Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 08:47:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Friday's going to be amazing!  (Read 6942 times)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
Friday's going to be amazing!
« on June 23, 2016, 06:57:10 pm by Not Now Kato »

I'm going to wake up in my Union Jack jim-jams to the sound of a squadron of Spitfires racing overhead and leaving a trail of hot buttered crumpets behind them

I'll run to the corner shop past all the British children who are laughing and squealing with excitement as they make a beautiful statue of the queen out of happy wriggling bulldog puppies - with two corgis for her eyebrows! Bunting flutters everywhere and the man from the betting shop steps into the street - "guess what! England just won the World Cup & The Ashes and Red Rum won The Grand National again and here's the best bit - Boris put a bet on it for everyone! you're all MILLIONAIRES!!!"

The red arrows fly overhead dropping fish and chips as I walk into the corner shop, get my morning paper and go to the counter. "how much please?" I say to the Asian lad there. "1 pence, everything in the whole shop now costs just 1p!" he laughs, "leave it on the counter, I'm off back to Pakistan - we all are!"

And he's right! outside in the streets jolly old Nigel Farage is leading a huge crowd of happy foreigners - Turks, Poles, Romanians, Syrians - there's even a few English people with heavy suntans mixed up in there! Nigel's playing Rule Britannia on a long pipe, rather like the pipe that takes the gas into your oven, and they're all following and smiling and talking foreign, bless them!

Then Osborne comes out of the Employment Offices and shouts "Hey folks, look, we have created so many jobs we've eradicated unemployment entirely. We can sell more abroad and you can all have the job you want and at better wages too".

The Bank Manager appears in the bank doorway and tells the masses that "The housing crisis is over, in fact we've got a surplus so come and get a cheap mortgage now".

Just then Boris flies overhead in a Concorde made of Bank of England gold - "don't worry!" he laughs "It's better because I've cut out all the bits the French made!"

And with that he crashes into the ground at 1200 miles an hour, along with the economy, the country and all the dozy nostalgic foreigner-fearing f**kwits who fell for the exit bullshit.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
Re: Friday's going to be amazing!
« Reply #1 on June 23, 2016, 07:02:00 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Brilliant NNK!

LongbridgeMGRover

« Reply #2 on June 24, 2016, 05:01:55 am by LongbridgeMGRover »
I have woken up, and I've woken into a nightmare.
My pension fund will have lost thousands.
My kids will be denied opportunities.
Scotland will go its own way.
And we will be left with the rump of a nation, tainted by racism.
And we will have nasty little men like Give, Johnson and Farage running the country.
It makes Serbia look like the promised land.
So thank you to all those who have brought this on us.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 05:08:26 am by LongbridgeMGRover »

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 24, 2016, 05:46:48 am by bpoolrover »
Why racist?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 24, 2016, 06:27:26 am by Donnywolf »
Brilliant NNK!

100% NNK .... I guessed where it was going but my god THAT is still a fantastic thing you wrote there.

I have woken up and I am gutted. I never did want to go IN but I sure as hell did not want out. Time will tell but this could be a rose tinted and totally wrong decision but we wont know for "ages". It will be interesting to see what the Electors feel if/when the Leavers such as you mention cant deliver the "promises" they made

I was painting my Brothers house and was half done when Thatcher got into power. I was so gutted I never ever finished the house. I now have eclipsed that feeling by a factor of so many many times !

Good luck UK I think this was a bad decision but what do I know

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 24, 2016, 06:34:13 am by Donnywolf »
And we will have nasty little men like Give, Johnson and Farage running the country.

Most of the damage done by Cameron who should not have left the decision to we the Electorate when we had "elected" them democratically to take the decisions

He has f****d it up but if things get tough though he can probably find enough pennies down the Sofa or sell Samantha's Field (as he calls it) somewhere near Scunthorpe and get himself off to sunnier climes both physically and metaphorical !

