Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 12:19:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: wellens  (Read 38553 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: wellens
« Reply #120 on September 03, 2015, 04:22:11 pm by The Red Baron »
You've no idea what's happened, obviously it's happened recently so it's irrelevant what he was doing in the summer.
His wife could be ill, his parents , anything

Bit silly to slag him off without knowing the facts

Not commenting at all on his circumstances or reasons for wanting a move, but I find it odd that he isn't being considered for selection.

A lot of people have compared the situation to a "normal" job, but in those you are expected to turn up and put in a day's graft until you find somewhere else to go.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on September 03, 2015, 05:03:07 pm by dickos1 »
In normal jobs you're unlikely to injure yourself though which in turn would then end that move that you desperately require.
I think dickov has been quite sympathetic towards the situation in that interview

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on September 03, 2015, 05:31:07 pm by dickos1 »
I've had some info on this now, and let's just say I'm more on your wavelength now wing commander

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on September 03, 2015, 05:35:29 pm by Copps is Magic »
I've had some info on this now, and let's just say I'm more on your wavelength now wing commander

It was pretty obvious from the start.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on September 03, 2015, 06:12:14 pm by The Red Baron »
In normal jobs you're unlikely to injure yourself though which in turn would then end that move that you desperately require.
I think dickov has been quite sympathetic towards the situation in that interview

As I said earlier, I could understand him not being involved in the last two games because they thought a move was in the offing. But unless we've been told by another club that they want to loan Wellens next week, I can't see why he isn't being considered for selection.

Ok, we have Gobern now and Keegan and N'Guessan seem to be back in contention. But we don't have a big enough squad to leave players out just because they wanted a move that didn't happen.

Of course, there is probably a lot more to it than meets the eye...

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #125 on September 03, 2015, 06:15:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Haven't listened to that interview, but on Saturday  Dickov was very carefully saying that Wellens hadn't fallen out with HIM.

Which leaves lots of other possibilities.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on September 03, 2015, 06:20:29 pm by The Red Baron »
Haven't listened to that interview, but on Saturday  Dickov was very carefully saying that Wellens hadn't fallen out with HIM.

Which leaves lots of other possibilities.

True, and he has previous for falling out with team-mates. May not have been all his fault, of course.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on September 03, 2015, 06:25:23 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
TRB

If (IF) there has been a falling out, there are only 2 possible outcomes.

1) Someone has to grow up and deal with it.
2) Someone has to go.

The way things have panned out so far suggests that 1) ain't happening.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on September 03, 2015, 07:15:21 pm by ravenrover »
What I heard on Tuesday was a bit of an ultimatum " Either you go by Monday or I will" now who that was aimed at I'm not too sure

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on September 03, 2015, 08:38:56 pm by wilts rover »
Well Dickov & Wellens are both still here so can't be either of them? Or did you mean next Monday? Or the Monday after....

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on September 03, 2015, 08:45:22 pm by Askern_reds »
TRB

If (IF) there has been a falling out, there are only 2 possible outcomes.

1) Someone has to grow up and deal with it.
2) Someone has to go.

The way things have panned out so far suggests that 1) ain't happening.
yes, wellens f**k off ego bashing prick

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on September 03, 2015, 08:51:04 pm by drfc1951 »
What I heard on Saturday, he had another spat with Tyson.Just what I heard don't know if its true or not.

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on September 03, 2015, 08:58:21 pm by Askern_reds »
What I heard on Saturday, he had another spat with Tyson.Just what I heard don't know if its true or not.
well do no if it's true, he got arse on because he couldn't take kids on pitch? it was oldham who come in for him, I do no I'm sure it will come out in time

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on September 03, 2015, 09:13:47 pm by Dare to dream! »

That's more realistic than the bust up with PD rumours.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on September 03, 2015, 09:15:47 pm by dickos1 »
From what I've heard from inside the club there hasn't been any bust up, and the club was Wigan, and then Blackpool.
The reason given for him wanting to move is he's sick of the travelling

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on September 03, 2015, 09:19:24 pm by Askern_reds »
From what I've heard from inside the club there hasn't been any bust up, and the club was Wigan, and then Blackpool.
sick of traveling? On how much a week, load a balls

