Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 04:34:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: EFL Trophy News  (Read 40353 times)

drfc1951

• Forum Member
Re: EFL Trophy News
« Reply #60 on July 07, 2016, 10:20:35 am by drfc1951 »
A fair few from all clubs will, 'Geoffrey it'!.

Had to think about that one but got there eventually

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on July 07, 2016, 10:29:13 am by wing commander »
      By the looks of it the bigger clubs are deciding against taking part because they don't want us cloggers playing on there precious turf, and would much rather play their home games at the development stadiums they rent for there 2nd team matches...ie the stadiums we play in anyway every Saturday...
     I hope this all falls round their ears...Did the new Chairmen have any input into the great plan of not putting the plans in place and getting the bigger clubs agreement first??? If so it doesn't bode well that he is up to much...

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on July 07, 2016, 10:54:11 am by silent majority »
      By the looks of it the bigger clubs are deciding against taking part because they don't want us cloggers playing on there precious turf, and would much rather play their home games at the development stadiums they rent for there 2nd team matches...ie the stadiums we play in anyway every Saturday...
     I hope this all falls round their ears...Did the new Chairmen have any input into the great plan of not putting the plans in place and getting the bigger clubs agreement first??? If so it doesn't bode well that he is up to much...

It wouldn't be the Chair making those decisions, it'll be the CEO, Shaun Harvey.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on July 07, 2016, 11:04:58 am by The Red Baron »

It wouldn't be the Chair making those decisions, it'll be the CEO, Shaun Harvey.

Says it all if Harvey's fingerprints are on it!

Makes you wish for the good old days of Alan Hardaker.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on July 07, 2016, 11:09:53 am by The Red Baron »
     Did the supporters have any say in this at all,were the FSF even consulted about this...?? Maybe a question for SM to answer..He did say they had a meeting with them later this month but the rules have been ratified and released so is that just lip service to let the fans have a moan while smiling and understanding the concerns but in reality not giving a toss what we think...

It says that it helps to develop British youngsters although I wonder how many British players are in these development squads
     I cant believe that clubs voted for this,in 5 or 10 years time they could look back at this moment akin to Turkeys voting for Christmas....I certainly wont be attending any of them...

I doubt anybody was consulted beforehand, even the clubs had it presented to them as a fait accompli. We meet with the FL regularly on a whole range of topics but this upcoming meeting is with the new Chairman and he's agreed to meet with representatives of clubs from up and down the country. I wouldn't call it lip service but I doubt we will influence this years trial, that seems to be going ahead with enough votes cast to warrant that. The meeting itself will be more interesting on the topic of the 'whole game solution' which will affect us even more. That for me is the real issue.

Exactly, SM.

As I've said on here before, I think the outline they are proposing has some merit, but not if the aim is simply to bring in B Teams.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on July 07, 2016, 02:59:48 pm by The Red Baron »
The Mirror is reporting that Spurs have pulled out.

At this rate we'll be able enter our own B Team!  :lol:

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on July 07, 2016, 03:21:17 pm by bpoolrover »
We might end up playing Rotherham u23 at this rate

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on July 07, 2016, 03:57:23 pm by The Red Baron »

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on July 08, 2016, 12:40:09 pm by The Red Baron »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/08/premier-league-clubs-opt-out-of-revamped-english-football-league-trophy

Reading Reserves on a Tuesday night it is.

I wonder if those clubs who voted for this hare-brained idea assumed that the likes of Spurs and Man United had already been sounded out about participating?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on July 08, 2016, 12:43:52 pm by The Red Baron »
The Mirror is reporting that Spurs have pulled out.

At this rate we'll be able enter our own B Team!  :lol:

Wonder if they'll do the same in 11 months time when the vote happens for eight new teams in the Football League.

As I said elsewhere, the inept handling of this whole affair makes it unlikely that the FL clubs will touch the "whole game solution" with a barge pole.

Thinking back, the whole B Teams thing didn't come so much from the Premier League as from Greg Dyke and the FA. So perhaps it is not surprising that the PL clubs have not bought into this.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on July 08, 2016, 12:50:43 pm by NickDRFC »
It does seem really ham fisted. You'd have thought that prior to mooting it they'd have actually checked that the PL clubs wanted to play in it first!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on July 26, 2016, 02:12:12 pm by The Red Baron »
Draw tomorrow at 10am. Competing clubs announced at 9.30

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on July 27, 2016, 08:43:38 am by The Red Baron »
I've seen what is thought to be the list of Development sides taking part. The closest one geographically to us is Derby. We will probably get one of the north eastern sides.

