Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 07:15:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: iPort  (Read 7989 times)

nightporter

• VSC Member
iPort
« on January 20, 2016, 09:33:15 am by nightporter »
The name of the new development off junction 3 of M18 with link road to Rosso. Been interesting watching this develop. They have a pretty good live feed webcam.   http://iportuk.com/news/ hit the LIVE FEED option on the left.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
Re: iPort
« Reply #1 on January 20, 2016, 10:48:44 am by jonnydog »
When does it all open?

nightporter

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 20, 2016, 11:46:59 am by nightporter »
It says the new road opens January, so soon.  This  explains the whole project.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsRiOVVYuO4

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 20, 2016, 03:09:38 pm by Filo »
It says the new road opens January, so soon.  This  explains the whole project.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsRiOVVYuO4

Can't see it opening in January, security has still got shifts until March

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 25, 2016, 10:41:55 pm by MrFrost »

Opens next month.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 26, 2016, 08:12:06 am by dknward2 »
Cant wait should get rid of most of the cantley crawl and dome corner traffic at night

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 26, 2016, 08:38:44 am by Filo »

Opens next month.

The Security cabin and Barrier on the road as you come off the Motorway roundabout are planned to be in place until at least 4th April

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 26, 2016, 11:49:07 am by MrFrost »
I work with Carillion, it's due to open last week in February

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 26, 2016, 12:38:10 pm by RobTheRover »
It is integrated into the FARRRS project to improve access to Finningley Airport.

http://www.doncaster.gov.uk/farrrs

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 26, 2016, 12:46:53 pm by Filo »
I work with Carillion, it's due to open last week in February

My Son covers the security occasionally at the begining of the road from the M18, he has a week of shifts there week ending 4th April

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 26, 2016, 01:04:59 pm by MrFrost »
There will still be security to prevent access to the iport access roads which won't be open until a later date.

The road is scheduled to be open to traffic week commencing 22nd Feb, barring any last minute delays due to adverse weather etc.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 26, 2016, 01:14:33 pm by DaveDRFC »
We went to look at the new houses near the airport last year, I mentioned that I worked in Sheffield and the agent said the new road was months ahead of schedule. Proof they'll say anything to try and sell a house, not that any were needed.

It's obviously not too far off opening now, this morning on my way home from work the traffic lights coming off the M18 were operational.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 26, 2016, 01:22:28 pm by MrFrost »
The second phase from Parrots Corner to the airport is due to start late this year.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 26, 2016, 01:28:30 pm by Filo »
There will still be security to prevent access to the iport access roads which won't be open until a later date.

The road is scheduled to be open to traffic week commencing 22nd Feb, barring any last minute delays due to adverse weather etc.

The security there is provided by a different company

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 26, 2016, 04:24:20 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
February I'm told, end of, slip into March if weather is poor.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 23, 2016, 03:28:25 pm by MrFrost »

Opens next month.

The Security cabin and Barrier on the road as you come off the Motorway roundabout are planned to be in place until at least 4th April

Filo, the road officially opens on the 29th of this month. Is your son still going to try and stop traffic?

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 23, 2016, 05:30:47 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Well I did say...

bally1950

« Reply #17 on February 24, 2016, 10:51:21 pm by bally1950 »
And now, only now they are widening the road that goes round by the Bowling Alley, The Asda Crawl, bloody nuisance was stuck there hour and half after Stoke game

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 25, 2016, 09:21:19 am by Jenny »
Well I did say...

Anyone would think you worked for the contractor or something...

But still, Filo & his son know best  :P

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 25, 2016, 09:25:32 am by Filo »
Well I did say...

Anyone would think you worked for the contractor or something...

But still, Filo & his son know best  :P

I can only tell you whats on his rota, and it's still there last week in March running into April, I wonder if the cabin is being moved to the roundabout where the road to rosso joins the link road?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 25, 2016, 11:44:19 am by MrFrost »
And now, only now they are widening the road that goes round by the Bowling Alley, The Asda Crawl, bloody nuisance was stuck there hour and half after Stoke game

That's for the new restaurants etc that are going to be built there

bally1950

« Reply #21 on February 25, 2016, 11:50:06 am by bally1950 »
I hope it is going to be a two way system because currently that roundabout cannot cope with the volume of traffic, similarly at Scunny they have same problem at Tesco etc and have put a one way link in next to B & Q to by-pass the roundabout, at Asda it would be where the petrol station would be, the planners got that wrong IMO

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 25, 2016, 12:03:18 pm by bobjimwilly »
bloody nuisance was stuck there hour and half after Stoke game

we were too. Even after waiting 30 mins had enough time to walk over to mcdonalds for some coffees, walk back to the car and drink them before we were moving  :suicide:

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 25, 2016, 12:18:54 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
IT is terrible at peak times that bit of road, terrible design.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 25, 2016, 01:04:03 pm by Muttley »
IT is terrible at peak times that bit of road, terrible design.

Traffic planners designing roads that are barely adequate for current traffic levels so they have to re-build them within a few years? Who'd have thought it?

My favourite was linking the dual carriage way of White Rose Way to the M18 with a single carriage way bridge!!!

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 25, 2016, 01:16:58 pm by Mike_F »
This reminds me of Ed Byrne's take on Ironic by Alanis Morissette.

A traffic jam when you're already late isn't ironic. Sure it's inconvenient but it's not ironic. Unless you're a town planner and the thing you're late for is a meeting about how to reduce traffic jams.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 25, 2016, 04:29:30 pm by DaveDRFC »
The Woodfield link road is another example of poor planning, waited for it for years and when it finally arrives it's bloody rubbish. I appreciate people living down there don't want it becoming a rat run but does it really need so many speed bumps?

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 25, 2016, 04:53:05 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The Woodfield link road is another example of poor planning, waited for it for years and when it finally arrives it's bloody rubbish. I appreciate people living down there don't want it becoming a rat run but does it really need so many speed bumps?

Yes it does to stop those lorries driving ridiculously quick down it and to be fair most car drivers. Particularly with so many kids living in the area now the houses are going up there has to be something.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 25, 2016, 04:54:38 pm by Mike_F »
It's not the bumps per se that are the problem on there so much as the severity of 'em. Of course they need to slow people down in a residential area but if you're doing anything over 12mph they're unbearable.

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 25, 2016, 05:03:39 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It's not the bumps per se that are the problem on there so much as the severity of 'em. Of course they need to slow people down in a residential area but if you're doing anything over 12mph they're unbearable.

They are large that's for sure agree there. But it does amuse me that I can run down the road and race cars, it certainly annoys the lowered car boy racers.

What I don't understand is why the road has a random bend in it, why isn't it straight?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012