Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 02:36:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: wellens  (Read 38573 times)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: wellens
« Reply #60 on September 02, 2015, 12:23:55 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Massive assumptions there.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

murham

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on September 02, 2015, 12:27:49 pm by murham »
Accept Wellens still has ambition ,for himself and whatever club he plays for
Chuntering for the sake of fetching the club down is a waste
Dickov is probably the wrong manager at this time I agree
However this team looks 200% better than this time last year
Wellens is class and he's entitled to his arrogance
Back the team as it is or go away

50 years I've backed this club from all my travels around the world and I still enjoy the ups and downs
RTID.    Team of the future

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on September 02, 2015, 12:33:19 pm by steve@dcfd »
So wellens failure to secure a move away has resulted in us not being able to bring more players in AND we have now got to try and accept wellens back with "open arms".
Sounds like a bad day all round to me.

What is a bad day is that the club cannot afford two more players until Wellens leaves Sustainability that's what it's all about promotion is not on the agenda and that's why supporters are fed up and staying away. Paying high ticket prices just to consolidate in the league.

That's just supposition.

Yes it is but the manager who as his faults is being held back in getting players. If Richie had left we would have signed the player he missed out on. That is my opinion.

People keep saying their is money there yet PD he wanted a versatile defender and forward and we are no further forward in getting those players who I suspect will be loans.

Why would people come when the on the field at home the performances are still not good and owners and CEO do not communicate with them.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on September 02, 2015, 12:48:45 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
You cannot expect the board to keep an open forum and comment on every incident or speculation. It's your opinion steve not fact.

I suggest the only people who know the facts about the Wellens situation and the transfer situation are PD and Gavin Baldwin. Are you expecting a list of targets to be circulated? Why not seek clarification tomorrow night?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on September 02, 2015, 01:08:14 pm by wing commander »
  I think Steve is saying that the board and Gavins general communication with the fans is poor..In fact its totally non existent...Can anybody honestly say they know what there aims and ambitions are ??? I cant.. So it's okay saying its just assumptions but that's all we have to go on isn't it...
   What isn't assumption is more and more people are questioning the direction we are going in..Facts are Facts..We are in our lowest league position in years.We do not play any football that encourages people to come,even as a season ticket holder people are thinking twice and attendances are the lowest they have been at the Moat...Those are FACTS not assumptions....

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on September 02, 2015, 01:12:09 pm by oggycompton »
So wellens failure to secure a move away has resulted in us not being able to bring more players in AND we have now got to try and accept wellens back with "open arms".

What is a bad day is that the club cannot afford two more players until Wellens leaves Sustainability that's what it's all about promotion is not on the agenda and that's why supporters are fed up and staying away. Paying high ticket prices just to consolidate in the league.

That's just supposition.

Yes it is but the manager who as his faults is being held back in getting players. If Richie had left we would have signed the player he missed out on. That is my opinion.

People keep saying their is money there yet PD he wanted a versatile defender and forward and we are no further forward in getting those players who I suspect will be loans.

Why would people come when the on the field at home the performances are still not good and owners and CEO do not communicate with them.

That is a fact.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on September 02, 2015, 01:13:36 pm by wing commander »
    I really hope these questions get asked at the Meet the owners night,tough questions eye to eye....I sadly cant attend in person due to work else I would have happily asked them as I'm lost on what we are trying to do and how we are going about it..And seen as though nobody at our club has even the common decency to reply to e-mails on any subject...it's the only chance we will get...

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on September 02, 2015, 01:36:16 pm by Drover »
dickos1

I refer you to my last post.

dickos1

I refer you to my last post.

Your both right,I believe Dickos1 means better "Financial offers" which I would not be surprised at all,BB your talking about all-round offers,with all options linked considered Etc.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on September 02, 2015, 01:38:16 pm by steve@dcfd »
the lack of communications is not about specific targets for players, I'm not bothered that's the managers job.

