Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 04:04:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Directors  (Read 22339 times)

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
Re: Directors
« Reply #30 on October 24, 2015, 07:39:18 pm by Yorkiered »
There is a limit to what quality you can bring in with a limited budget. You can't polish a turd I'm afraid.

YORKIE   i dont know  if your married or not but if your wife as a limited budget she does the best with it you would not say that to her would you
ie a manger is given a budget thats what he works with same as your wife or do you want to sack here

You have totally missed the point.
Let me try and explain........................The reason we have poor defenders is because that is all the Manager could afford to bring in.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on October 24, 2015, 07:39:52 pm by wilts rover »
Well people have been telling me for weeks that all we had to do was change the manager?

Seems they were wrong then?

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on October 24, 2015, 07:46:39 pm by DRFCSouth »
Without vision? Really? They brought in a manager who has achieved promotion twice from this league. They have funded various loans. The bones of last years team is there, which finished mid table. I think this was a one off, against a team hell bent on impressing their new manager.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on October 24, 2015, 07:52:13 pm by Yorkiered »
Without vision? Really? They brought in a manager who has achieved promotion twice from this league. They have funded various loans. The bones of last years team is there, which finished mid table. I think this was a one off, against a team hell bent on impressing their new manager.

Shouldn't our players have been "hell bent on impressing their new manager" too?

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on October 24, 2015, 07:57:29 pm by DRFCSouth »

Shouldn't our players have been "hell bent on impressing their new manager" too?
Touche on that point. To say there is a lack of ambition though is just wrong.

Where was the lack of ambition after beating Shrewsbury?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on October 24, 2015, 07:59:07 pm by dickos1 »
Of course
The new manager is changing many things obviously it's going to take time ,
Something many of our fans don't understand

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on October 24, 2015, 08:02:53 pm by nortikorner »

how is that the directors fault

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 24, 2015, 08:03:34 pm by Yorkiered »
Of course
The new manager is changing many things obviously it's going to take time ,
Something many of our fans don't understand

I think it is more a case of you not being there to witness the garbage that was served up.
I don't think anyone blamed the manager. I think most people probably felt sorry for him.
We have players who cannot do the basics right.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on October 24, 2015, 08:04:16 pm by DRFCSouth »

See above

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on October 24, 2015, 08:04:55 pm by Yorkiered »

Try and keep up.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on October 24, 2015, 08:43:41 pm by the vicar »
I didn't read it anywhere. Bramall himself publicly told everyone at the last meet the owners.
They can tell you anything, do you watch jackanory  if you dont it is a program with story tellers

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on October 24, 2015, 08:47:35 pm by the vicar »
Not the manager. Not the players. A Board of Directors without vision. Unwilling to put money into the club. Twelve years of JR just a distant memory now.

no no no, here we go again.

Let JR rest don't drag his name through the mud again, just remember the good times
that is the thing they was the good times now we are in the doldrums

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on October 24, 2015, 09:39:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Yorkie

Let's go through the whole tired argument again then shall we? Just like we did week after week after f***ing week under your previous incarnation.

How much should the Board be putting in? Why should they be putting that much in? If THEY don't, who will?

Just a couple of answers to those question eh? Otherwise, give it a f***ing rest will you?

Get your head from up your f*****g arse.
We have been told that we have one of the best budgets in the league. Where is the evidence of it?
Give me evidence of this fantastic budget seeing as you know so much.

Eeh it's dark in here although it's as fragrant as a rose bush. Any road, let's have a think. Evidence. Evidence?

Oh aye!
Coppinger
Wellens
Chaplow
Williams
Forrester
Jones
Butler
Keegan
That's a whole bunch of players who've been in top 6 sides in this division or Championship regulars within the past 2.5 years

Plus four loanees already this season.

But I suppose we're paying them in Co-op cheques. If only I could get my head out of my arse, I'd have a more careful look.

So. There's an answer to your question Yorkie. Are you going to do me the courtesy of answering the ones I've been asking you for 18 months and getting a blank response to?

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on October 24, 2015, 09:58:08 pm by Yorkiered »
Yorkie

Let's go through the whole tired argument again then shall we? Just like we did week after week after f***ing week under your previous incarnation.

How much should the Board be putting in? Why should they be putting that much in? If THEY don't, who will?

Just a couple of answers to those question eh? Otherwise, give it a f***ing rest will you?

Get your head from up your f*****g arse.
We have been told that we have one of the best budgets in the league. Where is the evidence of it?
Give me evidence of this fantastic budget seeing as you know so much.

Eeh it's dark in here although it's as fragrant as a rose bush. Any road, let's have a think. Evidence. Evidence?

Oh aye!
Coppinger
Wellens
Chaplow
Williams
Forrester
Jones
Butler
Keegan
That's a whole bunch of players who've been in top 6 sides in this division or Championship regulars within the past 2.5 years

Plus four loanees already this season.

But I suppose we're paying them in Co-op cheques. If only I could get my head out of my arse, I'd have a more careful look.

So. There's an answer to your question Yorkie. Are you going to do me the courtesy of answering the ones I've been asking you for 18 months and getting a blank response to?

Players taken off the payroll at the end of last season
Kyle Bennett
Jamie McCombe
Theo Robinson
Abdul Razak
Reece Wabara
Dean Furman
Stephen Bywater

Of course they have all been replaced with players on higher wages haven't they.
Coppinger
Wellens
Keegan
Jones
Butler
All non higher wages than last season are they?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on October 24, 2015, 10:31:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Yorkie.

Was that a convoluted way of saying "no, I will not be answering any of your questions. Ever"?

Big deep sigh and in we go again.

