Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 06:45:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Relegation  (Read 31204 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Relegation
« Reply #90 on February 20, 2016, 07:13:12 pm by dickos1 »
I can guarantee you our wage bill is bigger than Walsall, bigger than Gillingham, bigger than burton, bigger than 90% of the sides above us,
So to say they're not investing is absolute garbage

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on February 20, 2016, 07:23:16 pm by raggytash »
If the admin could do it lets have an open vote... Who's to blame for a disastrous season?? 1. The players 2. Management 3. Lack of investment from the board... Tbh I'd vote all 3.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on February 20, 2016, 07:25:18 pm by Copps is Magic »
If the admin could do it lets have an open vote... Who's to blame for a disastrous season?? 1. The players 2. Management 3. Lack of investment from the board... Tbh I'd vote all 3.

So why do you chose to only bang on about the board then?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on February 20, 2016, 07:43:33 pm by Campsall rover »
PD recruited poorly in the close season apart from Stuckman and Williams. The depth of the squad is week as Chaplow, N'guesson, and Main have proved to be eithe over the hill or simply not good enough.
PD was tactically inept, to be honest clueless.
But the biggest problem is a lack of a Jones type leader on the pitch and probably off the pitch. Every successful manager needs leaders in his team.
You can't blame DF he needs more time to turn it round. Injuries to Stuckman, Butler, Tyson, Coppinger, Grant, Mattioni, Middleton and Stewart have been the reason for the slump.
We will survive this season and thrive next season.
For heaven sake Rome was'nt built in a day, have patience please.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on February 20, 2016, 08:05:03 pm by raggytash »
The board have got to take a huge chunk of criticism theve done nothing out of the ordinary to make positive changes on the pitch....team full of kids, high earners/decent players not replaced, everything possible done on the cheap and even next years kit maker is a joke, it's all a penny pinching exercise with this board and there's no positive signs at all

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on February 20, 2016, 08:05:38 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Injuries to Stuckman, Butler, Tyson, Coppinger, Grant, Mattioni, Middleton and Stewart have been the reason for the slump.

A flash of sanity in the hair-tearing, foot-stamping grief.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on February 20, 2016, 08:09:50 pm by MrFrost »
The board have got to take a huge chunk of criticism theve done nothing out of the ordinary to make positive changes on the pitch....team full of kids, high earners/decent players not replaced, everything possible done on the cheap and even next years kit maker is a joke, it's all a penny pinching exercise with this board and there's no positive signs at all

With you all the way. The kit manufacturer is clearly an example of cost cutting

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on February 20, 2016, 08:10:35 pm by dickos1 »
Clearly 😩

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on February 20, 2016, 08:12:23 pm by MrFrost »
Clearly 😩

Why else would you go with a completely alien, unheard of manufacturer who's set up and branding looks amateurish at best?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on February 20, 2016, 08:12:49 pm by hoolahoop »
Injuries to Stuckman, Butler, Tyson, Coppinger, Grant, Mattioni, Middleton and Stewart have been the reason for the slump.

The first can't kick, the second is a carthorse, the third and fourth are now over the hill. I'm stopping there the only bright light is Middleton.

Players put their self-assessed sick notes in when they aren't fighting for the team

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on February 20, 2016, 08:24:43 pm by Campsall rover »
Let's all be negative then shall we. If the players are as Negd out as some of you then we are going to be in league 2 faster than Colchester. Just as well they are not. There was plenty of spirit out there today even if we were the second best team on the pitch.
For heaven sake please GET A GRIP you are making me depressed reading these ridiculous posts.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on February 20, 2016, 08:25:32 pm by MrFrost »
Let's all be negative then shall we. If the players are as Negd out as some of you then we are going to be in league 2 faster than Colchester. Just as well they are not. There was plenty of spirit out there today even if we were the second best team on the pitch.
For heaven sake please GET A GRIP you are making me depressed reading these ridiculous posts.

Don't read them then.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on February 20, 2016, 08:30:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

The first can't kick, the second is a carthorse, the third and fourth are now over the hill. I'm stopping there the only bright light is Middleton.

