Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 03:57:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Matchday pricing confirmed  (Read 14604 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Re: Matchday pricing confirmed
« Reply #30 on May 20, 2016, 01:26:16 pm by wing commander »
   This was always a tough one for the club,its interesting that on the other site it's been greeted with a bit less approval..I think on balance that's about as fair as they could be..After all if fans want and demand the kind of investment in the squad for next season,we as fans have to contribute towards it...its how it works..Of course they could make it a tenner to get in but then we can forget players like Tommy Rowe...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 20, 2016, 01:30:06 pm by godlike1 »
Again

Fair play to the club. Marketing wise it has been a good week, esp as bith rowe and McSheffrey are singing the clubs praises and ambitions

some points though:

1) the article does not show how to get the membership that I can see
2) or how to get into Alicks bar
3) or the legends bar

I know it says e-mail the commercial team but................................................I want to just do it on line and not have the hassle of e-mailing someone

this is not a moan more an observation that there is a glaring opportunity to do some clever marketing and make it easy for supporters but its just not there....................again

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 20, 2016, 01:42:57 pm by silent majority »
The club have just invested in a whole new CRM and ticketing package. The benefits will feed through in the next few weeks.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 20, 2016, 02:05:23 pm by MrFrost »
The club have just invested in a whole new CRM and ticketing package. The benefits will feed through in the next few weeks.

Barcode entry?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 20, 2016, 02:09:37 pm by wing commander »
Another new CRM....Well lets hope they utilise this one a lot quicker than they did the last...

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 20, 2016, 02:14:53 pm by craigdrfc »
Agree with most points below in that the Membership is the way to go if you cant justify spending on a Season Ticket ... they do need to let people know how to get one though!!! Hopefully, as SM has suggested, details are to follow very shortly.  :scarf:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on May 20, 2016, 02:28:48 pm by IDM »
I am seriously considering the membership scheme over a ST.  I do miss usually at least 3 home matches per season due to family demands and business travel etc, so this option may suit and I won't need £324 up front.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on May 20, 2016, 02:29:16 pm by Red wizard »
Well done to all involved in making this happen
 £17 is great value for the facilities the keepmoat offers. Its been a very positive week thats given me back some hope that the powers that be want a successful football club. Sure mistakes have been made along the way but it was no easy task taking over the ranes from JR. Things just went so well under John and it wasn't going to last forever. We go on a downturn after JR and most blame the new regime when truth be told things would maybe be the same with JR. So a big thumbs up for the events this week. Lets hope more is to come.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on May 20, 2016, 02:58:35 pm by Jenny »
Great news coming out of the club, glad that they have set the prices at a realistic level.

Seems that the breakeven point on a South Stand ST compared to a membership and paying as you go is 6 games so I cannot see the early bird prices increasing. I'll probably miss more than 6 games but not too fussed, ST gives a whole host of other benefits I guess!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on May 20, 2016, 02:59:07 pm by silent majority »

Barcode entry?

No, not yet.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 21, 2016, 12:38:42 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I think that's pretty fair, the club have understood they have dropped a league, while trying to help and encourage fans to come regularly to games.
It's a more simple way of doing things, instead of package deals, the price is there for you to decide, it encourages membership for your own pocket.
 If you go regular it will soon add up the saving, plus what you save you could easily just put it aside towards maybe upgrading to a season ticket in the future!.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 21, 2016, 12:47:50 am by Chris Black come back »
With lower admission prices, lower income from league, TV and attendances, and apparently a need to carry a larger contracted squad due to end of emergency loan system - how on earth are we going to make ends meet?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 21, 2016, 12:54:28 am by Copps is Magic »
Club Doncaster.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 21, 2016, 01:08:25 am by Canadian Rover »
Another new CRM....Well lets hope they utilise this one a lot quicker than they did the last...

The last CRM they were using is incredibly  powerful but also very complex and not user friendly at all. I can see why they have possibly moved away from it.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 21, 2016, 01:31:36 am by Sammy Chung was King »
With lower admission prices, lower income from league, TV and attendances, and apparently a need to carry a larger contracted squad due to end of emergency loan system - how on earth are we going to make ends meet?

They are making money in other avenues so that will help. The wages of contracted players who stay with us will drop, due to clauses, and i don't mean santa! :laugh:. Plus i have a feeling if FBT like the club they might want to invest in the future.
Plus the players going outs wages will be a lot bigger than the new players on average. The tv money will drop but i don't think it will be a massive difference, a solidarity payment, smaller but again money coming in. Plus Fergie got big wages off the bill last season, again that goes towards the pot.

