Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 02:18:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Top half of table now.  (Read 12058 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Top half of table now.
« on January 02, 2016, 05:07:49 pm by normal rules »
And six points from a play off place. Wow. What a turnaround since df took over.

Promises to be an exciting second half to this season. Rovers have showed they can mix it with clubs in top half.

Sets it up nicely for next sat. Stoke play midweek also.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Top half of table now.
« Reply #1 on January 02, 2016, 05:16:36 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Well well well.
Only two points behind the mediocre, mid table, miserable, mind numbing Blades. RTID

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 02, 2016, 05:32:47 pm by IDM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34577976

After the Millwall defeat we were 3rd bottom with 14 points from 15 games, minus 11 goal difference.

Ten games later we have 20 more points and have gone up from 21st to 11th, goal difference minus 2.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 02, 2016, 05:45:02 pm by les@donr »
IDM, weren't we second bottom when DF took over? Whatever, the place we were in the bottom 4, there has been a remarkable turnaround with most of the players PD had.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 02, 2016, 05:48:37 pm by IDM »
Yes indeed, after the Bradford defeat we had 11 points from 12 games and were in 23rd place.  But 20 points from 10 games sounds better than 23 from 13!

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 02, 2016, 05:50:56 pm by les@donr »
We must be one of the form teams in Lg 1?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 02, 2016, 05:54:49 pm by Donnywolf »
.... and Skybet offered 150/1 for Promo not that many games ago. They still have a massive chance of landing the Stake money off me and many more but I will be watching in case they offer me a "Cash Out" any time soon lol

Seriously though the 5/1 they offered for a top half finish should cost them quite a bit with a bit of luck !

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 02, 2016, 05:56:54 pm by IDM »

A quick glance at the table I think shows Burton are top in form then we are on a par with Walsall, over the last 10 league games...

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 02, 2016, 05:59:04 pm by les@donr »
Wolfy, hope your faith in Rovers, lands you with a nice tidy sum come May.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 02, 2016, 06:00:52 pm by les@donr »

A quick glance at the table I think shows Burton are top in form then we are on a par with Walsall, over the last 10 league games...

We must then be in playoff form, wish DF had been incharge at start of the season, then we would now be in the top 3, PD inept tactics costs us a lot of points.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 02, 2016, 06:02:31 pm by Donnywolf »
Wolfy, hope your faith in Rovers, lands you with a nice tidy sum come May.

It would be great ! I would love to take the £150 from them for just a quid cos I said at the time I thought the odds were "an insult"

The top half finish looks well possible now given the new Manager the resilience and consistency we are showing (Scunny apart) and the loan Players staying and playing well !

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 02, 2016, 06:03:46 pm by besty »

ss1953

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 02, 2016, 06:07:56 pm by ss1953 »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34577976

After the Millwall defeat we were 3rd bottom with 14 points from 15 games, minus 11 goal difference.

Ten games later we have 20 more points and have gone up from 21st to 11th, goal difference minus 2.

Thats a really interesting observation. I was going to fly down to see that game but couldn't manage it. But the interesting thing I noticed from the 2 BBC reports, was that it was essentially the same team. Only difference was Wellens (replaced by Forrester) now out, and Connor Evans in todays team.

Made me ask whether Dickov was being "bullied" by our senior pro, Wellens? Much as though I admired Richie in his pomp, I feel that the team has flourished now he is not at the club.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 02, 2016, 06:13:35 pm by les@donr »
I think DF doesn't suffer fools lightly. If a player doesn't want to play for him or steps out of line then he is shown the door. I don't think PD had the respect of the players nor commanded the Dressing Room, one big reason was the players had no idea what his tactics and plan were for each game. He should have gone at the end of last season. Started fresh with a new manager.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 02, 2016, 06:16:36 pm by drfchound »
.... and Skybet offered 150/1 for Promo not that many games ago. They still have a massive chance of landing the Stake money off me and many more but I will be watching in case they offer me a "Cash Out" any time soon lol

Seriously though the 5/1 they offered for a top half finish should cost them quite a bit with a bit of luck !

