Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 06:12:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: How long will it be before Fergie walks out  (Read 29620 times)

Jenny

• VSC Member
Re: How long will it be before Fergie walks out
« Reply #30 on March 12, 2016, 06:34:07 pm by Jenny »
He won't walk. Why on earth would he? Get over it already!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 12, 2016, 06:46:00 pm by les@donr »
I can think of a lot of reasons why he would go and less as to why he should stay. He will come to a point where he will know he can do no more, and accept that the team is not good enough to stay in this division. I think then, he will walk. For what it's worth, I would be very surprised if the Board would sack him, after all they were very confident when they appointed him, that they had the right man to turnaround Rovers fortunes, it would look as if they had made a mistake in appointing him, if they were then to fire him.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 12, 2016, 06:52:06 pm by drfc1951 »
Why are you so obsessed with what Fergie might do.How the hell do you know what he thinks.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on March 12, 2016, 07:03:27 pm by dickos1 »
What are all these reasons why he would walk? I'm intrigued

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 12, 2016, 07:45:10 pm by wilts rover »
Its the end of his managerial career if he walks. He had the disaster at Preston and left Peterborough on the slide. This was his chance to renew and rebuild his career and walking away because the team he has prepared are having a bad run and he cant change it - who would employ him after that!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on March 12, 2016, 08:02:51 pm by Chris Black come back »
When has any manager in living memory ever "walked"? Managers have left to go to other (better) clubs or quit due to ill health, but does anybody just walk due to crap results? Just fantasy to think anyone, let alone someone like Ferguson who carries the weight of his dad's reputation on his shoulders, would do this.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 08:33:12 pm by Chris Black come back »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on March 12, 2016, 08:16:25 pm by Donnywolf »
I have a memory like a goldfish but there MUST be loads

Google led me to many such as this one :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34437620

There were lots of others who were not sick and who just "left" for no other Club in particular

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on March 12, 2016, 08:33:46 pm by The Red Baron »
Looks like Aitor Karanka is about to walk out of Middlesbrough. He's told the players he no longer wants to coach them!

Although I doubt Fergie will follow suit - at least before the end of the season.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on March 12, 2016, 11:31:59 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
You learn more as a manager when you are struggling, about yourself and the players.
 I think he got a touch arrogant like many of ourselves were when he came in and winning wasn't a problem. He made the same mistake we did he thought the job was near enough done, and he could let players go not in his plans, and have a look at players with a view to next season.
 The problem is we should have known better after the championship relegation, but he is an experienced manager, and i think if he was being truthful, though they were not in his plans, he would be thinking should i have held onto them until the summer?.

Many of us were not that bothered when he let these players go!, and what's happened is relegation, has slowly crept up on us, every season there is one team that gets dragged into a fight, when they looked safe.
When you start dismantling teams, you do have to get rid of them when you can, and the problem is he has been trying to clear the problems away for next season, and has just realised it's not over yet.
If you let vast experience go all at once like that, then usually you replace it, but when you are a manager who has come in to rebuild a side, you wouldn't want to be signing players that you don't want full time.

Experienced players will be wanting one or two year contracts, unless they don't have a club, they aren't going to want a few months contract.
 So he has taken a big gamble, to bring more potential energy and youth into the side, and hope the experience in there is sufficient.
It's a big call, we wanted a manager who made decisions, let's see if he is proven right in the end, as i suspect!.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on March 13, 2016, 03:36:40 am by godlike1 »
What concerns me is that the team have disappeared in every big derby or relegation game since Xmas. If we lie on sat then we are down and it's time to start shouting to sack the board

It's getting very close to questioning if the board are up to the task of running a football club and over the last 6 seasons or so it is looking v doubtful indeed

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on March 13, 2016, 06:04:16 am by les@donr »
When has any manager in living memory ever "walked"? Managers have left to go to other (better) clubs or quit due to ill health, but does anybody just walk due to crap results? Just fantasy to think anyone, let alone someone like Ferguson who carries the weight of his dad's reputation on his shoulders, would do this.

Chris, you've hit the nail on the head, DF has all along tried to live up to his dad's reputation and failed, not able to get from under the shadow he tries to try again and uses the Ferguson name to get him jobs which he would not have got without it. Now he might be seeing he cannot be his dad, he has to be himself, that might mean walking away from football management. Perhaps his experience at Rovers has just made that clear to him.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on March 13, 2016, 06:49:55 am by dickos1 »
I'm sorry but that maybe the most absurd post I've ever read on this forum,
How on earth do you know, that he's been trying to live up to his dad's reputation? How on earth do you know he has only got jobs because of his name?
Walk away from football because he can't be his dad?
Now I've read some shite on here but this is a cracker

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on March 13, 2016, 07:10:51 am by acko »
I wouldn't want fergie to walk out but I think hes got to tell the board back me or sack me,dont come out with the line our budget is as good as anybodys in this league because its not.If fergie should go theres people above him should go,3 seasons now all downhill with no sign it might stop.they have ruined the rugby club and well on the way to doing the same to the football club.When Richardson was here everyone new what he wanted what does the owners want now.As I said previously the chairmans rise to fame was to get a company ready for a buyout,maybe that's is job now because he certainly doesn't respond to the position the team and club are in.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on March 13, 2016, 07:22:43 am by dickos1 »
Ruined the rugby club, how have you come up with that one

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on March 13, 2016, 07:38:19 am by drfc1951 »
What concerns me is that the team have disappeared in every big derby or relegation game since Xmas. If we lie on sat then we are down and it's time to start shouting to sack the board

It's getting very close to questioning if the board are up to the task of running a football club and over the last 6 seasons or so it is looking v doubtful indeed

Who is going to sack the board?

