Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 07:54:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 3 match ban  (Read 16922 times)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
Re: 3 match ban
« Reply #60 on December 10, 2016, 10:20:35 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Just seen the Sky highlights, and if that is a red card then what has our game come to. If Copps gets Red then at least 4 Plymouth players should

And the Plymouth penalty - very soft - their player overhit the ball hopelessly

Our pen soft as well - Blair was looking for it
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 10:24:40 pm by Dutch Uncle »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on December 10, 2016, 10:30:52 pm by wilts rover »
Rowe will play in Copps position. He's better anyway.

Aye, and Marquis wont score more than 10 goals this season...

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on December 10, 2016, 10:31:36 pm by The Red Baron »
Agree Dutch. Two soft pens. Copps touched him on the shoulder and if that's a red the game's gone. Yellow at worst and the child killer should have got one for taunting Mandeville.

Have had a few interactions with Plymouth "fans" on social media tonight. Hope they are not representative of their club. Low life.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on December 10, 2016, 10:32:17 pm by Copps is Magic »
It's not a red card, it's a yellow card for Copps and yellow of their pillock keeper if the ref is looking to manage the game properly. It won't get changed though because they always side with the refs version.

I think Butler needs to have a quiet reflection about both those goals. Extremely sloppy by himself.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on December 10, 2016, 10:33:43 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Rowe won't play there because neither Keegan or Middleton can play the left hand side of the diamond. Mandeville will play in Coppinger role and Williams will come back in. The FA will not change the decision. We'll see Coppinger again Jan 2nd

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on December 10, 2016, 10:36:18 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Quote from Matty Blair in the Plymouth Herald said what McCormick did was outrageous and disgusting.

From what I can make out the ref appeared to be acting on advice from the linesman.

What was Butler doing. Another hospital pass!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on December 10, 2016, 11:16:30 pm by Filo »
Just seen the Sky highlights, and if that is a red card then what has our game come to. If Copps gets Red then at least 4 Plymouth players should

And the Plymouth penalty - very soft - their player overhit the ball hopelessly

Our pen soft as well - Blair was looking for it

If thats violent conduct those Southern tosser must be softer than we thought. How has the keeper got away scot free there?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on December 11, 2016, 01:41:52 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Older pro sticking up for the youngster in the team i would have been more disappointed if he hadn't done it. The kids on the floor and he is towering over him giving him s..t.
From the highlights it shows Coppinger grab his throat. If that's a sending off why don't we all pack it in and watch tennis?. A travesty if it doesn't get rescinded.
The only thing i can add is the radio commentators said ''he had been in the referee's face all game''. I wasn't there so i don't know.
He might as well have just gone back and stuck the nut on him. Get sent off for something if you are accused of it.

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on December 11, 2016, 01:56:07 am by CrippyCooke »
Ironic that people are calling McCormick a murderer and then saying he should be murdered.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on December 11, 2016, 04:06:19 am by Colemans Left Hook »

Hand on him here...

have a look at that Plymouth players foot is seems to be in an unusual position almost as if he put it under copps foot so he had to steady himself or maybe copps felt pressurised (slight push) from behind   worth checking out

remember he is down only to miss one home game and two away - and he would be targeted by both Notts teams just like Chessie went after him last season

also carlisles centre half who had played all 20 league matches got a red card for "testing the strength" of that Luton players mask as the commentator put it so he's out for 3 games

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on December 11, 2016, 08:26:54 am by Donnywolf »
25th march should be fun then when McCormick is stood in the south stand end goal 👍.. ✊💦

Lets hope we "barrack" the right person. Last time people tried "barracking" Norris for supporting McCormick they ended up singling out a totally wrong Player. The Clue this time will be the Keepers jersey I suppose !

ballysbackin

« Reply #71 on December 11, 2016, 09:11:44 am by ballysbackin »
CLH

Also others, if you look at the keepers feet and body, he is actually leaning in and towering above Copps, surely provocation BUT he was the home player and Refs are no doubt aware of the treatment the poor soul endures at games and is trying to get back his life. What utter Crap.. Remorse is what Solicitors tell their clients to show in Court, be subdued and go smart and a sentence will be lighter, be polite to the judge (and hide your disgust for the courts) seen it too many times over 27 years and then the laughs and sniggers outside the court afterwards. Call me cynical but I do have experience in it.. Drink too much then take a weapon in your hands knowing you should not do so is as bad as holding a loaded gun. if you drive towards people

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on December 11, 2016, 09:16:38 am by Filo »
He served about 3 years of a 7 year sentence, those 2 boys lives were snuffed out forever, while that piece of shit carries on his life like nothing happened and continues to show disrespect for fellow human beings!

