Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 10:47:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ffs rovers  (Read 10801 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Ffs rovers
« on September 12, 2015, 04:48:03 pm by normal rules »
Hoping they could stop the rot and eek out a draw. 85th minute :facepalm:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: Ffs rovers
« Reply #1 on September 12, 2015, 04:55:50 pm by normal rules »
Frustration turns into capitulation.

Manager less posh scored 5 at Oldham.

Still no goals.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 12, 2015, 04:56:29 pm by PDX_Rover »
Tom Bradshaw the difference.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 12, 2015, 05:01:12 pm by normal rules »
Rovers inability to put the ball in the net is the difference.

And I can't see it changing without us getting real quality.

We've been here before of course. I'll take fifth bottom now if offered.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 12, 2015, 05:05:56 pm by esdailles left foot »
5th bottom wow your dreams and inspirations are immeasurable! we need a new management asap and wholesale changes get your brass out km2

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 12, 2015, 05:06:55 pm by Yorkiered »
We have scored 3 goals in 7 games and one of those was the goal against Bury that shouldn't really have counted.

Says it all really doesn't it  :facepalm:

murham

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 12, 2015, 05:07:15 pm by murham »
Yes it's early days
But a relegation battle looms
It's back to the old days division 4 then up then down
Total mediocrity
Oh well
Up the Rovers

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 12, 2015, 05:11:13 pm by newyankee »
Main has to go on loan or go altogether. Hardly mentioned in the 90 minutes. We need someone who can put the ball in the net. Things need to change and change quickly.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 12, 2015, 05:11:37 pm by normal rules »
We will still support them of course, after all there is no other option.

Just very very frustrating. Some believe the quality is there, but where?

I wouldn't mind if they got beat 3-2.
The sheer lack of anything up front is the biggest concern.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 12, 2015, 05:12:58 pm by Dare to dream! »
They're keeper got MOM says a lot really.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 12, 2015, 05:14:00 pm by Yorkiered »
Unless he got a knock I can't believe Williams was substituted leaving Curtis Main on.

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 12, 2015, 05:19:14 pm by Askern_reds »
didn't I say same result as last year just like pv result ,yesterday? I also said I'd like to see the coments on here tonight after defeat. now to all of you who were expecting the big turn around and was backing Jones to do it, wakey wakey he's not good enough, see your thoughts after sheffield u game, the relagation battle begins and one weel lose

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 12, 2015, 05:24:04 pm by The Red Baron »
Strikes me as harsh to judge Jones on one game. It may be that Alex Ferguson couldn't get much out of this lot.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 12, 2015, 05:24:42 pm by i_ateallthepies »
So, we're in the game for 85 mins then two individual errors cost us the game and you claim that as evidence Jones isn't good enough and that you predicted it yesterday???   Jones isn't responsible for the individual mistakes.  He's at the mercy of the players he's inherited.  All you have to do is write bloody english and you can't even manage that.

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 12, 2015, 05:25:52 pm by Askern_reds »
Strikes me as harsh to judge Jones on one game. It may be that Alex Ferguson couldn't get much out of this lot.
doesn't strike ME as harsh he shouldn't av got a playing contract never mind temp managers job

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 12, 2015, 05:28:09 pm by Copps is Magic »
Fully fit, he's our best defender.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 12, 2015, 05:29:17 pm by rover-n-out »
"Strikes me as harsh to judge Jones on one game. It may be that Alex Ferguson couldn't get much out of this lot."

Alex Ferguson couldn't get much out of the Man. U lot when he arrived at Old Trafford either !!   Patience is a virtue, or so they say!!

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 12, 2015, 05:32:14 pm by Al4475 »
Not a fan then Askern?  :lol:
Where's that fence gone to sit on bud?  :P

Have to say I agree on him as a player. Inspirational, motivator, leader yes - never been a great footballer but he has had a good playing career by playing to his strengths and knowing his limitations.

I hope he makes it as a manager but it's early for him yet imo!

BUT - agree with what's also been said on this thread - he hasn't had long enough to work with/look at his players particularly this week - let's give him a week and see what transpires v Oldham!