But where is the club heading as wing commander says.

It's answers from the CEO and the owners that need clarifying.

I'm out of Doncaster tomorrow I hope I can get to the meeting to ask specific questions.

PD as his faults on the way the team plays and development of players.

But what is the ambition of the owners, where have they targeted we will finish in the league.
Have they given enough resources to the manager to achieve their aims and objectives.
The CEO talked about exciting times last May, you can only have that if you have set targets that are achievable from the resources you have given the manager. Holding him account to ensure those targets are met.

So it's the direction of the club is it all about sustainability, because crowds are getting less, performances on the field are not improving, ticket prices for league games remain the same. Season ticket holders are asking themselves is it worth it, people saying at home. The longer it last they will find other things to do and will not return.

So communication from the CEO and owners not on specific players but what are their aims and aspirations for the club this season.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on September 02, 2015, 01:50:41 pm by drfc1951 »
So we have brought in 2 players ,Stewart and Gobern and have not lost any doesn't sound bad to me.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on September 02, 2015, 01:53:56 pm by grayx »
So we have brought in 2 players ,Stewart and Gobern and have not lost any doesn't sound bad to me.

Someone else with "rose-tints" on.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on September 02, 2015, 01:55:19 pm by drfchound »
It sounds like a fact to me grayx.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on September 02, 2015, 02:04:01 pm by drfc1951 »
No glasses just the truth,but I would have tried to sign a right back instead of one of them.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on September 02, 2015, 02:05:57 pm by Drover »
If the players fetched in was the Esdaille Bro's,would you still think it doesnt sound bad?It maybe fact we fetched 2 players in,But it is'nt fact that it is'nt bad!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on September 02, 2015, 02:19:33 pm by wing commander »
oh my god not the Esdailles...A timely reminder things are not quite that bad...Yet...It wasn't the players weve brought in that's the problem its the terms...Loans are just short term firefighting and when they are gone again we are back to square one...I was wanting to see some permanent deals for the future to get us to the squad size we should have started with..It frankly amazes me that a professional football club doesn't have a right back on its books who has more than a few games experience...Weve been going on about it since the beginning of summer...I would love Dickov to explain the reason for that to me..its nearly criminal.....

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on September 02, 2015, 02:26:14 pm by TheFunk »
I wonder how Ipswich fans cope. They don't even know what their owner looks like. I can't imagine there are many owners who would be prepared to meet the fans, especially when things aren't going well. Kudos to them for that much.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on September 02, 2015, 02:27:04 pm by drfc1951 »
If the players fetched in was the Esdaille Bro's,would you still think it doesnt sound bad?It maybe fact we fetched 2 players in,But it is'nt fact that it is'nt bad!
We havnt signed the Esdailles tho have we,the 2 we have signed are better than them.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on September 02, 2015, 02:29:36 pm by drfc1951 »
oh my god not the Esdailles...A timely reminder things are not quite that bad...Yet...It wasn't the players weve brought in that's the problem its the terms...Loans are just short term firefighting and when they are gone again we are back to square one...I was wanting to see some permanent deals for the future to get us to the squad size we should have started with..It frankly amazes me that a professional football club doesn't have a right back on its books who has more than a few games experience...Weve been going on about it since the beginning of summer...I would love Dickov to explain the reason for that to me..its nearly criminal.....

Weve only got 2 players on loan I think.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on September 02, 2015, 02:32:25 pm by acko »
the players brought in only replace the long term injuries the rovers have so at the moment doesnt strengthen the squad,shouldnt need meet the owners meetings if the chairman would say something now and again

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on September 02, 2015, 04:32:53 pm by grayx »
No glasses just the truth,but I would have tried to sign a right back instead of one of them.

