Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 04:17:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rob Jones tonight  (Read 11316 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Rob Jones tonight
« on September 24, 2015, 10:22:46 pm by the vicar »
He wants his team to play fast flowing football, and wants his midfield to get in and support the front men top the hilt, he is happy with the squad at the moment and trusts them to do has he tells them to.  Williams has no breaks at all just nasty bruising  and he knocked on RJs door and told him he wants to play at the weekend.  And RJ said Forrester trained today

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Re: Rob Jones tonight
« Reply #1 on September 24, 2015, 10:26:14 pm by Copps is Magic »
I thought this was going to be about what Rob Jones is doing tonight and surely the answer is sat in front of a log fire eating a steak.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 24, 2015, 10:35:24 pm by Mike_F »
Sat in front of a steak fire eating a log, our Rob.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 24, 2015, 10:46:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
A steak? How metrosexual. More like a raw buffalo leg.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 24, 2015, 10:52:04 pm by Al4475 »
I reckon it's all one big act - he's sat at home in his lavender scented dressing gown, sipping mint green tea and eating a quorn based lasagne with kumquat slices and clotted cream for dessert!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 24, 2015, 10:59:24 pm by Copps is Magic »
Kumquat! The only fruit Jones eats is 6 grapefruits a day. 2 after every meal. With a knife.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 25, 2015, 02:36:10 am by PDX_Rover »
Half a ton of Brazil nuts with the shells on. Washed down with motor oil and a growler of old peculiar.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 25, 2015, 09:10:31 am by idler »
I reckon it's all one big act - he's sat at home in his lavender scented dressing gown, sipping mint green tea and eating a quorn based lasagne with kumquat slices and clotted cream for dessert!
I think that this is one of your thespian fantasies. Sounds a bit like Oscar Wilde to me. 😜

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 25, 2015, 12:32:05 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Was anything else said?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 25, 2015, 01:00:33 pm by RedJ »
I hope he's better than Football League Tonight

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 25, 2015, 01:39:45 pm by The Red Baron »
Did anyone ask him about bringing one or more defenders in?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 25, 2015, 04:36:59 pm by the vicar »
yes but he did not see the point just yet as giving goals away was not our weak point and he sait it would have to be the right  player to fit in

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 26, 2015, 05:08:24 pm by Askern_reds »
yes but he did not see the point just yet as giving goals away was not our weak point and he sait it would have to be the right  player to fit in
well sory to say we need a few players in because 1pt out of a poss9 is relegation choose what anyone says, get rid of this idiot now before the damage can't be reversed, wonder how many av jumped of the rover coaster.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 26, 2015, 05:13:01 pm by les@donr »
well sory to say we need a few players in because 1pt out of a poss9 is relegation choose what anyone says, get rid of this idiot now before the damage can't be reversed, wonder how many av jumped of the rover coaster.

I think you are being a bit harsh on Jones. I agree he is not the man for the manager's position. However, he inherited PD's squad with all the problems it came with it. It would challenged an experienced manager to turn things around at Rovers, let alone a novice like Jones. He is showing the Board that he is not ready to be the 1st Team manager. I think an appointment needs to be made asap, perhaps even early as Monday.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 26, 2015, 05:13:38 pm by The Red Baron »
I don't think he's an idiot at all. I think the situation he has taken over is far worse than we thought it was. It will take more than a change of manager to put it right.

I do think the situation points towards hiring an experienced man rather than appointing Jones. Face it, we're in a relegation battle. Preferably we want someone who has turned around a struggling side before.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 26, 2015, 05:17:15 pm by les@donr »
Might be a stupid suggestion. I would hire someone like Terry Venables who is an old head, and could see where the problems are, and not panic and turn things around.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 26, 2015, 05:21:02 pm by Filo »
I hope any potential new manager was in the crowd today to assess where we are going wrong

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 26, 2015, 05:21:32 pm by Askern_reds »
I don't think he's an idiot at all. I think the situation he has taken over is far worse than we thought it was. It will take more than a change of manager to put it right.

I do think the situation points towards hiring an experienced man rather than appointing Jones. Face it, we're in a relegation battle. Preferably we want someone who has turned around a struggling side before.
if it was PD you'd be calling him, what's the difference? we're in trouble we need a new man to come in and say you you and you your out, I'm bringing some ofmy players in dont no if a new manager would be allowed to do this? but it's Whats needed and I don't think I'm been harsh he's not good enough

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 26, 2015, 05:25:12 pm by bobbymax »
I'd like you to stop hiding behind your keyboard and call Rob Jones an idiot to his face!
If you can't contribute anything but insults, why bother?

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 26, 2015, 05:28:30 pm by Askern_reds »
I'd like you to stop hiding behind your keyboard and call Rob Jones an idiot to his face!
if I ever meet him I will, were 2pts above bottom placed blackpool so I will trade insults,

jmt

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 26, 2015, 05:30:54 pm by jmt »
The problem is we are reliant on poor & old players, wellens  might get in other L1 teams, copps again might, keagan is at the very best L2 chap low looks to be poor. We've got three good L1 players in stuckman,Williams and forester, the rest are just not good enough or too old

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on September 26, 2015, 05:32:16 pm by Askern_reds »
The problem is we are reliant on poor & old players, wellens  might get in other L1 teams, copps again might, keagan is at the very best L2 chap low looks to be poor. We've got three good L1 players in stuckman,Williams and forester, the rest are just not good enough or too old
bang on the button

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 26, 2015, 05:43:22 pm by bobbymax »
if I ever meet him I will, were 2pts above bottom placed blackpool so I will trade insults,
You're not 'trading' anything! You're cowering behind anonymity

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 26, 2015, 05:44:04 pm by Filo »
@drfc_official: RJ: I don't expect a response, I demand it #DRFC

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 26, 2015, 05:52:11 pm by The Red Baron »

if it was PD you'd be calling him, what's the difference? we're in trouble we need a new man to come in and say you you and you your out, I'm bringing some ofmy players in dont no if a new manager would be allowed to do this? but it's Whats needed and I don't think I'm been harsh he's not good enough

I wasn't "calling" Dickov after three games. Over two years is a different matter. I do think now we need a different pair of eyes.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 26, 2015, 06:02:23 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
....Face it, we're in a relegation battle....

I thought better of you TRB! ;) If in the same sitiuation in 10 games time, you may begin to have a point. Right now we're in a battle with ourselves to get going. I agree that this is where a manager coming in needs to have great skill. I can't judge RJ at this stage, just that I'm unconvinced he has the ability.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on September 26, 2015, 06:10:01 pm by The Red Baron »
BRR. We are in a relegation battle because we are in the bottom four after 9 games. Being there after 5 games can probably be brushed off as a poor start. We're now a fifth of the way into the season.

There's a bit of "too-good-to-go-down-itis" in some quarters at the moment.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 26, 2015, 06:14:41 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
BRR. We are in a relegation battle because we are in the bottom four after 9 games. Being there after 5 games can probably be brushed off as a poor start. We're now a fifth of the way into the season.

There's a bit of "too-good-to-go-down-itis" in some quarters at the moment.

OKay, maybe more of a relegation "jostle" ;)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 27, 2015, 12:42:29 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The detritus Rob has to clean up, is far far worse than i think any of us realised, the new manager, whoever he might be, needs to not just change a few team members, he has to change the whole club's way of looking at things.
If we don't get that sort of person as manager, things will not change, and get worse.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 27, 2015, 03:37:45 am by les@donr »
If our current form isn't radically changed we are hurtling towards L2.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012