Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 05:04:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 900 season tickets sold  (Read 15597 times)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: 900 season tickets sold
« Reply #60 on May 08, 2016, 08:35:33 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Go and find it yourself, your the one who wants to know.

So in other words, you don't know

I feel sorry for you Michael. I'm sure there is a reason why you have to post like you do, but I'm buggered if I can figure it out.

Don't feel sorry for me, my life is pretty amazing

Fits in with your posts then Frosty. Many of them are simply fantastic.

I think you're confusing fantastic with fantastical Billy ;)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on May 08, 2016, 08:41:34 pm by Not Now Kato »
I could be, but it's not my style, and if I had made it up what purpose would it serve?

It's not my position to be releasing figures of that nature. But I have seen the figure and as I've already said its a long way from yours.

"I know something you don't know................"

Really SM, I thought you were better than that.  If you know how many season tickets we've sold for next year then why not tell everyone?  It's hardly going to change anything at all now is it?  Or are your comments more about scoring points?

Oh, and "a long way from yours" is a fairly meaningless statement.  Who determines what is 'long' and how 'long' is a 'long' way?  You?  Me?  Frosty?  of the figures?

As SM says, the ticket office aren't suposed to give that information out so SM can hardly undermine that policy by doing so, can he?

Interesting that Frosty attempted to change the subject as soon as it was said that there'd been no enquiries at the ticket office....so c'mon Frosty, SM has named his source of information, time for you to do the same so we can all evaluate the veracity of your figures.

Really?  It seems that the ticket office have been quite happy to advise on various ticket sales in the past.  Are you suggesting that Season Tickets are somewhat sacrosanct and that their numbers should somehow be withheld?

For what reason?   And where is this policy of which you speak?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on May 08, 2016, 08:43:33 pm by Copps is Magic »
Of course they do. Every daft bugger who goes in there asks the same question 'how many wi sold'. And they usually give an answer because their job would be unbearable otherwise.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on May 08, 2016, 08:47:25 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Of course they do. Every daft bugger who goes in there asks the same question 'how many wi sold'. And they usually give an answer because their job would be unbearable otherwise.

Which would imply that they'd give any old answer to whoever asked..

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on May 08, 2016, 08:49:07 pm by Not Now Kato »

Which would imply that they'd give any old answer to whoever asked..

Why would it?

It is equally feasible that they'd give an accurate and up to date answer.  Why would they not?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on May 08, 2016, 09:18:58 pm by silent majority »
I'm sorry that people are not happy with my response to a post started by somebody, who now confesses, that he got the information 3rd hand. All I did was attempt to correct some misinformation that had been posted as fact when it quite clearly wasn't.

The club haven't given out ST sales for a number of years, and its a policy of the club not to offer that information when asked,  and it would be unfair of me to betray the clubs confidence in sharing that information without getting explicit permission to do so. Plus I'm not sure what declaring that would do if I ever needed to ask similar questions in the future. Trust is a two way thing.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on May 08, 2016, 09:20:01 pm by Chris Black come back »
This broader squabble aside, I would be interested to know how much compensation we got for Saunders from Wolves.

Is there actually a specific figure in the accounts please?

Perhaps this is not possible.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on May 08, 2016, 09:25:15 pm by NickDRFC »
CBCB - £310k for "disposals players registrations" in the accounts to June 15. That must be Husband rather than Saunders as Saunders left the previous season. That's a cash inflow as well so evidently we got £310k plus Main.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on May 08, 2016, 09:31:54 pm by wilts rover »
I was told that whatever it was Wolves refused to pay it after the half season they had under him...

..or was I?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on May 08, 2016, 09:32:25 pm by NickDRFC »
Just had a look at the 2013 accounts, £187,500 is the equivalent figure there. Don't think that's a very good deal for losing Saunders at all really. The price for Husband was much better, although still on the low side I reckon.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on May 08, 2016, 11:28:21 pm by Not Now Kato »
I'm sorry that people are not happy with my response to a post started by somebody, who now confesses, that he got the information 3rd hand. All I did was attempt to correct some misinformation that had been posted as fact when it quite clearly wasn't.

The club haven't given out ST sales for a number of years, and its a policy of the club not to offer that information when asked,  and it would be unfair of me to betray the clubs confidence in sharing that information without getting explicit permission to do so. Plus I'm not sure what declaring that would do if I ever needed to ask similar questions in the future. Trust is a two way thing.

Without quoting a figure your post is just yet another opinion SM.  Just as trustworthy, or otherwise, as Mr Frosts.

It's all too easy to hide behind the 'betrayal of confidence' argument.  And, from a position of personal knowledge and experience, I can tell you that in a similar position I would have advised the company that "anything you tell me is the property of my members; anything you do not wish me to disclose you should not tell me.".

Then again, maybe you prefer the position of being able to say "I know something you don't know.........."  without actually saying anything; only you know which.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on May 09, 2016, 12:19:20 am by silent majority »

Without quoting a figure your post is just yet another opinion SM.  Just as trustworthy, or otherwise, as Mr Frosts.

