Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 07:23:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The B team trophy  (Read 9978 times)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Re: The B team trophy
« Reply #30 on August 30, 2016, 01:36:48 pm by glosterred »
Can u pay on gate tonight ?

No tickets on sale until 3 at the ticket office

Rovers fans have until 3pm to purchase tickets for tonight game at Mansfield. NO tickets are available tonight. @drfc_official #drfc

COYR

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 30, 2016, 07:58:46 pm by drfchound »
As a kid in Moorends

My heart goes out to you.

I was very well dragged up by loving parents though.
It certainly toughened you up early doors being in Moorends.
What about you mate?
Where was your childhood early days?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 30, 2016, 08:16:47 pm by drfchound »
If you are of a certain age we may well have kicked each other in days gone by.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 30, 2016, 08:33:13 pm by drfchound »
Lol, but as it happens I didn't go there.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on August 30, 2016, 08:34:29 pm by Draytonian III »
Is it just tonight but are the "bigger " clubs playing all their matches away from home  ??

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 30, 2016, 08:40:12 pm by drfchound »
Half time 0-0

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 30, 2016, 09:22:51 pm by steve@dcfd »
Ball drops for Beestin 25 yards out and he smashes a low shot into the bottom corner #stags 0 #drfc 1 #starlive

Tweet from Liam Holden

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 30, 2016, 09:26:57 pm by steve@dcfd »
ATTENDANCE: There are 337 Rovers fans here as part of a crowd of 1,461. Thank you for your support. 0-1 #DRFC

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 30, 2016, 09:33:08 pm by steve@dcfd »
85'  GOAL. And it is two-nil to Rovers as Calder taps home a counter-attack! 0-1 #DRFC

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 30, 2016, 09:57:26 pm by drfchound »
Of 12 games involving acadamy teams, ten of them were beaten tonight.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 30, 2016, 10:03:26 pm by jonnydog »
If we were fortunate enough to get to the final at Wembley in the tournament this season, I for one would be there cheering the team on, and I'm sure there'd be quite a few on here going back on their morals and attending. It's silverware, no matter in what format. Until Rovers tell the fans (in some form or capacity) NOT to attend or take this competition seriously, then we should continue to cheer the team on!!

I was there when we won the Macmillan trophy both times, and I'd be there for this. Yeah it's been bas**rdised, but who wouldn't want to win and have another 'day out'.

Well done Rovers. Keep going!!!  :clapping:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 10:06:42 pm by jonnydog »

Mac the hooped man

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 30, 2016, 10:30:11 pm by Mac the hooped man »
Looking at the majority of academy teams whom have lost tonight.. Surely that tells its own tale.. if a bunch of prem/ccc youngsters can't beat depleted L1/L2 sides, it really suggests that they should be nowhere near this competition...

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 30, 2016, 10:36:35 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Average age of 21.6 for Rovers tonight. Only 3 of the starting 11 older than 21. We would have passed the U23 teams rules. :lol:

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 30, 2016, 10:54:17 pm by WheatleyRover »
Any fan who supports this joke cup should hang there head, dont support garbage, before you know it there will be this new league structure that will ruin this country's game.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on August 30, 2016, 10:56:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
No doubt you've swallowed  my piss at Thorne baths...  :whistle:

It's all slotting into place...

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on August 30, 2016, 11:21:55 pm by jonnydog »
Any fan who supports this joke cup should hang there head, dont support garbage, before you know it there will be this new league structure that will ruin this country's game.

It's not about supporting the 'cup', it's about supporting 'our' team. Like I said above, until someone from t'Rovers tells us (through whatever channels/methods) NOT to play a part in supporting t'Rovers at these ties, then we should still support the team, like we should in every game.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on August 30, 2016, 11:25:27 pm by dknward2 »
I may go but not to the games vs u23 so i can support my team. If we get to the final vs an u23 b team or whatever i still wont go.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on August 30, 2016, 11:38:19 pm by Muttley »
If we were fortunate enough to get to the final at Wembley in the tournament this season, I for one would be there cheering the team on, and I'm sure there'd be quite a few on here going back on their morals and attending. It's silverware, no matter in what format. Until Rovers tell the fans (in some form or capacity) NOT to attend or take this competition seriously, then we should continue to cheer the team on!!

