Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 04:19:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Directors  (Read 22344 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Directors
« Reply #60 on October 25, 2015, 10:04:00 am by Bentley Bullet »
BST

You end you're post claiming you couldn't make it up, after having yourself made it up!

You couldn't make it up!

Thanks for the laugh, now have you got an answer to my question?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on October 25, 2015, 10:06:33 am by roversdude »
I think the appointment was right for us - a lot of people on here seem to suffer from delusions of grandeur ffs we are a league one side, we are not one of the fallen Giants of football that can attract so called big names
The squad on paper is massively under achieving and needs sorting - our long standing players need a kick up the arse/or kicking out
Yeah we've not paid out masses in transfer fees but there will still have been signing on fees and quite big wages - don't think Williams came to us because he liked a drink in market place or he likes a walk around Cusworth
The board do their business (very well in my opinion) behind the scenes for which we should be grateful - I can't understand all the negativity towards them
The team needs some pace everything is slow which results in us giving ball away in midfield hopefully DF will exploit the loan market with the backing of the board

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on October 25, 2015, 10:09:21 am by The Red Baron »
In football, following a heavy defeat it is usually common for fans to blame:

(a) the manager
(b) the players.

We do things differently at Donny. We blame the Directors.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on October 25, 2015, 10:15:44 am by Bentley Bullet »
TRB

At Donny it is traditional to put the blame on directors, and historically it was more often than not the correct verdict.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on October 25, 2015, 10:16:27 am by roversdude »
TRB it's probably Bramhalls (sic) fault for not playing himself lol

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on October 25, 2015, 10:18:29 am by Sprotyrover »
Oh I just love reading the Crap on here, it's better than VIZ!👅

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on October 25, 2015, 10:19:46 am by Canadian Rover »
911 Days ago we finished above Bournemouth to finish as Champions. We obviously have gone in opposite directions...but with progression on and off the field we can be sitting in a much healthier position in the next few years...the board acknowledged the manager needed changing to do this...we have the right man in charge now...let's back him one and all from fans to chairmen to owners...and players too.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on October 25, 2015, 10:20:16 am by Yorkiered »
Halle-f***ing-luijah! Houston, we have a response.

So you start off a thread whinging at the Board for not putting in money, then end it by saying that you have no idea how much they should be putting in. Grand. Job done.

As for your question to me, I've answered it several times over the weeks, months and years. I have no idea what our budget is. Because I have no idea, I don't mither on about it incessantly.

For what it's worth (which is f*** all) my guess is that the squad we have doesn't come cheap. Certainly it won't be covered by our income. So the Board will, again, be subsidising your and my enjoyment.

Given that there's no f***er else beating down the door to do the same, I intend to remain grateful to them for that.

At least you have admitted one thing which us very true.
Your opinion is worth f*** all.
Tell me a club whose squad is covered by it's income.
Isn't every football clubs board subsidising its fans enjoyment (or lack of)
As for people beating the door down to take it over. Get real things like that don't happen.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on October 25, 2015, 10:51:37 am by silent majority »

So you start off a thread whinging at the Board for not putting in money, then end it by saying that you have no idea how much they should be putting in. Grand. Job done.

As for your question to me, I've answered it several times over the weeks, months and years. I have no idea what our budget is. Because I have no idea, I don't mither on about it incessantly.

For what it's worth (which is f*** all) my guess is that the squad we have doesn't come cheap. Certainly it won't be covered by our income. So the Board will, again, be subsidising your and my enjoyment.

Given that there's no f***er else beating down the door to do the same, I intend to remain grateful to them for that.

As for people beating the door down to take it over. Get real things like that don't happen.

Most PL clubs have made a profit in the last two seasons., including Man City!

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on October 25, 2015, 11:24:19 am by eastender »

Here's why there making a profit ,a share of 3bn not to mention getting over 1m in prize for finishing Bottom of the PL.
Next seasons Bottom club will receive over 100m

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on October 25, 2015, 11:36:01 am by silent majority »
I was aware of that, but the question was asked to name a club whose income exceeded their expenditure.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on October 25, 2015, 11:38:46 am by Canadian Rover »
Walsall

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on October 25, 2015, 11:39:53 am by eastender »
I was aware of that, but the question was asked to name a club whose income exceeded their expenditure.

SM, everyone's aware of it because it stinks.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on October 25, 2015, 11:57:27 am by The Red Baron »
TRB

At Donny it is traditional to put the blame on directors, and historically it was more often than not the correct verdict.

In the past it was reasonable, because some were taking money out of the club. I see no evidence of that being the case under the present regime.