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on December 11, 2016, 09:52:54 am by German Rover »
He served about 3 years of a 7 year sentence, those 2 boys lives were snuffed out forever, while that piece of shit carries on his life like nothing happened and continues to show disrespect for fellow human beings!

f**king Hell.  He made a mistake, one hopefully none of us will make He's expressed remorse, he's also got to live with what he did all his life.  that won't be an easy thing for him to do and I can almost guarantee he thinks about it everyday.  get off your high horse!

Copps went running in after the incident and lost his head. As soon as you grab someone by the throat its a straight red.  Copps made it easy for the referee.  McCormick, for whatever you think of him, didn't make Copps grab him round the throat.  He did that all himself.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on December 11, 2016, 09:58:56 am by drfc1951 »
Didnt Copps get sent off at Scunny a few years ago for the same thing?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on December 11, 2016, 10:45:02 am by Padge_DRFC »

f**king Hell.  He made a mistake, one hopefully none of us will make He's expressed remorse, he's also got to live with what he did all his life.  that won't be an easy thing for him to do and I can almost guarantee he thinks about it everyday.  get off your high horse!

Copps went running in after the incident and lost his head. As soon as you grab someone by the throat its a straight red.  Copps made it easy for the referee.  McCormick, for whatever you think of him, didn't make Copps grab him round the throat.  He did that all himself.

Awww I feel so sorry for him now you've said that. Maybe a fund raiser to help him out as well?

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on December 11, 2016, 11:06:51 am by Alickismyhero »
That was the most frustrating game I have watched in many years. I haven't looked at the stats but I can't remember a decent effort on goal. Admittedly we played some pretty stuff in the first two thirds of the pitch but no end product. We never looked like scoring.

I can't totally defend Copps and his actions because there is more than one way to skin a cat and poor old Copps allowed himself to be set up. What their GK did was disgusting and should have been equally punished. The GK wound Mandy up before the penalty which may well have affected his effort on goal? I didn't like to see the GK winding up Mandy but it happens just look at Marquis, he does it every week.

Was it worth a red? NO, should the keeper have been punished? Yes.

I was pleased that our supporters never entered the field of play.

When you "live by the sword you die by the sword" and that GK will get some stick in the return. It can be issued professionally and Marquis is my man but not at the expense of the result or another sending off which is always the danger.

I think Bally's suggested action is slightly over the top but I admit it went through my mind as well at the time.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on December 11, 2016, 11:44:51 am by MrFrost »
Their supporters really are thick.

All they come back with is how bad our support was yesterday.

Almost 400 for 6 hour trek to an away game a couple of weeks before Christmas is excellent in this division.

A quick glance at their away followings indicates they travel in marginally higher numbers and they certainly won't bring many more here for the return game.

Still any set f supporters who claim that excuse of a man is a hero are certainly missing a brain cell or two

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on December 11, 2016, 11:45:24 am by RoversAlias »
25th march should be fun then when McCormick is stood in the south stand end goal 👍.. ✊💦

Lets hope we "barrack" the right person. Last time people tried "barracking" Norris for supporting McCormick they ended up singling out a totally wrong Player. The Clue this time will be the Keepers jersey I suppose !

I remember that, poor Moritz Volz kept getting rinsed every time he came to take a throw-in. Don't think he even had the same colour hair as Norris!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on December 11, 2016, 12:40:35 pm by The Red Baron »
If the ref had used a bit of common sense he'd have booked both McCormick and Copps.

