Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 07:10:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: What was the melee all about today?  (Read 16356 times)

CJK

• Forum Member
What was the melee all about today?
« on December 28, 2015, 11:23:05 pm by CJK »
Just as the game had started there appeared to be a minor melee at the back of the stand involving a couple of Stewards and a group of our supporters. There were a lot of latecomers today and the area that had been set out for our support seemed to be filling up fast despite it being a large stand. It was slightly unsavoury for 5-10 minutes and then seemed to pass over. It was the usual 'everyone wants to be at the back in the middle' situation and some are willing to do almost anything to ensure they get to sit/stand where they want to.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
Re: What was the melee all about today?
« Reply #1 on December 28, 2015, 11:24:58 pm by jonnydog »
Although I wasn't at the game, you're post pretty much answers you're question, doesn't it?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 28, 2015, 11:28:59 pm by RedJ »
Just as the game had started there appeared to be a minor melee at the back of the stand involving a couple of Stewards and a group of our supporters. There were a lot of latecomers today and the area that had been set out for our support seemed to be filling up fast despite it being a large stand. It was slightly unsavoury for 5-10 minutes and then seemed to pass over. It was the usual 'everyone wants to be at the back in the middle' situation and some are willing to do almost anything to ensure they get to sit/stand where they want to.

That happens at the Keepmoat too, as I've said before you often end up with people basically standing on your feet. Difference is they don't do anything about it at the Keepmoat.

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 28, 2015, 11:33:19 pm by CJK »
Although I wasn't at the game, you're post pretty much answers you're question, doesn't it?

I'm just assuming that was what caused it, hence I was asking the question. Something else may have caused the problem.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 28, 2015, 11:35:13 pm by bpoolrover »
I don't know why they just didn't open the bits at the end of the stand up,that would have solved the problem

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 28, 2015, 11:54:21 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Away games are a bit of a lottery if you want to watch the game in your seat and I thought we'd struck lucky when the row in front of us were older supporters. Then just before kick-off the swearing or something must have upset them and they buggered off...........Next thing their places were taken by  a group of kids who looked like they were on a trip from the Justin Beiber school of juvenile hard bas**rds.

Now I'm not one to moan but dead livid I was so we too buggered off somewhere else.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 29, 2015, 12:18:39 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Away games are a bit of a lottery if you want to watch the game in your seat and I thought we'd struck lucky when the row in front of us were older supporters. Then just before kick-off the swearing or something must have upset them and they buggered off...........Next thing their places were taken by  a group of kids who looked like they were on a trip from the Justin Beiber school of juvenile hard b*****ds.

Now I'm not one to moan but dead livid I was so we too buggered off somewhere else.

It sounds like the language was ''Dead vivid''!, you should have seen it coming in your crystal ball, it needs a clean!. :laugh:

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 29, 2015, 08:13:01 am by Padge_DRFC »
The problem was today when we got there we couldn't stand as all the back rows were taken by people intent on sitting down. Which then resulted in people going right to the front to stand up as they were 4 or 5 rows in front of the next people.

They should have just opened it all therefore allowing those who wished to stand a section and those who sit the rest of the stand.

The next place I anticipate the same issue is at Scunny. This is where we could help. Allocate 2 or 3 blocks of the away end as a singing section and the rest to those who want to sit. This game will sell out and cause the same problems again. More and more people want to stand at Rovers games now. A game like this we don't want everyone spread out. Generally the atmosphere at Scunny away is dreadful in the away end because of this in comparison to Barnsley away which is unreserved.

Could something be done?

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 29, 2015, 08:57:13 am by Yorkiered »
I know this won't go down well with certain people but here is the solution.
Instead of drinking until 5 minutes before the start of the game and then come in expecting to stand exactly where you want. Why not get to where you want to stand early?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 29, 2015, 09:00:44 am by Filo »
Instead of drinking until 5 minutes before the start of the game and then come in expecting to stand exactly where you want. Why not get to where you want to stand early?

