Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 03:30:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: So then board lovers??  (Read 30205 times)

aidanstu

• Forum Member
Re: So then board lovers??
« Reply #90 on March 07, 2016, 04:26:25 am by aidanstu »
Again though complaining about the board won't make us better so it is pointless. It also isn't the problem is it?

You're naive if you don't believe the problems aren't flowing from the top downward. There is a clear lack of direction and it is showing. Keep happy clapping

Get lost, the lack of footballing performance has nothing to do with what the board are flowing down, nothing at all.

I have always been a big fan of this board and the sustainability model but he does have a point about the lack of direction.

Firstly there were the building of sods proper teams, then the experiment that they were part of, then the whole "we will recruit 2 experienced and one up one coming player for every position" direction, now that also seems to have changed and the transfer and, to me at least, appears to have no clear direction. The style of football has repeatedly changed during that time and we don't seem to have a brand anymore like we did n the sod era.

I'm not asking for does return or a change in board but frost does have a point about the lack of direction.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on March 07, 2016, 10:46:50 am by RedJ »
Well for one thing, he made more than one mistake, so let's put that one to bed right away.

And on top of that - how can you blame the owners for Paul Dickov failing to take one more point from the final seven games with one of the best squads we've ever had? John Ryan is gone and he's never coming back. Let it go.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on March 07, 2016, 01:25:45 pm by raggytash »
I love it how myself and a few others get hammered...

1... Drfc is controlled by bramall etc... Relegation pending yet again and attendances down 50 per cent
2 the Dons... Relegated into the wilderness again club Doncaster and bramall....
3 Baldwin says club Doncaster is a great success, mmmm that good he won't mention figures and it's known there's less than a hundred!!
4 sorry folks but there the FACTS!!

It's ok this sustainability rubbish but next year it'll be exactly the same story as what you've fallen for this year.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on March 07, 2016, 01:37:12 pm by RedJ »
Yeah sorry I forgot the board chose the players and sent them out with the instructions.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on March 07, 2016, 01:40:31 pm by The Red Baron »
I love it how myself and a few others get hammered...

1... Drfc is controlled by bramall etc... Relegation pending yet again and attendances down 50 per cent
2 the Dons... Relegated into the wilderness again club Doncaster and bramall....
3 Baldwin says club Doncaster is a great success, mmmm that good he won't mention figures and it's known there's less than a hundred!!
4 sorry folks but there the FACTS!!

It's ok this sustainability rubbish but next year it'll be exactly the same story as what you've fallen for this year.

What's your alternative, RT? New owners? I hardly see people queuing up.

If someone came to B&W with a properly funded plan that could buy the club AND keep it going I'm sure they'd listen. But if you're waiting for that to happen, I wouldn't hold your breath.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on March 07, 2016, 01:45:52 pm by selby »
have you 10million to waste raggy ? if you have not, your a nobody on the outside looking in like the rest of us.
   Sorry to upset you, your oppinion does not carry any weight, and all you can do is stamp your feet, and shout as loud as you like on here, hoping that someone,somewhere, will think you are right, another key board warrior wishing they could tell other people how to spend their money.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on March 07, 2016, 02:24:36 pm by acko »
IFthe club Doncaster is such a good thing why didn't the two successful clubs,Knights and Belles join in maybe they know something we don't know.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on March 07, 2016, 03:57:25 pm by bobjimwilly »
IFthe club Doncaster is such a good thing why didn't the two successful clubs,Knights and Belles join in maybe they know something we don't know.

The belles have already joined in; you can watch all Belles home games next season for free when purchasing a 2016/17 DRFC season ticket.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on March 07, 2016, 04:30:25 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Obviously the Belles know something acko doesn't!

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on March 07, 2016, 04:31:57 pm by raggytash »
If the club is debt free etc why wouldn't people take it on?? Just remember these 3 are 700 million 20 k a week is the interest on this.. That's cash wise but obviously much more tied up in assists I'll agree... Bramall gave 16.5 million to Carnegie uni for a library so work that one out!

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on March 07, 2016, 04:41:58 pm by raggytash »
Go to the Knights forum and see what they say about even ground sharing!! Just makes me laugh how people can argue with facts???

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on March 07, 2016, 04:49:42 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
If the club is debt free etc why wouldn't people take it on?? Just remember these 3 are 700 million 20 k a week is the interest on this.. That's cash wise but obviously much more tied up in assists I'll agree... Bramall gave 16.5 million to Carnegie uni for a library so work that one out!

Assets that don't get interest....

I don't think it's for you to tell others how to spend money they earnt.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on March 07, 2016, 05:03:16 pm by Muttley »
If the club is debt free etc why wouldn't people take it on??