I started collecting people predictions on Rovers a few days ago. Someone said "we will win promotion at Wycombe" and I filed it away to bring back if / when it is wrong

So somebody file this one

" I think we as a nation including a lot of those thinking we should leave will find down the line that things will not turn out as well as they thought - and what we/they thought they had voted for cannot / will not be delivered"

It may take a year or two or even more but please remind me at that point I was wrong. I sincerely hope I AM wrong
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 06:43:23 am by Donnywolf »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 24, 2016, 08:12:40 am by IDM »
17 million turkeys just voted for Christmas...??

Is the grass greener on the other side or will this decision be regretted for decades to come?

darren61

« Reply #7 on June 24, 2016, 08:23:02 am by darren61 »
When will the Daleks invade the uk? Thats the only threat the people havnt been beaten around the head with.

casperjebba

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 24, 2016, 08:27:58 am by casperjebba »
brilliant.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 24, 2016, 08:36:30 am by Donnywolf »
Oh ... and there GOES Cameron (See 4 posts above) despite saying a few days ago he would "whatever the Result" carry out the wishes of the British People even if that means overseeing our exit

Politicians eh - who would trust them

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 24, 2016, 09:06:02 am by deebee »
Is Corbin going to follow suit  after all he campaigned to stay in as well.

darren61

« Reply #11 on June 24, 2016, 09:13:21 am by darren61 »

I'm going to wake up in my Union Jack jim-jams to the sound of a squadron of Spitfires racing overhead and leaving a trail of hot buttered crumpets behind them

I'll run to the corner shop past all the British children who are laughing and squealing with excitement as they make a beautiful statue of the queen out of happy wriggling bulldog puppies - with two corgis for her eyebrows! Bunting flutters everywhere and the man from the betting shop steps into the street - "guess what! England just won the World Cup & The Ashes and Red Rum won The Grand National again and here's the best bit - Boris put a bet on it for everyone! you're all MILLIONAIRES!!!"

The red arrows fly overhead dropping fish and chips as I walk into the corner shop, get my morning paper and go to the counter. "how much please?" I say to the Asian lad there. "1 pence, everything in the whole shop now costs just 1p!" he laughs, "leave it on the counter, I'm off back to Pakistan - we all are!"

And he's right! outside in the streets jolly old Nigel Farage is leading a huge crowd of happy foreigners - Turks, Poles, Romanians, Syrians - there's even a few English people with heavy suntans mixed up in there! Nigel's playing Rule Britannia on a long pipe, rather like the pipe that takes the gas into your oven, and they're all following and smiling and talking foreign, bless them!

Then Osborne comes out of the Employment Offices and shouts "Hey folks, look, we have created so many jobs we've eradicated unemployment entirely. We can sell more abroad and you can all have the job you want and at better wages too".

The Bank Manager appears in the bank doorway and tells the masses that "The housing crisis is over, in fact we've got a surplus so come and get a cheap mortgage now".

Just then Boris flies overhead in a Concorde made of Bank of England gold - "don't worry!" he laughs "It's better because I've cut out all the bits the French made!"

And with that he crashes into the ground at 1200 miles an hour, along with the economy, the country and all the dozy nostalgic foreigner-fearing f**kwits who fell for the exit bullshit.
     What a load of shit, grow some balls.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 24, 2016, 09:16:27 am by StocktonRover »
Project fear worked with quite a few judging by the OP

Personally I think project fear back fired and convinced some waverers to leave

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 24, 2016, 09:20:06 am by Cramby10 »

robbed off Facebook. Not his own work

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 24, 2016, 09:29:33 am by Donnywolf »
Is Corbin going to follow suit  after all he campaigned to stay in as well.

I fervently hope so. Labour Party in turmoil since Ed beat David imo.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 24, 2016, 10:09:53 am by drfc1951 »
I think the majority of labour party voters, would have voted out whoever was party leader.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 24, 2016, 10:16:20 am by Not Now Kato »

robbed off Facebook. Not his own work

Really?

