Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 07:11:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dickov  (Read 13289 times)

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Dickov
« Reply #30 on October 24, 2015, 03:26:42 pm by Move DRFC »
Hope he realises soon that he needs to find a new career path as he is definitely not a football manager. Useless w**ker

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on October 24, 2015, 03:31:35 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Poor and disappointing really. The problems were him and just about all him.  Pathetic.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on October 24, 2015, 03:39:48 pm by silent majority »
I don't suppose PD acknowledges his part in trying to get rid of the current Chairman either.

You are quite fond of dropping in these interesting little insights.
Perhaps the CEO should be more careful what he tells you in future.

The CEO didn't tell me anything. It's not like you to make assumptions Dave, oh, then again yes it is!!

I do have other sources as I have to keep reminding you. Unlike you I'm not on anyone's payroll.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 03:52:27 pm by silent majority »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on October 24, 2015, 03:44:59 pm by silent majority »
Surely if he tried to get rid o. The chairman they would of just sacked him

Be careful to read what I wrote. I said he played a part, not that he was the main instigator. Furthermore it's possible that the current board might not have been aware themselves, either then or now.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 03:50:36 pm by silent majority »

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on October 24, 2015, 03:51:03 pm by no eyed deer »
Perhaps the board know how poor our defence is, even when all are fit. Let's hope they do before its to late.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on October 24, 2015, 04:26:44 pm by bpoolrover »
So how do u know its true sm,if the board don't no is this not just gossip,I think u do a fantastic job but if anyone says anything bad about the board it seems to be other people's fault never there's

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on October 24, 2015, 04:31:03 pm by silent majority »
No its not gossip. I have something in my possession.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 24, 2015, 04:36:06 pm by bpoolrover »
Fair enough mate then

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on October 24, 2015, 05:18:05 pm by Filo »
Also said its important his next job is one where he has 'half a chance'

With his CV he'll be lucky if he gets a next job, he ought to be thinking about a career change

JayBaker

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on October 24, 2015, 05:18:52 pm by JayBaker »
Given human decency and the fact it doesn't have to be an "act" to be a nice guy, I think he's being kind and oversimplifying the entire situation.

The actual situation was one where he had not one but two pre-seasons totally botched and sabotaged, and then still stuck by us. He brought in players this summer, we had a cracking set of friendlies, and then suddenly after just 6 games, he was sacked. So in actuality, he was judged on 6 games ever. Which is the absurdity of modern football and the quick-fix culture we live in. That's that.

Now, though, like Jones was, Ferguson is still dealing with the same bunch of players. If you keep them, you might as well have kept Dickov anyway because he brought them in to fit his own plans, not anyone else's. So now, as we see today, we have the same bunch of players making poor performances, and they've got to go. We can have our little scapegoats and gut reactions and knee-jerk responses on Praise or Grumble, but bottom line is, the team is Dickov's, and without Dickov, it then becomes, well, even worse.

Let's hope Ferguson has a healthy budget and the nerve to ship players in - and out - and is at least given till Christmas by the eMpTyV generation to turn his team around.

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on October 24, 2015, 05:26:07 pm by Lifelong supporter »
I don't suppose PD acknowledges his part in trying to get rid of the current Chairman either.

You are quite fond of dropping in these interesting little insights.
Perhaps the CEO should be more careful what he tells you in future.

The CEO didn't tell me anything. It's not like you to make assumptions Dave, oh, then again yes it is!!

I do have other sources as I have to keep reminding you. Unlike you I'm not on anyone's payroll.

So you have other sources as well as the CEO.
Didn't realise you were also pally with the owners.
Who else would be able to feed you with the claim you make?

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on October 24, 2015, 05:28:38 pm by Lifelong supporter »
Surely if he tried to get rid o. The chairman they would of just sacked him

Be careful to read what I wrote. I said he played a part, not that he was the main instigator. Furthermore it's possible that the current board might not have been aware themselves, either then or now.

Are you really expecting us to believe you wouldn't have told them in the meantime? 

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on October 24, 2015, 05:29:57 pm by grayx »
I hope Dickov gets another managers job and soon. Perhaps he'll then come in and buy some of the shite he's lumbered us with.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on October 24, 2015, 05:30:39 pm by ravenrover »
Please LS and SM, carry this debate on away from the forum

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on October 24, 2015, 05:30:52 pm by Lifelong supporter »

Is it as useful as the piece of paper that Neville Chamberlain waved about?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on October 24, 2015, 05:36:02 pm by Copps is Magic »
Jay, Paul Dickov was our 10th longest serving manager in the post-war era. Our sacking of him has nothing to do with modern football. In fact, we as a club have stuck with managers far longer in the last 15 years than our past history dictates or in comparison other football league clubs. The facts don't support the argument you're making.

We'd be in exactly the same position with Paul Dickov as manager as we are now. Expect we'd be in a worse position because we'd still have Paul Dickov as manager! A man with no ability to get a team of players playing well on a consistent basis. It was absolutely the right decision to get rid of him and only now is it apparent what a mess he has left us in. The majority of this squad (if not every single member) was either signed or re-signed under him. He has to take responsibility for that because he's the man in charge of footballing affairs.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on October 24, 2015, 05:58:30 pm by bobbymax »
Jay, Paul Dickov was our 10th longest serving manager in the post-war era. Our sacking of him has nothing to do with modern football. In fact, we as a club have stuck with managers far longer in the last 15 years than our past history dictates or in comparison other football league clubs. The facts don't support the argument you're making.

