Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 04:17:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: How long will it be before Fergie walks out  (Read 29612 times)

les@donr

• Forum Member
Re: How long will it be before Fergie walks out
« Reply #90 on March 15, 2016, 06:59:25 pm by les@donr »
Having endured the Raven Inquisition. Now back on topic. DF has had 4 defeats on a row, who was the last Rovers manager to experience such a losing run? My guess is it has to be SOD?
If you thought that was an inquisition wait till I really get started :evil. I'll be getting the comfy chair and soft pillows out next.
I was questioning your negativity on this and a number of other topics recently and was asking what you were basing it on. No you don't have to justify yourself to me or any one else on the forum which is quite right. I'm just glad you haven't had to witness the disaster that this season is turning into 1st hand, who knows what you would have been posting if you had

Raven, I'll leave that to you. Talking of negativity, I've never used the word "disaster", could you care to explain?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on March 15, 2016, 08:15:02 pm by ravenrover »
A sudden or calamitous event that seriously affects the functioning of a community which can have human origins. Having actually witnessed the highs and lows of this season unfold I think it is fair to say that relegation would be disaster. I hope you don't just base your negativity on comments made on this or any other forum. I am more than happy to continue this inquisition but perhaps by personal message rather than the forum?

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on March 15, 2016, 10:17:36 pm by les@donr »
Raven, I've been there too, remember 1998. This season can't be any worse than that one.

Even if I can't be present I do follow every game and have a good idea on how we've, once you know the Rovers way, you cannot forget it.

My basis of this thread, is how much more beating can Fergie take, before he says enough is enough. From reading his own recent comments written in The Star, he is certainly feeling and showing the pressure of a very bad run. I guess time will tell.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on March 15, 2016, 10:24:45 pm by steve@dcfd »
How long will it be before Fergie walks out?

Let's all say he won't because we will be in league 1 at the end of the season.

On Saturday the eleven players on the field must prove they want this.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on March 15, 2016, 10:26:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Having endured the Raven Inquisition. Now back on topic. DF has had 4 defeats on a row, who was the last Rovers manager to experience such a losing run? My guess is it has to be SOD?

Dickov in April 2014 and December 2013.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on March 15, 2016, 10:28:34 pm by les@donr »

BST, I did seriously thought of Dickov, but I didn't think he had four defeats in a row. More likely a couple of defeats then a draw, and so on.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on March 15, 2016, 10:37:20 pm by steve@dcfd »

BST, I did seriously thought of Dickov, but I didn't think he had four defeats in a row. More likely a couple of defeats then a draw, and so on.

Unfortunately for DF the four defeats came in league 1 for PD and SOD it was in the Championship.

The common denominator is the worst midfield in 10 years, which he as made worst by the players he has brought in.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on March 16, 2016, 05:29:19 pm by i_ateallthepies »
How long will it be before Fergie walks out?

Let's all say he won't because we will be in league 1 at the end of the season.

On Saturday the eleven players on the field must prove they want this.

Surely, if they actually wanted this we wouldn't be in the position we find ourselves.  For that reason alone I really can't see why anyone believes it is likely to change.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on March 18, 2016, 10:19:26 pm by les@donr »
Maybe Saturday after a bad result against Peterboro, could be the last straw.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on March 19, 2016, 12:50:42 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Maybe Saturday after a bad result against Peterboro, could be the last straw.

It wouldn't solve anything at this stage Les, he will be stronger for it when he gets us to safety, i'm sure it's hit the managers confidence a touch, he hasn't become a terrible manager just because we have lost games.
Whereas when we built him up maybe too much when we were winning, he is getting knocked just as hard now he's losing, he is still the same manager probably doing the same things, it's just the results have gone the other way.
This is where we see how good his man management skills are, whether he can get players performing to their potential, repairing lost confidence, kicking ar..s with some, arm round the shoulder with others, all players are different what motivates them, this run will improve him.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on March 19, 2016, 02:19:54 pm by les@donr »
Sammy, I don't think Fergie is a terrible manager, but it might have lost what he had when he joined us, and will he ever get it back? He seems as desperate as his players and the club. The reality is we could be relegated, if we don't buck the current form we will be relegated. If he thinks he cannot get us out of the hole, I can see him walking, and Gavin Strachan given the job of Caretaker Manager.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on March 20, 2016, 08:37:10 pm by les@donr »
I can see him walking if we lose both the Easter fixtures to rival relegation candidates.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on March 20, 2016, 09:59:58 pm by RedJ »
You're f**king desperate for him to walk, aren't you?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on March 20, 2016, 10:23:21 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Even if we got Mourinho we'd still be shite. Let's let him build his own squad in the Summer whatever division were in.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on March 21, 2016, 10:36:50 am by les@donr »
Would you want to have fired Manager on you CV, or Resigned as Manager of Doncaster Rovers. I think Fergie would rather jump before he is pushed.

If we go down, I think the Board will not make the same mistake with Fergie as with Dickov, keeping a manager who had just relegated us. I think a new manager would come in pre-season.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on March 21, 2016, 10:40:00 am by NickDRFC »
The sack is so common these days, nobody is concerned about hiring managers who've been sacked from their last one, two, three jobs. If he resigned he wouldn't get a payout; there's no way he would do so.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on March 21, 2016, 10:45:47 am by les@donr »
The sack is so common these days, nobody is concerned about hiring managers who've been sacked from their last one, two, three jobs. If he resigned he wouldn't get a payout; there's no way he would do so.

