Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 03:08:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ticket prices for league games.  (Read 19713 times)

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
Re: Ticket prices for league games.
« Reply #60 on January 11, 2016, 12:11:20 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
Just posted something similar on another thread.

A ticket for Ajax vs Vitesse Arnhem in two weeks, dead centre behind the goal, is 25 Euros. AC Milan vs Udinese, a fortnight later, will cost me about 28 Euros (£20). PSG, for some league games, charge as little as 20 Euros.

Yet in this country, most clubs in League One and League Two, have prices set around a similar mark - if not higher.

Personally, if I'm planning to go to a random game in this country and I can't sort out a freebie, unless it's a local derby or 'big' game, if the price is higher than £20, I won't go.

Game by game ticket prices are scandalous across the board.

Utrecht vs Ajax was 25 euro for me last season, Utrecht class it as their biggest derby. Puts this country to shame.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on January 11, 2016, 12:34:39 pm by Donny Viking »
I do really do support lower match day ticket prices - but I also want and expect a competitive team in this league.

Although pricing was good on Saturday, we also played a premiership team with some 'high profile' names in the countries leading cup competition. We have had numerous discounted match day tickets in recent seasons (including Scunthorpe on Boxing Day) which didn't generate anywhere near this level of attendance. I think Doncaster fan base has showed (beyond the core 5,ooo) performance is more important than price. If we are challenging for the play offs - fans will come. If we we don't then no matter what you charge the occasional fan will stay away. Reduced ticket prices then = less income, as you don't get enough through the door generating drink/food revenue to offset reduced ticket income.

Unfortunately the main issue is competitive squad =  increased salary = £23 tickets.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on January 11, 2016, 12:48:58 pm by Alan Southstand »
I agree in part Viking. The team and performance, coupled with positive results will bring the crowds back, regardless of the £23 ticket. If people are seriously interested, there are ways available to make the ticket price lower.

What is paramount is to invest in the squad - we seem to have a manager we can now trust to get things more right than wrong (unlike the previous one). We have to use the performance and crowd support from Saturday and open the throttle up a bit. A new loan or two will only 'up the ante' for all supporters who now must be reconsidering whether to stay away any longer.

Over to the Board!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on January 11, 2016, 01:47:19 pm by idler »
Bradford City charge £25 for an adult ticket. That is why my mates are season ticket holders for £149 or buy the 50/50 tickets where you pay £50 for the card and then £10 every time you go.
Go to more than six games with a season ticket and you are going for free in comparison to pay on the day.

I agree Bradford have a terrific deal for fans but I am sure you would agree they have the stadium capacity to make it work.
That is exactly why it works so well Yorkie. Their Kop is bigger than ours but I know somebody that had to buy season tickets for the main stand as there weren't two adjoining seats left on the Kop.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on January 11, 2016, 02:17:18 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Man United charge £28 behind the goal.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on January 11, 2016, 02:31:37 pm by silent majority »

Man Utd's starting prices are £31 which includes a £5 discount for members.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on January 11, 2016, 03:19:22 pm by RedJ »

That's nice :)

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on January 11, 2016, 03:55:10 pm by idler »
If we had that many behind our goal we could do it for a tenner😀.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on January 11, 2016, 05:55:21 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I agree in part Viking. The team and performance, coupled with positive results will bring the crowds back, regardless of the £23 ticket. If people are seriously interested, there are ways available to make the ticket price lower.

What is paramount is to invest in the squad - we seem to have a manager we can now trust to get things more right than wrong (unlike the previous one). We have to use the performance and crowd support from Saturday and open the throttle up a bit. A new loan or two will only 'up the ante' for all supporters who now must be reconsidering whether to stay away any longer.

Over to the Board!

'Investing' in the squad seems to be about the only opinion you ever offer Alan.  Ok, so if the manager was to bring in that 'loan or two', who do you suggest gets dropped from the  team that played Saturday?

paddy hoops

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on January 11, 2016, 07:21:17 pm by paddy hoops »
£19 is a perfectly reasonable price for league games, but the only way you can get this price is to sign up to a membership scheme that no floating fans will have heard of!! Why don't they just charge the price to £19 full stop?? Before you bring in the "it's not fair on season ticket holders" excuse I don't buy that as a valid argument. Surely season ticket holders are supposed to be the loyalist of the loyal? How can fans with so much loyalty knock the club for potentially bringing more fans in to OUR Club who can pump more money into OUR club through food, drink, club shop sales? It's an argument that really annoyes me and even annoyed me when I was a season ticket holder!! I want this club to prosper and I'll back any ideas they can come up with to make more money in order to meet the aspirations that WE AS FANS pile on them!! If tickets were cheaper I think the Stoke game, one of the best Rovers games I've been to, could have been a catalyst to better attendances for the rest of the season but with ticket prices how they are I don't think the effect will be any where near the same.

