Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 06:20:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Black bank  (Read 12601 times)

PopStander

• Forum Member
Re: Black bank
« Reply #30 on September 30, 2015, 10:52:15 am by PopStander »
People are fantastic at picking negatives, but what about the positives?

There are more positives with The Black Bank and the atmosphere, than negatives!
We all know there are idiots and there are always going to be idiots!
If people put their effort in joining The Black Bank and making it better, rather than slagging it off, it would be easier to drown out the idiots or lead them onto behaving/singing positive songs!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on September 30, 2015, 11:44:56 am by drfchound »
I'm going to stick up for the Black Bank here.  Its a fantastic fan-led initiative, but it isnt without its issues.  The black Bank is for EVERYONE, not a handful of idiots who think they can do what they like, and the singing of RTID after a few sang what they sang sounds like the perfect response (I wasnt there due to family reasons last night).

If you sit in the South Stand, be part of the Black Bank.  Claim it as yours.  Don't let a handful of tits ruin it for you or anyone else.

IT WAS NOTHING OF THE SORT.
I sit central just in front of the core black bank people and it was the MAJORITY of them who were singing "we are shyte", even the drummer was banging the drum to it.
The RTID song was started by people away from the core black bank and was cheered by others.
There was also a chorus of "Fook the VSC" as well.
I also thought that the black bank lads would make a difference this season and was looking forward to a better atmosphere in the ground.
MOST OF THE TIME it is as i wanted it to be but of late they have booed Wellens and sang the anti Wellens songs and then last night done the "we are shyte" song and to be honest, it is poor to hear and embarrasing to think what other fans think of our support.
I actually saw two lads leave their seat and move away to another part of the stand so as to disassociate themselves from the black bank.
I am more than happy to join in with the songs but most people dont want to hear the rubbish that has been coming from there recently.
t

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on September 30, 2015, 12:31:28 pm by RobTheRover »
I wasnt there last night, hound, so cant comment on specifics, but my post is about supporting the initiative and not letting it be hijacked.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on September 30, 2015, 01:49:24 pm by IDM »
I haven't made many home games this season due to work. But when reading about home games I often read what a positive influence/idea the black bank has been.
Well, if the best you have to offer is to sing something along the lines of 'we are f***ing shite' (unless I'm mistaken) then I'd really rather you didn't bother. If you were involved in singing such filth then you really are thick f***ing w**kers!!
We all moan about our team. But this is the place to do it or in the pub with your mates. Not shouting out brainless garbage at the top of your voices on the terrace. Unbelievable!
not haveing a go, but if you'd managed to get to these games and away games like a lot of these lads you might realise why, we are shite they pay there money they got a right to air there disgust

During the game - support the team.

After the game - moan if necessary.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 30, 2015, 02:35:11 pm by TheFunk »
Form the west stand near the halfway line I could barely hear any noise at all from the Black Bank until we scored.

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on September 30, 2015, 10:38:55 pm by Askern_reds »
Form the west stand near the halfway line I could barely hear any noise at all from the Black Bank until we scored.
just some like to moan about the youngens, pathetic

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on September 30, 2015, 10:40:56 pm by Cramby10 »
You really are thick!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on September 30, 2015, 10:54:13 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Disenchanted youth will eventually mature. Not condoning but, as I said earlier, when there's something to get behind it's much more positive.

When crowds are lower then these voices are heard.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on September 30, 2015, 11:35:00 pm by IDM »

Where in that quote is The funk moaning about the youngens?

Please show me, because whilst I have been able to read for over 40 years, I can't see it?

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on September 30, 2015, 11:48:21 pm by Askern_reds »

Please show me, because whilst I have been able to read for over 40 years, I can't see it?
he wasn't? I'm onabout if he didn't hear it to me it wasn't loud enough to upset so many others

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on October 01, 2015, 07:51:24 am by Metalmicky »
Everyone hates bankers anyway don't they....

The Black Bank.......................... bankrupt already....?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on October 01, 2015, 08:06:27 am by IDM »

he wasn't? I'm onabout if he didn't hear it to me it wasn't loud enough to upset so many others

You quoted his post therefore by "forum logic" you were refering to him?  That's what it looked like to me anyway.

And no, I don't think people are looking to have a go at young fans generally, they are having a go about inappropriate chanting. 

I stand by what I say.  Support the team during the game, and save the negative stuff for the final whistle.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on October 01, 2015, 08:19:07 am by Yorkiered »
The fans doing the chanting/singing in the main are youngsters. Give them a break, weren't we all young once and probably sang rubbish at football matches?
Maybe if the football we produced on the pitch was a bit better they would have something positive to sing about. I am sure they are bored. I certainly was during the first half on Tuesday.
I am not saying it is right but remember they are just young kids.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on October 01, 2015, 08:38:31 am by Padge_DRFC »
Numbers in the black bank have slowly dwindled since the leeds and Bury game. I find if you come in any later than 2.45 you can't stand up as people are taking positions in the middle 5 rows from the bank and sitting down. Knowing full well people will stand there.

Until we scored Tuesday the atmosphere was shocking and i was in the south stand, however i have just come back from a weekend in Germany and went to watch Cologne who don't shut up for 90 minutes.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on October 01, 2015, 09:54:19 am by TheFunk »

Hey. Read what I wrote not what you think I wrote. I was more hinting at the fact I heard no negative chanting because I didn't hear any at all until we scored. Is that plain enough for you to read, understand and digest.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on October 01, 2015, 10:42:45 am by wing commander »
The fans doing the chanting/singing in the main are youngsters. Give them a break, weren't we all young once and probably sang rubbish at football matches?
Maybe if the football we produced on the pitch was a bit better they would have something positive to sing about. I am sure they are bored. I certainly was during the first half on Tuesday.

