Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 03:00:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ryan Tafazoli  (Read 11854 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Ryan Tafazoli
« Reply #30 on June 07, 2016, 08:12:15 am by The Red Baron »
Having done some (unpaid) work for DRFC in the past, I can assure you it is the ultimate passion killer.

One guy I know, who did a lot more for the club over a longer period, became so disillusioned that he no longer attends games despite living in Donny.

This is well worth a read.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/when-saturday-comes-blog/2016/mar/31/swindon-town-fan-reporter-club
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 08:16:31 am by The Red Baron »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on June 07, 2016, 09:58:07 am by Mike_F »
When I was on the board of the VSC I ended up feeling quite jaded too. When you know stuff that you can't share so you try to lead horses to water but not only do they refuse to drink but also accuse you of poisoning the water hole it gets quite frustrating.

Then you get home form a board meeting at 10:30 on a Tuesday night and the missus is having a go at you for ignoring her and spending even more time on "Bloody football. You care more about it than you do about me" and all that nonsense it turns a passion for a hobby into a feeling of resentment.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on June 07, 2016, 10:03:30 am by The Red Baron »
My ex once said to me "you love Donny Rovers more than you love me." I said, "I love Barnsley more than I love you."

Boom boom!  :coat:

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 07, 2016, 10:18:54 am by wing commander »
    The reality is there is so much goes on at a football club that fans are just not aware off...The bad things are kept under wraps and nobody is any the wiser...I spent years not knowing anything about what happens in reality...Now I know a couple of people who actually work for the club both in the offices and on the training ground and I would never betray trust with things I'm told in confidence but boy would you be surprised...
             Some fans would be genuinely shocked about the real attitude/behaviour of some players/ex players including one or two who were genuinely held in high regard and still are by fans.....We like to think that everybody who plays for our club gives everything for the cause and are telling the truth when they speak to the press about how much the club/fans etc etc mean to them...Sadly that's not always the truth far from it,maybe ignorance is bliss....

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on June 07, 2016, 10:23:59 am by The Red Baron »
They do say never meet your heroes.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 07, 2016, 12:17:15 pm by Copps is Magic »
It aint that surprising. Young men institutionalised into football from a young age, typically very little education and following the general group mentality of their peers. They aren't all bad apples though.

As for backroom staff, I find the abuse they get (particularly on social media) to pretty be disgusting. You need to have a thick skin or even better a complete lack of social awareness to do that job.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 07, 2016, 01:19:26 pm by Sad-Rovers »
As for backroom staff, I find the abuse they get (particularly on social media) to pretty be disgusting. You need to have a thick skin or even better a complete lack of social awareness to do that job.

Ryan Murrant had been very quiet recently, hasn't he?

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on June 07, 2016, 02:40:56 pm by Lesonthewest »
You know what gets my goat about a load of you lot - you've got no respect for anyone/anything.

I'm genuinely puzzled that you haven't figured out that it's entirely your own fault that you get stick on here on occasion. I actually thought the tone was entirely intentional.
You used to come on here full of enthusiasm for the club, and for football in general, but these days all you're full of is yourself. Since your return, you've seemingly got this stick up your arse, and much of what you have to say comes across in a very pretentious, condescending "If only you knew as much as I do, you would agree with me," manner.

Just a casual observance from somebody who doesn't know you from Adam; take it as you will.

Can I nominate this for post of the weeko.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 07, 2016, 03:25:03 pm by PDX_Rover »

Ryan Murrant had been very quiet recently, hasn't he?

Guffaw. He's not been very social has he?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 08, 2016, 12:54:54 am by Sammy Chung was King »
My ex once said to me "you love Donny Rovers more than you love me." I said, "I love Barnsley more than I love you."

Boom boom!  :coat:

You really had no love for her saying that, if you had said Leeds, with them thinking they are massive, it might have been more palatable :laugh:
Having done some (unpaid) work for DRFC in the past, I can assure you it is the ultimate passion killer.

One guy I know, who did a lot more for the club over a longer period, became so disillusioned that he no longer attends games despite living in Donny.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/when-saturday-comes-blog/2016/mar/31/swindon-town-fan-reporter-club

Having read that article, one thing I can never understand in regards to directors/chairmen, etc, is why do so many try to re-write the history of the football club upon initially becoming involved.

By that, I mean by doing petty and predictable things such as removing photos from the previous 'regime' from around the stadium, promising changes under a new ownership, which are all for the better, or even bad-mouthing the previous regime.

I understand the need to want to make a mark (even though football is just all about egos/statuses, etc) but the way to be held in good regard is to bring success under your ownership - not by trying to essentially dismiss the previous one, etc.

Basically, add to the photos on the wall by creating your own history.

This sort of thing happens so much at clubs at all levels, it's ridiculous.

I have heard that happens a lot, the remving pictures, very thin skins some of these owners.

The reality is there is so much goes on at a football club that fans are just not aware off...The bad things are kept under wraps and nobody is any the wiser...I spent years not knowing anything about what happens in reality...Now I know a couple of people who actually work for the club both in the offices and on the training ground and I would never betray trust with things I'm told in confidence but boy would you be surprised...
             Some fans would be genuinely shocked about the real attitude/behaviour of some players/ex players including one or two who were genuinely held in high regard and still are by fans.....We like to think that everybody who plays for our club gives everything for the cause and are telling the truth when they speak to the press about how much the club/fans etc etc mean to them...Sadly that's not always the truth far from it,maybe ignorance is bliss....

Come on wing commander, who are these bad apples, past and present?.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on June 08, 2016, 08:06:29 am by IDM »

Having read that article, one thing I can never understand in regards to directors/chairmen, etc, is why do so many try to re-write the history of the football club upon initially becoming involved.

By that, I mean by doing petty and predictable things such as removing photos from the previous 'regime' from around the stadium, promising changes under a new ownership, which are all for the better, or even bad-mouthing the previous regime.

I understand the need to want to make a mark (even though football is just all about egos/statuses, etc) but the way to be held in good regard is to bring success under your ownership - not by trying to essentially dismiss the previous one, etc.

Basically, add to the photos on the wall by creating your own history.

This sort of thing happens so much at clubs at all levels, it's ridiculous.

Thing is though, how many fans are really bothered about what the latest set of owners/directors do to make their mark on the club?

For me, and I dare say many others, it is the success on the pitch and the entertainment - on the pitch - that is the most important thing..

"even though football is just all about egos/statuses, etc" - is it?? To some owners and players maybe, but surely not to the fans?  As I said, it's about the football itself??

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on June 08, 2016, 11:49:14 am by idler »
I don't think that I'd want to see any pictures of Hubert Bates or Uncle Ken on our walls inside the Keepmoat.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on June 08, 2016, 04:58:18 pm by Al4475 »
I think though I may be wrong that any photos etc removed from the keepmoat were put back or moved to other areas of the stadium after re-decorating of the corperate and hospitality suites/areas/boxes! There's certainly plenty back up and around the new foundation/education/academy areas and along the long hospitality corridor!

Anyhow - what has all this got to do with tafazoli? Lol

TinyPortal © 2005-2012