Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 01:13:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: "Your club aren't in the interests of the FA"  (Read 5968 times)

Al4475

• VSC Member
"Your club aren't in the interests of the FA"
« on May 30, 2016, 02:57:23 pm by Al4475 »
...Or words to that effect!
Come on AFC Wimbledon - self-sufficient, run by the fans and successful 6 promos in 14 years - will this be another?

Then do the double over mk franchise!

I really hope they do it!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Re: "Your club aren't in the interests of the FA"
« Reply #1 on May 30, 2016, 03:23:00 pm by Draytonian III »
Don't forget how they steam roller in to the ground they play at and Kingstonian seemed to go backwards

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 30, 2016, 04:00:30 pm by RoversAlias »
I want Plymouth to win, you'd expect them to be more of a threat to us in the promotion race next season than AFCW.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 30, 2016, 04:13:03 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Couldn't care less who wins it.

Wimbledon are as good/bad as any other club out there, but the la la, fans' fairytale stuff wins them votes - such as the one in the opening post.

Rigo, I'm a contrary c*nt sometimes but you've taken it to the next level.

I don't know if I should be in awe of you or pity you.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 30, 2016, 04:21:24 pm by Akinfenwa »
I want Plymouth to win, you'd expect them to be more of a threat to us in the promotion race next season than AFCW.

This. Though I initially was hoping for Portsmouth to go up for the same reason.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 30, 2016, 04:24:39 pm by German Rover »
Don't forget how they steam roller in to the ground they play at and Kingstonian seemed to go backwards

They bought the ground off kingstonian and let them play there for next to nothing. The set of bas**rds!!

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 30, 2016, 04:29:14 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Don't take it personally, it's just how it is.

Another example. Partick Thistle's daft-looking mascot also wins them attention/votes.

The tribalism regarding football (which then stems into abuse, violence - Millwall's favourite tactic - and treating your own club as the greatest, etc - all fans everywhere do it) is all b*llocks.

It's hardly tribalism to be disgusted at the way that Wimbledon were betrayed by the very people who are supposed to protect this game, is it?

I'm not really sure of your point but then I find your asexual view of the game very odd. Without the tribalism and history it really is just 22 well paid blokes kicking a bag of wind about and, frankly, that's an odd thing to spend your weekends watching if you have no emotional attachment.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 30, 2016, 04:29:30 pm by Al4475 »
C'mon Rigo - you know me matey - in the name of everything that's right in football would you not prefer to see AFC Wimbledon succeed at a level appropriate to them?

essexrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 30, 2016, 04:38:08 pm by essexrover »
As for the match itself. Akinfenwa's just come on. Could be an interesting finale 😀

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 30, 2016, 04:50:26 pm by Drover »
Don't take it personally, it's just how it is.

Another example. Partick Thistle's daft-looking mascot also wins them attention/votes.

The tribalism regarding football (which then stems into abuse, violence - Millwall's favourite tactic - and treating your own club as the greatest, etc - all fans everywhere do it) is all b*llocks.

Tribalism,like shouting abuse at Dean Windass on Bradford city's players Coach?All b@llock's or the Dogs b@llocks?  :whistle: ;)

Yes AFC Wimbledon do get the sympathy vote from many,but I think it's deserved,just the same as in the Stevenages none promotion years ago and even our very own Belles demotion to allowed Millionaire money bags Man city have their ladies team start in top division.All wrong doings in my  mind.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 30, 2016, 05:06:02 pm by idler »
C'mon Rigo - you know me matey - in the name of everything that's right in football would you not prefer to see AFC Wimbledon succeed at a level appropriate to them?

The problem is I don't really care about something which happened 10-15 years ago.
Just because something happened 10-15 years ago doesn't make it any less of an injustice.
That decision should stick in the craw of any decent football fan.
It's the past, you get over it, and move onto the next chapter.

If Wimbledon win, not one of the players will care. Neal Ardley might hint at it in his post-match interview (basically to score some extra brownie points with fans) but that's about it.

The whole Wimbledon/MK Dons thing is the past. Today's headlines are tomorrow's chip wrappers, etc.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 30, 2016, 05:12:29 pm by DearneValleyRover »
What a load of tosh Rigo, tribalism is football without it no one would watch. To say tribalism within football also leads to violence is ridiculous when the violence that occurs normally uses football as an excuse. I find your comments rather condescending ( a typical Journalist tripe ) and in line with most media responses that basically are out of touch with fans In fact mainly ignoring they exist or deeming them ignorant thugs.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 30, 2016, 05:13:58 pm by The Red Baron »

The problem is I don't really care about something which happened 10-15 years ago.

It's the past, you get over it, and move onto the next chapter.

If Wimbledon win, not one of the players will care. Neal Ardley might hint at it in his post-match interview (basically to score some extra brownie points with fans) but that's about it.

The whole Wimbledon/MK Dons thing is the past. Today's headlines are tomorrow's chip wrappers, etc.

That last bit- I think I'll let you tell them at Wimbledon.  :lol:

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 30, 2016, 05:34:12 pm by NickDRFC »
Why are people still banging on about Hillsborough? It's decades ago, it's the past, get over it. In fact why bother even teaching history at school?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 30, 2016, 05:35:07 pm by Jonathan »
All this complete and utter nonsense about only 'living for now' is empty rhetoric at its worst, trotted out to make a stand but do you even believe in what you're saying Rigo? Honestly? Utter rubbish.

The history and the backing story is such a big part of the game. Or do you also believe that 'there's no place for sentiment in football?' Our own history has shaped our club and been a massive part of many of our lives. I didn't blow thousands upon thousands supporting my team to disregard the memories, the great times and the experiences and just move on. They've been a massive part of my growing up and I love the nostalgia. Likewise, the destruction and rebirth of a local club like Wimbledon should draw sympathy (perhaps even empathy where we're concerned) and respect from any football fan that feels an emotional attachment to their team and the game. And if you don't feel that then you're missing out.

