Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 12:09:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Relegation  (Read 31182 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Relegation
« Reply #120 on February 20, 2016, 09:28:56 pm by Campsall rover »
Only Wigan, Coventry, sheff U, Millwall and possibly Barnsley will have a bigger wage bill than us this season. FACT

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on February 20, 2016, 09:29:16 pm by MrFrost »
It's obvious we had a fairly decent budget this year. The Port Vale chairman said it in so many words pre-season (that he couldn't compete with the likes of us) and we also fought off big league one clubs to get Andy Williams. Most people take these things as clues but people tend to let their imagination run away from them.

Didn't we also lose out on the guy who went to Bury because they offered more? Swings and roundabouts.

Whatever budget we have, you can be sure it will be reduced next year as our revenue will be down .

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on February 20, 2016, 09:29:51 pm by MrFrost »
Only Wigan, Coventry, sheff U, Millwall and possibly Barnsley will have a bigger wage bill than us this season. FACT

A fact is only a fact if you have evidence to support it. Which you do not.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on February 20, 2016, 09:30:07 pm by dickos1 »
Exactly copps,
You don't need a degree to realise these things

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on February 20, 2016, 09:30:33 pm by Campsall rover »
It's obvious we had a fairly decent budget this year. The Port Vale chairman said it in so many words pre-season (that he couldn't compete with the likes of us) and we also fought off big league one clubs to get Andy Williams. Most people take these things as clues but people tend to let their imagination run away from them.

Didn't we also lose out on the guy who went to Bury because they offered more? Swings and roundabouts.

Whatever budget we have, you can be sure it will be reduced next year as our revenue will be down .
WRONG it won't be reduced.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on February 20, 2016, 09:30:53 pm by GazLaz »
Our wage bill is much bigger this season than last. The salary for the new manager was bigger than the salary PD recieved. You can't complain too much about how much they spend.

Again, how do you know this?

Because I do.

Brilliant. Really backing up your point there.

Do you think if I give away where I get my info from that I'll keep getting it??

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on February 20, 2016, 09:32:13 pm by MrFrost »

WRONG it won't be reduced.

Wont it? Have that in writing do you?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on February 20, 2016, 09:32:21 pm by GazLaz »

Wrong again. They offered a player more than we valued him worth wages wise. We brought Williams in on more than Bury pay said player.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on February 20, 2016, 09:32:35 pm by Campsall rover »

I don't have evidence but go and ask Gavin Baldwin and I think he would prove me right.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on February 20, 2016, 09:33:34 pm by dickos1 »
Look what good state bury are in now,
Then you would have something to moan about

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on February 20, 2016, 09:39:46 pm by MrFrost »
Our wage bill is much bigger this season than last. The salary for the new manager was bigger than the salary PD recieved. You can't complain too much about how much they spend.

Again, how do you know this?

Because I do.

Brilliant. Really backing up your point there.

Do you think if I give away where I get my info from that I'll keep getting it??

Maybe you can find out from your source whether the board are happy with what is happening and what there plan will be when we struggle to shift 2000 season tickets for next year

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on February 20, 2016, 09:41:39 pm by Campsall rover »
Mr Frost you believe what you want, but you just don't realise how lucky you are to be a Rovers supporter.
If you were a Stockport County fan then you really would have something to moan about.
Good night, as I just can't keep up with all your negativity any more this evening.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on February 20, 2016, 09:41:54 pm by drfc1951 »
How much do the board put in each year of their own money,how much more do the moaners expect them to put in?

I reckon most moaners put in a bigger percentage of their wealth than our owners
If you think that then you are deluded.
Bramhall and Watson have been putting in around 3 million a season to keep us on a even keel.
DO THE MATHS PLEASE.

I'm doing the maths. I suggest you look up the definition of percentage.

So how much more do you think they should put in just to indulge you on a Saturday afternoon.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on February 20, 2016, 09:42:28 pm by dickos1 »
I'm sure you say that every year frosty

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on February 20, 2016, 09:43:56 pm by MrFrost »
How much do the board put in each year of their own money,how much more do the moaners expect them to put in?

I reckon most moaners put in a bigger percentage of their wealth than our owners
If you think that then you are deluded.
Bramhall and Watson have been putting in around 3 million a season to keep us on a even keel.
DO THE MATHS PLEASE.

I'm doing the maths. I suggest you look up the definition of percentage.

So how much more do you think they should put in just to indulge you on a Saturday afternoon.

