Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 07:00:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Ferguson Thread  (Read 8522 times)

grayx

• Forum Member
Re: The Ferguson Thread
« Reply #30 on April 30, 2016, 09:25:50 pm by grayx »
I'm struggling to believe the number of "stay" votes coming through. Who could actually do a worse job?
Apart from Dickov obviously.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 30, 2016, 10:00:40 pm by Scooter »
Stay.
Available managers are either shit or unproven

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 30, 2016, 10:10:57 pm by Not Now Kato »
Stay.
Available managers are either shit or unproven

Well, at least Ferguson is just shit then.

JBRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 30, 2016, 10:14:25 pm by JBRover »
Go, he's proved what he can do, get us relegated and failed to prop up the piss poor defence. Instead, he continued with midfield kids from elsewhere who were no better than we already had, what a waste. And finally, brought a rookie goalkeeper in to replace our best goalkeeper in quite a few years DOH. Get rid, useless & clueless.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 08:04:33 am by JBRover »

richtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 30, 2016, 10:20:23 pm by richtherover »
One question. Is there another club in the league who would keep him on after such a disastrous time in charge, seriously believing that he is the one to take them forward? Please save us more embarrassment and walk away now.
RTID

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 30, 2016, 10:22:40 pm by StocktonRover »
Stay
Let him build his squad

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 30, 2016, 10:32:44 pm by drfchound »
Go.
DF has failed and one of the worst runs in our history is his legacy to us.

Hounslowrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on May 01, 2016, 07:26:39 am by Hounslowrover »
Stay.
He's been here before and successfully.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 01, 2016, 08:19:31 am by MrFrost »
Stay.
With large sums of money for signings

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 01, 2016, 08:21:25 am by Sad-Rovers »
Stay. Proven track record and been lumbered with some of the most spineless and characterlacking players I've seen at Rovers.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 01, 2016, 08:25:15 am by mushRTID »
I'm 50/50.

Based on this season I'd say go. Far too ruthless with the squad, stubborn, blaming players, refusing to strengthen the worst defence for years. His man management (Stuckman anyone?) to me was a big factor in the winless run. Why would a player warm to that style?

However, he has made some good signings and at times we've looked good and maybe he should get a pre season. I do get the feeling he could bring us back up, he certainly owes us.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 01, 2016, 08:27:42 am by Nudga »
Go.
lost a lot of fans support so wouldn't take long for it to go pear shaped again next season if we have a blip.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 01, 2016, 08:28:09 am by MrFrost »
Stay. Proven track record and been lumbered with some of the most spineless and characterlacking players I've seen at Rovers.

Like I've said he's done well when he's had money to dish out on signings

He won't get that here. He will have to scour free signings and loans. We couldn't even bring the kid in from Ilkestone.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on May 01, 2016, 08:28:36 am by Lincoln Rover »
Stay.

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on May 01, 2016, 08:47:48 am by RTID75 »
Stay. Has to get a chance with his own players with a full pre season.

We'd be in exactly the same situation with a new manager and we'd have less pull for a decent candidate in L2 so I feel that there's next to no point in changing now.

As mentioned though, expectations will rightly be through the roof as he owes us big time.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 08:50:24 am by RTID75 »

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 01, 2016, 08:49:53 am by esdailles left foot »
ATS is not a footballer
Abandoned your footballing principles and still failed

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on May 01, 2016, 08:53:43 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'm 50/50.

Based on this season I'd say go. Far too ruthless with the squad, stubborn, blaming players, refusing to strengthen the worst defence for years. His man management (Stuckman anyone?) to me was a big factor in the winless run. Why would a player warm to that style?

However, he has made some good signings and at times we've looked good and maybe he should get a pre season. I do get the feeling he could bring us back up, he certainly owes us.

This sums it up quite well for me. I'm swinging more towards go, but it's not all terrible with him is it? The people management problems and the lack of correct tactics at times are a problem.

The run can't be excused and for that he has little excuse.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on May 01, 2016, 09:06:18 am by dickos1 »
Stay.

Where do you get this blank cheque book nonsense from?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on May 01, 2016, 09:07:21 am by MrFrost »
Stay.

He was shelling out more than a million for goalkeepers when he was at Peterborough

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on May 01, 2016, 09:12:57 am by dickos1 »
In 2008 when they got promoted I don't recall them spending silly money,
Also Gary Johnson failed there and they re appointed Ferguson who immediately got them from the lower reaches of the table to get promoted, now I'm pretty sure he would've been working with the same budget as Johnson

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on May 01, 2016, 09:24:55 am by Filo »
50/50 for me, probably leaning towards stay, his CV has taken a bashing and he'll want to put that right, who else would come to L2 thats got as good a record as him. He knows he's got some shite and relegation clauses might give him the chance to clear some shite out. This could be a blank canvass for him, ask again around Christmas

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on May 01, 2016, 09:34:27 am by BigH »
Heart says go. He's as culpable for this shambles as anyone.

Head, bizarrely, says stay. Going into next season we will need some continuity. Don't think for a minute that changing the manager and turning over 75% of the squad will guarantee an improvement. It could be quite the reverse.

I have to say that when they scored their first yesterday I did have a degree of sympathy for Ferguson. You can't legislate for players screwing up in the way that Evina did.

I've seen enough in the last half a dozen games to think that Ferguson could do something IF he got the right players in over the summer. That's a big IF as relegation has just made it twice as hard. However, I don't see another manager out there of any pedigree who would come to Rovers, sweep through the squad and develop a brand of winning football in the space of half a season on a L2 budget. 

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on May 01, 2016, 09:54:22 am by drfc1951 »
If he went who could we realisticly appoint.Would we try and get a proven manager,or a rookie from non league.I was thinking about the guy who has just left Forest Green.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on May 01, 2016, 01:50:38 pm by ravenrover »
Just a thought, but could lack of finance be the excuse he needs to walk? Promises would have been made in discussions before he was appointed so now there is going to be a  reduced amount available to him, you would think, after relegation this could be the opportunity for him to save some face. Just a thought.
Realistically he won't walk why would you in his position, just wait for the P45 and a year's salary.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on May 01, 2016, 04:43:15 pm by Lesonthewest »
Stay.

He was shelling out more than a million for goalkeepers when he was at Peterborough

He made a couple of big signings, but there were a lot that weren't.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on May 01, 2016, 05:07:54 pm by Draytonian III »
Go ,in fact should have gone  before Easter. The most successful British manager never played with wing backs , but our manager did and it failed miserably, perhaps he should have asked for some advice

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on May 01, 2016, 05:26:03 pm by Lesonthewest »

He won't get that here. He will have to scour free signings and loans. We couldn't even bring the kid in from Ilkestone.

When he took over at Peterborough in January 2007 he guided them to 10th in League 2, in his first FULL season (as he should get here in my opinion), they were promoted in 2nd place, he made something like 11 signings, of those he paid money for 3 apart from a couple of undisclosed from non league.

hamiltonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on May 01, 2016, 06:17:29 pm by hamiltonrover »
Stay, let him rebuild.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on May 01, 2016, 06:36:23 pm by Retdon1 »
Give him a full pre season and chance to build his own team

We have played decent football under him when he's got it right. (The run when he 1st took over and Wigan, cov games more recently)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on May 01, 2016, 06:42:36 pm by dickos1 »

When he took over at Peterborough in January 2007 he guided them to 10th in League 2, in his first FULL season (as he should get here in my opinion), they were promoted in 2nd place, he made something like 11 signings, of those he paid money for 3 apart from a couple of undisclosed from non league.

Frosty doesn't worry about facts

TinyPortal © 2005-2012