Perhaps you can go and make a career out of peddling impartiality, I don't know, but if you lose touch with what makes the game special then I think you'll inadvertently limit how far it'll take you. If life and football was so clinical it would be very boring and there'd be no story to read.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 05:55:53 pm by Jonathan »

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 30, 2016, 06:23:42 pm by Sad-Rovers »
If I was allowed to like posts I'd have given that one, Jonathan.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 30, 2016, 06:27:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Rigo

Go on then, while the grown ups are sticking the boot in, I'll have a go with my effete little carpet slippers.

If you claim that the AFCW rise is unimportant because the bad thing happened 15 years ago and none of the current players were there or will care, then you really, really have lost contact with what football is all about.

If we didn't care about the back story then Leicester would be nothing more than the best side in a very poor quality top level. Burton Albion would be just another Championship side. James Hayter's head at Wembley would be just another Tier 3 goal. AFCW vs MKDons would be just another hum-drum tier 3 match.

Go ask any of the fans connected with those events. Not the players. f**k the players. They are mayflies. The fans are the constants. Or some of them are at any rate.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 30, 2016, 06:31:45 pm by Sad-Rovers »
The fans are the constants. Or some of them are at any rate.

And that's why I'll always love you, BST.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 30, 2016, 09:30:45 pm by Nudga »
Careful boys, Rigo will PM you stamping his feet claiming that "you don't even know me" and "what's your problem with me?".
He's come back on this forum like the f**kin football Oracle at Delphi.
Wobbly little shite box.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 30, 2016, 09:38:56 pm by Mr1Croft »
I did wonder how long it would be before we returned to the routine of Rigo hijacking threads.

Somethings never change do they?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 30, 2016, 09:44:16 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Rigo teaching everyone about humility.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 30, 2016, 09:48:20 pm by Nudga »
Careful boys, Rigo will PM you stamping his feet claiming that "you don't even know me" and "what's your problem with me?".
He's come back on this forum like the f**kin football Oracle at Delphi.
Wobbly little shite box.

Not really. I'll send PMs to folk who have an issue with me (which usually is based on weak reasoning), then I'm prepared to have a proper conversation.

If anyone wants to speak openly, go for it and PM me. You might actually be surprised and learn a thing or two.

No, you thought I had an issue with you because you took offence to me ribbing you about your little football friends nickname. Blairy, I think it was. You could have just gone along with it with the spirit that was intended but it appears you left your sense of humour in Blairy's locker. Hopefully he'll fetch it up for you in a couple of weeks.

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 30, 2016, 10:40:58 pm by stuey »
Seems like someone has been and got few qualifications, and now looks down on the rest of us mere football fans. Ah, the good old days when all you had to do for a bit of attention was eat some b*llocks.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 30, 2016, 10:51:26 pm by Mr1Croft »
I did wonder how long it would be before we returned to the routine of Rigo hijacking threads.

Somethings never change do they?

Hijacking? Do you think I still get bothered what some of the inhabitants of the Jeremy Kyle stand think?

It's the usual suspects with the same old agendas.

My proper mates, people who actually know me on a personal level, know what I offer and bring to the table - not some pseudonyms on an internet forum who think they know everything (but mostly have an agenda because they think I'm a judas).

I don't think you're a judas. In fact I can categorically state that my opinion of you is still the same as it was in 2009.

Back on topic however. Great result for the real Dons and justice at last when they play at the same level as MK. An absolute credit to their fans who refused to let their club die.

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 30, 2016, 11:20:24 pm by stuey »
1. I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about, I've attended many Retford functions, but I have no problem what so ever with Andy , I've been to quite a few England games on the coach he used to run in fact. And certainly nothing which I would think would cause someone to support Man City, or any of the other teams you mention. if you care to elaborate on PM, please do.

2 Again, not my doing I'm sure, as I'm anything but a violent man, and if you do know who I am, you'll know I didn't threaten you.

3 I barely posted on YAURS

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 30, 2016, 11:24:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Rigo

Take the personal edge out of it. Do you honestly believe what to write about AFCW's rise being a nothing story? Are you now so far detached from the visceral nature of fandom that you've forgotten what that feeling is and how it sits at the very core of football?

See me? I reckon the AFCW rise is worth 100 Leicesters winning the PL. and Leicester winning the PL is worth 100 Man Cities winning it.

But that's just me. Those stories are what make football what it is to me. It gets me in the f**king gut. 

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 30, 2016, 11:39:42 pm by stuey »
So, your second and third points have nothing to do with me, as for your first, like I said previous, I've genuinely no idea what you're talking about. But if AS is who I think it is, I don't think he posts on here so can't defend himself.

Couldn't give a f##k who you support, but when you post on a forum pulling down fans of the sport the forum is about, you should expect a bit flack.

And for the record, I think it's great AFCW are climbing the leagues, and I hope the batter MK next season.

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 30, 2016, 11:47:36 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
I guarantee you never have to put up with this kind of shit from blairy

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 30, 2016, 11:51:51 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Good old Blairy.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 31, 2016, 10:25:49 am by RoversAlias »
I don't get how this entire thing in this thread started with Rigo saying "the past doesn't matter, it's the past" in reference to Wimbledon then proceeds to talk about a load of things that happened years ago as reasons why he doesn't support DRFC anymore. Bizarre.

Also, AFCW v MK will not 'barely get column inches' next season just because it has happened before. This is the first time they will be at the same level in the pyramid, a much more significant happening than being randomly drawn together in the cup.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 10:28:33 am by RoversAlias »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012