1.  I don't have a Facebook account, never have, never will.

2. I don't know anyone who has a Facebook account, nor do I want to.

3. The original, and different version was emailed to me by my eldest Son days ago.

4. I modified what he sent me significantly before posting it here and elsewhere.

So, if my OP appears on Facebook then either it was lifted from here or one of the other forums I posted it on.

p.s.  Are you a schoolboy?  'please sir Not Now Kato said.............'  Grow up and enjoy things for what they are.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 24, 2016, 10:18:28 am by Not Now Kato »

Ain't that the truth.  Thanks a lot Brexit voters........ NOT.

colfromdonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 24, 2016, 10:42:24 am by colfromdonny »
We've got our country back, we've got our country back,we've got our country back,we've got our country back,we've got our country back,we've got our country back,we've got our country back,we've got our country back,we've got our country back,we've got our country back,we've got our country back,we've got our country back,etc

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 24, 2016, 11:07:17 am by drfchound »
Brilliant opening post Kato.

darren61

« Reply #20 on June 24, 2016, 11:08:55 am by darren61 »
You seem to be able to see the future in great detail, any chance you can see the winning lottery numbers in your crystal ball?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 24, 2016, 11:49:36 am by Glyn_Wigley »
We've got our country back, we've got our country back,we've got our country back,we've got our country back,we've got our country back,we've got our country back,we've got our country back,we've got our country back,we've got our country back,we've got our country back,we've got our country back,we've got our country back,etc

Ahahahahahahah Don't you realise, it wasn't 'our' country to start with!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 24, 2016, 11:53:37 am by drfchound »
One thing is for sure, UEFA will make sure we don't win the Euros now.
There will be a referees meeting tomorrow morning.....

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 24, 2016, 12:18:31 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Hold on, we've got to finally sort out the Cod War first!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on June 24, 2016, 02:00:06 pm by Donnywolf »

... and we'll be out of Eurovision as well !

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on June 24, 2016, 02:00:58 pm by Mike_F »

... and we'll be out of Eurovision as well !

Every cloud...

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on June 24, 2016, 04:33:44 pm by Dutch Uncle »

What are they going to do about the Wales - Northern Ireland match - sent 22 players off maybe? :)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on June 24, 2016, 05:06:56 pm by Not Now Kato »
You seem to be able to see the future in great detail, any chance you can see the winning lottery numbers in your crystal ball?

Interesting question Darren, and quite appropriate.

Voting Leave or voting Remain was a bit like deciding whether to but a lottery ticket or not.  If you buy a lottery ticket, (Leave), then you may with one hell of a lot of luck and a fair wind gain potential riches beyond your earthly needs, though there is a significant probability you will loose your £2.  Not buying a lottery ticket, (Remain), you know you will keep your £2, you guarantee to be £2 better off and you may well be able to accumulate your £2's to become steadily better off.

The majority of those who buy a lottery ticket, (Leave) will not see a heap of luck and not obtain riches beyond their earthly needs, but they will make a very few people very very rich. No, in Leaving you will loose your lottery equivalent of £2, (the £ has already lost value, prices will rise because of this, employment protection will be eroded, your pension will be devalued and likely the NHS will be reduced or even privatised following the certain signing of the TTIP agreement with the USA; oh, and the value of your house will drop: amongst other things).

Of course, there will be winners by leaving the EU, but they already have riches beyond their earthly needs.

Unlike the lottery, sadly, those voting leave have taken those voting remain down the toilet with them. So thank you all those of you who voted leave, thank you very bloody much!

The really sad part about it is that, in the main, those who voted leave were the ones most likely to loose out by doing so.

Oh, and no, I can't predict the lottery, I don't do it for the reasons above.  Only mugs buy a lottery ticket with the belief they'll get rich.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on June 24, 2016, 05:24:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I f**king despair.

ANYONE who thinks that a Govt run by Johnson, Gove, IDS and Grayling is going to do ANYTHING for Doncaster and the problems in Doncaster wants taking to a big dog.

What the f**k do you think is going to come out of this?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 24, 2016, 05:31:08 pm by IDM »
I f**king despair.

ANYONE who thinks that a Govt run by Johnson, Gove, IDS and Grayling is going to do ANYTHING for Doncaster and the problems in Doncaster wants taking to a big dog.

What the f**k do you think is going to come out of this?

Couple that with a Trump win in the US, and we may as well all top ourselves now!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012