Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 08:56:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Injured players  (Read 5930 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Injured players
« on August 22, 2016, 07:00:14 pm by steve@dcfd »
DF looking at may be going in the market for another loan defender because none of the injured defenders will be available for a least a month.

Not sure if any of the others will be available before then.

http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/doncaster-rovers/rovers-news/doncaster-rovers-darren-ferguson-to-look-back-into-the-loan-market-1-8080787

Looking at the team photo we have a squad including loans of 26 players with 10 injured I believe.

McCormack, Keegan, Mason, Garrett, Beestin, ATS, Baudry, McCullough, Alcock and McSheffrey.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 07:09:45 pm by steve@dcfd »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Injured players
« Reply #1 on August 22, 2016, 07:13:38 pm by The Red Baron »
I didn't know Beestin was injured.

mattco

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 22, 2016, 07:17:05 pm by mattco »
I thought he had picked up a virus and wasn't actually injured.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 22, 2016, 07:18:12 pm by steve@dcfd »
I thought he had picked up a virus and wasn't actually injured.

Not sure but not been available for last two games.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 23, 2016, 10:29:14 am by Alan Southstand »
I thought Baudry and McSheffrey were due back mid August?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 23, 2016, 10:48:32 am by The Red Baron »
I do wonder whether Ferguson can count sometimes.

You can only have five loan players in your 18. We have three at the moment, one of whom is out for 2 months. If we bring in a striker (I think most of us agree that is the missing piece of the jigsaw) and a defender we still have only five loan players - and only four currently available.

A bigger issue might be the playing budget of course.

The article gives the impression that none of the injured players are due back any time soon. Maybe Baudry has had a setback.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 23, 2016, 11:16:18 am by Copps is Magic »
Baudry was never going to be a few weeks job like they originally claimed. He came hobbling by my in pre-season in the east stand with the biggest pot I've ever seen on a man's leg. Clear it was going to be months just by looking at him.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 23, 2016, 03:01:18 pm by albie »
Whats up with Keegan...is it still the same injury that kept him out at the end of last season?

Mcsheffrey also missed the end of the season, and is still not ready for the end of August. The information seems to change without explanation. If players have had a setback, then let folk know to end the speculation. They can't all be one month away, that would be some coincidence.

Rovers lack cover at the back IF we get any more injuries. Surely it is best to play it by ear until then, rather than spend money early.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 23, 2016, 03:48:38 pm by steve@dcfd »
albie we got while next Wednesday to bring in any loan players. Then that's it. We've got three loanees, only two are available until at the earliest October. We need loans now or rely on players out of contract and give them 6 months or 1 year deals. We have not got experienced cover or a young professional for our defence.

So we need to spend now if want to achieve the goal of promotion.

If you look at the team photo on Twitter ATS, Baudry and McCullough looked really cheesed off so If it's down to body language I don't expect Baudry back any time soon.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 23, 2016, 04:43:09 pm by The Red Baron »
I don't think it's a bad idea to bring in a defender on loan, not least because Mason is out for two months. I do think we need another striker though. Two loans should cover things.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 23, 2016, 06:03:36 pm by RoversAlias »
I do wonder whether Ferguson can count sometimes.

You can only have five loan players in your 18. We have three at the moment, one of whom is out for 2 months. If we bring in a striker (I think most of us agree that is the missing piece of the jigsaw) and a defender we still have only five loan players - and only four currently available.

A bigger issue might be the playing budget of course.

The article gives the impression that none of the injured players are due back any time soon. Maybe Baudry has had a setback.

After a think I took it to mean he may go for another covering defender, that "speedy striker" and an experienced keeper. I don't personally think we need all three but it was the thought I had.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 23, 2016, 06:49:42 pm by The Red Baron »
IMO he would look rather silly if he brought in an "experienced keeper" - other than as injury cover. He chose to sign a young keeper and offer a new contract to another. So at that point a lack of experience wasn't a concern.

Like the tactics it sounds like another huge u-turn.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 23, 2016, 09:48:00 pm by the vicar »
you can have as many loans as you like can't you but can only play 5 at a time

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 23, 2016, 10:38:52 pm by steve@dcfd »
you can have as many loans as you like can't you but can only play 5 at a time

That depends whether funds are available to bring in more loans or none contract players. We will have wait for the first part to unfold before next Wednesday. We need at least one defender priority, we also could do with another striker.  Experienced goalkeeper  not sure but you have to ask how many teams have two Keepers, first and second choice, under 23. May have been a finacial decision or just DF's choice.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 24, 2016, 12:08:41 am by Sammy Chung was King »
DF looking at may be going in the market for another loan defender because none of the injured defenders will be available for a least a month.