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 12, 2015, 05:33:45 pm by Askern_reds »
So, we're in the game for 85 mins then two individual errors cost us the game and you claim that as evidence Jones isn't good enough and that you predicted it yesterday???   Jones isn't responsible for the individual mistakes.  He's at the mercy of the players he's inherited.  All you have to do is write bloody english and you can't even manage that.
av a go at me all you like wont change a thing, let's see after is 5 games, then av a another go, because it will be the same excuses, bottom 4 untill we get a quality man in

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 12, 2015, 05:39:25 pm by Move DRFC »

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 12, 2015, 05:42:45 pm by Al4475 »
He's the player who has the highest 'up and at em' and 'die for your team defensive' capabalities - and while these are obviously important attributes it doesn't make him our best defender IMO!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 12, 2015, 05:45:18 pm by Copps is Magic »
Whose our best defender then Al?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 12, 2015, 05:46:08 pm by bobjimwilly »
I'd like to hear a report from someone at the game...

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 12, 2015, 05:53:23 pm by IDM »
 :that:

How many posters on  here are reacting to the result and the match stats, without having witnessed the game?

Maybe we played our best of the season? why did their gk get motm?

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 12, 2015, 05:55:30 pm by les@donr »
I did say a week or so back, if things continue as they are we will get relegated. I got shot down for saying such. Reality is now hitting. We should not blame Jones, its not his team nor signings, PD has to be blamed even though he has gone.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 12, 2015, 05:56:40 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
I'd like to hear a report from someone at the game...

there's definitely a lot of porky pies about

according to the BBC "Tom Bradshaw's stunning brace helped Walsall claim a late victory over managerless Doncaster."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34160438

in my world anyone can lob a goalkeeper on a breakaway when the other team is chasing the game

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 12, 2015, 05:58:06 pm by Yorkiered »
Not a fan then Askern?  :lol:
Where's that fence gone to sit on bud?  :P

Have to say I agree on him as a player. Inspirational, motivator, leader yes - never been a great footballer but he has had a good playing career by playing to his strengths and knowing his limitations.

I hope he makes it as a manager but it's early for him yet imo!

BUT - agree with what's also been said on this thread - he hasn't had long enough to work with/look at his players particularly this week - let's give him a week and see what transpires v Oldham!

Come on you can't use the excuse he hasn't had chance to look at the players. He bloody sees them every day in training doesn't he?

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on September 12, 2015, 06:17:07 pm by Al4475 »
Copps.

Honestly? I don't think we have one per se. We have defenders who all have very different strengths and weaknesses and for me it's always been about how the sum of the defensive parts work together.

I think the one who has the most 'rounded and whole' defensive game is probably marginally Butler from McCullogh but Jones is better than both at big-hearted destruction. Neither Butler nor Jones are able to play the ball from the back and pick out a quality pass on the floor in the same way that McCullogh can he however doesn't have the experience of Jones or Butler. Butler just seems to have the more rounded game of the three at this moment in time!

We've not had great balance in defence for a fair few years now - as that needs full backs that are natural and know their jobs themselves and as part of the bigger unit not to mention a keeper worth his salt too!

I guess if I had to choose a defensive unit - I'd put Jones in the middle of a back three with McCullogh to his right and Butler to his left! That way i'd hope that the three of them would compliment each other well!

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 12, 2015, 06:19:14 pm by Move DRFC »
Copps.

Honestly? I don't think we have one per se. We have defenders who all have very different strengths and weaknesses and for me it's always been about how the sum of the defensive parts work together.

I think the one who has the most 'rounded and whole' defensive game is probably marginally Butler from McCullogh but Jones is better than both at big-hearted destruction. Neither Butler nor Jones are able to play the ball from the back and pick out a quality pass on the floor in the same way that McCullogh can he however doesn't have the experience of Jones or Butler. Butler just seems to have the more rounded game of the three at this moment in time!

We've not had great balance in defence for a fair few years now - as that needs full backs that are natural and know their jobs themselves and as part of the bigger unit not to mention a keeper worth his salt too!

I guess if I had to choose a defensive unit - I'd put Jones in the middle of a back three with McCullogh to his right and Butler to his left! That way i'd hope that the three of them would compliment each other well!

Not a fan of MacKenzie then.

Robert Jones red and white army

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on September 12, 2015, 06:25:33 pm by DRFCSouth »
Best defender? Really? If he is we are struggling. That's only the playing side. His determination, leadership and courage can't be questioned.

In terms of managing he deserves the time between now and the shortlist/interviewing stage. For 85 mins today we were level, I would have took a draw. I don't necessarily feel he's right but he deserves a shot for the time being, if that's what he wants.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012