Can't see us getting the red overturned, although I was surprised to see Jonjo Shelvey getting one scrubbed last week. Watford had a chap sent off for a scuffle (with James McClean, another real charmer) and they managed to argue that three games was excessive. It was reduced to one. That might be the route to go down.

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on December 11, 2016, 01:18:59 pm by Avsuptem »
I would question why the youngest player on the pitch was chosen to take the penalty in the 1st place but what followed was disgusting. I personally can't blame Copps for trying to protect and support his young colleague, Copps would not be the player he is if he did not have such passion for the game. But Mc Cormack's conduct was disgusting, however, he should remember that what goes around comes around. He will get his just deserts one day.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on December 11, 2016, 01:22:50 pm by MrFrost »
I would question why the youngest player on the pitch was chosen to take the penalty in the 1st place but what followed was disgusting. I personally can't blame Copps for trying to protect and support his young colleague, Copps would not be the player he is if he did not have such passion for the game. But Mc Cormack's conduct was disgusting, however, he should remember that what goes around comes around. He will get his just deserts one day.

Because he'd scored his last three penalties

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on December 11, 2016, 02:09:33 pm by wilts rover »

Because he'd scored his last three penalties

I think its more than that, 5 or 6 isn't it this season with all the EL Trophy shoot-outs?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on December 11, 2016, 02:20:21 pm by The Red Baron »
Didnt Copps get sent off at Scunny a few years ago for the same thing?

I seem to recall that was for a bad tackle. He did once get sent off for reacting to a foul when he was at Exeter. It delayed his debut for us.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on December 11, 2016, 02:39:20 pm by southwestexile »
Did Mandeville say anything before the Pen to provoke it?

ballysbackin

« Reply #85 on December 11, 2016, 02:48:12 pm by ballysbackin »
Did Mandeville say anything before the Pen to provoke it?

Who got close enough to hear. I doubt it personally bearing in mind if he score then they kick off and play keep ball, would really seem pointless in him shooting his gob off, more like a young kid up against a very nasty person, who actually was mugged by the kid and went the wrong way 6 inches sideways and the ball was in the net, but it wasn't and it didn't

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on December 11, 2016, 05:09:26 pm by Alickismyhero »
The GK went up to Mandy, when he had placed the ball on the sport, and started his windup to put Mandy off, the ref must have heard that as he was only feet away and yet did nothing.

That was the GK's plan and on the surface it worked. Mandy's reaction after his shot missed was to go down to a kneeling position and it was then the GK towered over Mandy and appeared to deliver his abuse, I say appeared because he was hardly likely to offer any comfort and in old money that is "ungentlemanly conduct" and a yellow card. It was definitely an aggressive action.  The ref was only feet away from the spot kick and never did anything. Had the ref been in control at this point and took action against the GK there would not have been an incident.

The reason I thought Copps had his hand on the GK's upper chest was because the GK started to lean in to Copps and Copps was trying to maintain his personal space. The GK pushed in to Copps personal space, and that, as far as I am concerned, is an assault on Copps and not the other way around. The red card should be receded.

Because the ref never saw the incident video evidence can and should be used to punish the GK as he provoked the incident in the first place.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on December 11, 2016, 05:27:50 pm by Dagenham Rover »
The GK went up to Mandy, when he had placed the ball on the sport, and started his windup to put Mandy off, the ref must have heard that as he was only feet away and yet did nothing.

You mean just like Neil Sullivan at Brentford except Sulli got booked for it    aye I love the consistency of these "officials"

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on December 11, 2016, 06:12:54 pm by drfchound »
I agree with Alickismyhero that the card should be overturned but it is highly unlikely.
There was no aggressive action by Copps at all.
We are after all just Donny Rovers.
Now if Arsenalor Man Utd had appealed over something similar it would get a different response.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on December 11, 2016, 06:52:55 pm by Alickismyhero »
To be fair with the ref, on the whole, I thought he had a good game with that one exception, he lost control. If a ref gets all the big decisions right and eight out of 10 of the minor ones right he's had a fantastic game and I say that as a retired youth ref of many years experience, and I admit, I made some right bloomers.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012