Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 10:15:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Grimsby sold out  (Read 13878 times)

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
Grimsby sold out
« on December 01, 2016, 12:06:26 pm by watto-drfc »
they have sold 3051 tickets and are hoping to get more

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Grimsby sold out
« Reply #1 on December 01, 2016, 12:26:59 pm by Filo »
Will our ticket office ask for proof of a DN postcode for ticket purchases lol! Are they aware that Grimsby is considered part of Greater Doncaster by the post office? 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 01, 2016, 12:47:50 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
Will our ticket office ask for proof of a DN postcode for ticket purchases lol! Are they aware that Grimsby is considered part of Greater Doncaster by the post office? 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

If you dont know that fact are you even a Doncastrian ;)

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 01, 2016, 01:05:53 pm by wing commander »
   I'm surprised by this tbh,weve not played Grimsby recently obviously but our fixtures have never attracted this kind of support...Still all money in the coffers...Strange though as to us its just a normal league 2 fixture....
    They want an extra 1200 by the looks which is fair enough by me,I cant see it being pay on the day in the Southstand though as they are already discussing how to get in the home end if they cant get tickets...

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 01, 2016, 02:05:16 pm by Copps is Magic »
Either they will be forced to give them extra tickets or sell to only people on the database already.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 01, 2016, 02:28:37 pm by Bezza »
big news in Grimsby this game, plenty coming that won`t have been to a game this season. this is their cup-final

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 01, 2016, 02:56:14 pm by wing commander »
I hate the term "it's there cup final" so patronising.......Reality is they have had a few crap years playing at a lower level,playing at rundown stadiums and this is the first time in ages were they are playing a local league team in a decent stadium and they want to make the most of it....I'm sure we can all remember the excitement that felt like...

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 01, 2016, 03:07:45 pm by IDM »
There are 46 cup finals this season, and we have already won 11 of them!

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 01, 2016, 08:02:12 pm by raggytash »
Probably 65-70k plus bits, go nicely towards a good player in January, cheers

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 01, 2016, 08:51:14 pm by GazLaz »
Probably 65-70k plus bits, go nicely towards a good player in January, cheers

Don't forget tax. We will see nothing like that.

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 01, 2016, 09:03:25 pm by stuey »
Just looking on their forum and it seems GTFC have royally f##ked this up, allowing season ticket holders 4 tickets each, loads of STH not got tickets and not happy at all. Anyone know if we're increasing the allocation to 4200?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 01, 2016, 09:34:40 pm by MrFrost »
Apparently the max allocation is now 3900 as for some reason the club aren't selling the first 3/4 rows of the North Stand. I didn't realise it was a Champions League fixture.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 02, 2016, 01:00:47 am by hoolahoop »
Good for them as long as they don't get all leary around the city and our stadium.
Enjoy yourselves Codheads but not at our expense !

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 02, 2016, 03:34:10 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Don't forget we trod a similar path and were also wrongly rated as no threat. A team like them fresh from a promotion are always a threat. Bogle will need watching. The way he scores goals i think he might be a phantom.

RoversDave

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 02, 2016, 06:18:00 am by RoversDave »
I think the last time we beat them at this level at home was 1972, and I remember there were more away fans than home fans as they were about to be promoted as Champions under Lawrie McMenemy.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 02, 2016, 09:18:42 am by idler »
And with a crocked keeper.
Kim Book was limping in the second half. It was a good night that one.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 02, 2016, 09:25:15 am by Bezza »
big news in Grimsby this game, plenty coming that won`t have been to a game this season. this is their cup-final
[/quote
I hate the term "it's there cup final" so patronising.......Reality is they have had a few crap years playing at a lower level,playing at rundown stadiums and this is the first time in ages were they are playing a local league team in a decent stadium and they want to make the most of it....I'm sure we can all remember the excitement that felt like...
like it or not, this is their biggest game of the season, they won`t get another following like this unless they go on a cup run.

GTFC_FAN

« Reply #17 on December 02, 2016, 09:50:20 am by GTFC_FAN »
Morning All, Grimsby fan here in peace!

You could say the club have messed up allowing 4 tickets per ST, and with us having over 3000 ST holders, this was always going to happen...

the club knew that this fixture was talked about from the moment we won promotion, as this replaced our Lincoln fixture as such.

not sure on the 'Cup Final' that some are saying, its merely the fact we are happy to be playing the likes of yourselves, and Pompey etc, instead of travelling to Eastleigh and Welling etc.

We are a club which is currently on a high, with a new manager who is ticking all the boxes, and sitting just outside the play-offs after some expecting a relegation battle.

i wouldn't expect much trouble for this game, as many of the 'Hooligans' wouldn't off been able to get tickets.

expect us to be loud and proud off the pitch, and hopefully we turn up on the pitch as well!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 02, 2016, 10:12:04 am by Copps is Magic »
I would be very surprised if they didn't give you the full 4,200. It would either signal police advice not to or a change of policy from our club if they didn't. That's been the usual procedure over the last 5/6 season. Middlesbrough, the Sheffield clubs, Leeds and the big midlands clubs are usually the ones that take it up. For all their pontificating about being champions of Europe even the mighty Leeds haven't sold the full allocation the previous few visits so it'll be good going if you do. 

