Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 11:09:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Remi Matthews  (Read 11539 times)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Re: Remi Matthews
« Reply #30 on March 23, 2016, 11:32:19 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
What we have needed all season, genuine pressure on the goalkeeper position, personally i would start with him in the next game.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 24, 2016, 07:45:46 am by Yorkiered »
What we have needed all season, genuine pressure on the goalkeeper position, personally i would start with him in the next game.

Did I miss the announcement that we have actually signed him?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on March 24, 2016, 07:55:21 am by The Red Baron »
Won't be a done deal till today but very strongly hinted.

PS. He's just started following Rovers on Twitter!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 09:17:49 am by The Red Baron »

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on March 24, 2016, 09:28:56 am by The Red Baron »
He's already played at The Moat this season. He was in goal for Burton in the JPT tie in September. Made two League and four Cup appearances for Burton this season.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on March 24, 2016, 10:39:13 am by The Red Baron »
Signing now confirmed via Twitter

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 24, 2016, 11:07:41 am by Donnywolf »
and straight into team v cufc

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on March 24, 2016, 11:16:51 am by wing commander »
   That is a big statement as far as Stuckmans concerned as he has obviously been brought in to replace him till the end of the season..DF is basically telling him he's not good enough...This seems to be a equal split on the fan base with half thinking it's targeting the wrong area and half thinking its required...
    Personaly I'm in the former..We have far bigger problems than the goalkeeper..In truth I was delighted when DF became manager and it would have been my preferred choice...I now think I was wrong, for me he has made wrong team selections,formations and some god awful loan signings and doesn't seem to know how to put it right and this gives the impression he's clutching at straws....

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on March 24, 2016, 11:28:32 am by DonnyOsmond »
DF is good when he's got a decent team (which he will be capable of building) but isn't great in relegation situations. Hence why Peterborough were yo-yoing under him.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on March 24, 2016, 11:40:10 am by wing commander »
     He certainly doesn't seem to know how to get much out of this squad of players which in truth shouldn't be anywhere near the position we find ourselves...The losing run we are on is just beyond belief and if he would have been at most other lower league club he would have been sacked by now especially with the players we have...
     In a very poor standard of opposition this year our defence has been god awful,We gift goals for fun EVERY game..Yet it seems the area he's less concerned about as apart from a very very average player in Allcock weve not changed it much at all...Its too late to change much now but wether we survive or not do fans have confidence he can change our fortune next year...I have to admit I don't and would sack him in the summer regardless but we wont....

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on March 24, 2016, 11:52:10 am by DRNaith »
I really like Stucky and think he's a good keeper, but I think DF requires a different style of keeper.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on March 24, 2016, 11:57:37 am by Filo »
It seems when the pressure is on Stucky can't handle it, I wonder if thats why Preston ditched him for Johnstone when they were in a good position in the league?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on March 24, 2016, 12:29:37 pm by wing commander »
     to counter that argument weve got players like ATS who don't seem to handle it wether the pressures on or off,Middleton who seems to have gone backwards since his contract,The same with Evina and the overated Mculloch yet they seem to be untouched by the managers wrath...Like I said before we could have Joe Hart in goal but if we look like we are going to give a free header/chance away everytime the opposition cross the halfway line then it matters not!!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on March 24, 2016, 12:34:49 pm by The Red Baron »
If our goalkeeper had performed better we wouldn't have conceded either of the two goals we did last Saturday.

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on March 24, 2016, 12:38:57 pm by Donny Viking »
Think matthews will have been brought in to back up for Stucky as DF doesn't fancy any of other Keepers. And if he has another game like last Sat, then he has an option to replace. All players have off games, unfortunately for us his came in a game we otherwise would have won, lets hope Stucky recovers - he has been one of our better players this season, lets not forget the games he has kept us in.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on March 24, 2016, 12:45:54 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The bottom line is we can't afford players who underperform when the chips are down.

You can only assume DF seeing players on a daily basis makes a judgement whether to act quickly or defer things.

In this instance, he has acted quickly. ATS on the other hand seemed to be letting us down but, put in his best performance last Saturday, so maybe DF got that one right also.