We'd be in exactly the same position with Paul Dickov as manager as we are now. Expect we'd be in a worse position because we'd still have Paul Dickov as manager! A man with no ability to get a team of players playing well on a consistent basis. It was absolutely the right decision to get rid of him and only now is it apparent what a mess he has left us in. The majority of this squad (if not every single member) was either signed or re-signed under him. He has to take responsibility for that because he's the man in charge of footballing affairs.
A point I made a few days ago only for DRFCHound to tell me it was Rob Jones' fault!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on October 24, 2015, 06:00:33 pm by PDX_Rover »
No way. Lifelong is Diamond Dave Morris then. That makes a lot of sense then - he's up John Ryan's ringpiece.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on October 24, 2015, 06:27:38 pm by Jonathan »
No way. Lifelong is Diamond Dave Morris then.

I wasn't sure whether it was Parker.

No offence to whichever one it's not.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on October 24, 2015, 06:43:23 pm by PDX_Rover »
I'm purely guessing because whoever it is simply peddles the tired old Ryan agenda. It's boring.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on October 24, 2015, 06:53:03 pm by The Red Baron »
Given human decency and the fact it doesn't have to be an "act" to be a nice guy, I think he's being kind and oversimplifying the entire situation.

The actual situation was one where he had not one but two pre-seasons totally botched and sabotaged, and then still stuck by us. He brought in players this summer, we had a cracking set of friendlies, and then suddenly after just 6 games, he was sacked. So in actuality, he was judged on 6 games ever. Which is the absurdity of modern football and the quick-fix culture we live in. That's that.

Now, though, like Jones was, Ferguson is still dealing with the same bunch of players. If you keep them, you might as well have kept Dickov anyway because he brought them in to fit his own plans, not anyone else's. So now, as we see today, we have the same bunch of players making poor performances, and they've got to go. We can have our little scapegoats and gut reactions and knee-jerk responses on Praise or Grumble, but bottom line is, the team is Dickov's, and without Dickov, it then becomes, well, even worse.

Let's hope Ferguson has a healthy budget and the nerve to ship players in - and out - and is at least given till Christmas by the eMpTyV generation to turn his team around.

Jay- Dickov wasn't given six matches. He was given two seasons and the start of another. In that time we were relegated. That last point alone would have cost many managers their jobs, especially when you look at the circumstances.

In fact, it is a case where the Board should have acted sooner. Had Dickov gone at the end of last season we wouldn't be wasting this one trying to deal with his legacy.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on October 24, 2015, 06:57:19 pm by The Red Baron »
I'm purely guessing because whoever it is simply peddles the tired old Ryan agenda. It's boring.

I have my suspicions as to who LS might be, but I think you have to be 100% certain before you "out" someone on a public forum.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on October 24, 2015, 07:01:55 pm by PDX_Rover »
Sorry. I'm 100% sure it's Dave Lee Travis.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on October 24, 2015, 07:24:23 pm by silent majority »

Is it as useful as the piece of paper that Neville Chamberlain waved about?

Still trying to bait me Dave??  Lol Your obsession with what I write on here is laughable.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 09:23:59 am by silent majority »

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on October 25, 2015, 01:11:11 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The fault lies equally between our indecisive board, keeping a manager that everybody could see a long way out that he wasn't good enough.
The manager has his portion of blame, look at the list of players he has gone through in his time, some very good players.
Having said that Dickov did slightly overachieve in getting us to the position in the championship of being in with a chance of staying up, but once he got us there, the subsuquent malaise that set in with the manager, players and even ourselves that we were staying up was unforgivable, if you are a professional manager you can't allow it to happen that you don't achieve safety.

The indecisiveness of the board reared it's head they allowed him to bring more players in, i agreed at the time that he deserved a chance to get us back up, but once that was out of the window he should have been gone.
Indecisive again the board, they allow him to start another season bringing in even more players, and yet again he could do nothing with these players, and finally they showed some guts to let him go.
None of us know what went on between the manager and board, all we can judge is, he was backed with enough good players to do better than he did.

He knew that the board didn't spend big when he came in, i can't cricise him altogether because i don't know the full story, but adding everything up he had plenty of opportunity to well, he didn't.
The players also have a share of the blame, too many thinking they are fantastic players in my opinion, thinking we are beneath them, not interested in playing as a team.
He had many players, the manager, who should have been very good signings, but let him down, but a good strong manager would find a way to motivate them or they would be out, he didn't do this he failed.
Sportsmen very rarely admit any part in failure, i think he knows deep down, most of the failure was his doing.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on October 25, 2015, 06:10:38 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Sorry. I'm 100% sure it's Dave Lee Travis.

Wrong, it's Dave Benson Phillips.  He could do with a good gunging.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on October 25, 2015, 08:09:44 am by Glyn_Wigley »

I have my suspicions as to who LS might be, but I think you have to be 100% certain before you "out" someone on a public forum.

It's worth noting that someone who laughingly calls themselves 'lifelong supporter' has never once to my knowledge ever talked about the football itself on here...

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on October 25, 2015, 11:14:50 am by BobG »
I wonder if this confirmation of who made the appointment will lead to a re-appraisal of the skills of the person making it? Maybe he was a good judge. It's possible. Maybe he was lucky. That's possible too. Maybe, even, he knew what he was doing when he appointed PD. That, although unpleasant, is also possible, and, to me, has at least some credibility.

BobG

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on October 25, 2015, 01:15:45 pm by i_ateallthepies »
That's a wicked suggestion Bob, but one I have to admit hadn't occurred to me before now.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on October 25, 2015, 01:21:28 pm by The Red Baron »
When Dickov was appointed JR was still hoping to bring about his takeover, so I seriously doubt he wanted to appoint a lame duck.

I think it's more a case that Dickov talked a good game to him and the rest of the board. We know he can do that.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012