Who knows. But I wont paint them to be some kind of Gods because they put a million or two in each every year when you consider how many hundreds of millions they are worth. It is pocket change to them, and if they begrudge doing it, then they're in the wrong game.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on February 20, 2016, 09:45:23 pm by MrFrost »
I'm sure you say that every year frosty

Actually I predicted we'd sell around 3000 for this season, which I was proved right with, and it was around 1000 down on the year before. I'm guestimating around 2000-2500 for next season, which would put is into the bottom third of season tickets sold in the division.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on February 20, 2016, 09:47:22 pm by Iberian Red »
Similar to you claiming people on here would be happy if we got relegated...absurd.
You are Elizabeth Bott and I claim my fiver.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on February 20, 2016, 09:55:41 pm by idler »
We lose 1-0 to a team that have won nine out of eleven and some are suicidal.
Get real.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on February 20, 2016, 09:56:39 pm by MrFrost »
Get real.

So you think this is based on todays game?
Are you that stupid?

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on February 20, 2016, 10:03:11 pm by Iberian Red »
Get real.
Ahh,the abuse starts.
Go away.

So you think this is based on todays game?
Are you that stupid?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #140 on February 20, 2016, 10:04:45 pm by dickos1 »
What's it based on then 4 games? Because nobody was saying the shite that's being said tonight 4 games ago

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on February 20, 2016, 10:06:03 pm by MrFrost »
What's it based on then 4 games? Because nobody was saying the shite that's being said tonight 4 games ago

The last 2 and a half years

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on February 20, 2016, 10:08:52 pm by dickos1 »
Like I said nobody was saying these things 4 games ago

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on February 20, 2016, 10:12:26 pm by idler »
I am sure that I have seen better and more polite responses Mr Frost.
We might share the same surname but not the same manners.
I am just as disappointed as you but I sure wouldn't want you next to me in the trenches.
Our problem is giving silly goals away. I can't solve it and neither can you.
I'm prepared to let the manager and players that are payed to rectify this do their job.
Throwing a strop won't solve anything, just make you miserable.
I know I've had nearly 60 years of it. I'll be driving there next Saturday hoping for a better performance and three points.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on February 20, 2016, 10:14:47 pm by MrFrost »
I am just as disappointed as you but I sure wouldn't want you next to me in the trenches.
I'm prepared to let the manager and players that are payed to rectify this do their job.
I know I've had nearly 60 years of it. I'll be driving there next Saturday hoping for a better performance and three points.

Apologies for that reponse, but you can clearly see this isn 't a reaction just because of todays game.

Thankfully, I won't be there next weekend, and i'm struggling to find any reason to part with several hundred quid for a season ticket.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on February 20, 2016, 10:57:03 pm by les@donr »
1998, say no more!

neil grainger

« Reply #146 on February 20, 2016, 11:33:36 pm by neil grainger »

I'm conjuring up the enthusiasm to go to the KM next week aswell Idler.

As a fellow exile, I've felt your pain these past few weeks. Not very nice driving home late on a Tuesday night along that M62 after we've lost is it?!

I live near Skipton. If ever you're stuck for transport or just too pissed off to drive to the KM, let me know and I'll pick you up.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on February 21, 2016, 12:12:35 am by Sammy Chung was King »
What i would like to know is why is it other owners, it doesn't come out how much they put in a season?.
 What doesn't get said is all the lost opportunties to get players that other teams took the chance on, and sold on for a profit.
It's been going on years at our place short sighted, never thinking ahead, if the club continues being run like this, we don't have a chance of doing well.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on February 21, 2016, 10:12:44 am by bobjimwilly »
Maybe there should be a rule on football forums that you can't post for 24 hours following a game; we might see some more measured responses then

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #149 on February 21, 2016, 10:25:48 am by idler »

I'm conjuring up the enthusiasm to go to the KM next week aswell Idler.

As a fellow exile, I've felt your pain these past few weeks. Not very nice driving home late on a Tuesday night along that M62 after we've lost is it?!

I live near Skipton. If ever you're stuck for transport or just too pissed off to drive to the KM, let me know and I'll pick you up.

Hi Neil, the drive back to Bradford always seems much longer after a poor performance or bad loss. It's hard to be cheerful after an hours drive home going over and over what went wrong. The wife then has to look at a miserable looking quiet husband for another hour until I come round.
I'm no super fan but realise that there isn't a magic wand that is waved to gaurantee  success or improvement. It needs a good manager and coach with the right players. Hopefully this will be DF and the board will back him in the summer.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012