DW, i also took that bet and put a tenner on.(the 150/1 against promotion)
I don't have a skybet account so my pal put it on for me on his account.
If they do offer any type of cash out would you be good enough to PM me please.
I still think we have a fantastic chance of making a play off spot though and we all know how good we are in play offs.................

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 02, 2016, 06:19:29 pm by Superspy »
We're currently 5th in the form table over the last 5 games, and 2nd (!) over the last 10.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 02, 2016, 07:35:55 pm by knockers »
The bet details for the promotion bet says it finishes on 3rd may. Is this just an auto promotion bet as it doesn't say it is. I put £20 on it but am now concerned it's just auto 🤔

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 02, 2016, 07:43:03 pm by ian1980 »

I still think we have a fantastic chance of making a play off spot though and we all know how good we are in play offs.................

I had a fiver on with Betfair at 150/1 and last week they offered me £7.49 cashout. Waiting to see if this has gone up when it updates.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 02, 2016, 07:43:52 pm by bobjimwilly »
The bet details for the promotion bet says it finishes on 3rd may. Is this just an auto promotion bet as it doesn't say it is. I put £20 on it but am now concerned it's just auto 🤔

I emailed SkyBet with the same concern and they confirmed my bet (at 150/1) was for promotion inc. the playoffs, not just automatic :)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 02, 2016, 07:45:24 pm by Donnywolf »

Sure will ! You can rest assured as I have a memory like a Rovers striker (AW) !

Cheers DW

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 02, 2016, 07:46:57 pm by Donnywolf »

I emailed SkyBet with the same concern and they confirmed my bet (at 150/1) was for promotion inc. the playoffs, not just automatic :)

Was just going to confirm that too as I often check on my "Open Bets" just for a laugh !

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 02, 2016, 08:28:12 pm by LincsRover »

:that:

I also took advantage of skybets' 5/1 top half finish - that £50 I put on is going to pay for my next season ticket - I always thought we'd finish top 6 under fergie so top half at 5/1 was a f*ck*ng steal I could not resist! I'm not cashing in, until after the last game of the season!!

:santa:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 02, 2016, 08:36:14 pm by dickos1 »
We were 11/2 on top half, 33/1 on top 6 and 150/1 on promotion, if we manage promotion I come away with over 7k

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 02, 2016, 08:38:17 pm by swain_drfc »
Can now get 4/1 on us to finish above Sheff United

Tempting  :rtid: :woohoo:

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 02, 2016, 08:52:37 pm by knockers »

Cheers Bob
It does mean that if we do go up in the play offs I have to get married after 13 years together.
I promised her the winnings of £3300 to plan with 😳

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 02, 2016, 09:04:51 pm by Donnywolf »
We were 11/2 on top half, 33/1 on top 6 and 150/1 on promotion, if we manage promotion I come away with over 7k

Ker effin ching !

Hope it comes in for you !

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 02, 2016, 09:06:20 pm by les@donr »
We have a 100% record in all the playoffs we have entered Conference and League 1, in the latter we beat a small team from Wakefield :woohoo:

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 02, 2016, 09:08:41 pm by les@donr »

Ker effin ching !

Hope it comes in for you !

Wolfy, I don't think the Bookies thought we would do anything under PD, they were right, we were certs for relegation. But they couldn't predict the turnaround under DF. There must be some worried Bookies in Donny, who might have to make big payouts come May :clapping:

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 02, 2016, 09:15:24 pm by Campsall rover »
Well after that clinical performance today if anybody thought the play offs were a step too far THINK AGAIN.  :clapping:

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 02, 2016, 09:19:21 pm by les@donr »
Well after that clinical performance today if anybody thought the play offs were a step too far THINK AGAIN.  :clapping:

Maybe we are becoming the old Fergie's ManU of Lg1. Just a thought.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012