Sorry mate I cant accept that point at all...In my youth I spent years and years singing on the pop side at Belle Vue with my mates ,and for most of them watching a team far far worse than this one..I cant remember anytime that we felt the need to sing how rubbish we were...But then again been the centre of attention wasn't the whole point back then

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on October 01, 2015, 11:43:36 am by bobjimwilly »
But then again been the centre of attention wasn't the whole point back then

:that:

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on October 01, 2015, 11:46:25 am by Yorkiered »

Sorry mate I cant accept that point at all...In my youth I spent years and years singing on the pop side at Belle Vue with my mates ,and for most of them watching a team far far worse than this one..I cant remember anytime that we felt the need to sing how rubbish we were...But then again been the centre of attention wasn't the whole point back then

I think its fair to say that the youth of today are very different to those of yours/my days of being a kid at Belle Vue.
For start we were rubbish most of the time in those days ;-) None of us had ever experienced some of the dizzy heights we have had in the last 10 years. We also didn't live in a me me me culture.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on October 01, 2015, 01:30:24 pm by drfchound »

Yorkiered, you are trying to find reasons to excuse the black bank core people.
I looked over my shoulder when that we are shyte song went up and in no way at all were the majority of the singers, kids.
Plenty of adults were joining in and as i said before, the drummer was doing his bit as well.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on October 01, 2015, 02:08:01 pm by Yorkiered »
How old is the drummer?

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on October 01, 2015, 02:37:49 pm by swintonrover »
Everybody inside the Keepmoat will have complained that we were playing shit at some point. The Black Bank are merely singing it instead of saying it.
Not being funny, but if I was a player and heard the fans singing about me being shit, I'd put in the extra effort as a "f**k You" to them.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on October 01, 2015, 02:43:52 pm by Yorkiered »
Everybody inside the Keepmoat will have complained that we were playing shit at some point. The Black Bank are merely singing it instead of saying it.
Not being funny, but if I was a player and heard the fans singing about me being shit, I'd put in the extra effort as a "f*** You" to them.

If only  :chair:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on October 01, 2015, 02:53:52 pm by RedJ »
How old is the drummer?

Looks about 16/17, around that age group.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on October 01, 2015, 03:19:56 pm by bpoolrover »
Quite agree swinton,lots of people keep saying we should be top6 well for 2 years now half of the squad have under perfomed and for the most been shit, they should listen to the fans and get there act together rather than being good on paper

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on October 01, 2015, 03:28:17 pm by Copps is Magic »
Songs like 'We're shite and we know we are' and 'we're winning at home/away how sh...' have been sung for a long time before, perhaps decades. The chant is really just an adapted version of that.

It's self-deprecating humour. Not for everyone admittedly but you can't really have double standards calling us all names under the sun on forums then not commenting at all in 'real life'.

PopStander

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on October 01, 2015, 03:30:41 pm by PopStander »
The 'We're f*****g s**t' chant started last season, before The Black Bank was created and it was also taken from another club who sang it. What is the difference between that and singing 'Dickov out' for example, its getting your point across that you're not happy with paying lots of money to watch something that isn't very good. (Not that I always agree with it, I can understand it)

BUT ANYWAY if The Black Bank walked around handing out £5 notes people would moan it wasn't a £10 note, some people love and live to moan!

As long as the club and players keep publicly appreciating The Black Bank that is all I will take on board!

Also the 'youngsters' or 'youth' are the future, we need to help guide them not moan at them, they will only do it more if not helped!

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on October 01, 2015, 05:06:40 pm by Yorkiered »
I dare say that after reading this thread I know what one of the chants on Saturday will be.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on October 01, 2015, 05:20:06 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Numbers in the black bank have slowly dwindled since the leeds and Bury game. I find if you come in any later than 2.45 you can't stand up as people are taking positions in the middle 5 rows from the bank and sitting down. Knowing full well people will stand there.

Until we scored Tuesday the atmosphere was shocking and i was in the south stand, however i have just come back from a weekend in Germany and went to watch Cologne who don't shut up for 90 minutes.

Padge  no offence but you can't say that the people sitting in those seats know that people are going to be standing, the chances are its for the view and just maybe being an all seater stadium they expect people to be sat down no matter where, not everybody reads forums does twitter facebook etc and realises the transformation thats happened this season in the South

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on October 01, 2015, 06:51:39 pm by drfchound »
Songs like 'We're shite and we know we are' and 'we're winning at home/away how sh...' have been sung for a long time before, perhaps decades. The chant is really just an adapted version of that.

It's self-deprecating humour. Not for everyone admittedly but you can't really have double standards calling us all names under the sun on forums then not commenting at all in 'real life'.

Copps. i commented "in real life" at both matches and just got "the glare".
It wasn't just me who objected either, also when leaving the ground lots of people were commenting on how crap that type of singing is.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on October 01, 2015, 07:00:43 pm by Copps is Magic »
I was talking about the team. People call the team rubbish all the time on here - they're just doing the same on matchday. If it affected the players don't do it but I don't think it does. In fact we were playing better while that chanting was going on.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012