I was there when we won the Macmillan trophy both times, and I'd be there for this. Yeah it's been bas**rdised, but who wouldn't want to win and have another 'day out'.

Well done Rovers. Keep going!!!  :clapping:

More than happy for Rovers to continue to play well and win games in whatever competition, but I will not be attending any game in the Checkatrade Trophy even if we get to the final.

If supporters continue to support this, then the EFL & EPL will consider it a success and that will just encourage them to continue the format, implement the deeply flawed "Whole Game Solution", invite Celtic & Rangers into the league and, before you know it, we'll be playing EPL B teams in "league" matches.

One effective way of voicing discontent at the EFL plans and Shaun Harvey is to not attend DRFC's matches in this competition - if everyone did the same it would send a loud and clear message that without proper consultation with clubs and fans  these sort of changes are not welcome.

If you feel that strongly about depriving DRFC of ten or twenty quid, why not take a friend along to the next league game?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on August 31, 2016, 12:10:35 am by Sammy Chung was King »
It gave some of our young players some extra experience, and we won so that will do me.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on August 31, 2016, 12:31:24 am by bobjimwilly »
Some shots around grounds tonight

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/efl-clubs-set-low-attendances-8732923.amp?client=ms-android-h3g-gb

Well blow me down, the half-baked plan to increase attendances and make the competition more exciting didn't work???  :suicide:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on August 31, 2016, 08:33:33 am by drfchound »
There is a survey at the end of that article which just now is 75% in favour of boycotting the games.
Make sure you vote lads to get the message over.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 31, 2016, 08:41:35 am by the vicar »
Can u pay on gate tonight ?

No tickets on sale until 3 at the ticket office

Rovers fans have until 3pm to purchase tickets for tonight game at Mansfield. NO tickets are available tonight. @drfc_official #drfc

COYR

you could not pay on the gatw BUTyou could buy a ticket at there ticket office as we did

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on September 01, 2016, 12:17:57 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I would have expected us to take between 600 to a thousand to mansfield normally, maybe a bit less with it being this cup. So the one's who have lost out are our club and mansfield.
Personally i think any game against the under 23's should be the target games, that people don't go to. That's what everybody is unhappy about, not a run of the mill early round cup tie against mansfield.
Hurt the clubs that shouldn't be in it is my opinion, not clubs of similar size to ours who need every penny. Just my opinion of course, everybody thinks differently.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on September 01, 2016, 07:30:49 am by jonnydog »
I would have expected us to take between 600 to a thousand to mansfield normally, maybe a bit less with it being this cup. So the one's who have lost out are our club and mansfield.
Personally i think any game against the under 23's should be the target games, that people don't go to. That's what everybody is unhappy about, not a run of the mill early round cup tie against mansfield.
Hurt the clubs that shouldn't be in it is my opinion, not clubs of similar size to ours who need every penny. Just my opinion of course, everybody thinks differently.

It would have to be when we were playing at the under 23's 'home' ground! Cos if the Under 23's are playing at the KMS then Rovers have got to open the ground, put on catering, overheads, stewards etc... If everyone boycotted then Rovers would suffer massively financially.

I'm all for making a stand against the tournament/changes, don't get me wrong, but I don't think DRFC should suffer in any way, whilst making that point.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 07:33:28 am by jonnydog »

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on September 01, 2016, 07:44:42 am by Muttley »
Sometimes you've got to hurt the ones you love.

You could always stick 15 quid in an envelope and stick it in Rovers' letterbox, or even buy an extra ticket for a league game and take someone who wouldn't normally go.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on September 01, 2016, 08:17:43 am by jonnydog »
Sometimes you've got to hurt the ones you love.

You could always stick 15 quid in an envelope and stick it in Rovers' letterbox, or even buy an extra ticket for a league game and take someone who wouldn't normally go.

Is everyone going to do that? Disposable income is a luxury must people haven't got in the current climate and folk can't just give £15 away for nowt, and equally why should the fans suffer financially?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on September 01, 2016, 08:33:25 am by DonnyOsmond »
It's true though. Apparently were not allowed to develop our youngsters, the only ones that matter are the big clubs youngsters.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012