Nick, a very good point, the question could be rephrased. Is Fergie sticking around for his payout, assuming he is going to get sacked, rather than doing the honourable thing for himself and DRFC, and resigning?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on March 21, 2016, 01:49:39 pm by ravenrover »
There's no honour or loyalty in football, with maybe an odd exception,  it's all about the money

PACMAN

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on March 21, 2016, 03:14:43 pm by PACMAN »
Even if we got Mourinho we'd still be shite. Let's let him build his own squad in the Summer whatever division were in.
Agreed, we are not historically a hire em, fire em club so give the guy a chance. It would have been easy for Barnsley to sack Lee Johnson during their horrendous run last year but their board held their nerve and I know he has now moved on but the club have been left in a much better state.
The ultimate example of not sacking working is of course Fergie Senior but lets gloss over that one shall we. Darren Ferguson IMHO knows what he wants and will get it and if that means taking a step back to take two or three forward so be it. He's not a clueless Dickov, far from it and if we stick with him I think we have some exciting times ahead (after this season)!! 

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on March 21, 2016, 11:55:38 pm by Sammy Chung was King »

Nick, a very good point, the question could be rephrased. Is Fergie sticking around for his payout, assuming he is going to get sacked, rather than doing the honourable thing for himself and DRFC, and resigning?

Our team at the minute is like a sinking rubber dingy, Ferguson has plenty of buckets but when he bales one side out, another leak appears!.
 He won't even be thinking of the sack as a manager you can't control that. He will be working hard on restoring confidence, encouraging building of team spirit and hopefully practising to iron out the wrinkles that are all over the team.

Every department of the team isn't functioning properly, the two strikers are as good as it gets in this league, but have measly goal return for the talent they have.
He has a midfield that no matter which combination he puts together can't control games. He has wingers not producing good crosses consistently.
 The central midfielders aren't getting on the ball and producing enough chances for the strikers, and none of them are getting beyond the strikers into the box.
We have problems at the back, not enough pace, defenders who can read a game, no dominance in the air. Defenders who get caught out positionally, and full backs who are standing off wingers letting them put crosses in, and also all the defenders are too easily beat.

We let far too many in from set pieces but have no threat when we go forward, with either a direct free kick or centre halves going up and chipping a goal in or two.
We have a goal keeper who is prone to rushes of blood. Slow around the area, reflexes let him down at times, not great on crosses, a keeper who hasn't any confidence in himself and his defence also feel same way about him.
 So if he hasn't enough to be going on with there there's something wrong. Being sacked i can't see him having much time to think about it!.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on March 22, 2016, 12:07:06 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Les

You don't get the football manager psyche do you?

He's not plotting an exit. He has a rock-solid belief in his own omnipotence. In his ability, even now, to justify my faith that we would finish top half this season.

He will be thinking.

a) We will not go down
b) If we do, it's not my fault, it's the squad I inherited.
c) Whichever league we are in next year, I will lead this club to promotion.

At least he'll be thinking that during the daytime. Maybe not at 3am...

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on March 22, 2016, 08:35:34 am by Yorkiered »
What is really worrying are all the comments regarding this not being his team and giving him the opportunity to build his own squad during the summer.
If his record of loan signings he has made whilst he has been with us are anything to go by, I fear the worst.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on March 22, 2016, 10:11:39 am by SydneyRover »
And if the next manager can't get a win?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on March 22, 2016, 02:36:42 pm by drfchound »
What is really worrying are all the comments regarding this not being his team and giving him the opportunity to build his own squad during the summer.
If his record of loan signings he has made whilst he has been with us are anything to go by, I fear the worst.

Agreed,  his signings have been very average and it doesn't matter that some players are Dickov signings, it is Fergie who sets the game plan and instructs them on what he wants to do.
I may be wrong but in the current team, Stuckman , Tyson,Williams, Evina, Butler and McCullough were all Divkov signings ( I think) and most of them would be in the team if we were picking it.
ATS probably wouldn't be in it.
Gooch and Grant(now gone), Lecygne, Allcock and Stewart were brought in by Fergie whilst Copps has been here for years and Lund and Mdcleton progressed through the ranks.
That is about it, so it is now far from being a case of Fergie being asked to work with a crap bunch of players signed by a previous manager.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on March 22, 2016, 08:46:42 pm by SydneyRover »
So 3 out of nine make it a team of DF's choosing?

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on March 22, 2016, 09:54:48 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Agreed, we are not historically a hire em, fire em club

U WOT M8?!

Historically we're probably the biggest "hire em and fire em" club in the Football League.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on March 22, 2016, 10:06:40 pm by Copps is Magic »
Before the 'modern' era definitely the case. I think when I looked at it last Paul Dickov was the 8th or 9th longest serving DRFC manager in history. Which tells you all you need to know.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 10:08:48 pm by Copps is Magic »

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on March 22, 2016, 10:27:40 pm by drfc1951 »
We went through a lot of managers in the Richardson era.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on March 23, 2016, 06:22:46 am by The Red Baron »
And in the Hubert Bates era. After Peter Doherty left, managers were lucky if they got more than one season.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on March 23, 2016, 08:51:46 pm by drfchound »
So 3 out of nine make it a team of DF's choosing?

You didn't read properly what I had written did you?
I said that Fergie hadn't been asked to work with a crap bunch of players signed by a previous manager given that six out of seven Dickov signings would probably be picked by most fans.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012