We will  have a slightly bigger squad, but i would expect the starting player, and his understudy will be getting at least a quarter less than last season. Plus we already have youth players signed as pro's for understudies, on smaller wages.
The squad will be built up of players who can play a few positions, for example Alcock can play full back or centrally, so that's one less player who will come in.
If we can have a good start, get a few quid off a few rounds of cup football, the crowds might even increase from our side.
 The away support is where we will lose out in numbers, not as many will have the same number of supporters. It might just do us good this drop into league two, if the club use it to rebuild the lot!.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 21, 2016, 07:15:24 am by elmsallrover »
With this membership can you turn up on the day of a game and still get your discount or do you have to get you ticket in advance

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on May 21, 2016, 08:10:06 am by mushRTID »
You have to go to ticket office, you cannot show your membership card on turnstile and get in

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on May 21, 2016, 08:30:33 am by Jonathan »
Can somebody else go to the ticket office on your behalf with your membership card? I'm rarely in Doncaster through the week.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on May 21, 2016, 08:32:02 am by mushRTID »
Can somebody else go to the ticket office on your behalf with your membership card? I'm rarely in Doncaster through the week.

I'm not sure mate but I just buy it online (it knows your a member so you pay reduced price) and pick it up on match day.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on May 21, 2016, 08:34:27 am by Jonathan »

I'm not sure mate but I just buy it online (it knows your a member so you pay reduced price) and pick it up on match day.

Nice one, cheers mate.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on May 21, 2016, 09:02:53 am by IDM »

I reckon you can phone the TO to pay for the ticket in advance then collect on the day - I have done that with the 10x game multi voucher scheme.  I assume it is the same with membership, just quote your card number in the phone, pay the reduced price, then pick up the ticket at the ground.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on May 21, 2016, 09:54:20 am by silent majority »
With this membership can you turn up on the day of a game and still get your discount or do you have to get you ticket in advance

No you can't. You have to buy in advance.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on May 21, 2016, 10:27:50 am by Copps is Magic »

Yes they can, did it all through last season.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on May 21, 2016, 10:33:08 am by DonnyRTID »
Is there an option for those that have already purchased a season ticket to return it in favour of the membership scheme?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 10:58:51 am by DonnyRTID »

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on May 21, 2016, 12:55:18 pm by Goole Rover »
Already bought my ST, wouldn't mind if they introduced the odd match voucher system where you could bring a friend. It would certainly compensate for the slight gripe I feel. To

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on May 21, 2016, 03:51:59 pm by silent majority »
Already bought my ST, wouldn't mind if they introduced the odd match voucher system where you could bring a friend. It would certainly compensate for the slight gripe I feel. To

The plan is to provide ST holders with additional benefits form the clubs partners. There'll also be voucher benefits from time to time as well.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on May 21, 2016, 08:55:35 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
My mate used to nip in to the ticket office on match day  before we went in to the bar to choose his seat and get his discount with the card. It suits him very well and I'm sure he'll be doing the same.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on May 23, 2016, 08:52:06 am by Muttley »
Good point made by Rob Ghosh on Twitter:

Maximum price anyone under 21 will pay is £10 per game (with a membership)

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on May 23, 2016, 08:57:35 am by RedRover45 »

Barcode entry?

Can't understand this fixation with barcode entry ? A lot of people spent a lot of time and effort persuading the club to introduce pay on the gate. That's the first thing that would disappear.
Financially ? It was offered to the club when the Keepmoat was built, but it was one of the things dropped to save costs. Believe me, it would take 25 years to pay the same amount to all the turnstile staff for what it would have cost to install it then. It's also false economics because you would still have to deploy a steward on each turnstile to check people were using the 'right tickets', so you're still paying a match by match salary.
It wouldn't make a significant difference in size of the queue, even less so now in the depths of League 2 with the smaller crowds.
You also get the friendly banter with the turnstile staff who are usually the font of any questions you need answering.
So, I'll ask again. What's with this fascination, does it make us a 'proper bigger' club because of barcode entry or is it more to do with your fascination with attendances ?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on May 23, 2016, 10:38:15 am by MrFrost »

Barcode entry?

Can't understand this fixation with barcode entry ? A lot of people spent a lot of time and effort persuading the club to introduce pay on the gate. That's the first thing that would disappear.
Financially ? It was offered to the club when the Keepmoat was built, but it was one of the things dropped to save costs. Believe me, it would take 25 years to pay the same amount to all the turnstile staff for what it would have cost to install it then. It's also false economics because you would still have to deploy a steward on each turnstile to check people were using the 'right tickets', so you're still paying a match by match salary.
It wouldn't make a significant difference in size of the queue, even less so now in the depths of League 2 with the smaller crowds.
You also get the friendly banter with the turnstile staff who are usually the font of any questions you need answering.
So, I'll ask again. What's with this fascination, does it make us a 'proper bigger' club because of barcode entry or is it more to do with your fascination with attendances ?

If it's so shit why does anyone else bother with it?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012