Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 10:21:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Well, that were fun  (Read 8995 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Well, that were fun
« on March 05, 2016, 06:01:59 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
My preternatural levels of optimism are rapidly depleting.

We might have a bit of a problem lads and lasses.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Well, that were fun
« Reply #1 on March 05, 2016, 06:04:54 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
We do that's for sure. What annoys me more than no the pitch is the fans. Just too defeatist and negative. We're in a fight so where's the fight?

Tom-RTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 05, 2016, 06:08:49 pm by Tom-RTID »
Who can we beat if we can't beat these at home?

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 05, 2016, 06:11:30 pm by phil o sophical »
Says it all for me that one of the plus factors from the game was the ref. Thought he was one of the best we've had for a while. Think I need a stiff drink :facepalm:

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 05, 2016, 06:11:55 pm by Yorkiered »
We do that's for sure. What annoys me more than no the pitch is the fans. Just too defeatist and negative. We're in a fight so where's the fight?

Yes I agree. Why didn't a fan from the south stand head that ball clear from the corner when we gave another goal away. Or why didn't a fan from the west stand head that ball into the net at the away end when it was easier to score.  :facepalm: :facepalm:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 05, 2016, 06:13:17 pm by drfchound »
......and the 12 or 13 points we needed from 13 games and would easily get is now 12 or 13 points from 12 games.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 05, 2016, 06:14:00 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Yes I agree. Why didn't a fan from the south stand head that ball clear from the corner when we gave another goal away. Or why didn't a fan from the west stand head that ball into the net at the away end when it was easier to score.  :facepalm: :facepalm:

I loved the support for ats today and the chants about going down.  Other than that it was a morgue, I'm sure that helps the players.

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 05, 2016, 06:17:55 pm by phil o sophical »
......and the 12 or 13 points we needed from 13 games and would easily get is now 12 or 13 points from 12 games.

With the way our form is we are going to have to rely on other teams beating the one's around us

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 05, 2016, 06:22:17 pm by Lesonthewest »
They were without doubt the worst side I have seen this season, absolutely awful. We conjured up our usual gift & that was it. First half we were average with no cutting edge, second half we were garbage & yet again let a team boss us about & want it more. Our players look like they haven't the stomach for the fight. Oh for a couple players with a bit of leadership.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 05, 2016, 06:57:50 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Bang on Les. We've not had a mester in the squad since Jones got crocked and Brown left. Today was the logical conclusion of that.

First half was a mediocre performance against a woeful side. We looked like what we are. A bunch of average kids with a couple of average old heads. No one who is capable of imposing themselves and setting a standard.

That felt like the back end of 87/88, except the kids aren't as good as Deane, Rankine, Brevett and Raven.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 05, 2016, 07:10:14 pm by PDX_Rover »
I reckon we've bottomed out today. The only was is up. Just look at Barnsley.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 05, 2016, 07:16:34 pm by mjg »
£24 well spent notttttt and bloody freezing

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 05, 2016, 07:38:25 pm by Bentley Bullet »
We ripped them apart in the first half, but failed to score. I commented at half time that I've seen one sided games in the past when the team who have dominated go on to lose through a goal against play, and that this game is a prime example.

Although the goal against play occurred sooner than I thought it might, We continued being poor in front of goal, and other than Stewarts great effort hardly threatened their goal.

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 05, 2016, 07:40:24 pm by CrippyCooke »

I loved the support for ats today and the chants about going down.  Other than that it was a morgue, I'm sure that helps the players.

I'm sure the players are just generally shit rather than just being a bit upset about the noises from the crowd.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 05, 2016, 07:41:30 pm by normal rules »
Yet we give coppinger another year?????

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 05, 2016, 07:42:07 pm by RedJ »
Not really sure what that's got to do with today considering he wasn't even in the squad...

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 05, 2016, 07:45:39 pm by Donnybax »
Yet we give coppinger another year?????
we really missed him today. Like we have all through this horrible run

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 05, 2016, 08:08:36 pm by raggytash »
Let's give the board and Baldwin it at scunny!!! It's a sinking ship on a grand scale and those who support these clowns please have a think!!!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 05, 2016, 08:12:09 pm by dickos1 »
What a great idea!
You figured out the company's house website yet?

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 05, 2016, 08:13:39 pm by podrover73 »
Raggytash why don't you respond to your deluded post you posted originally

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 05, 2016, 08:25:00 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Raggytash
Speak for yourself.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 05, 2016, 08:26:59 pm by Donnywolf »
They were without doubt the worst side I have seen this season, absolutely awful. We conjured up our usual gift & that was it. First half we were average with no cutting edge, second half we were garbage & yet again let a team boss us about & want it more. Our players look like they haven't the stomach for the fight. Oh for a couple players with a bit of leadership.

Absolutely right - 100 %

When did we last lose to such a s*** side - and furthermore lose to a side so s*** that they did not have one shot on Target

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 05, 2016, 08:37:52 pm by raggytash »
People keeping having a pop at myself and a few others purely on the basis we speak our mind!!! We're all rovers fans and personally over 35 year... Many downs with a few ups!! I've done the torquays away on a Tuesday etc which makes me more loyal! All I'm saying is I've seen shite owners but I'm afraid these are amongst the worse, yes Richardson was a no go and Jr was IMO great for the club but financially wanting... The most annoying thing is we have a board who if????? Wanted success could do it! But it's clear they don't give a flying fk! So either put up or sell??  I think it's a reasonable situation to debate

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 05, 2016, 08:44:10 pm by ian1980 »
They are putting up. Every year to keep the club afloat. I don't get why you're finding that so hard to understand...

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 05, 2016, 08:45:47 pm by raggytash »
If they can't take us forward why not sell??

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 05, 2016, 08:47:44 pm by RedJ »
People keeping having a pop at myself and a few others purely on the basis we speak our mind!!!

No, it's because you spout shite and can't back up your claims, or change the goalposts or just plain ignore any evidence you're presented with when you're challenged.

They are putting up. Every year to keep the club afloat. I don't get why you're finding that so hard to understand...

He's choosing not to understand because he doesn't want it to be true because nasty Mr Bramall isn't John Ryan.

If they can't take us forward why not sell??

And sell to who? or do you have a mate with a few bob? :)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on March 05, 2016, 08:49:05 pm by dickos1 »
To who? Some sheikh?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 05, 2016, 08:53:13 pm by the vicar »
how do you think that will happen as we have got 3 points from last 9

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on March 05, 2016, 08:54:07 pm by PDX_Rover »
Let's have a crowdfunder. Or perhaps rope in a bunch of Irish conmen via a non existent hedge fund... It sounds so plausible....

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 05, 2016, 08:55:23 pm by Copps is Magic »
I think it's a reasonable situation to debate

If only you put one forward.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012