Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 08:44:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: ATS  (Read 6330 times)

barnbydunbill

• Forum Member
ATS
« on April 16, 2016, 07:40:10 pm by barnbydunbill »
Is it just a coincidence that with him off the pitch we looked more composed and actually played with passion. Time to give him a rest until next millennium. Great peno from Williams by the way.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

keith79

• Forum Member
Re: ATS
« Reply #1 on April 16, 2016, 07:43:46 pm by keith79 »
We could make a team up with amount of players that are shit. I will ad Lewis guy. Curtis main and ats.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 16, 2016, 07:44:50 pm by drfchound »
Funny how people see thing differently.
A bloke behind me was berating Evina all second half and asking why ATS had been hooked.

As for the pen, did anyone else notice how Williams was telling the physio to go back off because if he treated MaCSheff  he (McSheff) would have had to go off.
That kind of indicated that McS was the appointed pen taker.
I was hoping AW would smash it down the middle instead of side ooting into the corner.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 16, 2016, 07:56:38 pm by Copps is Magic »
I think saying ATS needs a rest is a very polite way of putting it. He had that one good game a few weeks back but today again he was a couple of yards and thinking off the pace of any other player on the pitch.

Did find it funny when Wabara came on, 30 seconds in and he was already out of position while Evina was tearing it down the wing.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 16, 2016, 08:49:20 pm by RedJ »
He needs firing into space, ATS.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 16, 2016, 08:59:31 pm by Donnywolf »
He needs firing into space, ATS.

Poor old Tim Peake ... what has he done wrong !

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 16, 2016, 09:05:42 pm by RedJ »
At least he wouldn't get in Peake's way...

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 16, 2016, 09:06:04 pm by bedale rover »
I don't get the anti ATS feeling on here
Don't think he is that bad

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 16, 2016, 09:07:04 pm by roversdude »
Bedale .....seriously

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 16, 2016, 09:13:38 pm by drfchound »
Well Curtis has gone so someone has to take the flak.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 16, 2016, 09:15:23 pm by Copps is Magic »
Bedale, genuinely intrigued what standard you are comparing him to. Not bad relative to what exactly?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 16, 2016, 10:01:01 pm by steve@dcfd »
We've not had a good left back since Gareth Roberts left. Husband as been best of the rest but still not good enough.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 16, 2016, 10:03:20 pm by Retdon1 »
We've not had a good left back since Gareth Roberts left. Husband as been best of the rest but still not good enough.

George friend, Tommy spurr ??????

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 16, 2016, 10:18:25 pm by Chris Black come back »
Spurr was a good player. Different player to Roberts but still good.

Friend was not good at left back. Not good at all. Much better at centre back.

Husband promising but unclear when he left whether he was full back or wing back. Often horrific distribution though.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 16, 2016, 11:49:03 pm by Sammy Chung was King »

Roberts one side, O'Connor the other what a pair of full backs they were. We have had a lot of strong players especially at left back over the years.
I don't think our present one's are anywhere near the standard we have had in the past.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 17, 2016, 10:03:20 am by RoversAlias »
Hands down the worst player in this fairly shit squad. He is a joke, cannot do rudimentary things. He failed shortly after their goal (which he was certainly at fault for...again) to even stand upright and kick the ball, falling flat on his arse in his own penalty area trying to kick it.

Nightmare player,  Evina was far better when he came on and contributed to many attacking moves. If I never see ATS on the pitch again it will be too soon.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 17, 2016, 10:30:36 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Yeah. Haven't had a decent inside forrad since Alick retired either.

Dum-de-dum...

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 17, 2016, 10:40:36 am by GazLaz »
Evina is better than ATS.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 17, 2016, 11:13:26 am by Chris Black come back »
Hands down the worst player in this fairly shit squad. He is a joke, cannot do rudimentary things. He failed shortly after their goal (which he was certainly at fault for...again) to even stand upright and kick the ball, falling flat on his arse in his own penalty area trying to kick it.

Nightmare player,  Evina was far better when he came on and contributed to many attacking moves. If I never see ATS on the pitch again it will be too soon.

I'm still not clear where you stand on the ATS debate?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 17, 2016, 11:44:06 am by RedJ »
Evina is better than ATS.

You're probably better than ATS.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 17, 2016, 11:52:41 am by RoversAlias »

I'm still not clear where you stand on the ATS debate?

I wouldn't let him change my tyres put it that way  :P

Loved the second half performance from us yesterday, we defended resolutely throughout as the pundits might say.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 17, 2016, 01:20:08 pm by Padge_DRFC »

Tommy Spurr was 10 ten times better than Gareth Roberts and the best lb I've seen play for us.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 17, 2016, 01:44:18 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I know it's about opinions but for an all round game I thought Gareth Roberts was better than spurr. Spurr was one paced and very often checked back when he had space in front of him.

I remember Gareth getting a roasting off Jermaine Johnson v Derby at BV but Gareth adapted and Johnson hardly had a kick in the 2nd half. We came back to 3-3.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 17, 2016, 01:57:26 pm by graingrover »
Again ... it is more a confidence issue . For example ... away at both Balckpool and Cambridge he was dominant in defence and surged forward often to give momentum to our attack . Slowly but surely that self assurance has ebbed and now dried up .

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 17, 2016, 03:11:35 pm by Red wizard »
I know it's about opinions but for an all round game I thought Gareth Roberts was better than spurr. Spurr was one paced and very often checked back when he had space in front of him.

I remember Gareth getting a roasting off Jermaine Johnson v Derby at BV but Gareth adapted and Johnson hardly had a kick in the 2nd half. We came back to 3-3.
Think it was Bradford.

bally1950

« Reply #25 on April 17, 2016, 04:05:50 pm by bally1950 »
Funny how people see thing differently.
A bloke behind me was berating Evina all second half and asking why ATS had been hooked.

As for the pen, did anyone else notice how Williams was telling the physio to go back off because if he treated MaCSheff  he (McSheff) would have had to go off.
That kind of indicated that McS was the appointed pen taker.
I was hoping AW would smash it down the middle instead of side ooting into the corner.

Yes Hound. The keeper did go the way that Williams usually places them too. A very well taken penalty I say.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 17, 2016, 04:20:47 pm by Lincoln Rover »
I can't help but notice that DF is always telling ATS where to go what to do etc. He was fuming at him yesterday as he simply lost concentration allowed the ball to be slipped inside leaving him trailing in their wingers wake.
He simply switches off or decides to leave his defensive duties for a best a 40/60 ball, then is left in a different post code when our defence needs him.
At this moment in time he would by my free transfer to Frickley

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 17, 2016, 04:33:22 pm by Retdon1 »
He should of been dropped months ago. He's just not a very good footballer, unfortunately he's got 1 more year left on his contract

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 17, 2016, 04:40:07 pm by Donnywolf »
IAt this moment in time he would by my free transfer to Frickley

As a Cornet Player for Frickley Colliery Band I hope !

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 17, 2016, 06:29:18 pm by stuey »
Again ... it is more a confidence issue . For example ... away at both Balckpool and Cambridge he was dominant in defence and surged forward often to give momentum to our attack . Slowly but surely that self assurance has ebbed and now dried up .

I disagree, if he was playing well, then his form started to dip as our results dipped, then I'd agree. But he's been bad all season, with the occasional half decent (by his standards) game. Nothing to do with confidence, he's just shit.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012