Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 11:52:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New health update for Newyankee.  (Read 34043 times)

idler

• VSC Member
Re: New health update for Newyankee.
« Reply #30 on June 20, 2016, 09:22:18 pm by idler »
Many thanks Dave, Niteowler and Scaley for your good wishes.  I am not being defeatist but  I feel worse this time than any of the others. I just hope the Chemo tomorrow bucks me up. 

I know some on here will think, not again, but I can assure you all that I really appreciate being able to say things on here that I am dubious telling my wife and family.

Take care one and all

Newyankee.
They say it's darker before the dawn,  hopefully tomorrow's dawn will be a bright one for you Derek.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 21, 2016, 01:14:05 am by Sammy Chung was King »
When you get feeling better, you have all my posts to look forward to.... :coat:

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 21, 2016, 01:48:15 am by les@donr »
NY. Thoughts and prayers from north of the border.

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 21, 2016, 05:02:34 pm by ctay »
Hope you are doing as well as can be expected my friend. My sister has just being given the dreaded news too.

I am not one for praying, or god and all that but I do wish you well and hope you can beat it again.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on June 21, 2016, 05:09:35 pm by newyankee »
Each to his own Ctay, I dislike people who only call out when they need to. You can still wish someone well without the prayer.

As I said in the original post I shall be thinking of your sister, in respect to you I will leave out the prayer. hopefully she gets the type of help I am from the medics.

Thank you for your good wishes.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on June 22, 2016, 12:04:00 am by Not Now Kato »
Dig deep Derek, you can beat this bugger, you've done it before, you can do it again.  Stay strong, best wishes you pull through this.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on June 22, 2016, 12:49:45 am by newyankee »
 Had my first session of Chemo today NotnowCato.  I feel better already, less tired and ate a Subway sandwich for my first real meal for six weeks.  As you say I will beat the bugger again and again and again. It's good to know I have another family, many I don't know who are concerned. It truly makes me feel humble.

Thank you all.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on June 22, 2016, 04:22:07 am by dickos1 »
Good luck mate,
I'll be thinking of you

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 30, 2016, 04:31:07 pm by newyankee »
 Hi everyone, ye ore news. Last Saturday I was rushed to Hospital as a follow up to not eating for almost six weeks.  It turned out that my electrolites were all out of sinc and I ended up having gallons of IV's to alleviate the situation. 

It also played havoc with my ticker and I was having lots of missed heart beats. This was rectified and  just like magic I have been able to eat for the last three days and feel much better.

I hope I don't bore you with this but I find it very therapeutic to know you fellow Rovers fans are with me.  I have lost 30% of my weight, but my fight is still at the top level.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on June 30, 2016, 04:31:55 pm by newyankee »
sorry should read  yet more news.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on June 30, 2016, 04:42:47 pm by Mike_F »
Good luck, NY and keep fighting that fight. No need to apologise for anything, we're like family on here and you've got everyone's support and best wishes.

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 30, 2016, 04:45:12 pm by scaley back rover »
Keep up the fighting spirit mate, we are all behind you
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 04:49:04 pm by scaley back rover »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on June 30, 2016, 04:47:20 pm by idler »
Hang on in there NY. They say faith can move mountains, determination goes a long way too. You seem to have both in spades.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on June 30, 2016, 05:36:33 pm by tommy toes »
Sound like it's your toughest battle yet old lad.
Despite this your positivity shines through.
Keep fighting, the Rovers family are with you.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on June 30, 2016, 05:40:43 pm by dknward2 »
Keep your chin up we are all here for you hopefully this next season rovers can give you something to cheer

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on June 30, 2016, 06:13:32 pm by newyankee »
Many, many thanks everyone. I wondered if I was boring people but you have given me immense pride in Roves supporters.  We are not the biggest club in the world but we do have the finest supporters.

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on June 30, 2016, 06:41:52 pm by donny dave »
The very best of luck to you my friend.
Think positive it does help.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on June 30, 2016, 10:16:17 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Hi Derek, seems life's been a bit of a bugger for you lately mate. So glad you're being well looked after though.

Keep updating us on your progress, all your friends on here are thinking about you.

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on July 01, 2016, 07:01:34 am by ctay »
Please don't apologise, like people have said one family here  mate. Keep us updated and all the best.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on July 01, 2016, 07:38:11 am by Metalmicky »
Best regards newyankee - I hope you're again on the road to recovery - just remember Cancer is a word and not a sentence... so keep fighting the good fight... all the best

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on July 01, 2016, 09:01:57 am by RoversAlias »
Many, many thanks everyone. I wondered if I was boring people but you have given me immense pride in Roves supporters.  We are not the biggest club in the world but we do have the finest supporters.

You'll never bore us Derek, always glad to hear when you're doing better. Hope that continues in the coming days/weeks.

There's a thread on here going in-depth on whether a footballer is indeed who people think he is because of the visibility of his arm tattoos...now that's boring!

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on July 01, 2016, 11:10:01 am by Dutch Uncle »
Keep fighting Derek, we are all with you and always great to hear from you   :scarf:

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on July 01, 2016, 12:03:18 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Derek, as a fellow Derek were often believed perceived by others to be dull and boring.
YOUR updates totally disprove that and are in inspiration.
Keep going you old bounder 😜

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on July 01, 2016, 02:18:00 pm by newyankee »
 Well, you all astound me once again. I cannot help but feel pride and humility at some of your comments.  I just hope that any of you who is terminally ill and needs backing from such a great set of people uses this to his/her advantage.

I do agree that a great amount of self positivity and especially a good sense of humour  can be a big asset, but having others care and show it, takes you that one step further.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on July 01, 2016, 03:04:16 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
My thoughts with you, in prayer too. Making the most of what is possible in all ways helps, and you seem to have nailed that one. Best wishes!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on July 01, 2016, 04:35:03 pm by Chris Black come back »
Season opening just round the corner.

Sun. Hope. Freshly mown grass. Expectation. Anticipation. Curtis Main still on the books.

It's all there for you to enjoy Newyankee.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on July 03, 2016, 01:47:46 pm by newyankee »
Main on his way to Portsmouth, can't all be bad, Chris.

ballysbackin

« Reply #57 on August 20, 2016, 02:23:17 pm by ballysbackin »
Yes. I know that I said that I was gone forever but I think you should all be aware that Newyankee (Derek Blackham) has been absent because his illness is much worse, it is also complicated because of other matters. Derek is suffering and has been in the ICU unit at a hospital in Milwaukee since last weekend, he is gravely ill. I am in constant contact with Donna his wife most days, Although I got his 70th birthday card to him late, the presents I sent, he eventually got (US Customs?) a new team shirt and a red Polo Shirt. he has seen them and they are waiting at home for him.
Derek and I have been friends for over 35 years and my late wife and Derek's wife were great friends too. I fear for my friend and if I am telling you something he would not wish me to I am sure I will be told strongly, but I think he would want you all to know, especially those over there in the US who PM him and have become true friends. He is very poorly.But as every match day, although he cannot speak much I will ensure that Donna has Donny's result at 5pm so she can tell him when she goes today.

Mick Ball

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on August 20, 2016, 06:13:54 pm by RobTheRover »
Mick,  thank you for the update. I'm sure I speak for all rovers supporters when I say please pass on all our thoughts and best wishes to Derek and his family. #RoversFamily

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on August 20, 2016, 06:20:45 pm by idler »
As Rob says above and I hope that today's win makes him feel a little better. Hang on in there Derek.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012