Because it loses £2-3 million a year (and even more if anybody decided to go shit or bust for promotion to the Championship).

Our owners are free to spend their money however they like, we should just be grateful that they are prepared to underwrite the club's losses.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on March 07, 2016, 05:14:02 pm by Yorkiered »

Because it loses £2-3 million a year (and even more if anybody decided to go shit or bust for promotion to the Championship).

Our owners are free to spend their money however they like, we should just be grateful that they are prepared to underwrite the club's losses.

:facepalm: :facepalm: and here's me thinking we are a sustainable club :headbang:

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on March 07, 2016, 05:20:11 pm by wilts rover »

:facepalm: :facepalm: and here's me thinking we are a sustainable club :headbang:

You are correct we are a sustainable club. The owners are able to sustain those losses.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on March 07, 2016, 05:24:44 pm by Al4475 »
...But long term they're hoping the club can sustain itself! Unfortunately that's not gonna happen overnight! If it's ever gonna be an achievable aspiration at all.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on March 07, 2016, 05:35:10 pm by dickos1 »

You really do come out with a load of shite

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on March 07, 2016, 05:40:08 pm by acko »
The belles have not joined in, the use of the keepmoat is only short time.Remember the owners Bramhall and Watson own the club its their responsibility I ask what would they do if their building business was losing money every year.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on March 07, 2016, 05:48:24 pm by wilts rover »
The belles have not joined in, the use of the keepmoat is only short time.Remember the owners Bramhall and Watson own the club its their responsibility I ask what would they do if their building business was losing money every year.

The Belles have joined in Club Doncaster. Club Doncaster is a promotion for fans regarding season tickets for the three clubs and gym membership. How many times have you been told this?

As owners of Doncaster Rovers Bramhall and Watson have a duty to ensure the club is finacially sound. It is. What they dont have is a divine right to win the league by 50 points because you say so.

If their building business was losing money every year they would close it down. If that is the best suggestion you have for the future of Doncaster Rovers then I suggest you stop posting.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on March 07, 2016, 06:13:23 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Can I put this to bed, if you want someone to blame throw it at our chairman who is refusing to give DF the funds our owners have provided and the money he saved from moving players on. I said there was a stumbling block so now you know. As to why he's doing it, I haven't a clue.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on March 07, 2016, 06:28:12 pm by raggytash »
Only reason I can think off is theve fkd up big time with the ffp, all these kids will be on hardly anything that's if we're even contributing, could be a viable reason which they won't want to admit, I'm led to beleive some non playing staff are on a fortune ie Baldwin

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on March 07, 2016, 06:39:45 pm by swintonrover »
Only reason I can think off is theve fkd up big time with the ffp, all these kids will be on hardly anything that's if we're even contributing, could be a viable reason which they won't want to admit, I'm led to beleive some non playing staff are on a fortune ie Baldwin

The man runs the club. Like it or not he's not gonna be paid in magic beans.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on March 07, 2016, 06:44:37 pm by raggytash »
True

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on March 07, 2016, 06:49:16 pm by raggytash »
To be fair a couple of people were saying the same Saturday, regarding ffp,can't see it myself but quite odd a few are going on about it. All the earners getting the boot there might be more in it

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on March 07, 2016, 06:49:38 pm by Muttley »

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on March 07, 2016, 06:56:30 pm by DearneValleyRover »
We have not fallen foul of ffp money is there, DF wanted to sign players he had lined up in January and not loans or youth signings but our beloved chairman decided not to let him even though we have the funds.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on March 07, 2016, 07:07:00 pm by acko »
Older supporters on here can remember the times under Bates it was posted on a few weeks ago he had the same phyology as the current board and for years we lanquished in the bottom tier of football,We had the Richardson years and almost went into oblivion,but the club survived.So why do people think without Bramhall andWatson the club wont survive.Three seasons now they have had control and its been all downhill,their supporters on here are quick to tell you that JR couldn't do it without them in what was achieved but hes been gone 3 seasons now,so in my book if you take the credit for success you must take the blame for failure.people cant accept that,JR wasblamed for their first 2 seasons and now its Dickovs fault.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on March 07, 2016, 07:13:12 pm by DearneValleyRover »
You are so wrong acko

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on March 07, 2016, 07:15:55 pm by RedJ »
We have not fallen foul of ffp money is there, DF wanted to sign players he had lined up in January and not loans or youth signings but our beloved chairman decided not to let him even though we have the funds.

And you know this how?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on March 07, 2016, 07:19:01 pm by DearneValleyRover »

And you know this how?

I'm not about to name the person but suffice to say he invests a fair amount into the Club.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012