Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 12:24:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: wellens  (Read 38554 times)

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
Re: wellens
« Reply #90 on September 03, 2015, 10:23:00 am by Askern_reds »
it may be family reasons for him wanting a move away or it maybe that he thinks why am I travelling all this way to play for this pot less idiot of a manager we all know he is out spoken and he has probably just had enough as he does have a footballing brain and can see a pass and on his day is the best we have     
and how many on his day as he had? cameo peformar he asnt had that many good games.they say no player should be bigger than the club think he's just turned that theory round, he's makeing drfc look like a set of kitsons,they should av sacked him just an opinion

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on September 03, 2015, 12:57:03 pm by Move DRFC »
Looks like Wellens is off on loan. Not playing on Saturday

U reds

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on September 03, 2015, 01:04:43 pm by Copps is Magic »
So I presume we'll just keep paying him while he looks for another club and doesn't do the job he's paid to do? In what other job in society could you do that?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on September 03, 2015, 01:07:26 pm by silent majority »
Richie Wellens, the one with respect for the club and his team mates....

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on September 03, 2015, 01:13:01 pm by Not Now Kato »
So I presume we'll just keep paying him while he looks for another club and doesn't do the job he's paid to do? In what other job in society could you do that?

Any job where you have a fixed term contract I'm afraid.  So long as you're not in breach of contract it has to be honoured or paid up.  :(

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on September 03, 2015, 01:17:06 pm by The Red Baron »

I don't see why he isn't playing on Saturday. I could understand him being left out last week because both he and Dickov thought he had a deal done and didn't wish to scupper it.

I don't understand why he can't play now - ie do the job he's paid for- until a loan move is sorted out.

Just makes me think there's more to this than meets the eye.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on September 03, 2015, 01:17:56 pm by IDM »

U reds

Where do you get that from?  Has something been said?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on September 03, 2015, 01:18:57 pm by Copps is Magic »
Player power. A player under contract is meant to give the club stability but obviously not.

I presume then that Wellens is still making himself available to play so that he's not in breech of his contract and that it is PD choosing not to play him.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on September 03, 2015, 01:20:38 pm by The Red Baron »

U reds

Jonathan Buchan on Twitter.
https://mobile.twitter.com/jonathanbuchan

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on September 03, 2015, 01:21:28 pm by Wade Falana »
PD'd just done his press conference, says he's wants 100% committed players. Richie will probably be off when the loan window re-opens but won't won't play again. If he doesn't move then the door will be left open if he can prove he wants to be here.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on September 03, 2015, 01:21:48 pm by Filo »
The sooner he's out of the club the better for me, he's become a bad egg ever since he realised no one wanted him last summer!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on September 03, 2015, 01:22:32 pm by IDM »

U reds

Jonathan Buchan on Twitter.
https://mobile.twitter.com/jonathanbuchan

Thank you - just catching up!

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on September 03, 2015, 01:31:40 pm by godlike1 »
For once I thought we may have started to get some strength in depth and competition for places with the loan signing et al

So much for that ...................

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on September 03, 2015, 01:36:55 pm by Copps is Magic »
There is certainly competition in midfield. Not including Wellens we have 10 (9 fit) who can play in midfield.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on September 03, 2015, 01:43:21 pm by steve@dcfd »
There is certainly competition in midfield. Not including Wellens we have 10 (9 fit) who can play in midfield.

Let's hope a part from Copps out wide we have another with some sort of creativity.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on September 03, 2015, 01:46:11 pm by steve@dcfd »
PD still going on the lines he wants a club closer to home for personal reasons. Yet it certainly appears that some how there is a cover up to the real reasons.

As I said before we will not see Richie in a Rovers shirt again.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on September 03, 2015, 01:46:49 pm by Dare to dream! »
Sad that his time here is ending on a sour note. He's been a great player for us, one I will remember.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 01:49:31 pm by Dare to dream! »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on September 03, 2015, 02:00:26 pm by GazLaz »

He was just having a bit of fun. As for this situation, without knowing his reasoning for wanting to be closer to home it's hard to judge.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on September 03, 2015, 02:03:28 pm by wing commander »
   Football fans hate it when players take the p~~s out of there club...Dickov said he was available for selection..Now he's spoken to Wellens and suddenly he's not available as he isn't 100% committed...He wanted a transfer and permission to speak and we gave it,he couldn't get a deal done and just for a change is mardy again and doesn't want to play...awww diddums
      That says it all about the man..Sooner he's out the door the better..I don't want to see him in our shirt again...