Players put their self-assessed sick notes in when they aren't fighting for the team

Hoola

Like Dickos said, the team with that lot fit and firing were the best side in the division for 6 weeks either side of Xmas. The players are not that bad. We have just once again had shocking injury luck. I'll guarantee you that Burton haven't had that type of luck.

Wello

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on February 20, 2016, 08:32:14 pm by Wello »
Fergie has had the chance to get in players and he's chosen to pack it with midfielders we need to do what we did under SOD, build from the back, we look decent going forward the end product at times isnt great but we are creating more chances under Fergie, but we are a shambles at the back ATS & Lund aren't upto this league I'm afraid, the midfield and strikers have no confidence in the back 3 4 or 5 whatever the formation is. if we had two decent centre halves and I believe we wouldn't be where we are now. then he could play 3 at the back which would include Butler.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on February 20, 2016, 08:59:38 pm by drfc1951 »
How much do the board put in each year of their own money,how much more do the moaners expect them to put in?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on February 20, 2016, 09:02:19 pm by MrFrost »
How much do the board put in each year of their own money,how much more do the moaners expect them to put in?

I reckon most moaners put in a bigger percentage of their wealth than our owners

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on February 20, 2016, 09:04:53 pm by dickos1 »
Not that silly argument

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on February 20, 2016, 09:06:00 pm by MrFrost »
Not that silly argument

Not silly if its true.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on February 20, 2016, 09:08:04 pm by Campsall rover »

I reckon most moaners put in a bigger percentage of their wealth than our owners
If you think that then you are deluded.
Bramhall and Watson have been putting in around 3 million a season to keep us on a even keel.
DO THE MATHS PLEASE.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on February 20, 2016, 09:09:49 pm by MrFrost »

If you think that then you are deluded.
Bramhall and Watson have been putting in around 3 million a season to keep us on a even keel.
DO THE MATHS PLEASE.

I'm doing the maths. I suggest you look up the definition of percentage.

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on February 20, 2016, 09:11:25 pm by Lifelong supporter »
I can guarantee you our wage bill is bigger than Walsall, bigger than Gillingham, bigger than burton, bigger than 90% of the sides above us,
So to say they're not investing is absolute garbage

How can you guarantee that?
Perhaps you could post a link to the information on current League 1 wage bills.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on February 20, 2016, 09:14:28 pm by dickos1 »
You use your nogging,
Williams, we got ahead of sides like Sheffield United, stuckmann, new deal for Tyson, butler we got because Walsall couldn't afford him,
It's not difficult

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on February 20, 2016, 09:17:22 pm by Lifelong supporter »
You use your nogging,
Williams, we got ahead of sides like Sheffield United, stuckmann, new deal for Tyson, butler we got because Walsall couldn't afford him,
It's not difficult

...and the wage bill is what again?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on February 20, 2016, 09:19:33 pm by dickos1 »
If you really think burton gillingham and Walsall have a wage bill bigger than ours
Good luck to ya

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on February 20, 2016, 09:20:51 pm by GazLaz »
Our wage bill is much bigger this season than last. The salary for the new manager was bigger than the salary PD recieved. You can't complain too much about how much they spend.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on February 20, 2016, 09:21:10 pm by Campsall rover »
I'm sorry but what is wrong with people? We're having a poor run, and now the whole club is a shambles, clowns running the club, relegation inevitable, we have a load of fans that can't wait to slag the side and the club off
The fact emphasised that they're nowhere to be seen when we're winning or they are moaning about the ticket office or the refreshments
Its pathetic
My sentiments entirely well said again.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on February 20, 2016, 09:21:33 pm by MrFrost »
Our wage bill is much bigger this season than last. The salary for the new manager was bigger than the salary PD recieved. You can't complain too much about how much they spend.

Again, how do you know this?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on February 20, 2016, 09:23:37 pm by GazLaz »

Because I do.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on February 20, 2016, 09:25:56 pm by MrFrost »

Because I do.

Brilliant. Really backing up your point there.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on February 20, 2016, 09:27:31 pm by Copps is Magic »
It's obvious we had a fairly decent budget this year. The Port Vale chairman said it in so many words pre-season (that he couldn't compete with the likes of us) and we also fought off big league one clubs to get Andy Williams. Most people take these things as clues but others tend to get their preconceptions and imaginations a bit mixed up.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012