That would require a certain amount of respect being shown for others, in todays selfish world that will never happen

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 29, 2015, 09:10:30 am by IDM »
Don't forget also that in theory everyone is supposed to sit anyway, and some clubs are more (or less) tolerant when it comes to standing?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 29, 2015, 09:28:53 am by Padge_DRFC »

I was in at 2.30 today and all the back rows were taken. Personally I think that is also selfish people sitting down at the back row knowing full well people want to stand.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 29, 2015, 09:34:54 am by Yorkiered »

I was in at 2.30 today and all the back rows were taken. Personally I think that is also selfish people sitting down at the back row knowing full well people want to stand.

The main problem was the idiots who wanted to stand in the walk way in the area behind the goal which the stewards quite rightly insisted should be kept clear.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 29, 2015, 09:36:27 am by Filo »

Haha, so it's selfish to sit down on a seat provided for you?

Look, I get where you're coming from, but if someone has got there before you you should respect that person, it seems to me that it's all one way for the standers who want to bully people into moving

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 29, 2015, 09:53:05 am by the vicar »
I don't know why they just didn't open the bits at the end of the stand up,that would have solved the problem
Some syewards are not there to solve a problem they are there to create one

Seadog Minibus

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 29, 2015, 09:59:40 am by Seadog Minibus »

Cat amongst the pigeons!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 29, 2015, 10:12:08 am by roversdude »
Mmmmm so you pay for a seat and then are vilified for actually using it

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 29, 2015, 10:34:28 am by Yorkiered »

There was plenty of room at the ends of that stand. It just wasn't where they wanted to stand.
The I want it and I want it now. Tantrum throwing brigade.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on December 29, 2015, 10:54:52 am by Bentley Bullet »
It's what you get when you give knobs an extra inch.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 29, 2015, 11:51:35 am by Padge_DRFC »
No way of sorting this for Scunny? So there's no issues and sitters and standers are all happy with no issues?

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 29, 2015, 12:37:28 pm by les@donr »

Get them circumcised :)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on December 29, 2015, 01:39:34 pm by bpoolrover »
They didn't open the ends up I was sat next to it

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 29, 2015, 01:42:02 pm by bpoolrover »
Anyone can sit where they choose filo your right, but everyone knows that people at the back stand up at every club,so if you choose to sit there I would question there motives? Prob to cause trouble or to have a moan?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 29, 2015, 01:51:50 pm by RedJ »
Or, in fairness, probably sat where their ticket said they should sit. Which they have every right to do, and are supposed to do really, even if it isn't ideal for everyone (but then, the new away end isn't great either to be fair).

And I say that as someone who likes to stand at the back.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on December 29, 2015, 01:55:51 pm by Filo »
I just don't get it why people following ground regulations are seen as the problem, rather than those breaking ground regulations

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 29, 2015, 02:15:14 pm by Padge_DRFC »
How do clubs fans for example from our nearby neighbours Sheffield Wednesday, United and Leeds cope who want to sit down. Shocking people standing up at a football match absolutely appalling.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on December 29, 2015, 02:16:07 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Get them circumcised :)

It's no skin off my nose.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on December 29, 2015, 02:21:46 pm by Filo »
How do clubs fans for example from our nearby neighbours Sheffield Wednesday, United and Leeds cope who want to sit down. Shocking people standing up at a football match absolutely appalling.

Thats not what people are saying, there are campaigns ongoing to reintroduce standing areas at football matches, until that happens the problem lies with those breaking current ground regulations, not those abiding by them, surely thats not hard to understand?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on December 29, 2015, 03:28:13 pm by silent majority »
Was it allocated seating yesterday? I paid on the gate and didn't get a ticket.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on December 29, 2015, 04:13:52 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

But it's not selfish to want people who want to sit (or are unable to stand) to have a shit view..?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012