Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 03:52:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: the football league show  (Read 7029 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
the football league show
« on September 27, 2015, 12:06:06 am by the vicar »
say we are looking at Shaun Derry  i hope not was with nots county and took them down

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Re: the football league show
« Reply #1 on September 27, 2015, 12:25:00 am by Sammy Chung was King »
If the board recruit him, that will confirm they don't have a clue!.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 27, 2015, 12:38:52 am by the vicar »
i totally agree

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 27, 2015, 04:48:24 am by roversdude »
The most negative time wasting team I have ever seen

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 27, 2015, 09:19:44 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
He had a tough job at notts. Always thought he would be a good manager, but it's very much a repeat of Dickov isn't it?

It's a gamble as to whether he's learnt though.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 27, 2015, 09:25:46 am by DonnyOsmond »
This is what I'm worried about. We have this nice job criteria to use young players, be involved in the community, etc but nowhere does it say about style of football or ability to get results. We're going to end up with someone shite. Here we come League Two.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 27, 2015, 09:37:19 am by River Don »
I'd agree with that DonnyO,

The success at Swansea has been built on a platform of stability.they have managed to create that stability by having an unshakeable commitment to a certain method and style of play.

They are lucky in that the owner has a vision of how the game ought to be played and they just go and find a bloke who can fit in and believes in what they do.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 27, 2015, 09:47:08 am by wilts rover »
You mean like Michael Laudrup? Or are you going to ignore their bad appointments RD?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 27, 2015, 09:48:08 am by DonnyOsmond »
When we hired Penney, SOD and Saunders we didn't seem to have the criteria then we had it when we hired Dickov and the other option was Appleton, both matched the criteria but we're both depressing on the field options. Now we've got the same criteria and the names mentioned are Derry and Laws. I'm not against the criteria but it overlooks the main points of football which will look us to getting someone shite as manager.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 27, 2015, 09:48:45 am by DonnyOsmond »
You mean like Michael Laudrup? Or are you going to ignore their bad appointments RD?

That Carling Cup win wasn't too bad.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 27, 2015, 09:50:32 am by River Don »
Laudrup did fine for a while but I wouldn't say everything Swansea do is perfect.

I do think they seem to get things more right than wrong though.

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 27, 2015, 09:52:04 am by MrWoodySir »
Laudrup the cup winner you mean?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 27, 2015, 10:26:33 am by NickDRFC »

If you're going to pick a bad appointment you should probably go with Paolo Sousa. Laudrup did a decent job.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 27, 2015, 10:57:52 am by RedJ »

If you're going to pick a bad appointment you should probably go with Paolo Sousa. Laudrup did a decent job.

He did, but it was utter chaos behind the scenes during his reign apparently.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 27, 2015, 12:25:04 pm by silent majority »

Why would they recruit him? He doesn't fit any of the stated criteria, nor does he fit with the future direction of this club.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 27, 2015, 12:25:52 pm by silent majority »
say we are looking at Shaun Derry  i hope not was with nots county and took them down

Why would the FL show get to know who we're talking to?

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 27, 2015, 12:40:20 pm by firestarter »
Am sure a lots of the names banded about are put out by bookies just to get folk to part with their money... The more names get mentioned the more people will have a wager.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 27, 2015, 12:41:45 pm by The Red Baron »

Why would the FL show get to know who we're talking to?

I guess because Derry has applied for the job then tipped off a friendly journo "off the record." Nothing like trying to create a bandwagon effect for yourself.

Judging by what has been said on here the bandwagon will struggle to roll!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 27, 2015, 12:43:44 pm by silent majority »
The club have had in excess of 150 applicants, so one applicant (if he is that is) tips off a journo and the FL run with it. Crikey, they must be desperate for any news.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 27, 2015, 12:51:31 pm by The Red Baron »
The club have had in excess of 150 applicants, so one applicant (if he is that is) tips off a journo and the FL run with it. Crikey, they must be desperate for any news.

It's in the Daily Fail, so I suspect the FL show got it from there.

Good news about the 150 applicants. A fair lot will be timewasters, of course, but I hope there will be a few good candidates in there.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 27, 2015, 06:49:18 pm by DRNaith »

It's in the Daily Fail, so I suspect the FL show got it from there.

Good news about the 150 applicants. A fair lot will be timewasters, of course, but I hope there will be a few good candidates in there.

OY! Who are you calling a timewaster?!  :whistle:

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 27, 2015, 06:57:47 pm by GazLaz »

I'd guess about 15 of them would be what you'd class as half credible and 5 standouts would be easily chosen. There are a lot of out of work managers/ex players/reserve team and youth coaches out there desperate for one of the 92 "big" jobs.

jmt

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 27, 2015, 07:36:02 pm by jmt »
I hope it will be the return of SOD, he is the only guy I really believe can fit the job criteria and build a club in the manner the directors want. My knowledge of managers is not the best, but who else has that?
The way they want the club to be run ties very closely to how Sean was wanting the club to be run. Come on Mr Rodgers , let him come back and sort this mess out!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 27, 2015, 07:50:08 pm by drfchound »
Dickov out, lets get a new manager.
Be careful what you wish for ...................

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 27, 2015, 07:52:26 pm by RedJ »
I hope it will be the return of SOD, he is the only guy I really believe can fit the job criteria and build a club in the manner the directors want. My knowledge of managers is not the best, but who else has that?
The way they want the club to be run ties very closely to how Sean was wanting the club to be run. Come on Mr Rodgers , let him come back and sort this mess out!

Please for f**k sake say that's not a serious post. Get real. He's never coming back.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 27, 2015, 08:11:06 pm by German Rover »
They want youth players coming through. Can anyone name a single youth team player who kicked on under SOD? I can't think of anyone

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 28, 2015, 01:22:04 am by Sammy Chung was King »

Why would they recruit him? He doesn't fit any of the stated criteria, nor does he fit with the future direction of this club.

I am answering the post put on silent, i will support whoever gets it but would be disappointed with Derry.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on September 28, 2015, 09:17:33 am by silent majority »

I am answering the post put on silent, i will support whoever gets it but would be disappointed with Derry.

Yes I know, but my point still stands, Derry doesn't fit any of the criteria so why would the FL think he's in the frame? Of course we would support whoever the club picks but we need to put some faith in the selection process.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 28, 2015, 09:30:18 am by NickDRFC »
The problem with the "criteria" is that the board are making a rod for their own back. I would be astonished if we got someone in who fits all, even most, of the criteria, and there are a large number of fans who will use it as a stick to eat the board with.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on September 28, 2015, 10:08:26 am by The Red Baron »
To an extent I agree, Nick. When I worked in recruitment we reckoned it was worth putting forward a candidate who matched 70% of a job spec. Maybe slightly less if they were the sort who could sell themselves on paper and at interview (we' have loved PD as a candidate!)

I'm sure the chosen one will probably come up short in one or two key areas, but will have other attributes that outweigh any shortfalls.

On the other hand, the club is trying to be as transparent as possible, and so I'm reluctant to criticise what they have done.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012