Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 05:05:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 900 season tickets sold  (Read 15598 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: 900 season tickets sold
« Reply #30 on May 08, 2016, 08:20:23 am by silent majority »
900 - suspiciously round number, erring away from the too obvious 1000, but making a point of being less than the 4 figures. Meaningless thread.

That meaningless you decided to comment on it.

I'm curious to see how many season tickets people think we will sell.

A damn sight more than than that made up figure of yours.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 08, 2016, 08:31:55 am by MrFrost »
900 - suspiciously round number, erring away from the too obvious 1000, but making a point of being less than the 4 figures. Meaningless thread.

Made up? Ok. I suggest you have a word with the ticket office then.

What's the figure you have? And evidence to support it?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 08, 2016, 09:11:15 am by bobjimwilly »

Why are you so curious?

We may well sell less, folks are pissed off with relegation.  We may get a boost of sales when we see what players we bring in, or if we win our first few games.

Yes low attendances will be disappointing, however it is what it is.  No point trying to fight reality or make a big issue out of it.

Go along and enjoy the game, if you can afford to, and if you want to (that's to anyone not just you) - and if you don't go for whatever reason, that's fine too - the world will keep on spinning!

Well to me it matters. Not least because it will dictate the kind of budget we have for next season.

Presuming you've got one (at last) for next season?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 08, 2016, 09:13:34 am by MrFrost »

Why are you so curious?

We may well sell less, folks are pissed off with relegation.  We may get a boost of sales when we see what players we bring in, or if we win our first few games.

Yes low attendances will be disappointing, however it is what it is.  No point trying to fight reality or make a big issue out of it.

Go along and enjoy the game, if you can afford to, and if you want to (that's to anyone not just you) - and if you don't go for whatever reason, that's fine too - the world will keep on spinning!

Well to me it matters. Not least because it will dictate the kind of budget we have for next season.

Presuming you've got one (at last) for next season?

No

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on May 08, 2016, 09:32:17 am by IDM »

Why are you so curious?

To a degree yes, but what proportion of our income (including sponsorship, owner funding, etc etc) do ticket sales make up?

Would these be significantly more or less for us compared to the other L2 teams?  Like a wedding in Barnsley - it's all relative!

I make the same argument every time the attendance levels get debated - play better football and more folks will come - much more than marketing or price offers.  Would you rather pay £15 to watch a poor game but get a "bargain" or £23 to watch entertaining stuff?

If you prefer not to get a ST, for whatever reason, fair enough...

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 08, 2016, 10:08:25 am by Filo »

Why are you so curious?

To a degree yes, but what proportion of our income (including sponsorship, owner funding, etc etc) do ticket sales make up?

Would these be significantly more or less for us compared to the other L2 teams?  Like a wedding in Barnsley - it's all relative!

I make the same argument every time the attendance levels get debated - play better football and more folks will come - much more than marketing or price offers.  Would you rather pay £15 to watch a poor game but get a "bargain" or £23 to watch entertaining stuff?

Fair comment, but in turn  quoting poor season ticket sales every other post should not really be an option for that person

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 08, 2016, 10:12:43 am by MrFrost »

Why are you so curious?

Fair comment, but in turn  quoting poor season ticket sales every other post should not really be an option for that person

Why? If something is poor it is poor regardless of the situation.

I'll go to games when I can, if I wasn't attending because of the level we are playing at then fair enough, I shouldn't complain about it, but that is t the case here.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on May 08, 2016, 03:56:43 pm by silent majority »

I contacted Gavin and asked for an update on how many season tickets we had sold. The ticket office then sent Gavin an email which had the up to date figure on it which he then showed me. (very good of him to do so to be honest)

The figure was a long way from the figure you posted on here. Furthermore the ticket office said that they hadn't been asked by anybody for a figure on ST sales, nor is it their policy, quite rightly, to give out the figures to anybody who asks.

So, that's my evidence. How about yours?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 08, 2016, 03:58:53 pm by MrFrost »

I contacted Gavin and asked for an update on how many season tickets we had sold. The ticket office then sent Gavin an email which had the up to date figure on it which he then showed me. (very good of him to do so to be honest)

The figure was a long way from the figure you posted on here. Furthermore the ticket office said that they hadn't been asked by anybody for a figure on ST sales, nor is it their policy, quite rightly, to give out the figures to anybody who asks.

So, that's my evidence. How about yours?

It isn't evidence though is it? You could be making that up.