You're now implying that our wage bill is lower than last season? Which is different to what you were mithering about before but hey ho. We've been here before. I'm sure we'll be here again.

So. I suspect the stayers are on similar wages to last season. And for the ones who left, we have as replacements
Williams
MacKenzie
ATS
Chaplow
Stuckmann
N'Guessan

I'd hazard a guess that on balance, those six them are on similar wages to the players they replaced. And of course, 2 of the players you mentioned were signings half way through the season. To which, the blindingly obvious point is: we'll be signing others in January. (We've already got 4 Tier 1-2 loanees in of course).

So what exactly ARE you trying to say? Is it the usual? That your REAL gripe is that the Board don't fund the squad to the extent that would satisfy you?

Cos if it's not that, you can clear it up REALLY easily by answering the questions I've been asking you again and again and again.

Now. I'll go back to being an armchair fan and secretly following Man City eh?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 11:31:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on October 24, 2015, 10:50:53 pm by dickos1 »
He doesn't answer questions, I'm still waiting for an example of a high calibre manager that we should've appointed instead of fergie,

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on October 24, 2015, 10:59:14 pm by Nudga »
I know why, it's because he and others believe that money spent is in transfer fees of 250 to 350k.
Wages, signing on fees and bonuses don't come into it with these greedy, I want it all now f**kin dullards.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on October 24, 2015, 11:33:03 pm by bpoolrover »
I would think the wages this year are pretty similar to last year maybe slightly more but not a lot

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on October 24, 2015, 11:40:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Bpool

I agree. Yorkie presumably doesn't. Although that has got nothing whatsoever to do with what he was originally complaining about.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on October 24, 2015, 11:45:15 pm by no eyed deer »
Wish billy Stubbs tears was manager . He knows everything

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on October 25, 2015, 12:27:07 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm here whenever needed...

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on October 25, 2015, 06:44:07 am by Yorkiered »
He doesn't answer questions, I'm still waiting for an example of a high calibre manager that we should've appointed instead of fergie,

I think that's a bit rich coming from someone who has a very different interpretation of high calibre to most other people's.
Ok how about Simon Weaver at Harrogate Town or Marcus Bignot at Solihull Moors?
They could be classed as"high calibre"
I wouldn't want either of them as our manager but in their own league they are "high calibre"
I don't suppose for a minute you will get it though.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on October 25, 2015, 06:47:39 am by Yorkiered »
I know why, it's because he and others believe that money spent is in transfer fees of 250 to 350k.
Wages, signing on fees and bonuses don't come into it with these greedy, I want it all now f***in dullards.

What a bright lad you seem to think you are. When have I ever suggested wages, signing on fees and bonuses don't come into the budget?

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on October 25, 2015, 06:50:37 am by Yorkiered »
Bpool

I agree. Yorkie presumably doesn't. Although that has got nothing whatsoever to do with what he was originally complaining about.
So are you going to refer every post that you don't agree with back to order posts way in the past?

As for you calling someone's post convoluted. That's pretty rich.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on October 25, 2015, 08:28:30 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Yorkie

I've asked you three straightforward questions in this thread and nudges you about them several times. Your call if you choose to ignore them. But it does leave me scratching my head over what exactly you are complaining about.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on October 25, 2015, 08:38:22 am by Yorkiered »
Yorkie

Answers to your ridiculous questions.
Neither me, you or anyone else give a figure of how much they should be putting in. It is an unanswerable question.
The second question cannot be answered because there is no answer to the first one.
The third question is equally unanswerable. Nobody knows who if anybody would come in to take the club over if the current directors all upped and left.

Now let me ask you a question which you will no doubt deflect as usual.
How much is this top end budget that we have this season?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on October 25, 2015, 08:55:17 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Halle-f***ing-luijah! Houston, we have a response.

So you start off a thread whinging at the Board for not putting in money, then end it by saying that you have no idea how much they should be putting in. Grand. Job done.

As for your question to me, I've answered it several times over the weeks, months and years. I have no idea what our budget is. Because I have no idea, I don't mither on about it incessantly.

For what it's worth (which is f**k all) my guess is that the squad we have doesn't come cheap. Certainly it won't be covered by our income. So the Board will, again, be subsidising your and my enjoyment.

Given that there's no f**ker else beating down the door to do the same, I intend to remain grateful to them for that.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 08:57:59 am by BillyStubbsTears »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on October 25, 2015, 09:39:17 am by dickos1 »

I think that's a bit rich coming from someone who has a very different interpretation of high calibre to most other people's.
Ok how about Simon Weaver at Harrogate Town or Marcus Bignot at Solihull Moors?
They could be classed as"high calibre"
I wouldn't want either of them as our manager but in their own league they are "high calibre"
I don't suppose for a minute you will get it though.

No when Ferguson was appointed you mocked the appointment as not being a high calibre one which we were promised
I've asked you numerous times what you would've thought would've been a higher calibre appointment
But you haven't given a single answer
How do you know I have a different interpretation of high calibre to most people, you're waffling nonsense again

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on October 25, 2015, 09:47:36 am by Bentley Bullet »
We all used to whinge about how much money Ken Richardson was putting in, so much so that he refused to put any more in. I don't recall anyone telling us exactly how much cash he was putting in at the start, but I dare say that the amount was not covered by our income.

Seeing as at that time there was no one beating down the door to buy the club, shouldn't we have remained grateful to him?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on October 25, 2015, 09:58:10 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

Genius. I had never thought of that! Bramall and Watson have been subsidising the club to the tune of >£1m per annum for a decade, during which time their money helped us have a sustained run in the Championship - all to give them time to perfect their plan to burn the ground down and sell it to some gangster for redevelopment.

You couldn't make it up!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012