At least we agree on that.
I was really hoping for a permanent,long term replacement for Wellens. A creative midfielder to build the team around.  If Gobern is that man then great, but why didn't we BUY him if he is. I hope I'm wrong, but it sounds like a "quick fix" expecting Wellens to go and us not wanting to spend on buying a replacement, or not knowing of a suitable one available.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on September 02, 2015, 05:50:46 pm by Cramby10 »
Idler

We've played 6 matches against Tier 3 sides and effectively kept 5 clean sheets, despite having a paper-thin squad and an injury list like a roll call at Iwo Jima. I think we're not short of a bit of grit. 
short of bloody goals though!!

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on September 02, 2015, 06:09:38 pm by i_ateallthepies »

It's widely believed that Wellens is one of the club's top earners, he's also our player.  There must be a reason for that, my guess is that the manager thought him worth it.  So, why would him failing to secure a move away be like a bad day all round?

Last night showed what our play looks like without Wellens in the side, virtually no play through midfield, just constantly lumping it upfield only for it to come straight back.

When finally we did manage to get into the game, it was clear to see what we've been lacking with Keegan out.  I'd like to see us playing with Keegan and Wellens paired up again, and soon.  Things will be a good deal better then.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on September 02, 2015, 06:20:53 pm by grayx »

[/quote]

It's widely believed that Wellens is one of the club's top earners, he's also our player.  There must be a reason for that, my guess is that the manager thought him worth it.  So, why would him failing to secure a move away be like a bad day all round
[/quote]

Because its now widely known amongst the rest of the squad that he doesn't want to be here?
Hardly good for team spirit,especially if he goes straight back into the side.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on September 02, 2015, 06:23:43 pm by The Red Baron »
Keegan and Wellens in centre mid with Coppinger and Chaplow playing wide wouldn't be a bad midfield. Chaplow could also play in the hole behind Williams.

I still think Wellens will be gone in a week or two, probably on loan with a permanent move in January. Otherwise I can't understand the move for Gobern rather than a defender.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on September 02, 2015, 06:27:57 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Is it really widely known amongst the squad grayx or are you just trying to win an argument with imaginary 'facts'?

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on September 02, 2015, 06:34:51 pm by grayx »
Is it really widely known amongst the squad grayx or are you just trying to win an argument with imaginary 'facts'?

I'd be pretty surprised if the squad aren't aware of him wanting to leave. It's hardly been kept secret. I think Dickov telling the press Wellens had asked to speak to another club may have been a bit of a a giveaway.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on September 02, 2015, 06:39:32 pm by drfc1951 »
It may be a family reason why Wellens wants a move,there could be an illness in his family.If that is the case then no one would blame him.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on September 02, 2015, 06:39:38 pm by Alan Southstand »
Don't worry, the entire squad WILL know exactly what is wrong with Ritchie. Do you think they don't talk to one another?

I think there is much more to this than people are letting on, and I include the manager in that!

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on September 02, 2015, 07:02:21 pm by Lesonthewest »
@liamhoden: Paul Dickov confirms Richie Wellens will be in training on Thursday and will be available for selection on Saturday #drfc #starlive

@liamhoden: Dickov confirmed the proposed move was down to Wellens wanting to go to a club closer to home #drfc #starlive

So our best midfield player wanted to be closer to home in supporters eyes may be the wrong decision to want to leave the club.

Yet a lot of writers on here believe he past his best and should not play.

With the right players round him I have him in every game, but with another player to play so he does not have to play every game, let's hope that Gobern is because we have no one else. Although Middleton with more games will develop into a good player.

Yep, IF he gets back in, maybe Gobern is the answer. Thing is he is probably as frustrated as the rest of us at the lack of the 2 or 3 players to complete the squad, or even the way we set up. Just a thought.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on September 02, 2015, 10:43:19 pm by rich1471 »
it may be family reasons for him wanting a move away or it maybe that he thinks why am I travelling all this way to play for this pot less idiot of a manager we all know he is out spoken and he has probably just had enough as he does have a footballing brain and can see a pass and on his day is the best we have     

TinyPortal © 2005-2012