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on March 13, 2016, 07:42:04 am by acko »
Under the same ownership dickos 1 win last season very good,same amount rovers have had this year

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on March 13, 2016, 08:10:17 am by dickos1 »
I know they are, but they haven't ruined them,
Dons fans are very excited about this season and they've got off to a terrific start

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on March 13, 2016, 08:18:06 am by The Red Baron »

Very true. How can you sack the board?

Unless you've got several millions spare and are willing to buy the club.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on March 13, 2016, 08:25:41 am by The Red Baron »
There are really only three reasons why a manager would walk out:

1. He had another job offer.
2. He had irreconcilable differences with significant people at the club.
3. He felt he had failed, or couldn't achieve any more with the resources available.

Neither of the first two seem to apply, and 3 would be only likely to happen in the aftermath of relegation. Quitting now would look awful and would reek of leaving a sinking ship.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on March 13, 2016, 09:21:57 am by godlike1 »

[/quote
The problem is that they think we're really happy with everything that they do

On the playing side they have done nothing over the last 6 seasons or so other than let the club go backwards

Very true. How can you sack the board?

Unless you've got several millions spare and are willing to buy the club.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on March 13, 2016, 09:57:59 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Is Ferguson going to walk out then?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on March 13, 2016, 10:05:10 am by dickos1 »
Over the last 6 seasons we have done nothing on the playing side?
You need to have a sit down and think

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on March 13, 2016, 11:32:34 am by ravenrover »

Chris, you've hit the nail on the head, DF has all along tried to live up to his dad's reputation and failed, not able to get from under the shadow he tries to try again and uses the Ferguson name to get him jobs which he would not have got without it. Now he might be seeing he cannot be his dad, he has to be himself, that might mean walking away from football management. Perhaps his experience at Rovers has just made that clear to him.
Just remind me Les, where abouts in the world you are? How many games have you actually seen this or even last season?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on March 13, 2016, 02:25:22 pm by MrFrost »
To all those who believe no one would buy the club, I understand Crawey have attracted a very wealthy new investor.

If they can, then what is stopping us? Maybe a new investor who could work with who is already there instead of necessarily replacing them?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on March 13, 2016, 02:49:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This new Crawley owner.

He's set the target of reaching Tier 2 in 8-10 years.

I'm sure you'd be cock-a-hoop with that ambition Frosty.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on March 13, 2016, 03:40:16 pm by MrFrost »
This new Crawley owner.

He's set the target of reaching Tier 2 in 8-10 years.

I'm sure you'd be cock-a-hoop with that ambition Frosty.

At least he has a target with a time frame.

What's ours?

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on March 13, 2016, 03:51:35 pm by Lesonthewest »
You learn more as a manager when you are struggling, about yourself and the players.
 I think he got a touch arrogant like many of ourselves were when he came in and winning wasn't a problem. He made the same mistake we did he thought the job was near enough done, and he could let players go not in his plans, and have a look at players with a view to next season.
 The problem is we should have known better after the championship relegation, but he is an experienced manager, and i think if he was being truthful, though they were not in his plans, he would be thinking should i have held onto them until the summer?.

Many of us were not that bothered when he let these players go!, and what's happened is relegation, has slowly crept up on us, every season there is one team that gets dragged into a fight, when they looked safe.
When you start dismantling teams, you do have to get rid of them when you can, and the problem is he has been trying to clear the problems away for next season, and has just realised it's not over yet.
If you let vast experience go all at once like that, then usually you replace it, but when you are a manager who has come in to rebuild a side, you wouldn't want to be signing players that you don't want full time.

Experienced players will be wanting one or two year contracts, unless they don't have a club, they aren't going to want a few months contract.
 So he has taken a big gamble, to bring more potential energy and youth into the side, and hope the experience in there is sufficient.
It's a big call, we wanted a manager who made decisions, let's see if he is proven right in the end, as i suspect!.

Great post, bang on the money for me.

Ronnie Dovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on March 13, 2016, 03:54:54 pm by Ronnie Dovers »

Absolutely hilarious, and who do we ask to sack the board? The board? But then who's left to hire the new board? And where do we get it from? The football club boardroom and owners transfer market which i have to assume must exist? But with our crap budget we would probably end up getting in a free transfer board with no experience wouldn't we?

Get a grip man.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on March 13, 2016, 04:09:26 pm by goalkick »
The magazine hedge fund monthly is where you look :rolleyes:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on March 13, 2016, 04:13:46 pm by RedJ »
Wot owner wud u get

TinyPortal © 2005-2012