Not sure if any of the others will be available before then.

http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/doncaster-rovers/rovers-news/doncaster-rovers-darren-ferguson-to-look-back-into-the-loan-market-1-8080787

Looking at the team photo we have a squad including loans of 26 players with 10 injured I believe.

McCormack, Keegan, Mason, Garrett, Beestin, ATS, Baudry, McCullough, Alcock and McSheffrey.

Beestin has a hernia from carrying a heavy load i heard. McSheffrey has a strain in his wallet with him being scottish, no idea what's up with the rest. :chair:

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 24, 2016, 07:40:33 am by Alan Southstand »
You would have to argue that a striker is a priority given that we seem to be creating more than enough chances to win games. However, with the state that nearly half the squad are in, its anyone's guess where the manager sees his priorities. All things considered, I would say we need both a centre back and a striker (this fictitious one that has pace and offers something different to what we have already - i.e. he puts chances away?) Apparently, we're still searching for him, so don't hold your breath on that one!.

I'd love to know what the problem is with Baudry - supposedly out until mid-August but now out for (at least) another month. Yes, I'm aware that he has an achilles injury, but I assume someone put an educated time-frame on the injury when they said mid-August?

With McSheffrey - who knows? I hope its not yet another case of a player getting a contract and then putting his feet up. How we could be using him presently, as he would be very handy coming off the bench when we're struggling to score.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 24, 2016, 07:42:02 am by The Red Baron »
McSheffrey is not Scottish. Born and bred in Coventry and has played for England under-21s.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 24, 2016, 09:17:48 am by German Rover »
McSheffrey is not Scottish. Born and bred in Coventry and has played for England under-21s.

Why let that get in the way of a lazy stereotype?

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 24, 2016, 10:55:39 am by Mike_F »

Shouldn't you be out monopolising sun loungers or summat?*

*I know you're not actually German etc.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 24, 2016, 05:07:31 pm by TheFunk »
Wasn't Mcsheffrey not treated by Scunny as they were releasing him. We probably knew we were signing him but until we did our insurance wouldn't have covered our physio.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 24, 2016, 05:15:01 pm by albie »
So nobody knows whats up with Keegan and Mcsheffrey then, or have I missed it?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 25, 2016, 12:19:30 am by Sammy Chung was King »

It's a bit of fun german, i know where he was born. It's only the same as us yorkshire folk, people say we have 'short arms and long pockets', or something like that because we are seen as tight.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 25, 2016, 03:10:26 pm by steve@dcfd »
Keegan has suffered another setback and is out for another month, the saga continues, nearly Dany proportions.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 25, 2016, 04:20:16 pm by Retdon1 »
Keegan has suffered another setback and is out for another month, the saga continues, nearly Dany proportions.

Time to try and come to an arrangement and pay the lad up. He's never going to get fit

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 25, 2016, 06:42:34 pm by GazLaz »
People are obsessed with spending other people's money and "paying people up". He's a footballer, footballers have injury problems. He could be a valuable asset this season, why pay him to sit at home when he does get fit??

You can't pay up injured players anyway, why would they take a pay off?? They get free medical care when they are with a club. Some people just haven't got a clue have they.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 25, 2016, 06:53:27 pm by ravenrover »
Thought we had insurance policies to cover major/long term injuries, I'm sure someone will put me right though

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 25, 2016, 07:26:40 pm by Retdon1 »
People are obsessed with spending other people's money and "paying people up". He's a footballer, footballers have injury problems. He could be a valuable asset this season, why pay him to sit at home when he does get fit??

You can't pay up injured players anyway, why would they take a pay off?? They get free medical care when they are with a club. Some people just haven't got a clue have they.

And how long does it take to get fit. He almost recovers from one injury and then he breaks down again. I would like nothing more than to see him line up in our midfield again but it ain't happening.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 25, 2016, 07:47:33 pm by GazLaz »
He only missed 10 games last season and the start of this. It's hardly a lot.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 25, 2016, 08:50:20 pm by Retdon1 »

Keegan played 18 games out of a possible 55 games I think we played last season, so quite a few more then 10

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 25, 2016, 08:55:01 pm by GazLaz »

Keegan played 18 games out of a possible 55 games I think we played last season, so quite a few more then 10

I actually meant at the end of last season, during this injury spell.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012