Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 12:20:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: just back  (Read 7816 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
just back
« on October 06, 2015, 10:38:00 pm by the vicar »
that was terable we played like strangers Coppinger was crap but then again so was all the rest

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Re: just back
« Reply #1 on October 06, 2015, 10:42:17 pm by Dare to dream! »
I couldn't see how we would lose that game once the team news came out, to lose 2-0 is awful.

We're in a right mess aren't we?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 06, 2015, 10:50:18 pm by the vicar »
I couldn't see how we would lose that game once the team news came out, to lose 2-0 is awful.

We're in a right mess aren't we?
yes we are in a worse state than Greece

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 06, 2015, 10:50:48 pm by Copps is Magic »
It's the JPT lads.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 06, 2015, 10:52:46 pm by DaveDRFC »
We should be trying to win every game, wins bring confidence and tonight was bloody awful. I generally try to look on the bright side but when you are comfortably beaten by a side in the division below it's hard to take any positives!

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 06, 2015, 10:53:56 pm by grayx »
It's the JPT lads.
true. But it was our first team.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 06, 2015, 10:56:38 pm by dickos1 »
Do you think they tried to lose the game?

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 06, 2015, 10:57:30 pm by Dare to dream! »
Not bothered that we are out of the JPT. It's the fact we couldn't even score against a league two team

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 06, 2015, 10:58:42 pm by dickos1 »
It's not the first time we've lost to lower league side and won't be the last
I reckon it's ended Jones's reign though,
Ten days time we will have a new bloke in charge that we need to get behind, and not nit pick throughout his first dozen or so games

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 06, 2015, 11:00:14 pm by Copps is Magic »
York aren't that far from us in the league pyramid. I didn't go or listen because I was at work but I've seen the stats and they were pretty even and I listened to the interviews and there were opportunities for us to score apparently. I'm not that bothered personally. That we aren't playing particularly well should be no surprise to anyone.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 06, 2015, 11:03:13 pm by Donnywolf »
It's the JPT lads.
true. But it was our first team.

... AND the destination is (was) WEMBLEY

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 06, 2015, 11:03:17 pm by Chris Black come back »
We have been on such a great run over the last decade that this does look like the worst season since 1997/98. Even the Championship relegation seasons had shown fits and starts of decent play. Bugger all this season. Hope something materialises soon.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 06, 2015, 11:04:13 pm by the vicar »
No I don't think they wanted to lose they was trying but they was just not good enough

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 06, 2015, 11:16:41 pm by Bessie Red »
Just back aswell. One of the biggest problems not only tonight but for quite a long time is that we do not get the ball into the forwards quickly enough. It was easy for York they had loads of time to get into two banks of four & concentrate on defending. Wellens is the biggest culprit for slowing things down but Middleton does it to. When Forrester came on and injected a bit of urgency into our forward movement we started to look dangerous.
Oh and ATS is stealing a living, my 14 year old could defend better than him.

Whoever takes over as Manager has to get the tempo up & get the Midfield to get the ball into the forward more quickly & I dont mean play hoofball.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 06, 2015, 11:20:45 pm by dickos1 »
We have been on such a great run over the last decade that this does look like the worst season since 1997/98. Even the Championship relegation seasons had shown fits and starts of decent play. Bugger all this season. Hope something materialises soon.

You can't compare 11 games of a season with full seasons, first year in championship where were we after 11 games?
Long way to go

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 06, 2015, 11:21:35 pm by Rovers91 »
Just got back piss wet through and a shite game, we were awful good job York is great for drinking.

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 07, 2015, 08:44:45 am by Wade Falana »
I met a couple of York supporting mates for a drink before the game who both want Wilcox out, said they've been rubbish for a while and fully expected us to beat them.

I said we'd also been awful, can't defend, have struggled to score etc etc and there might be an upset. They both laughed and said "wait to you see us mate, were shit". I was surprised to see such a strong team put out and actually felt confident walking in.

Jesus, we were dreadful. We didn't close them down, struggled to pass it 5 yards and just hoofed it forward hoping for a mistake. We made York look quite good although that wasn't that difficult, we just don't seem to dominate for periods of play anymore. It was only when Forrester came on that we half an idea.