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on September 03, 2015, 02:25:11 pm by jamesrover17 »
Chappers and Middleton look miles better in the centre anyway... plus with the addition of Gobern... return of Keegs we wont be struggling, free up some wages and get a couple of decent loan signings in.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on September 03, 2015, 02:38:19 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

He was just having a bit of fun. As for this situation, without knowing his reasoning for wanting to be closer to home it's hard to judge.

I don't believe it if I'm honest.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on September 03, 2015, 03:17:35 pm by drfc1951 »
PD still going on the lines he wants a club closer to home for personal reasons. Yet it certainly appears that some how there is a cover up to the real reasons.

As I said before we will not see Richie in a Rovers shirt again.

Why is there a cover up?

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on September 03, 2015, 03:26:50 pm by roversontheup »
   Football fans hate it when players take the p~~s out of there club...Dickov said he was available for selection..Now he's spoken to Wellens and suddenly he's not available as he isn't 100% committed...He wanted a transfer and permission to speak and we gave it,he couldn't get a deal done and just for a change is mardy again and doesn't want to play...awww diddums
      That says it all about the man..Sooner he's out the door the better..I don't want to see him in our shirt again...

I've just listened to PD interview and nowhere does he say that Ritchie doesn't want to play this weekend. Certainly for whatever reason RW wants a club closer to his home and he may get a loan move in the coming week or so.  While that is going on PD doesn't think he can give 100% out on the pitch and wants players playing who are committed to playing for Rovers.
Now maybe I am being naive believing the spoken word but I see no reason to keep on with these conspiracy theories.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on September 03, 2015, 03:34:11 pm by dickos1 »

I don't believe it if I'm honest.

If he signs for a club in the north west then I think there lies the answer
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 03:42:21 pm by dickos1 »

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on September 03, 2015, 03:40:17 pm by wing commander »
   No conspiracy theories...I just don't think the blokes got the balls for it when we need to dig in...As far as I know he's travelled the same distance during his contract so far..He's had all summer on our wages to decide if it was a bit far for him but no.... he leaves it till we have a poorish start,with half the team injured and struggling to put out a competitive team before he announces he wants to go somewhere else...No fight in him...I bet he didn't turn round to Dickov and say "it hasn't happened,i'm still here and I'm fully focused on Doncaster..let me play"...Dickov doesn't think he's committed because he Isn't...If I could make him wear the Donny Dog costume and deliver the pies next home gain..he should...lol

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on September 03, 2015, 03:44:03 pm by dickos1 »
You've no idea what's happened, obviously it's happened recently so it's irrelevant what he was doing in the summer.
His wife could be ill, his parents , anything

Bit silly to slag him off without knowing the facts

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on September 03, 2015, 03:45:30 pm by StocktonRover »
I posted this on the Curtis Main thread yesterday - who knows the facts?

Maybe his potential move was not about his desire for our club but something affecting his personal circumstances?

Not in the know but if he or any other commuting player or worker (myself included) lost his ability to drive for a period of time it would make it very difficult to attend work as normal.
They could look for a solution nearer home to suit their new found circumstances.

On Saturday I felt that we were quicker going forward without Wellens, however last night we were crying out for him to put his foot on the ball and stop it continually coming back in the second half.

As none of us are in the know let's cut him some slack and play him with our support if it's the best option for the club

RTID

Maybe a loan deal has been arranged but can't be in place until the window opens next week

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on September 03, 2015, 04:00:11 pm by wing commander »
I'm not basing my opinion of him just based on the last few days events...I'm basing it on longer than that...He falls out with his own shadow never mind most of his team mates...He's got form for cutting and running when times get hard but most importantly I'm going on what weve been told..If it had been anything unfortunate in his personal life Dickov would have been a lot more sympathetic in his comments about the situation to deflect grief heading Wellens way....What he actually said consistently was that he wants to be closer to home and he doesn't think he's 100% commited so wont play....No sympathy or deflection there...So until I know different I will believe what I think...

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on September 03, 2015, 04:03:55 pm by dickos1 »
He said he's not 100% because he's hoping to move next week.
If anybody was desperate for a move then obviously they wouldn't be fully committed, be worried about getting injured.
Dickov has said he fully understands his reasons but they're private ,

Seems to me you're just reading what you want to

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on September 03, 2015, 04:09:09 pm by wing commander »
   Maybe so Dickos...I'm just tired of players demanding things..there happy to sign contracts at the time..Dickov will have known the reason from the start and he would have said "Weve had a chat and for personal reasons we are trying to help him during a difficult time and ask for everybodys understanding" he hasn't said one word of support for him so I personally think that's unlikely...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012