Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 02:58:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: How long will it be before Fergie walks out  (Read 29616 times)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
Re: How long will it be before Fergie walks out
« Reply #60 on March 13, 2016, 04:30:01 pm by DearneValleyRover »
This new Crawley owner.

He's set the target of reaching Tier 2 in 8-10 years.

I'm sure you'd be cock-a-hoop with that ambition Frosty.

At least he has a target with a time frame.

What's ours?

Seven frosty

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on March 13, 2016, 04:40:16 pm by Chris Black come back »
Crawley guy is reasonable. Burton are going to be playing there next season and they are arguably no bigger and certainly no better established than Crawley. Whether he can actually get them up is another thing entirely, but they at least have a decent precedent.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on March 13, 2016, 04:48:52 pm by Filo »
I wouldn't want fergie to walk out but I think hes got to tell the board back me or sack me,dont come out with the line our budget is as good as anybodys in this league because its not.If fergie should go theres people above him should go,3 seasons now all downhill with no sign it might stop.they have ruined the rugby club and well on the way to doing the same to the football club.When Richardson was here everyone new what he wanted what does the owners want now.As I said previously the chairmans rise to fame was to get a company ready for a buyout,maybe that's is job now because he certainly doesn't respond to the position the team and club are in.

Aye, they're well and truely ruined, they won handsomely again today 😀😀😀

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on March 13, 2016, 04:58:50 pm by Chris Black come back »
I think the overall plan that the KM2 have is right but they need to understand that like any battle plan, it never survives entirely intact after the first clash with the enemy.

For the longer term sake of their plan and their own credibility (and pockets) they should fire out some short term cash to keep us up. One CB, one CM and one CF. Experienced rather than kids please.

Next season we go back to your plan again and hope it turns out better.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on March 13, 2016, 05:25:55 pm by The Red Baron »
How can we hope to sign three loan players when we already have four?

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on March 13, 2016, 05:30:26 pm by Dutch Uncle »
I suppose theoretically we could sign them, but only include 5 in each match day squad

Expensive and not a great signal to the current loan players and their clubs.

I am more interested how long Marosi is out for - do we need a backup keeper?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on March 13, 2016, 05:35:32 pm by The Red Baron »
I think Marosi should be fit next week.

With a bit of luck we've got Alcock and Coppinger coming back, although Grant may be out.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on March 13, 2016, 05:37:20 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Thanks TRB

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on March 13, 2016, 05:51:47 pm by bpoolrover »
Not sure it's expensive as I doubt very much we are paying much in wages for the loan players we have

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on March 13, 2016, 06:10:57 pm by Chris Black come back »
Folk don't seem to realise how desperate the situation is for us.

Sending some of our fringe loan players back to their home clubs, or keeping them, is not really a priority issue. Having players on the pitch who can keep us up, is the priority. The only way we can get these players is by paying fairly hefty sums for their loan services until May.

Some decent men in the mould of Tamas, Jones or Brown are what we need now. Our players were literally bouncing off Bradford players yesterday. We need proper blokes for these final dozen or so games. Get them in. Bugger the cost!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on March 13, 2016, 06:28:31 pm by ravenrover »
When has any manager in living memory ever "walked"? Managers have left to go to other (better) clubs or quit due to ill health, but does anybody just walk due to crap results? Just fantasy to think anyone, let alone someone like Ferguson who carries the weight of his dad's reputation on his shoulders, would do this.

Chris, you've hit the nail on the head, DF has all along tried to live up to his dad's reputation and failed, not able to get from under the shadow he tries to try again and uses the Ferguson name to get him jobs which he would not have got without it. Now he might be seeing he cannot be his dad, he has to be himself, that might mean walking away from football management. Perhaps his experience at Rovers has just made that clear to him.
Just remind me Les, where abouts in the world you are? How many games have you actually seen this or even last season?
Still waiting Les!

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on March 13, 2016, 06:50:20 pm by acko »
Dons supporters must be ecstatic filo,when were they  last  down as low in the rugby league ladder as they are now

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on March 13, 2016, 07:35:11 pm by RedJ »
 :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on March 13, 2016, 07:59:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Dons supporters must be ecstatic filo,when were they  last  down as low in the rugby league ladder as they are now

2012. Next question?

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on March 13, 2016, 08:27:18 pm by lee.j09 »
Why would he walk out of a job?

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on March 13, 2016, 08:34:32 pm by Mr1Croft »
If Fergie has learnt anything from his Dad, it would be to not give up when things seem bleak.

He could do with a Mark Robins soon...

