roversmad »
Looks like it could well be at a lower level next season

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on August 31, 2015, 09:56:42 am by Jonathan »
Whatever happens I hope we replace him with a permanent signing.

If you let key players go and replace them with loan players then you're only rolling over a problem. If you then get to the summer (as we often do) and allow contracts to expire, regularly letting more players leave than we bring in, then you end up with a wafer thin squad.

If we are to shed Wellens' not insignificant wage from the wage bill then surely we must be looking at bringing in a replacement of our own.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on August 31, 2015, 09:59:31 am by Dare to dream! »
Bolton?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on August 31, 2015, 10:02:08 am by mushRTID »
Bolton are my guess too I'm not sure why he'd go to a local league one club, surely none would pay what he earns here?

BiargeBob

• Forum Member
« Reply #170 on August 31, 2015, 10:03:53 am by BiargeBob »
The only player other than BFG who did not go up to Williams after he scored against Ipswich...... Wellens.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #171 on August 31, 2015, 10:06:49 am by Copps is Magic »
I couldn't give three slaps of cow's arse where he ends up as long as it's done by the end of the day.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 10:13:38 am by Copps is Magic »

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #172 on August 31, 2015, 11:11:20 am by Lesonthewest »

Spot on
Wellens can still do a great job, in centre mid, especially in a team when the other players a) do the running and b) are on the same wavelength as him.

Sometimes Richie plays a pass, or tries to play a pass here, that the others don't read..

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #173 on August 31, 2015, 11:14:51 am by Lesonthewest »
It's really strange how some people feel the need to slag players off.

Spot on
Richie Wellens has been one of the best midfield men to play for the club in the last fifty years and it's been a joy to have him here.
Even this season his vision and passing ability have been on another level.
Like others I don't like the frustration he has shown at times when other players haven't quite been on the same wavelength.
But he has encouraged Harry Middleton and helped to bring him on and his interplay with Copps, one of the few of a similar ability while he has been here, has been great to watch.
Is it too much to ask to wish him well wherever he goes...except when he's playing against us?
Whatever happens he will leave big boots to fill.

Richie Wellens has been one of the best midfield men to play for the club in the last fifty years and it's been a joy to have him here.
Like others I don't like the frustration he has shown at times when other players haven't quite been on the same wavelength.
But he has encouraged Harry Middleton and helped to bring him on and his interplay with Copps, one of the few of a similar ability while he has been here, has been great to watch.
Is it too much to ask to wish him well wherever he goes...except when he's playing against us?

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #174 on August 31, 2015, 01:16:57 pm by Ian Nimmo »
I have a feeling it could be Preston.

Ritchie was great for us first time around, but it doesn't seemed to have worked this time around.

I have always had some concern about his attitude at times, I will never forget when he had a dispute with Brian Stock when he threw a full bottle of water at him in the dressing room and they had to be separated, with both being not returning for the 2nd half.
But he has been a very good player for us and was always a part of our 'special' midfield, and great to have the pleasure of watching him play in a rovers shirt.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #175 on August 31, 2015, 01:20:26 pm by drfchound »
Dressing room and training ground bust ups have always happened.
I shows that players care.
I will be sad if RW does leave.
He is still one our better players.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #176 on August 31, 2015, 01:27:26 pm by wing commander »
It's always him though isn't it...he could fall out with his shadow...I disagree though,past maybe,he doesn't give his much at all these days..no movement,no killer passes,won't shoot...doesn't fit in this team so let's hope he gets his move today and we get one in before deadline..

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
« Reply #177 on August 31, 2015, 01:34:54 pm by Wade Falana »
I'll have a guess at Preston or Blackburn

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #178 on August 31, 2015, 03:55:14 pm by Lifelong supporter »
Don't think it's either.
In fact don't think anyone has named the club yet.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on August 31, 2015, 04:00:54 pm by mjg »
Buy old fella

TinyPortal © 2005-2012