I will criticise them for one thing - they waited too long to pull the plug on Dickov. But they've done it now and I struggle to see why our wretched performances should continue to be laid at their door.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on October 25, 2015, 11:59:29 am by bedale rover »
If you want to see what was spent and where
Look at the accounts of patienceform
These are open for inspection as I believe this is a public company
Why argue the toss when you can go to the source?

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on October 25, 2015, 12:36:53 pm by albie »
Too simple that, Bedale.

You can't have facts getting in the way of opinions.
Where would we be if everyone had to show some evidence to support their prejudices?

No....best to just hold on to the old beliefs, and pay no attention to any information to the contrary.
Why test a theory when you can simply assert. Faith based advocacy, eh!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on October 25, 2015, 12:42:38 pm by BobG »
Faith???

That's a new word for what we are seeing here Albie! :):):)

BobG

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on October 25, 2015, 02:31:23 pm by Drover »

So does that mean Sustainability would be more likely to be achieved if an extremely large sum was invested in the short term and we reached the Premiership,and then all hands on deck to work for sustainability?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on October 25, 2015, 02:47:41 pm by IDM »
Not the manager. Not the players. A Board of Directors without vision. Unwilling to put money into the club. Twelve years of JR just a distant memory now.

What the f**k?

Apart from a few missing links in defence, our manager(s) have signed what should be a decent set of players for this division.  Even Dickov said when we were hit with injuries that he could go and get loanees IF HE WANTED TO.

Jones I think brought in Keshi, and Fergie exgended the loan.  Who's funding permitted that?

That the squad this season and last has failed to produce on the pitch is down to the management, not the Directors.

The management team has been given the resources, but hasn't got them working properly yet.

I could persuade a wealthy benefactor to buy me the most expensive professional set of golf clubs, but that wouldn't make me a better player!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on October 25, 2015, 03:14:52 pm by roversdude »
Most sensible post on this thread yet

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on October 25, 2015, 03:17:52 pm by the vicar »
In football, following a heavy defeat it is usually common for fans to blame:

(a) the manager
(b) the players.

We do things differently at Donny. We blame the Directors.
in this instant i would blame all three but not DF as he is new

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on October 25, 2015, 03:21:56 pm by silent majority »

So does that mean Sustainability would be more likely to be achieved if an extremely large sum was invested in the short term and we reached the Premiership,and then all hands on deck to work for sustainability?

More likely? Not necessarily. Its a high risk option though as quite clearly once you're in the PL you can break even if you get it right. But how much would that take is anyone's guess. Nott'm Forest have been trying to do that for years and have lost massive amounts of money as have numerous other clubs. Blackburn, Bolton, Portsmouth all got there but it didn't work for them.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on October 25, 2015, 03:41:16 pm by bpoolrover »
It's a hard 1, as football fans most fans have no interest in what goes on off the field,there not interested if the owners lose a million a year as that's to be expected,very few clubs make any money and with our owners being super rich 1 million a year does not seem much. What I would like to see the board spend just a little on some younger players from lower leagues but for some reason they don't seem to want to take any sort of gamble but in the end it's there money not ours

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on October 25, 2015, 04:11:12 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Does it give a break-down on players wages and transfer fees paid and received?

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on October 25, 2015, 04:12:49 pm by Yorkiered »

Are the players wages separate from all the rest of the staff?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on October 25, 2015, 05:59:55 pm by idler »
It's a hard 1, as football fans most fans have no interest in what goes on off the field,there not interested if the owners lose a million a year as that's to be expected,very few clubs make any money and with our owners being super rich 1 million a year does not seem much. What I would like to see the board spend just a little on some younger players from lower leagues but for some reason they don't seem to want to take any sort of gamble but in the end it's there money not ours
It is down to the manager and scouts to identify targets though.
Once identified then it is down to the board to back the manager.
A lot of managers go for experience though as it's a results business.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on October 25, 2015, 07:23:52 pm by bedale rover »

I think it gives total spend and where the monet came from
And percentage spent on wages (in total)
I think that the VSC put them up in the members area but they have access as shareholders

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on October 25, 2015, 07:58:14 pm by Muttley »

I think that the VSC put them up in the members area but they have access as shareholders

All UK company accounts are publicly available, not just to shareholders.

You can download a copy from https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03739676/filing-history

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on October 25, 2015, 09:53:10 pm by bedale rover »

All UK company accounts are publicly available, not just to shareholders.

You can download a copy from https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03739676/filing-history

Thanks Muttley
Put it better than I could

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on October 25, 2015, 10:14:05 pm by Chris Black come back »
Very interesting reading there. Could have changed since they were filed in April but I didn't realise Peter Wetzel was still a significant shareholder. Interesting also that Jim Beresford still has a holding. He's had an interesting few years.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012