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on March 13, 2016, 10:07:01 pm by les@donr »
When has any manager in living memory ever "walked"? Managers have left to go to other (better) clubs or quit due to ill health, but does anybody just walk due to crap results? Just fantasy to think anyone, let alone someone like Ferguson who carries the weight of his dad's reputation on his shoulders, would do this.

Chris, you've hit the nail on the head, DF has all along tried to live up to his dad's reputation and failed, not able to get from under the shadow he tries to try again and uses the Ferguson name to get him jobs which he would not have got without it. Now he might be seeing he cannot be his dad, he has to be himself, that might mean walking away from football management. Perhaps his experience at Rovers has just made that clear to him.
Just remind me Les, where abouts in the world you are? How many games have you actually seen this or even last season?
Still waiting Les!

Raven, my location has nothing to do with this discussion. There are many exiles on this board, who due to distance can or cannot attend games, it doesn't make them lesser a supporter. We have as much to add to the discussion to those who attend games week in week out. When I can get back to SY I do try and attend as many games as possible.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on March 13, 2016, 11:56:33 pm by dknward2 »
If Fergie has learnt anything from his Dad, it would be to not give up when things seem bleak.

He could do with a Mark Robins soon...

maybe it was Tyson but that may have kick started something. Fingers crossed for next weekend now

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on March 14, 2016, 12:35:57 am by Sammy Chung was King »
You never give up in football, one bounce of the ball going for you and you are back in the game, we will be alright, don't worry.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on March 14, 2016, 10:34:28 am by ravenrover »

Still waiting Les!

Raven, my location has nothing to do with this discussion. There are many exiles on this board, who due to distance can or cannot attend games, it doesn't make them lesser a supporter. We have as much to add to the discussion to those who attend games week in week out. When I can get back to SY I do try and attend as many games as possible.
So you are discussing this topic based on what?

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on March 14, 2016, 07:29:20 pm by les@donr »
Raven, I do not have to justify to you or anyone why and what I post on this forum.  I do not do that to others.

My views are my views, I can base them on detailed research or on a whim, that doesn't matter, neither should they to you.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 07:38:04 pm by les@donr »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on March 14, 2016, 07:58:18 pm by drfchound »
You never give up in football, one bounce of the ball going for you and you are back in the game, we will be alright, don't worry.

Someone or other has posted something similar every week for about five weeks now.
Nothing has changed.......well.....apart from the fact that we are even deeper in now than we were five weeks ago. :facepalm:

bally1950

« Reply #82 on March 14, 2016, 09:21:25 pm by bally1950 »
Not quite as deep as the hole they dug outside your house at the weekend. Bet you really are a happy hound

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on March 14, 2016, 09:56:13 pm by les@donr »
Having endured the Raven Inquisition. Now back on topic. DF has had 4 defeats on a row, who was the last Rovers manager to experience such a losing run? My guess is it has to be SOD?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on March 14, 2016, 10:16:33 pm by RedJ »
Possibly Saunders in 2011/12.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on March 14, 2016, 10:30:09 pm by les@donr »
I wonder if there is something about DF's style of management that rubs people the wrong way? He started well at Preston, then it went pear shape, and same on his return to Peterboro' and now at Rovers? Is he an abrasive man manager with the players? Maybe some no longer want to play for him, whereas when he first arrived all the players wanted to impress him and would play to their best, this is simply speculation on my part without any knowledge or evidence. However, there must be something seriously wrong going on with the team and management staff for us to be win-less since January 2nd.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on March 14, 2016, 10:58:42 pm by Dare to dream! »
I do wonder if Ferguson has lost some faith in his ability which is effecting his decison making? Also I wonder if some of the memories of Posh getting relegated on the last day are still lingering in his mind.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on March 15, 2016, 12:19:00 am by les@donr »
DD, I agree, also the point I was making is that there seems to be a similar pattern of Fergie's club management experience that has repeated itself on three occasions, I was simply asking the answer why?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on March 15, 2016, 07:30:02 am by Filo »

2012. Next question?

Thanks for that BST, I'm sure acko will have another misinformed straw to clutch at 😀

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on March 15, 2016, 10:56:10 am by ravenrover »
Having endured the Raven Inquisition. Now back on topic. DF has had 4 defeats on a row, who was the last Rovers manager to experience such a losing run? My guess is it has to be SOD?
If you thought that was an inquisition wait till I really get started :evil. I'll be getting the comfy chair and soft pillows out next.
I was questioning your negativity on this and a number of other topics recently and was asking what you were basing it on. No you don't have to justify yourself to me or any one else on the forum which is quite right. I'm just glad you haven't had to witness the disaster that this season is turning into 1st hand, who knows what you would have been posting if you had

TinyPortal © 2005-2012