Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 03:08:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coppinger  (Read 13635 times)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
Coppinger
« on August 13, 2016, 05:40:18 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Has now become the fifth player in Rovers history to score for Rovers at three different Football League levels (i.e. levels 2, 3 and 4). The other four are Alick Jeffrey, Jimmy Fletcher, Ron Walker and Chris Brown.

Mark Albrighton, Greg Blundell, Steve Foster and Paul Green scored for Rovers at League levels 3 and 4 and in the Conference.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Re: Coppinger
« Reply #1 on August 13, 2016, 05:45:33 pm by glosterred »
Cracking goal today as well

COYR

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 13, 2016, 05:45:36 pm by Chris Black come back »
He was probably rightly man of match today in a thin field. Welcome return to his usual standard.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 13, 2016, 05:46:53 pm by Filo »
He was probably rightly man of match today in a thin field. Welcome return to his usual standard.

He was dogshite first half like the rest of them

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 13, 2016, 07:20:03 pm by The Red Baron »

He was dogshite first half like the rest of them

There wasn't a decent player in the park in a Rovers shirt in the first half. But fair play to Copps- he raised his game second half and so did one or two others. Not enough though.

djoftherovers1

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 13, 2016, 08:21:58 pm by djoftherovers1 »
Gota be his last season this, when mcsheffrey is back he will hopefully be on the bench. 
Shocking last weekend and rightfully dragged off and just as bad today.. he scores and therefore gets his predicted mom and everyone sings his name... reality is he's past it, he's giving the ball away for fun and basically is shit.. time to drop him and make someone else captain.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 13, 2016, 08:27:10 pm by Pancho Regan »
I wasn't there today as I'm on holiday, but I can't help but take you up on your description of Copps as 'shit'.

Harsh in the extreme, not to mention utterly disrespectful.

Armthorpe mickler

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 13, 2016, 08:29:23 pm by Armthorpe mickler »
He`s gone bigtime. Put it this way he won`t get us out of this league.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 13, 2016, 08:29:56 pm by MrFrost »
Who on the pitch was any better than Coppinger today?

No one.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 13, 2016, 09:04:46 pm by drfchound »
Gota be his last season this, when mcsheffrey is back he will hopefully be on the bench. 
Shocking last weekend and rightfully dragged off and just as bad today.. he scores and therefore gets his predicted mom and everyone sings his name... reality is he's past it, he's giving the ball away for fun and basically is shit.. time to drop him and make someone else captain.

What a load of crap.
Copps and Marquis were by far our best players today.
Your summary of him is very blinkered and obviously from a personal position if resentment of him for some reason.
Not one of our players was good in the first half with this ridiculous system of Fergusons.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 14, 2016, 01:45:15 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The goal was a reminder, of what he is capable of. There's no doubt he isn't what he was, but he is a very useful player to have in the squad, his experience, helped a lot today.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 14, 2016, 02:39:20 am by RoversAlias »
He was crap again in the first half, people aren't wrong. His passing seems to have gotten worse.

But in the second half he was much better, and simply enough if he wasn't on the pitch we would have lost. Superb finish, only man on the pitch who could do that in my opinion and he nearly won it from a free kick too.

Donnyss

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 14, 2016, 03:52:00 am by Donnyss »
Copps was ok second half at the moment we're just not creating enough goal mouth action. It's not just copps it was all the midfield today Tommy Rowe didn't have his best game Calder was better than last week just and still think Blair is class in this league . Maybe it's our forwards not creating space for the midfielders to play them in . We need a midfield general and a striker to complement copps and the rest .lay off him he gives his all 4 this club still our best player against crawley

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 14, 2016, 09:04:18 am by ravenrover »
Copps played much better when he started to come out wide in the 2nd half which is where he should be playing jmho

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 14, 2016, 09:08:17 am by bobbymax »
Copps is much better out wide and it's a waste trying to fit him in to this ridiculous system that the manager favours.
Once again, as soon as we went to a more conventional set-up after the break, we were a class above Crawley and should have won in a canter.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 14, 2016, 09:39:45 am by The Red Baron »
I made that his 50th goal for us today. I still have that goal v Wigan in 2014 down to Richie Wellens.

I must ask them on Twitter, though I suspect both will claim it.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 14, 2016, 10:48:52 am by IDM »
All the players were poor 1st half and Copps was no exception.  But he is the kind of player who can win or save a game with one bit of skill.  Was driving everything we did 2nd half down the right, linking up well with Blair, Lund, Mandeville.

Not at his peak but is still an asset to the team.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 15, 2016, 03:14:57 pm by drfchound »
Copps played much better when he started to come out wide in the 2nd half which is where he should be playing jmho

That was because we switched to a four at the back when Mason went off and Mandeville came on.
Had Mason stayed on DF would probably have persisted with the ridiculous wing back system.
The reshuffle allowed Copps to play where he does most damage to the opposition and he showed him quality yet again.
I agree that Copps isnt suited to a more central midfield role, but likewise Blair isnt suited to the wing back position, however our illustrious manager continues to put players where they are not comfortable and expects us to get results.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 15, 2016, 07:51:17 pm by deebee »
He has also now scored for us for 12 seasons in a row. Still class and he will prove it.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 15, 2016, 09:03:01 pm by Canadian Rover »
He has also now scored for us for 12 seasons in a row. Still class and he will prove it.

This must be a record?

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 15, 2016, 09:08:08 pm by Pancho Regan »

That is an amazing statistic right there.

Thanks for bringing that to our attention deebee

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 15, 2016, 10:45:49 pm by Dutch Uncle »
if we count Football League or Conference seasons only (I.e. No wartime or Midland League seasons) then only Bert Tindill equals Copps 12 consecutive seasons scored

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 15, 2016, 11:51:41 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Probably one of the few on the pitch, capable of that finish. The manager needs to use him wisely, don't flog him into the ground every game, when blair can play there as well, pick and choose the games, he plays.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 16, 2016, 11:09:13 am by RedJ »
Said it last week. Coppinger is wasted in the middle because he is a winger and not a f**king central midfielder.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 17, 2016, 12:12:26 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Said it last week. Coppinger is wasted in the middle because he is a winger and not a f**king central midfielder.

A few managers, have tried to convert him, into a central midfielder, haven't they?, it just isn't his position.

del boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 17, 2016, 12:27:04 am by del boy »
Well deserved MOM for me tonight may not be the same Copps as a few years ago but he can still do a good job at this level
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 12:36:31 am by del boy »

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 17, 2016, 01:25:43 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I thought marquis was man of the match overall, the good thing is we got a fair few, playing well enough to win, all at the same time, we've had problems with that for a while, so good to get the win.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 17, 2016, 06:42:55 am by Mike_F »
Marquis? Shit penalty and he missed three or four great chances to score. Ok, he got the goal but he should've had a hat-trick!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 17, 2016, 07:10:30 am by roversdude »
Certainly didn't think Copps was mom, probably Matty Blair for me

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 17, 2016, 07:41:56 am by The Red Baron »
Butler was terrific at back. Throw in a clearance off the line and he was MoM for me.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012