Got in my car thoroughly pissed off to get a text saying "F@cking hell mate your worse than us"...i couldn't be arsed to reply.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 07, 2015, 08:50:54 am by Chris Black come back »

You can't compare 11 games of a season with full seasons, first year in championship where were we after 11 games?
Long way to go

Smell the coffee. We are a shambles. Probably three spells of decent football all season. There is a major job to do on team morale and potentially personnel. We are drifting around with no sign of a plan let alone sustained improvement. The new bloke needs to get a grip quickly.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 07, 2015, 08:52:07 am by The Red Baron »
Looking back, that midfield lacked the necessary energy. Too many old legs. Compounded by playing three up front.

Unless Gobern and Stewart are injured it's pretty clear Jones doesn't fancy them. But I think we have them till January, so they really should have been involved in a game like this.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 07, 2015, 09:07:38 am by dickos1 »
You can't say bugger all this season but in the relegation season it was good in parts, there were another 35 games to have those good spells

red w(h)ine

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 07, 2015, 09:39:18 am by red w(h)ine »
We have some good players, but we don't have a team. They aren't playing together. Also too many square pegs in round holes: Horsfield isn't good enough at the moment. He's okay on the ball but little idea how to defend. ATS is not a centre back but is having to play there at the moment. Copps is wasted playing in the middle. Williams is not Chris Brown - it is a waste of time hitting long balls up to him. With Middleton and Wellens we have similar players. We need someone who will get into the opposition area regularly in the way that Chaplow did once against the Dingles (Copps tries but we all know finishing is not his strong point). But most of all the new manager has to get players working together both to close down the opposition when we haven't got the ball and to move and support each other when we have. Sounds easy, but it's not.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 07, 2015, 10:16:21 am by goalkick »
You can't say bugger all this season but in the relegation season it was good in parts, there were another 35 games to have those good spells
love your optimistic posts pal.you will do for me.

Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 07, 2015, 10:43:44 am by Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover »
so we go out to lose yeah?
It's the JPT lads.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 07, 2015, 12:35:24 pm by adamtherover »
York aren't that far from us in the league pyramid.

if we are gonna use naff cliches, can we at least get them right...   the league is 4 divisions in a straight line .. 

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 07, 2015, 12:41:10 pm by Copps is Magic »
It clearly is a pyramid. York aren't far away from us whatever shape it is. We've gone out at this stage the last 3 times we've been in it (one of which we won the league afterwards!). Just as the apocalypse wasn't coming then. It isn't coming now.

Pull yourselves together.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 07, 2015, 01:36:05 pm by RedJ »
You mean we aren't being liquidated and everyone who attended catapulted into the sun?

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 07, 2015, 01:43:59 pm by adamtherover »
It clearly is a pyramid. York aren't far away from us whatever shape it is. We've gone out at this stage the last 3 times we've been in it (one of which we won the league afterwards!). Just as the apocalypse wasn't coming then. It isn't coming now.

Pull yourselves together.

Brilliant, prem down to L2 in a straight line is clearly a pyramid..    Someone needs to go to Specsavers..  There's a thread somewhere about overused cliches, this should be at the top..

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 07, 2015, 01:51:10 pm by Copps is Magic »

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 07, 2015, 02:03:17 pm by adamtherover »
Go and educate yourself

You obviously dont take criticism well now do you.. We all know the entire football structure is very loosely based on a pyramid, more divisions at the bottom feeding upwards..  The league structure as you like to call it has 4 divisions.. Now go and educate yourself about non league, that's the stuff not in the league pyramid, so as the first post suggests.. Use naff cliches correct or not at all. .

Consider youself educated...

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 07, 2015, 02:13:19 pm by Copps is Magic »
Go and educate yourself
We all know the entire football structure is very loosely based on a pyramid 

Glad you finally agree.

Criticism? LoL. Is that what it was? It read to me more like petty points squabbling because everyone is a bit touchy because we lost in the jpt to a team who aren't far away from us in the straight line on the top of the pyramid.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012