It's all too easy to hide behind the 'betrayal of confidence' argument.  And, from a position of personal knowledge and experience, I can tell you that in a similar position I would have advised the company that "anything you tell me is the property of my members; anything you do not wish me to disclose you should not tell me.".

Then again, maybe you prefer the position of being able to say "I know something you don't know.........."  without actually saying anything; only you know which.

What codswallop!

I speak to the CEO of the club who shows me the data. That's not opinion, and certainly not 3rd party opinion as was previously reported.

In a similar position you would have acted differently? Good luck with that.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on May 09, 2016, 12:21:10 am by Sammy Chung was King »
We need to stop living in the past, none of it matters, whatever we got for Saunders or whoever will have gone back into the club!. I would expect like any relegated team that season tickets sales will go down, but if we do well, pay on the days will make up for that number.
The number we get coming to games, is what we get, nobody will give a s..t if the team wins every week!. :scarf:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on May 09, 2016, 12:38:21 am by hoolahoop »
It's not all bad. I'm getting my first season ticket in a while after having a barren run of the past 5/6 years due to work etc. Up the reds.

For the sake of balance , I will also be getting a season ticket for 16/17 not having bought one for the last 3 yeas due to illness now feck off Mr. Frost and go and support another club because you sure as hell don't SUPPORT this club.

I am sick to the back teeth of reading your negative shite on here  - go and "FOLLOW"  someone else please there's a good lad.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on May 09, 2016, 12:54:59 am by eastender »
When is the date the early bird finishes, I still need to renew mine

Its meant to be tomorrow, but during the Supporters Board meeting this morning it was mentioned that the date will be extended. I'm expecting to see that being announced shortly.

This is getting ridiculous , moving the Early Bird date to suit.

Why not just set it 1 week after the season ends every year, easy.

Has it stands , it's just taking the P#ss out of the loyal fans who cough up early in Feb , March or is it April, no it's May now or may be not.  :thumbdown:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on May 09, 2016, 01:29:03 am by hoolahoop »
I agree eastender even though I'm probably going to get mine later than usual and will benefit .

Set the date , the same date every year and make it a reasonable date for folks to get their money together . Budgeting for an expensive "up front" item like a ST is made both far simpler and fairer for everyone involved from supporters through to administration and finally the club.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on May 09, 2016, 07:10:06 am by MrFrost »
It's not all bad. I'm getting my first season ticket in a while after having a barren run of the past 5/6 years due to work etc. Up the reds.

For the sake of balance , I will also be getting a season ticket for 16/17 not having bought one for the last 3 yeas due to illness now feck off Mr. Frost and go and support another club because you sure as hell don't SUPPORT this club.

I am sick to the back teeth of reading your negative shite on here  - go and "FOLLOW"  someone else please there's a good lad.

No, I'll still be there, and here, next season.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on May 09, 2016, 09:17:51 am by ravenrover »
Go and find it yourself, your the one who wants to know.

So in other words, you don't know

I feel sorry for you Michael. I'm sure there is a reason why you have to post like you do, but I'm buggered if I can figure it out.

Don't feel sorry for me, my life is pretty amazing

Fits in with your posts then Frosty. Many of them are simply fantastic.

I think you're confusing fantastic with fantastical Billy ;)
I would say more like fantasy

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on May 09, 2016, 09:34:17 am by DaveDRFC »

Similar here, not had a season ticket for 4 years for various reasons but got one for next season.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on May 09, 2016, 09:45:38 am by steve@dcfd »
Just watched Sky Sports News Slaven Bilic was asked about West Ham selling 52,000 season tickets next year in new stadium, he said " better than selling 2,500, shows the club and team are doing good things".

Now what's that say about us as a club and team were year on year we are declining in numbers from 8,000 at start in the new stadium to 900.

What does that show for all IRWT we are failing to keep our support because performances and results are awful.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on May 09, 2016, 09:47:54 am by IDM »
Poor performances = less fans buying tickets.

Good performances = more fans buying tickets.

Apart from the latter taking longer to catch up than the former, it isn't rocket science!

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on May 09, 2016, 09:51:39 am by Superspy »
Forgetting all of the arguments for a second, does anybody know why the club has a policy of not giving out sales figures? I'm curious as to why they've done this as several years ago (4 or 5 I think) the sales figures were always publicly available on the Keepmoat website, so to go from that, to intentionally not giving out the figures is a significant change in direction.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on May 09, 2016, 10:11:45 am by MrFrost »
Forgetting all of the arguments for a second, does anybody know why the club has a policy of not giving out sales figures? I'm curious as to why they've done this as several years ago (4 or 5 I think) the sales figures were always publicly available on the Keepmoat website, so to go from that, to intentionally not giving out the figures is a significant change in direction.

In Rovers We Trust

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on May 09, 2016, 10:19:29 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Largely because most people don't care...

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on May 09, 2016, 10:35:06 am by Not Now Kato »

What codswallop!

I speak to the CEO of the club who shows me the data. That's not opinion, and certainly not 3rd party opinion as was previously reported.

In a similar position you would have acted differently? Good luck with that.

Codswallop?  Really?  I'll treat that remark with the contempt that it deserves SM.

