Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 08:45:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Blades away  (Read 13784 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Blades away
« Reply #30 on September 23, 2015, 09:18:01 pm by drfchound »
Well - you cant really follow that, so its goodnight from me.............................

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on September 24, 2015, 01:20:27 am by Sammy Chung was King »
''And goodnight from him''!.

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on September 24, 2015, 12:18:26 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
Couldn't really be arsed whether he celebrates or not.

Thing is, if people moan about our prices for tickets, they won't pay the £25 at Sheff Utd will they? We've sold out in the past and we don't portray ourselves to be a massive club, unlike them (maybe its just a Sheffield thing).

What I will bring up though, remember when we played Blades on TV and they brought 750 to the KMS? Hardly massive that, considering it's down the road and there seems to be a stronghold of 'Donny Blades'.

I'm looking forward to it though anyway, love a local derby. They've not been on form recently and personally it's a decent time from our perspective to play them, got a feeling BS will score against us in some form although I think he's probably only capable of taking a penalty.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on September 24, 2015, 10:28:55 pm by drfchound »
Not sure he will be on penalties after missing two the other night.
I always thought he was a poor pen taker.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 25, 2015, 09:28:42 am by Copps is Magic »
Got me tickets today. Never been to Bramall Lane before - any atmosphere in the place? Got to admit I did like Hillsborough when I visited that will take some beating.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on September 25, 2015, 09:32:24 am by IDM »
I went a few seasons ago CiM when we drew 1-1 and Hayter scored.  I found the big video screen in the corner of the away end quite distracting.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on September 25, 2015, 10:19:08 am by bobjimwilly »

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on September 25, 2015, 11:23:48 am by DaveDRFC »
The main downside to Bramall Lane is it is not really built for people who have legs...the tightest, most uncomfortable away end I have ever been in. No doubt people will just say I should just stand up but that's a whole other debate!

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on September 25, 2015, 12:03:31 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Just phoned ticket office at Bramall Lane and there's no pay on the gate for away fans tomorrow.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on September 25, 2015, 12:18:02 pm by The Red Baron »
The main downside to Bramall Lane is it is not really built for people who have legs...the tightest, most uncomfortable away end I have ever been in. No doubt people will just say I should just stand up but that's a whole other debate!

Agree with that. I won't be going again in a hurry.

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on September 25, 2015, 12:21:56 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »

QPR top tier for me, couldn't even sit down other season. Couldn't stand and couldn't put my feet over the row in front. I'll not explain the rest, it involved aggression, shouting and swearing.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on September 25, 2015, 12:27:13 pm by NickDRFC »
You should have gone in one of the boxes. Loads of leg room and before you could even put your empty Peroni down it was replaced with a full one by one of Briatore's hand picked supermodels. Mind you, Steve Cotterill was in there at the same time, so on reflection I'd probably rather have been in the away end with someone hacking away at my legs with a rusty hacksaw.

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on September 25, 2015, 12:28:42 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
300 left according to the twitter feed 3 hours ago, it's a bit dogger they're not selling them on the gate, not like we're bringing hoards of fans.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on September 25, 2015, 01:52:25 pm by IDM »

You haven't tried to sit in the away end at Kenilworth Road then?

That's the worst I have seen.  Mind you, the old seats in the side stands at the old Wembley stadium were pretty tight too..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on September 25, 2015, 01:53:10 pm by IDM »
Just phoned ticket office at Bramall Lane and there's no pay on the gate for away fans tomorrow.

That's been on DROS a day or two as well.

If you are quick, you can call our TO before they go off sale, to collect at the Lane tomorrow.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on September 25, 2015, 02:06:17 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »

If you are quick, you can call our TO before they go off sale, to collect at the Lane tomorrow.

Cheers mate. I've done just that.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on September 25, 2015, 02:07:41 pm by Dare to dream! »
Got mine. Looking forward to the game. Come on Rovers!

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on September 25, 2015, 04:15:17 pm by DaveDRFC »
I was in the ticket office at around 3:30 signing up for Rovers Alliance and tickets had gone off sale then.

I'm sure if anyone is that bothered about going it will be easy enough to get in the home end...

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on September 25, 2015, 04:37:50 pm by IDM »

Cheers mate. I've done just that.

No problem.  I don't live in Doncaster and I have used this option for away tickets many times. 

Including tomorrow :)

Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on September 25, 2015, 04:54:29 pm by Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover »
Sounds like we will be taking round 1200 then, hope everyone has got their singing voices ready.

Andy Samuel

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on September 25, 2015, 05:11:27 pm by Andy Samuel »

QPR top tier for me, couldn't even sit down other season. Couldn't stand and couldn't put my feet over the row in front. I'll not explain the rest, it involved aggression, shouting and swearing.
it won't help with you bieng 6ft 5in, you gret lump

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on September 25, 2015, 05:34:21 pm by godlike1 »

Black bank on tour anyone;-)
Sounds like we will be taking round 1200 then, hope everyone has got their singing voices ready.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on September 25, 2015, 07:08:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Cheers mate. I designed that seating layout.

The brief was to cram in as many people as the Green Guide would allow in the space available. Looks like I did a professional job...

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on September 25, 2015, 07:13:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Got me tickets today. Never been to Bramall Lane before - any atmosphere in the place? Got to admit I did like Hillsborough when I visited that will take some beating.

Local rivalry aside, Bramall Lane is my favourite ground in the country.

It has that essential quality of being within farting distance of the city centre. And on night matches, there is a brooding malevolence about the atmosphere there.

It always feels as though we are walking into a proper siege when we play there. And generally, our team steps up to the plate. The performance in 2012/13, when we were bombarded for 90 minutes and repulsed every attack was the stuff that showed we had got a team of mesters back. Jones and Brown in particular were immense. I think we had 1 shot in the game but it was a privilege to watch. I came out emotionally drained, a certain that we were going to be promotion candidates.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on September 25, 2015, 08:31:38 pm by Filo »

Wolves seats were designed for people that have no legs or torso, Bramall Lane is luxury in comparison

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on September 26, 2015, 11:14:02 am by RedJ »
And then you've got Glanford Park where they've quite blatantly just bolted as many seats onto the old terrace as possible.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on September 26, 2015, 11:16:52 am by drfchound »
And then you've got Glanford Park where they've quite blatantly just bolted as many seats onto the old terrace as possible.

.......................and you might be really unlucky and end up right behind one of those blasted steel support pillars like i did a couple of years ago.
I ended up having to squash onto a seat next to me with someone else so i could see the game.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on September 26, 2015, 11:24:33 am by Donnywolf »

Agree with that. I won't be going again in a hurry.

Again I agree with the Seat "thing" and I vowed I would never reward them with a penny more when the blood to my legs (rather more left than right) was cut off totally during a night match a few Seasons back. I ended up a Half time trying to restore circulation while people looked at me "gobsmacked"

It would test my resolve if ever we needed a Point to go up or avoid going down or could make it to Wembley via the Semi Finals of the FA Cup BUT till that day I will "pass" and like today will find summat else to do. Rotherham Titans v those Trust (not rusty) Knights of Doncaster

True my own Seat at KMS is on the very back row of West Stand and itself is a challenge sometimes but at least I can (for various reasons) sometimes sit sideways either way or have a brief stand up and so it is less of a bind !

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on September 26, 2015, 12:21:13 pm by wilts rover »

Wasn't the away end at Glanford Park built seated?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on September 26, 2015, 12:53:14 pm by silent majority »

Wasn't the away end at Glanford Park built seated?

No. They actually bought second hand seats as well if memory serves me right.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012