COME ON YOU HOOOOOPS!!!!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on January 11, 2016, 07:30:27 pm by silent majority »
Paddy, I've yet to see any ST holder complaining about match day pricing being too cheap, either in this thread or any other.

paddy hoops

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on January 11, 2016, 07:50:18 pm by paddy hoops »
It's not about the match day pricing being to cheap, that's the opposite of my point. I've read on here plenty of times before, if ever theres a match day price being lowered for a league game or some sort of deal is being offered, at least a few season ticket holders come here and complain that any offers or price lowering underminds the deal they got for their season ticket. I'm sure I'm not the only one who read the same sort of comment on this site because something of the sort was mentioned earlier on in this thread. I know it's a minority of fans that feel this way but it's those people that will be ringing the Club to complain every time, which defiantly does happen because it was mentioned by Gavin Baldwin last time I went to a fans meeting at Intake Social Club.

COME ON YOU HOOOOOPS!!!!

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on January 11, 2016, 07:51:08 pm by Yorkiered »
Whilst a season ticket gives you an average cheaper price I would suggest many season ticket holders miss some games which when averaged out don't bring the savings down that much.
For me the main benefit in having a season ticket is that I get the seat I want every home game without the aggravation of having to go buy a ticket.

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on January 11, 2016, 08:22:51 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
I can't work out the exact maths of it but I think Rovers may benefit from running a summer promotion along the lines of 'the more people that sign up the less you pay' again I've not worked out the exact logistics of it I'm not that bright but for example season tickets prices for The black bank, adults start at 400, for every thousand ST's they sell knock off 50, so then if we have 2000 season tickets sold in the BB everybody gets a rebate so that everybody has paid £300? That way they have got 2000 people in the stand every game buying programmes, beers, scarves flags whatever. I don't know how much they cost now but obviously the offer could be replicated to fit the current price scheme, just an idea anyway

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on January 12, 2016, 01:34:37 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Most fans if they think they have got a good deal, will spend the extra at the ground anyway. It's a balancing act between looking after your people who pay out in front, and show faith in the side before the season starts, and the others who either like to buy game to game, or that's the only way they can do it.
To appease the season ticket holder, you make sure they get offers the pay on the day fan doesn't get, it's only fair they are putting in a lump sum every season.

But you also have to look after the pay on the day, or floating supporter, they also need to feel valued.
The best way, is to pay twenty pound, with the incentive that if the crowd hits a certain target, they get a five pound voucher for the clubshop, that can be used on it's own or along with cash, that way, the supporter feels like he has won, the clubshop gets some extra takings.
 The season ticket holder should get the signed team photo that you would expect, percentage off the shirts like they already do or other things in the clubshop, if there are two home games over the month as usual, then the season ticket holder gets £7.50 off each game in voucher form, fifteen quid to be spent in the clubshop.

Or if they don't want to spend it, bank it with a saving scheme towards the next season ticket, or for later in the year, the money sits, the club make a tiny bit on each account interest. The club wins-the supporter wins.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on January 12, 2016, 07:08:17 am by Muttley »
Keep it simple.

Season tickets £300 (=£13 per game) + disco at club shop + same seat + no need to buy a ticket for every game

On the day £15

#twentystoomuch

#nothingrhymeswithfifteen

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on January 12, 2016, 12:10:04 pm by Alan Southstand »
'Investing' in the squad seems to be about the only opinion you ever offer Alan.  Ok, so if the manager was to bring in that 'loan or two', who do you suggest gets dropped from the  team that played Saturday?

Its not the only thing I can offer, but it is glaringly obvious to me that we are 'threadbare'. Obviously, you think otherwise and that is your prerogative! Surely, you must know how this football thing works by now, you don't need me to tell you about injuries, suspensions, quality, etc, etc. Nobody is criticising here, just pointing out that the squad needs a bit more strength in depth if we are seriously considering trying to progress into the top 6.
We're doing remarkably well with what we have/had, but unless its escaped your notice, we've just lost 2 senior pro's and 2 young up-and-comer pro's. Now correct me if you like, but that's 2 midfield players, 1 striker and 1 centre back off the books.
Further, we don't know about Mattioni's situation, other than he's injured and back at Everton, of course. Neither do we know what's happening with Stewart. Both were loan players, of course but either player could and have (during their loan periods) made an impact on the squad/team.
We have a good first 11 and maybe 2 or 3 senior pro's for the bench and the rest are young lads, who are not quite ready.
DF himself has said he's after another striker and I would tend to agree with him, but we still maybe need a Mattioni/Stewart type player to help create. On Saturday, we had very few options on the bench that you could have said that, if they'd come on, they could have swung the game in our favour. That's what we seem to be short of right now.

What are these other 'things' that could be offered to improve the team/squad?

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on January 12, 2016, 01:29:34 pm by Yorkiered »
Keep it simple.

Season tickets £300 (=£13 per game) + disco at club shop + same seat + no need to buy a ticket for every game

On the day £15

#twentystoomuch

It isn't that simple though. Using your figures. Season ticket £300 (miss 3 games in a season, which many do) price £15 per ticket.
You want £15 per ticket every game. No commitment come to games you fancy and not to those you don't.
Do you still think this is a good idea?