Don't share your optimism about trouble. I think its inevitable. First sniff of your lot in the home end they'll make it database only.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 02, 2016, 10:15:04 am by tommy toes »
It's good to see Grimsby back in the league. Let's hope Lincoln make it next season too.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 02, 2016, 10:17:30 am by MrFrost »

You could say the club have messed up allowing 4 tickets per ST, and with us having over 3000 ST holders, this was always going to happen...

the club knew that this fixture was talked about from the moment we won promotion, as this replaced our Lincoln fixture as such.

not sure on the 'Cup Final' that some are saying, its merely the fact we are happy to be playing the likes of yourselves, and Pompey etc, instead of travelling to Eastleigh and Welling etc.

We are a club which is currently on a high, with a new manager who is ticking all the boxes, and sitting just outside the play-offs after some expecting a relegation battle.

i wouldn't expect much trouble for this game, as many of the 'Hooligans' wouldn't off been able to get tickets.

expect us to be loud and proud off the pitch, and hopefully we turn up on the pitch as well!

What are we likely to be allocated for the return fixture?

GTFC_FAN

« Reply #21 on December 02, 2016, 10:25:58 am by GTFC_FAN »

What are we likely to be allocated for the return fixture?

Away end has a capacity of around 1900 if memory is correct!

ck-rtid

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on December 02, 2016, 11:15:30 am by ck-rtid »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on December 02, 2016, 11:32:00 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Welcome GTFC_FAN, it's still vivid in the memory when we got back in the league and similarly, you've carried some momentum into this season.

I'm sure it's great to be back amongst it and I hope you enjoy your day at the Keepmoat. I'm sure you'll make plenty of noise and let's hope everyone behaves in a positive way!

TommyGTFC

« Reply #24 on December 02, 2016, 03:58:04 pm by TommyGTFC »
Hi all. Another GTFC fan in peace.

Looking forward to our visit to the Keepmoat and the atmosphere we'll create.

I've had to laugh at some of the suggestions on here and on social-media about it being our big day and our "cup-final" in response to us bringing a big following. With respect, before 2004 Doncaster were always bottom 2 divisions or Conference from my memory whilst we have a lot of history in the 2nd tier (coincidentally before 2004). I don't think any of us see it as visiting a "big club", it's just a fairly local game in a new stadium.

And we have the third highest average away following in L2 so it's only natural we'd take a lot for an hour's journey down the road.

Personally, it'll be my second visit to the Keepmoat as after bringing my grassroots mini-soccer team to a ClubDoncaster tournament in 2015, we came back with vouchers to your game vs Rochdale last season (miserable game, 0-2 away win). Have to say I liked the stadium and all the kids entertainment stuff in the family sections concourse was brilliant and made it a great day out for my group, who also got to go on the pitch and wave the big sheet football about as the teams came out.

Looking forward to it and hopefully it'll be a good game between 2 teams that will hopefully be in the top 7 come May.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 02, 2016, 09:29:38 pm by Copps is Magic »
Well, as I predicted a few posts above Grimsby have been given the extra tickets and the home end has been made database (and Doncaster address) only. Had to happen.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on December 02, 2016, 09:39:17 pm by Alickismyhero »
Tommy I agree with your comments and I think Lawie Mc McMenemy's period at both clubs reflect that point of view.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on December 02, 2016, 09:41:26 pm by Filo »
Well, as I predicted a few posts above Grimsby have been given the extra tickets and the home end has been made database (and Doncaster address) only. Had to happen.

So if any of you know some Donny whites, you're in 😀

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 02, 2016, 10:13:32 pm by MrFrost »

I've had to laugh at some of the suggestions on here and on social-media about it being our big day and our "cup-final" in response to us bringing a big following. With respect, before 2004 Doncaster were always bottom 2 divisions or Conference from my memory whilst we have a lot of history in the 2nd tier (coincidentally before 2004). I don't think any of us see it as visiting a "big club", it's just a fairly local game in a new stadium.

And we have the third highest average away following in L2 so it's only natural we'd take a lot for an hour's journey down the road.

Personally, it'll be my second visit to the Keepmoat as after bringing my grassroots mini-soccer team to a ClubDoncaster tournament in 2015, we came back with vouchers to your game vs Rochdale last season (miserable game, 0-2 away win). Have to say I liked the stadium and all the kids entertainment stuff in the family sections concourse was brilliant and made it a great day out for my group, who also got to go on the pitch and wave the big sheet football about as the teams came out.

Looking forward to it and hopefully it'll be a good game between 2 teams that will hopefully be in the top 7 come May.

No,  we weren't always Conference or League Two at all.

A shame we won't be allocated a similar amount for the return fixture 

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 02, 2016, 10:26:57 pm by JonWallsend »

No,  we weren't always Conference or League Two at all.

A shame we won't be allocated a similar amount for the return fixture 

True. However, other than the 50's, we were, as the poster suggests, bottom two divisions or conference.  Quick question for the stattos Have we played them at home, in the league since our opening day victory of 1987.
I remember leaving the ground full of optimism, following Nev Chamberlains headed winner that we would be flying out of the division that season and Nev would be the star turn of our campaign.

I was at least partly correct.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012