I have no doubt whatsoever that you speak to the CEO or that he shows you data, that was never in question.  But what I said about your post being just another opinion stands as fact.  You said, and I quote, "But I have seen the figure and as I've already said its a long way from yours.".  Without quoting figures, even a broad indication, the statement "a long way" is just an opinion - your opinion.  How long is long? in your opinion?

Similarly with other statements you've made in the past without figures, compensation from Wolves, the Husband deal, all good deals you say; but without facts, just opinions.

And yes, in a similar position, whilst representing several thousand senior employees across the whole of the UK on something significantly more important than football, I did use those very words in a meeting.  How could I be seen to be acting entirely on behalf of my members if I was keeping something from them?  I certainly didn't need luck.

So tell me SM, what benefit is provided to us, the members of the VSC, by your knowing information you're not prepared to share with us?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on May 09, 2016, 10:47:55 am by steve@dcfd »
People who believe they have the knowledge but don't divulge it believe they have power over others.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on May 09, 2016, 10:57:25 am by silent majority »
NNK.

I agree with some of that. However I've been involved in football politics for about 20 years now and during that time I've sat with football clubs, the FA, PL, FL, etc etc and if during those meetings it was common knowledge that I would share everything I was told I can guarantee that I would never get told anything.

There are always details that are shared that cannot be openly repeated. The art is agreeing on what you can share and hoping that detail is sufficient. An example. We spent a very long time talking to the PL and clubs about the Twenty's Plenty deal. We learnt a lot of information and were told some very vital financial data by the PL. Do you think we should have shared all of that with our members? The objective was to reach a price capped deal, which we did. We would never have got there if we shared all of the information that we learnt as we learnt it.

If you dont want me to discuss these things with the club as they are raised and allow people like Mr Frost to create situations that are based on total fabrication then please let me know. I can think of dozens of other things I could be doing with my time.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on May 09, 2016, 11:14:29 am by IDM »
Going off track a little, I was shortlisted in the kit design competition.

When I was invited to meet Liam to discuss the voting process etc, I was told that not only were there certain things about this competition (and other processes in general) that could not be disclosed in public for a variety of reasons, but also that the club fully understood how that could lead to frustrations amongst some supporters.

So, at one point in time I had privileged information about something at DRFC that was of interest to many fans, yet I was asked to keep quiet about it - which I did.

Was that wrong?  Did I feel empowered?? Not in the slightest.

As for the ST debate here, perhaps if the OP was to contact SM off-forum, then maybe the latter could take up any genuine concerns about leaked or incorrect data being given to the public?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on May 09, 2016, 02:45:43 pm by Not Now Kato »
NNK.

I agree with some of that. However I've been involved in football politics for about 20 years now and during that time I've sat with football clubs, the FA, PL, FL, etc etc and if during those meetings it was common knowledge that I would share everything I was told I can guarantee that I would never get told anything.

There are always details that are shared that cannot be openly repeated. The art is agreeing on what you can share and hoping that detail is sufficient. An example. We spent a very long time talking to the PL and clubs about the Twenty's Plenty deal. We learnt a lot of information and were told some very vital financial data by the PL. Do you think we should have shared all of that with our members? The objective was to reach a price capped deal, which we did. We would never have got there if we shared all of the information that we learnt as we learnt it.

If you dont want me to discuss these things with the club as they are raised and allow people like Mr Frost to create situations that are based on total fabrication then please let me know. I can think of dozens of other things I could be doing with my time.

Thank you SM for a more considered response to the points I raised and am glad that you agree with at least some of them.

I too have conducted many negotiation meetings and indeed there would be no purpose in divulging financial information required in order to secure an objective mandated by my members, especially as these details are never complete at the outset but are discussed as and when relevant to justify or negate a position.  The members aren't interested in how you got there, that the objective has been secured is more than sufficient.  And this is the case with your Twenty's Plenty deal, (for which I applaud you and your fellow negotiators).

However, here we're talking simply about a question raised about volume, not financial details; and I find it impossible to understand why DRFC would provide you, (and your board?), with such volume yet not wish you to divulge it to your members.  It's not as if we have set you an objective to get the club to achieve a number of season ticket sales for you to negotiate on, it's simply a case of the club telling you something and then, apparently, telling you not to tell anyone!  What, pray, is the advantage to either party in doing that?

Earlier this year I had detailed and lengthy discussions with James Mason, the CEO of Bradford City.  Their approach to season tickets is both refreshing and enlightening.  They too are looking to grow a sustainable football club and one of the ways of doing this is making football at Valley Parade affordable to their fans though very low season ticket prices with correspondingly higher matchday prices in an effort to gain as many season ticket sales as possible.  I understand that their model is being followed, again successfully, by other football clubs.  I'm sure Idler, and indeed yourself, will know much more about this than I was given to understand in those discussions.

So what is the season ticket objective at DRFC and why the secrecy?

Oh, and why would I not want you to discuss these things with the club as they are raised?  All I ask is that you respond with facts to counter what you see as fabrications by another poster on here, not opinion.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on May 09, 2016, 03:57:16 pm by PDX_Rover »

Well said Hoola. Hope you are on the mend.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012