Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 11:22:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: If you where in charge Saturday...  (Read 4675 times)

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
If you where in charge Saturday...
« on September 09, 2015, 11:38:57 am by Wade Falana »
What would you do different to Dickov?

Restore Wellens?
Play 5 in midfield and drop Main?
Stop them hoofing it?

Must be loads of others us fans want.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Re: If you where in charge Saturday...
« Reply #1 on September 09, 2015, 11:40:40 am by Dare to dream! »
Get the bloody ball, keep it and play football!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 09, 2015, 11:43:04 am by dickos1 »
Listening to dickov and the players though they all say they intend to play football, but it doesn't happen.
But you can only play football if you're confident and brave enough to want it with opposing players around you.
So maybe the main thing on Saturday is to breed the confidence back into the players.
Not much he can do with personnel

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 09, 2015, 11:43:40 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Get someone in midfield to sit and break up play.  Get the full backs forward more quickly.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 09, 2015, 11:47:36 am by dickos1 »
Someone?
Matic?

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 09, 2015, 11:49:16 am by Dare to dream! »
Get someone in midfield to sit and break up play.  Get the full backs forward more quickly.

Full backs were not existent under Dickov, I hope that changes. I love watching an attacking full back bombard forward.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 09, 2015, 11:56:00 am by acko »
apply for postponement,walsall will be smarting after last saturdays result

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 09, 2015, 12:02:06 pm by Cramby10 »
Full backs for me were where a lot of our failings occurred. They barely get past halfway at the mo. And if they do they don't know what to do with it. If full backs bomb on it pushes everyone else further up. We were spoilt with oconnor and Roberts but they were crucial in making us a force to rekoned with.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 09, 2015, 12:02:58 pm by bobjimwilly »
midfield is where we lacking, and have been for a long time. When keegan is fully fit we will play a lot better, but we need a ball winner and a playmaker.
could also do with a more experienced right back in place of lund.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 09, 2015, 12:04:21 pm by grayx »
How about remembering everything Dickov has taught the players to do..... and trying the opposite?

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 09, 2015, 12:18:33 pm by LincsRover »
The corporal to give an inspirational, spine tingling, 'fight them on the beaches', braveheart type team talk and stir a bit of passion in them before leading them by example on the field, and scoring the headed winner!!

:woohoo:

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 09, 2015, 12:21:38 pm by RedArmy »
The corporal to give an inspirational, spine tingling, 'fight them on the beaches', braveheart type team talk and stir a bit of passion in them before leading them by example on the field, and scoring the headed winner!!

A bit like he did days after saunders left at Stevenage. Led the team then scored the winner in the 93rd minute.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 09, 2015, 12:25:21 pm by swintonrover »

A bit like he did days after saunders left at Stevenage. Led the team then scored the winner in the 93rd minute.

Never experienced anything like the celebrations when Jones scored.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 09, 2015, 12:26:32 pm by Copps is Magic »
a) Focus on winning second balls

b) Once we win the ball play it on the deck - that is our strength

c) Midfielders have to be more willing to take shots and make runs (even if it leaves them out of position).

d) Our overall play needs to be far more attacking minded

e) Actually respond to things happening during the game

f) Play to the strengths of Evina and Stewart as they are our pacey players who can run with the ball (I would be tempted to have them on either wing and Copps in behind the striker - as he was playing in pre-season very successfully)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 12:32:51 pm by Copps is Magic »

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 09, 2015, 12:28:00 pm by Alan Southstand »
Full backs for me were where a lot of our failings occurred. They barely get past halfway at the mo. And if they do they don't know what to do with it. If full backs bomb on it pushes everyone else further up. We were spoiled with O'Connor and Roberts but they were crucial in making us a force to reckoned with.

Absolutely spot on Cramby. In a 4-4-2 set-up, when you have the ball, you can easily become a 6-in-midfield team. Good modern day full backs are worth their weight in gold. Then all you need is 2 wide men who can work in tandem with their respective FB and you've got a great basis for an entertaining style. Obviously all the other pieces in the jigsaw need to be there but the above gives you a lot of options.

That's our trouble - we're not a complete unit yet. We have (arguably) 70% of a good team, but the 20% that is missing, or not up to scratch, is letting the rest of the side down. We have a good base to work with, but we're still a bit short on width and pace. 2 commodities that gets you at the right end of the league.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 09, 2015, 12:29:16 pm by LincsRover »

Yep, just like that, then go on and become champions!!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 09, 2015, 12:32:34 pm by mushRTID »
Don't worry about the opposition!

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 09, 2015, 12:36:34 pm by Al4475 »
I would simply say initially, 'you lot are good players in a privileged profession' prove it, go out and play with a smile on your face, some pride in the shirt and do your best - it's a clean slate you all start afresh from now, prove to me and the people who pay your wages that you are talented enough and hungry enough to win this game - go for it! The challenge starts now!

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 09, 2015, 12:41:04 pm by RedArmy »

Yep, just like that, then go on and become champions!!

Nor me, then the players arm in arm singing the Jones' song was a picture ill never forget, united we stand and all that.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 09, 2015, 12:49:08 pm by The Red Baron »
If Keegan is fit I'd expect him to play. I think you'll find it makes a big difference to our midfield.

Wellens? Probably depends on whether his issue is with Dickov only or is a wider problem. Just because he's looking for a move is not a reason not to play him until the move comes off.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 09, 2015, 12:53:32 pm by Copps is Magic »
He doesn't want to play for this club. Any player who doesn't want to play for this club shouldn't.

PopStander

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 09, 2015, 12:56:04 pm by PopStander »
I think Jones will get them fired up!

He knows what he's doing!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 09, 2015, 12:57:09 pm by The Red Baron »
He doesn't want to play for this club. Any player who doesn't want to play for this club shouldn't.

Has he said that? Apparently he has asked for a move. Until that comes off we're still paying his wages and he should be available for selection.

RedRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 09, 2015, 12:57:25 pm by RedRover »
What would I do different to Dickov? Win!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 09, 2015, 01:03:01 pm by Copps is Magic »

Has he said that? Apparently he has asked for a move. Until that comes off we're still paying his wages and he should be available for selection.

And asking for a move doesn't constitute wanting to play for a different club and not us?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 09, 2015, 01:12:39 pm by wing commander »
   I like Jones as a player but why do people think he would make a good manager??? Lets be honest he's a stopper defender..The ball comes in he heads or gets it clear very effectively..He doesn't play his way out of trouble and leaves the passing type football to others..Good motivator maybe but tacticts etc etc?? Far to much of a question mark for me to even consider giving him the job....

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 09, 2015, 01:20:21 pm by Copps is Magic »
Gary Monk was a 'stopper defender'. I'm sure there are many others.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on September 09, 2015, 01:22:15 pm by dickos1 »
What good any manager was as a player is totally irrelevant though isn't it?
Look at mourinho, Rodgers, Wenger

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 09, 2015, 01:23:34 pm by Copps is Magic »
I think some people seem to get the impression that Jones is a bit of a blockhead. But I seriously doubt the club have given him the interim job without actually knowing what he is like as a person behind the scenes and his abilities.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 09, 2015, 01:28:11 pm by DonnyOsmond »
He might not have been blessed with ability but that doesn't mean he'll be a shit manager or the team will play in a style he plays in.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012