Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 04:45:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: McSheffery released  (Read 5567 times)

karldew

• Forum Member
McSheffery released
« on May 10, 2016, 04:53:33 pm by karldew »
Scunny release McSheffery, maybe a possible signing for next season if he will drop down a league. If Rigo is correct in saying set pieces are important in league 2 he's a must!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Tom-RTID

• Forum Member
Re: McSheffery released
« Reply #1 on May 10, 2016, 05:06:37 pm by Tom-RTID »
Would like him here next year, made a massive difference when he came.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 10, 2016, 05:10:05 pm by wilts rover »
I hav esaid before I dont think we should have him, Tyson and Coppinger in the squad. That's three forwards in their mid 30's with their best days behind them using up a good chunk of the wage budget. However if Tyson is leaving, as is rumoured, then certainly bring him in.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 10, 2016, 05:12:43 pm by Copps is Magic »
From the evidence I've seen age is not a factor with Mcsheffery. He's still got the quality. And we'll be using him a lot from dead-ball situations.

I'd sign him on the proviso the wages are right. Don't pay over the odds.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 10, 2016, 05:25:30 pm by IDM »
From the evidence I've seen age is not a factor with Mcsheffery. He's still got the quality. And we'll be using him a lot from dead-ball situations.

I'd sign him on the proviso the wages are right. Don't pay over the odds.

Without wanting to open up a massive can of worms, would he have been on big money at Scunthorpe?

He knows Fergie wants to sign him - it might suit him to get a deal done quickly rather than hanging around all summer waiting for a better offer in L1?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 10, 2016, 05:31:51 pm by Copps is Magic »
They've been spending money last couple of seasons if rumours are to be believed.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 10, 2016, 05:45:34 pm by the vicar »
he is ours if we want him

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 10, 2016, 06:07:43 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Strange how signing a Scunthorpe reserve player on loan was a few weeks ago considered a sign of our imminent demise, and now signing him permanently is a sign of positive intent!

How quickly we have adapted back to being easily pleased in our return to the doldrums.  :(

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 10, 2016, 06:08:26 pm by Filo »
The fact that he lives in Donny must go in our favour

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 10, 2016, 06:12:39 pm by IDM »
The fact that he was instrumental in a belated upturn in our form also belies his position at Scunthorpe.  Had he been for the Crewe game we may not have gone down.  Wishful thinking yes, but of he is good for us, sign him up!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 10, 2016, 06:18:00 pm by Bentley Bullet »
That's the point, he IS good enough for us - But NOT good enough for Scunthorpe!

I take no pleasure in stating this fact, it is one I find quite sickening.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 10, 2016, 06:22:59 pm by IDM »
I don't care about who our players have played for before, if they are the right players for us then so be it!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 10, 2016, 06:27:24 pm by Bentley Bullet »
That's the point, he IS the right player for us now, in league 2!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 10, 2016, 06:29:51 pm by IDM »
So there's no problem then?

He could have been the right player for us in L1 too had we signed him sooner!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 10, 2016, 06:31:08 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
You could say the same about Main at Oldham. Sometimes players  perform and fit in at some other clubs they don't. You can only judge on face value.

McSheffrey's pedigree is good and by enlarge he's contibuted positively for us. I don't care what the problem was at Scunny.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 10, 2016, 06:31:29 pm by the vicar »
The fact that he lives in Donny must go in our favour
He has expressed a wish to play for us next season

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 10, 2016, 06:49:19 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
That's the point, he IS good enough for us - But NOT good enough for Scunthorpe!

I take no pleasure in stating this fact, it is one I find quite sickening.

so you all don't know the sp about Scunthorpe ??
this happened on 02 Aug 2014

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/11008129/Wilkinson-family-split-after-84-years-in-retail.html

quote " Mrs Swann’s husband, Peter, was named chairman of Scunthorpe United football club last year and the couple own jazz clubs in the north of the England.

Their shareholding in the business has been sold to the other side of the Wilkinson family, which is led by Lisa Wilkinson, who is now the sole chairman.

It is understood that the family paid for the stake, but a spokesman said the terms of the deal were a “private family matter”.