Middlesbrough Ressies on a Tuesday night anyone?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on July 27, 2016, 09:45:05 am by The Red Baron »
North- Section 2

Port Vale
Rochdale
Scunthorpe
Sheff U
Shrewsbury
Walsall

Cambridge
ROVERS
Grimsby
Hartlepool
Mansfield
Notts Co

Derby B
Leicester B
Middlesbrough B
Sunderland B

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on July 27, 2016, 09:58:52 am by NickDRFC »
Jesus Christ. The North East really is a bit of a wilderness in terms of big clubs isn't it! Are Hull not involved? I can see that Newcastle have opted out.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on July 27, 2016, 10:07:16 am by The Red Baron »
Jesus Christ. The North East really is a bit of a wilderness in terms of big clubs isn't it! Are Hull not involved? I can see that Newcastle have opted out.

I don't think Hull are a Cat One academy. I think they only got Cat Two fairly recently.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on July 27, 2016, 10:14:58 am by The Red Baron »
North west done. We're next...

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on July 27, 2016, 10:16:53 am by The Red Baron »
Port Vale
Mansfield Town
Derby County Reserves

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on July 27, 2016, 10:21:38 am by GazLaz »
Easy group that. Might get a price about us topping it as well.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on July 27, 2016, 11:16:35 am by Wild Rover »
How is it decided which venue games are at?. As each team plays each other just once, its entirely possible DRFC could be at home to Derby, but away at the other 2, losing the away games, but drawing with derby ( assuming a positive result is not required in group stage), so one point for DRFC and competition at an end. Conversely DRFC may be away at Derby and home to other 2, winning home games and going through to KO stage. Strange way of doing things.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on July 27, 2016, 11:18:53 am by MrFrost »
I don't think they are allowing draws.

It goes to penalties and the winner gets 2 points I think

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on July 27, 2016, 11:22:22 am by The Red Baron »
I don't think they are allowing draws.

It goes to penalties and the winner gets 2 points I think

Yes, drawn games a point each but then a shoot out with the winner getting a bonus point.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on July 27, 2016, 11:25:08 am by Wild Rover »
•16 groups of four teams organised on a regionalised basis.
•Groups to include one invited club and at least one club from each of Leagues One and Two.
•Clubs to play each other once, either home or away. Invited clubs will play one home game at the club’s First Team stadium.
•Clubs will be awarded three points for a win and one point for a draw. In the event of a drawn game after ninety minutes, a penalty shootout will be held with the winning team earning an additional point.
•The top two teams will progress to the Knockout Stage.

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on July 27, 2016, 12:08:11 pm by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
Port Vale
Mansfield Town
Derby County Reserves

Oooooh, the glamour  :)

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on July 27, 2016, 12:08:39 pm by Muttley »
Complete farce!

Cheltenham drawn in Northern group with Bolton, Everton & Blackpool!

Cambridge in a Northern group, but Peterborough (which is further north) in a southern group!

West Ham exempted from using Olympic Stadium for their home fixture.

Still no dates for specific games so impossible for those supporters who wish to attend to book travel/time off work.

I note that Newcastle who were trumpeted as one of the teams to be part of the competition don't feature in the draw.

I will be boycotting this competition and urge all right-minded Rovers supporters to do the same. We need to show the football authorities that they cannot interfere with the integrity of the sport and its competitions by introducing arbitrary elements such as B teams / academy teams in order to satisfy the whims of the Premier League.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on July 27, 2016, 12:22:48 pm by Muttley »
Dates now released

Match Day 1 – w/c 29th August 2016
Port Vale v Derby County
Mansfield Town v Doncaster Rovers

Match Day 2 – w/c 3rd October 2016
Doncaster Rovers v Derby County
Port Vale v Mansfield Town

Match Day 3 – w/c 7th November 2016
Doncaster Rovers v Port Vale
Derby County v Mansfield Town

We don't even get the "bonus" of a trip to Pride Park so that we can gaze in wonderment at the auspicious surroundings, the likes of which we have never seen before.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on July 27, 2016, 01:08:39 pm by wing commander »
What a disgrace...One of the main aims of this is to help future young England players,yet all the clubs these are likely to come from have declined to take part....So once again its the smaller clubs who pay the price as the fa begs anybody to take part....We end up with Derby reserves which will attract a gate of 600 and the club lose money....

It was difficult to imagine how they could find a bigger idiot than the last one but step forward Mr Harvey....All these big organisations (IOC,fifa,efl) don't give a toss about fans its always what's in it for them....
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 01:12:53 pm by wing commander »

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on July 27, 2016, 01:25:31 pm by Alan Southstand »
With our injury situation as it is, its a competition we could do without.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on July 27, 2016, 01:35:21 pm by Draytonian III »
I hope EVERY league 1 and league 2 team beat EVERY reserve  side to show what a farce that this cup has become

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on July 27, 2016, 01:43:59 pm by Drover »
With our injury situation as it is, its a competition we could do without.

Can we play alot of youth too?or is it not allowed?If they make it a farce,then why should we be able to treat it like a farce back to them.

Also,theres a 5 week gap inbetween each game,is it just me who find that strange?15 weeks to complete a 3 game group?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012