Copps return. Tommy Rowe,  McSheffrey and the keeper could be enough to turn things around.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on March 24, 2016, 12:46:56 pm by wing commander »
Nope Viking it says on the official site he is making his debut next match,that indicates Stuckman is replaced!!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on March 24, 2016, 12:48:33 pm by wing commander »
If our goalkeeper had performed better we wouldn't have conceded either of the two goals we did last Saturday.

I don't dispute that Baron it cost us the game..Goalkeeping mistakes do...I just think there are 6-7 other players that are getting regular game times that have cost us a lot more points over the season than the big german!!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on March 24, 2016, 12:54:30 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Nope Viking it says on the official site he is making his debut next match,that indicates Stuckman is replaced!!

Don't know if its changed but it says  "eligible to play"   now

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on March 24, 2016, 12:57:21 pm by wing commander »
   Interesting...it definetley said "will make his debut" when it was announced...unless my mince pies and last nights cheeky vodka are deceiving me...lol

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on March 24, 2016, 01:10:46 pm by RoversAlias »
It said as much on the Facebook post announcing the signing, so don't write off your mental faculties just yet! Said something like "and will make his debut at Colchester tomorrow".

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on March 24, 2016, 01:19:31 pm by podrover73 »
It said as much on the Facebook post announcing the signing, so don't write off your mental faculties just yet! Said something like "and will make his debut at Colchester tomorrow".
We have had several goalkeeper coaches lately and they all seem to coach the keepers to stay on their line and not commit to attempt to catch a ball.
I can understand that option when we had Sullivan in goal or when we have McCombe and Jones to defend but Stuckman is 6ft 6  and should command his area.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on March 24, 2016, 01:46:07 pm by Al4475 »
Thing is goalies are integral to how teams play more than ever nowadays. It doesn't bother me whether or not the keeper commands his area, his six yard box or stays rooted to his line! Each gk has their own strengths - for a defence to work effectively the gk becomes part of that little team - if the players around him know what he's best at (or his weaknesses) they should all adapt as a unit! If he ain't coming to claim crosses on the edge of his box - the other members of that unit need to deal with it! If he's happiest commanding six-yard box/goal line they unit should adapt to that! If his shot-stopping is ace - let him see the ball! If he's better playing it short come to him to receive it and play to his strengths! If a striker likes it long teams adapt their play to suit it therefore if a keeper don't like exposing himself on the other side of the peno spot then make sure someone is there to cope with that approach! Gk and def have to be one unit - that's where I think we struggle!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on March 24, 2016, 01:54:17 pm by Donnywolf »
   Interesting...it definetley said "will make his debut" when it was announced...unless my mince pies and last nights cheeky vodka are deceiving me...lol

I posted it earlier having read it rather than making it up !

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on March 24, 2016, 01:58:02 pm by Al4475 »
Stucky's strengths are shot- stopping and dealing with one-on-ones so let him do that and deal with his development areas as a unit!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on March 24, 2016, 01:59:17 pm by Donnywolf »

I posted it earlier having read it rather than making it up !

Still on Twitter as follows :

Doncaster Rovers FC ‏@drfc_official  · 3 hrs3 hours ago 

CONFIRMED: Matthews signs until the end of the season & will make his debut tomorrow http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/canaries-goalkeeper-joins-3024015.aspx … #drfc

mattco

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on March 24, 2016, 02:13:37 pm by mattco »
Interesting last Saturday to see Peterboro keeper throwing ball out most times to set up attacking moves. When the keeper kicks ball upfield it's 50/50 which team wins the ball.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on March 24, 2016, 02:16:15 pm by Donnywolf »
When our Keepers (the last few at least) kick it rather than throw it  - it is abut 502/50 that it even lands in play  :evil:

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on March 24, 2016, 02:21:31 pm by Lincoln Rover »
I'm sure I'm not the  only one who has noticed when Stucky doesn't bowl the ball out to a defender then DF becomes very animated.
Sometimes I can't blame Stucky for that as the full backs are marked.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on March 24, 2016, 02:25:21 pm by wing commander »
    To be fair,who in their right mind would trust our defenders with the ball at their feet.....

TinyPortal © 2005-2012