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on September 03, 2015, 09:28:55 pm by dickos1 »
It is, but that's the reason he's given apparently

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on September 03, 2015, 09:36:41 pm by grayx »

He'd be mad to go Blackpool...
Surely if hes sick of travelling the correct thing to do would be to put a transfer request in, but meantime work hard and earn your wage. I can't thelp but think he and Dickov have had a bit of a disagreement, perhaps due to Wellens speaking out about strength of the squad etc.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on September 03, 2015, 09:40:07 pm by IDM »
Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, but you have no concrete evidence to back up that specific opinion?

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on September 03, 2015, 09:41:11 pm by grayx »

He'd be mad to go Blackpool...
Surely if hes sick of travelling the correct thing to do would be to put a transfer request in, but meantime work hard and earn your wage. I can't thelp but think he and Dickov have had a bit of a disagreement, perhaps due to Wellens speaking out about strength of the squad etc.
Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, but you have no concrete evidence to back up that specific opinion?

Correct. I don't.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #140 on September 03, 2015, 09:41:39 pm by dickos1 »
I think he'd sorted the move before he spoke to Dickov, and only told Dickov when he thought it was 100%

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on September 03, 2015, 09:56:33 pm by The Red Baron »

He's sick of the travelling, but he did sign a two-year contract just over 12 months ago.

Let's hope he gets a loan move soon. Otherwise it looks as if we'll be paying him to do nothing till January, when we'll probably pay him off.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on September 03, 2015, 10:07:50 pm by Filo »
I think he'd sorted the move before he spoke to Dickov, and only told Dickov when he thought it was 100%

That in itself is a breach of his contract, he can start talking to clubs in his last six months of his contract

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #143 on September 03, 2015, 10:11:00 pm by wing commander »
I feel a bit robbed...He was once my favourite player but now I'd happily drive him to Blackpool/Wigan or Oldham myself...We will be better without him..team spirit will improve of that I'm certain..sad end to a great player who is now showing why he never quite fulfilled his potential.. He talks a big game but has proved he hasn't got the balls for the fight..

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on September 03, 2015, 10:37:12 pm by steve@dcfd »
There Are not many points I disagree with you but I would drive all the rest of our midfield players to any where to create chances.

He realises that the manager cannot get this team to play and get the results we should have.

But let's accept closing down long ball football and crowds getting smaller just because Richie spoke out.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on September 03, 2015, 10:49:38 pm by wing commander »
I don't think so Steve...I think you will be surprised,I bet we start playing a bit quicker for a start...but time will tell..

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on September 03, 2015, 11:49:46 pm by Canadian Rover »
I think Dickov is managing the situation very well...he seems to be taking everything in his stride....this must be a difficult job. Some great managers who fans love sod and Penney and Saunders who although not popular overall  was somewhat successful. We have a limited budget and expectations are lower throughout the club imo.

Some of the tactics and performances haven't been great....but I believe on time they will come.

I'm backing a dickov to do a good job....

Which includes getting rid of Wellens.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #147 on September 04, 2015, 08:22:53 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I don't think so Steve...I think you will be surprised,I bet we start playing a bit quicker for a start...but time will tell..

I think it will help the team moving Wellens on, he just doesn't fit what Dickov wants to achieve and this is my big problem with Dickov in that he doesn't always seem to bring in players that suits what he wants to do.

Wellens is history both in terms of ability and status here, letting him leave is not a bad thing.  Whatever the reason (I'll be stunned if it's travel) him leaving is no issue.  I fully believe he's hindered us a lot the past year as he just isn't that good all round.  Technically he has a lot of ability but the guy can't move...

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on September 04, 2015, 08:24:38 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I haven't a problem with Dickov, the way he's handled difficult situations has been exemplary. It's the product on the pitch that is less so.

Wellens out of the frame means the rest have to take that little bit more responsibility. I hope we see the team working for each other much more.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on September 04, 2015, 09:38:34 am by Cramby10 »
I can see all this wellens none sense turning into YET ANOTHER ready made excuse for dickovs ineptitude.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012