Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 05:48:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 900 season tickets sold  (Read 15602 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
900 season tickets sold
« on May 07, 2016, 10:21:53 am by MrFrost »
So far, according to a member of the ticket office staff.

Thoughts?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

vaya

• Forum Member
Re: 900 season tickets sold
« Reply #1 on May 07, 2016, 10:24:59 am by vaya »

Thoughts?

901 if you'd bought yours?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 07, 2016, 10:26:58 am by The Red Baron »
If that's an accurate number then I dare say there are a number of factors.

1. Not knowing which division we will be in.
2. Extension of the Early Bird and the possibility that there will be no price increase after next Monday anyway.
3. Match day prices not yet announced.

I've got mine though.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 07, 2016, 10:27:04 am by MrFrost »

Thoughts?

yep and probably a lot more had we not turned into an utter shambles

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 07, 2016, 01:38:59 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Thoughts?

Rovers when we're winning aren't they???

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 07, 2016, 01:41:14 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
It's not all bad. I'm getting my first season ticket in a while after having a barren run of the past 5/6 years due to work etc. Up the reds.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 07, 2016, 01:52:53 pm by jonnydog »

Thoughts?

I don't agree with that "Rovers when we're winning" culture. Sure, there will be some however, I've not renewed mine (which I've done ever since we went into the conference).

But after the last 2 season where the performances have been a shambles, the football not entertaining, and the passion heavily diluted both on and off the field, I'm certainly not rushing to renew mine... If at all!!

The fact is it is a hell of a lot of money to shell out for people to watch League 2 football of a standard that I can watch on a Sunday at local field. I'm still Rovers through and through. But with a little 'un expected in October I'm finding it difficult to justify £360. I still might, don't get me wrong, but there's more to life than Rovers, especially when I've left nearly 80% of matches over the last 2-3 years feeling pissed off, deflated and not entertained.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 01:54:56 pm by jonnydog »

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 07, 2016, 01:55:38 pm by goalkick »
Whoever in the ticket office told whoever is not honing to be very popular at the club. :rolleyes:

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 07, 2016, 01:57:14 pm by goalkick »
Should read going.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 07, 2016, 02:39:31 pm by adamtherover »
Make that 903, renewed this morning.. can't argue at 13 quid a game..

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 07, 2016, 04:07:43 pm by glosterred »
Make that 903, renewed this morning.. can't argue at 13 quid a game..

Did you turn up on the right day to do it? 😉

COYR

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 07, 2016, 06:20:33 pm by knockers »
A season ticket is not really a lot of money though is it Jonnydog. Buy the ticket, support your team and enjoy the ride.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 07, 2016, 06:23:51 pm by MrFrost »

Thoughts?

Didn't you sack off the pivotal game at Crewe to see a gig instead?

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 07, 2016, 06:53:03 pm by LincsRover »
Truth is I think we'll be fighting for promotion next season; it won't be easy, it won't be pretty, but I think we'll do it. If we're up there from the start and winning games then we'll sell more seats. I've bought mine & my mums as usual as i believe the club needs support more than if we were flying high, but I'm in the privileged position that I can afford to. Not everyone can, and I don't blame them for not renewing, but, and I'm hoping above hope, that we do better next season then they'll be back! RTID!
 :scarf:

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 07, 2016, 07:29:01 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Truth is I think we'll be fighting for promotion next season; it won't be easy, it won't be pretty, but I think we'll do it. If we're up there from the start and winning games then we'll sell more seats. I've bought mine & my mums as usual as i believe the club needs support more than if we were flying high, but I'm in the privileged position that I can afford to. Not everyone can, and I don't blame them for not renewing, but, and I'm hoping above hope, that we do better next season then they'll be back! RTID!

How can you possibly say that? You've got no idea who is going to be playing for us.
Were allegedly getting rid of 8 players. We may bring 8 youth team players in or 8 from none league to replace them (couldn't be any worse than the crap we've had this season) so how you can think we'll be fighting for promotion I don't know.