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on January 12, 2016, 02:28:58 pm by Muttley »
Keep it simple.

On the day £15

#twentystoomuch

It isn't that simple though. Using your figures. Season ticket £300 (miss 3 games in a season, which many do) price £15 per ticket.
You want £15 per ticket every game. No commitment come to games you fancy and not to those you don't.

Yes.

ST holders know and accept the risk of missing a few games, but also know that they don't have to trek to the ticket office once a fortnight and are guaranteed their regular seat next to their mates or with their preferred view.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on January 12, 2016, 05:12:11 pm by Yorkiered »
Keep it simple.

On the day £15

#twentystoomuch

Yes.

ST holders know and accept the risk of missing a few games, but also know that they don't have to trek to the ticket office once a fortnight and are guaranteed their regular seat next to their mates or with their preferred view.

I have already said the reason I get my season ticket it's to guarantee my seat etc, don't assume everybody thinks like that however. Over the last two years there have been matches particularly on a miserable Tuesday night where not just me but a number of my mates probably wouldn't have gone if it wasn't for the fact we had our season tickets.
But you are saying every game should be £15. I am not sure GB and the directors would be happy with a gate of 6,000 paying a maximum of £15 per person.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on January 12, 2016, 06:29:41 pm by Muttley »
They probably wouldn't be happy with 6000 paying £15, but maybe dropping the price from £23 to £15 might actually attract 8000 or 9000 instead.

I would hope that the club have done some proper analysis of price elasticity of demand and have set their pricing accordingly, but somehow I doubt it.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on January 12, 2016, 06:51:40 pm by silent majority »
I think they would be. The problem our club has is that we sell a lot of concessionary tickets. So in that figure of 13,000+ the actual return is much lower than the £15 we all paid.

I could be wrong, but the last time DBR and myself discussed this with the club I think the average, for league games, was in the region of £7 per ticket.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on January 12, 2016, 08:21:43 pm by IDM »
Today I went to the TO and bought a 5 game cat B multi-game book.  £95 therefore £19 per game.

£95 isn't a huge outlay, and if I end up going to all games I can get another one, so all my games are under £20.

If I miss a few fixtures and if there are occasional offers, I can take those too.

I don't think there is a limit on how many vouchers you can swap per game.  Is there such?

So in theory if you have 4 mates of the same category you could club together and get one of these books each game and always pay £19 each.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on January 12, 2016, 11:15:21 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
In addition, it's got to a point where floaters have benefitted from offers and their ST holding friends, they may not be incentivised enough to purchase 'full price' tickets themselves or buy a membership card.

These offers are good for games that otherwise may not be attractive but there have been times when I couldn't give tickets away.

This is why I think the £20 benchmark is reasonable without being a giveaway.

Personally, I think only the central upper areas of the West and East should be categorised as 'A' for their better view and you could argue for a price increase in these areas (I'm A btw) but the rest being a simple one price sit/stand where you want.

Revenue isn't amplified that much from added sales on concourse, bars, shop as we only get a percentage. I considered this myself until I was 'educated' by the club.

If we were to drop to £20 we'd have to be confident the additional numbers coming in would make up for the £3 lost.

Ask yourself under DF and improved form will be get more at £23 anyway, and leave it to those who are proactive enough to buy a membership to do so?

thorne viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on January 12, 2016, 11:20:42 pm by thorne viking »
I think they would be. The problem our club has is that we sell a lot of concessionary tickets. So in that figure of 13,000+ the actual return is much lower than the £15 we all paid.

I could be wrong, but the last time DBR and myself discussed this with the club I think the average, for league games, was in the region of £7 per ticket.
wow sm so we have that many youngsters and oldsters that even with the amount of people  we have paying the full price we only make £7 a game im shocked by that

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on January 12, 2016, 11:37:53 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yes, the average ticket income is more but costs have to come out.

thorne viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on January 12, 2016, 11:48:54 pm by thorne viking »
I have silently thanked the people that put in the extra money in to keep our club competing with other top clubs in this division,and never thought that was all we made from ticket income,i for one hope they never get bored or harrassed into walking away

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on January 13, 2016, 01:40:36 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Seven quid that's not a lot to work with, if the concessions were tightened up a bit so it was just fifteen quid across the board would that improve things.
Surely it would save on advertising offers for a start. It also helps because the supporter knows that when he turns up he knows exactly what he is paying.
The club do a lot to help fans as it is, but twenty three quid seems unreasonable for league one. If they are only getting seven quid though, i see why it's hard to change much.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on January 13, 2016, 06:36:30 am by SydneyRover »
Just a quick note to those having trouble finding information on various ticket prices and offers. On the official DR website there is a section labelled "Tickets" with all the relevent info,  just saying.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on January 13, 2016, 08:26:05 am by Padge_DRFC »
People I know at work went on Saturday they came in on Monday morning and came up to me and said wow. That was awesome the game and the atmosphere. I asked if they were going on Saturday and no they aren't because it's £92 for 4 of them and 3 weeks after pay day. Football is now a rip off for what it is. Sad that people want to go but can't because they can't afford it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012