Why not state what the figure is then.......

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on May 08, 2016, 04:02:44 pm by silent majority »
I could be, but it's not my style, and if I had made it up what purpose would it serve?

It's not my position to be releasing figures of that nature. But I have seen the figure and as I've already said its a long way from yours.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 08, 2016, 04:04:27 pm by MrFrost »
I could be, but it's not my style, and if I had made it up what purpose would it serve?

It's not my position to be releasing figures of that nature. But I have seen the figure and as I've already said its a long way from yours.

Still waiting for the figure of Saunders compo and the finer details of the Husband deal you promised us......

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on May 08, 2016, 04:06:06 pm by silent majority »
Changing subjects?

If you read the last set of accounts the details were in there. Go and have a look.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 08, 2016, 04:06:55 pm by MrFrost »
Changing subjects?

If you read the last set of accounts the details were in there. Go and have a look.

Tell me where the section is for Dean Saunders compensation

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on May 08, 2016, 04:07:44 pm by silent majority »
Go and find it yourself, your the one who wants to know.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 08, 2016, 04:17:28 pm by MrFrost »

So in other words, you don't know

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on May 08, 2016, 04:25:51 pm by silent majority »

I feel sorry for you Michael. I'm sure there is a reason why you have to post like you do, but I'm buggered if I can figure it out.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on May 08, 2016, 04:33:01 pm by Retdon1 »
When is the date the early bird finishes, I still need to renew mine

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on May 08, 2016, 04:36:13 pm by MrFrost »

Monday I believe

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on May 08, 2016, 04:36:56 pm by MrFrost »

I feel sorry for you Michael. I'm sure there is a reason why you have to post like you do, but I'm buggered if I can figure it out.

Don't feel sorry for me, my life is pretty amazing

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on May 08, 2016, 04:37:34 pm by silent majority »

Its meant to be tomorrow, but during the Supporters Board meeting this morning it was mentioned that the date will be extended. I'm expecting to see that being announced shortly.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on May 08, 2016, 04:38:08 pm by PDX_Rover »
Hang on. Frost used a positive word.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on May 08, 2016, 04:40:46 pm by Retdon1 »

Its meant to be tomorrow, but during the Supporters Board meeting this morning it was mentioned that the date will be extended. I'm expecting to see that being announced shortly.

Do you know if an extended will be announced before tomorrow

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on May 08, 2016, 04:45:21 pm by goalkick »
Is it at all possible that we could have a special section of the devoted to what we could possibly call the frost report.just asking. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on May 08, 2016, 04:58:15 pm by PDX_Rover »
Good idea.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on May 08, 2016, 08:03:21 pm by dickos1 »
How can you keep going on asking people for evidence when you don't have any yourself

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on May 08, 2016, 08:13:06 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
How can you keep going on asking people for evidence when you don't have any yourself

Because he'd have nothing to post about otherwise.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on May 08, 2016, 08:22:42 pm by Not Now Kato »

"I know something you don't know................"

Really SM, I thought you were better than that.  If you know how many season tickets we've sold for next year then why not tell everyone?  It's hardly going to change anything at all now is it?  Or are your comments more about scoring points?

Oh, and "a long way from yours" is a fairly meaningless statement.  Who determines what is 'long' and how 'long' is a 'long' way?  You?  Me?  Frosty?  or the figures?

« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 08:28:17 pm by Not Now Kato »

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on May 08, 2016, 08:26:39 pm by Copps is Magic »
..and to be fair the club can sometimes be 'creative' with the figures. Like claiming there were 9,800 there today.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on May 08, 2016, 08:32:00 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

"I know something you don't know................"

Really SM, I thought you were better than that.  If you know how many season tickets we've sold for next year then why not tell everyone?  It's hardly going to change anything at all now is it?  Or are your comments more about scoring points?

Oh, and "a long way from yours" is a fairly meaningless statement.  Who determines what is 'long' and how 'long' is a 'long' way?  You?  Me?  Frosty?  of the figures?

As SM says, the ticket office aren't suposed to give that information out so SM can hardly undermine that policy by doing so, can he?

Interesting that Frosty attempted to change the subject as soon as it was said that there'd been no enquiries at the ticket office....so c'mon Frosty, SM has named his source of information, time for you to do the same so we can all evaluate the veracity of your figures.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on May 08, 2016, 08:32:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Don't feel sorry for me, my life is pretty amazing

Fits in with your posts then Frosty. Many of them are simply fantastic.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012