I've bought my season ticket. 2 reasons: 1) I've just started working 9-5 Monday to Friday again and 2) I'm an old b*****d now so got it for £284. Otherwise they could have stuck it where the sun don't shine
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 07:31:22 pm by mrfrostsdad »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 07, 2016, 07:34:46 pm by ravenrover »
And yet again Mr F throws in a hand grenade and everybody re-acts. "Someone" told me we had sold 10,000 tickets ................ now I admit that is utter bo!!ocks, I made ithat bit up.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 07, 2016, 08:06:44 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
900 - suspiciously round number, erring away from the too obvious 1000, but making a point of being less than the 4 figures. Meaningless thread.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 07, 2016, 08:13:42 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Thoughts?

Didn't you sack off the pivotal game at Crewe to see a gig instead?

Aye I did because I had plans not because we're rubbish, I probably won't make it tomorrow either.  It's a lot different to packing it off until we're good again like some are though. 

I'm daft mind, I've got my season ticket for next year and I already know I'll miss plenty of games.  I've no massive objection to people having other priorities that's fine.  But giving it up because we've been rubbish is a different matter.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 07, 2016, 08:15:00 pm by LincsRover »

How can you possibly say that? You've got no idea who is going to be playing for us.
Were allegedly getting rid of 8 players. We may bring 8 youth team players in or 8 from none league to replace them (couldn't be any worse than the crap we've had this season) so how you can think we'll be fighting for promotion I don't know.

I've bought my season ticket. 2 reasons: 1) I've just started working 9-5 Monday to Friday again and 2) I'm an old b*****d now so got it for £284. Otherwise they could have stuck it where the sun don't shine

The clue is in the words I use - "I think we'll be fighting for promotion" - I repeat "I think"! Maybe I should use "I hope" rather than "I think" and maybe I'll be completely wrong, but we all have opinions, and that, rather mundanely is why I said it! Yes, some of us have rose tinted glasses, others have sh*t tinted glasses - all I know us that mine smell nicer and give me hope rather than fill me with despair. Try it some time, it helps to lift the spirit and stops us being miserable tw*ts - well it does me anyway! But that's just my opinion as well, and what the f*ck do I know?!.
 :cold:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 07, 2016, 08:24:41 pm by MrFrost »
900 - suspiciously round number, erring away from the too obvious 1000, but making a point of being less than the 4 figures. Meaningless thread.

That meaningless you decided to comment on it.

I'm curious to see how many season tickets people think we will sell.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 08:37:54 pm by MrFrost »

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 07, 2016, 08:28:26 pm by Iberian Red »

I'm curious to see how many season tickets people think he will sell.

Any chance of someone translating that?

Who is he?

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 07, 2016, 09:05:38 pm by raggytash »
917 as off 5pm tonight and that's including kids oaps etc???

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 07, 2016, 09:17:06 pm by vaya »

918. Got the unicorn one.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 07, 2016, 09:36:57 pm by IDM »

Why are you so curious?

We may well sell less, folks are pissed off with relegation.  We may get a boost of sales when we see what players we bring in, or if we win our first few games.

Yes low attendances will be disappointing, however it is what it is.  No point trying to fight reality or make a big issue out of it.

Go along and enjoy the game, if you can afford to, and if you want to (that's to anyone not just you) - and if you don't go for whatever reason, that's fine too - the world will keep on spinning!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 07, 2016, 10:15:06 pm by MrFrost »

Why are you so curious?

We may well sell less, folks are pissed off with relegation.  We may get a boost of sales when we see what players we bring in, or if we win our first few games.

Yes low attendances will be disappointing, however it is what it is.  No point trying to fight reality or make a big issue out of it.

Go along and enjoy the game, if you can afford to, and if you want to (that's to anyone not just you) - and if you don't go for whatever reason, that's fine too - the world will keep on spinning!

Well to me it matters. Not least because it will dictate the kind of budget we have for next season.

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 07, 2016, 10:15:15 pm by scaley back rover »

Does that include the pigeons?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 07, 2016, 10:33:43 pm by dickos1 »

How can someone make a positive prediction? God forbid
Not knowing who is going to be playing for us doesn't matter when it comes to you and your son making end of the world predictions

A very contradictive post

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 07, 2016, 11:03:13 pm by vaya »

They got theirs under the early bird.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on May 08, 2016, 01:33:14 am by jonnydog »

They got theirs under the early bird.

Really?! I'd heard they put it on their bill!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on May 08, 2016, 02:29:18 am by PDX_Rover »
Bit of a coo that, then.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012