Wilkinson is likely to have been valued in excess of £500m in the transaction. "

remember scunnie were supposed to be getting YET another new ground

everybody knows rovers would have beaten crewe if mcsheffrey was not injured

when something (his assists) happen 5 times it isn't co-incidence

swan "allegedly" "married" into the business so will all you umarried "gents" out their look for the right partner "as above"

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 10, 2016, 06:55:29 pm by Bentley Bullet »
 The fact is that Scunthorpe's form improved without McSheffery, and our improved with him.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 10, 2016, 07:02:42 pm by DearneValleyRover »
My only concern is he's been injured a lot this season and not getting any younger. We've taken players like this before and got it wrong

mattco

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 10, 2016, 07:15:51 pm by mattco »
The major worry with signing players 30-plus in age is that however talented they may be, they are more prone to repetitive injuries.  We should be looking around for hungry keen young players, from non-leagues, Scotland, Ireland or wherever.   That's what Scunthorpe have often done and made money when they sell them on a few seasons later.    Much better that picking up players at the end of their careers on frees.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 10, 2016, 07:30:15 pm by steve@dcfd »
Strange how signing a Scunthorpe reserve player on loan was a few weeks ago considered a sign of our imminent demise, and now signing him permanently is a sign of positive intent!

How quickly we have adapted back to being easily pleased in our return to the doldrums.  :(

Didn't Scunthorpe finish out of the playoffs by GD, we got relegated.
If McSheffrey is the only 30 odd player we sign then that will be ok.
If Tyson and Chaplow go will be even better.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 10, 2016, 07:34:16 pm by Al4475 »
I've got a sneaky suspicion that chaplow will be retained and tyson could well go!

bally1950

« Reply #22 on May 10, 2016, 08:55:35 pm by bally1950 »
Scunny's new ground is going to be at the side of the M180, subject to the Dept of Transport agreeing to de -reg the road to an "A Class£, There is to be a big roundabout and a small one, it is a similar project to The Keepmoat BUT the ground looks far superior, so if the road is de-classed it goes ahead. If you are interested you can google "Scunthorpe United New Ground project.

Looks very good.  Strangely near Scunny Lakes and more strange the shopping complex on the east side near Tata (A18) is now called "Lakeside Shopping Centre or village" was there last week.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 10, 2016, 09:42:59 pm by MrFrost »
Scunny's new ground is going to be at the side of the M180, subject to the Dept of Transport agreeing to de -reg the road to an "A Class£, There is to be a big roundabout and a small one, it is a similar project to The Keepmoat BUT the ground looks far superior, so if the road is de-classed it goes ahead. If you are interested you can google "Scunthorpe United New Ground project.

Looks very good.  Strangely near Scunny Lakes and more strange the shopping complex on the east side near Tata (A18) is now called "Lakeside Shopping Centre or village" was there last week.

We got the shit end of the stick in terms of stadium design that is for sure

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 10, 2016, 10:56:51 pm by PDX_Rover »
Now an urban planning expert too Frosty?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 10, 2016, 11:29:07 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Scunthorpe's manager just hasn't picked him, because since McSheffrey has been injured, the team somehow improved dramatically!.
 We seem to get a fair few from scunny, maybe because we are similar sized clubs!. McSheffrey is ideal for what we need now, just like Rob Jones was ideal when we got him for central defence.

You can't be looking to the future with all you're players, some need to be experienced. For me there is no doubt he retains the ability he has always had, and seems to be very self motivated to do well. He would serve us very well, as long as he avoids injuries!.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 11, 2016, 01:58:37 am by les@donr »
Wise words, Sammy.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 11, 2016, 06:01:04 am by dickos1 »
Doesn't matter really if they're not wanted at other clubs, some of our best players over the years weren't wanted elsewhere,

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 11, 2016, 07:39:56 am by Metalmicky »
You could say the same about Main at Oldham. Sometimes players  perform and fit in at some other clubs they don't. You can only judge on face value.

McSheffrey's pedigree is good and by enlarge he's contibuted positively for us. I don't care what the problem was at Scunny.

What did he enlarge to contribute........... :blink:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 11, 2016, 08:12:21 am by MrFrost »
Now an urban planning expert too Frosty?

No, I've just got eyes

TinyPortal © 2005-2012