Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 07:35:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 3 match ban  (Read 16920 times)

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
Re: 3 match ban
« Reply #90 on December 11, 2016, 07:09:53 pm by Alickismyhero »
The GK went up to Mandy, when he had placed the ball on the sport, and started his windup to put Mandy off, the ref must have heard that as he was only feet away and yet did nothing.

You mean just like Neil Sullivan at Brentford except Sulli got booked for it    aye I love the consistency of these "officials"

That penalty was a very interesting incident and you make a very good point about Sully's booking. We were at the other end from the penalty and never knew why Mr Oliver had given it so I got in touch with him and he sent a message saying "it was for reckless play" by McCombe.

A very happy day ensued at Brentford unlike the Plymouth game but we are still enjoying a short break in Looe at the moment with superb weather, that's life, time to move on.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on December 11, 2016, 07:36:27 pm by GazLaz »
I think the fans should pull it up to pay the FA fine.

RTID!!!

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on December 11, 2016, 08:22:10 pm by RTID!!! »
He shouldn't have been banned, their keeper is an idiot.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on December 11, 2016, 08:27:30 pm by Alickismyhero »
I wouldn't say the keeper was an idiot because he knew what he was doing and it worked.

A nasty piece of work if you ask me.

Now lets see if he can take the friendly banter in the return.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on December 11, 2016, 08:37:43 pm by German Rover »
DO we know what Mandeville said to him before.  He may have spent the rest of the game telling the keeper he was a shit house and that he would score.  He may have just give him some back.  we don't know.  All we do know is the penalty was missed, Copps reacted well over the top of how he should have and now we have three games without one of our better players. 

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on December 11, 2016, 08:52:39 pm by Copps is Magic »
We wouldn't know, but to even raise the point seems nonsense.

Madevellie comes across as a very laid-back, mellow kid - both in speaking and on the pitch. Hardly one to start trouble.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on December 11, 2016, 09:01:32 pm by PDX_Rover »
I think we should just run 'Don't drink and Drive' ads on the big screen all game. That'd be a nice touch.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on December 11, 2016, 09:08:25 pm by Alickismyhero »
What I would like to see........if we win? then the whole team go over to their GK and shake him by the hand with a big big grin.....I believe that would really get under his skin and yet keep within the "RESPECT" part of the game.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on December 11, 2016, 09:38:41 pm by German Rover »
We wouldn't know, but to even raise the point seems nonsense.

Madevellie comes across as a very laid-back, mellow kid - both in speaking and on the pitch. Hardly one to start trouble.

Is it nonsense because it doesn't go with the one sided view of the incident Rovers supporters have?  If this was the other way around and it was Marko Marosi being grabbed round the throat by the other teams captain, we would be screaming blue murder.  Copps f**ked up, he's now got a three game suspension.

And if you don't think any footballer wouldn't have a word in someones ear to try and get under their skin and get an advantage, even someone as mild mannered as Liam Mandeville, you are very niave!  they all do, I've done it and I'm a delight!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on December 11, 2016, 10:00:50 pm by The Red Baron »
I don't mind the keeper trying to put the taker off. Part of the game. What I did object to was McCormick gloating in a very direct way once Mandeville had missed.

And what Copps did was not violent by any means. A booking would be reasonable, but the referee has totally over-reacted. It will be difficult to get it overturned unless the referee has second thoughts once he sees the video.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on December 11, 2016, 10:02:01 pm by Copps is Magic »
Crikey, Rigos got competition for posting the most contrariness piddle on here tonight.

Let's start by pointing out the hypocrisy of your profile picture.

Next, let's address this notion that 'if this was the other way round'.. 'this happens at every club nonsense'. NO. Quite clearly it doesn't. Some clubs develop much better cultures than others.

Can you imagine Andy Warrington or Neil Sullivan running out to taunt a young lad after he's missed a penalty ?! Can you imagine the look on Rob Jones' face or any of the other great characters we've had at this club back in the dressing room?

Let me also tell you. Copps has absolutely not f**ked up. Not one person in that dressing room or Fergie himself  (or 95% of fans) will think that. The morale and togetherness of the team will be far better in the long run.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on December 11, 2016, 10:07:13 pm by Dutch Uncle »
I don't mind the keeper trying to put the taker off. Part of the game. What I did object to was McCormick gloating in a very direct way once Mandeville had missed.

And what Copps did was not violent by any means. A booking would be reasonable, but the referee has totally over-reacted. It will be difficult to get it overturned unless the referee has second thoughts once he sees the video.

That's how I see it as well

As you suggest elsewhere TRB, maybe the lack of violence might be used as a mitigating factor to reduce the ban from 3 matches to 1 match

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on December 12, 2016, 02:47:47 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Has the 'unsporting behaviour' offence gone out of the game?. To me the keeper should get a yellow card for that. Coppinger at most should have got a yellow for raising his hands. A proper referee wouldn't have sent a player off for grabbing somebodies throat.
A yellow for both and both told to grow up.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on December 12, 2016, 07:53:36 am by German Rover »
Crikey, Rigos got competition for posting the most contrariness piddle on here tonight.

Let's start by pointing out the hypocrisy of your profile picture.

Next, let's address this notion that 'if this was the other way round'.. 'this happens at every club nonsense'. NO. Quite clearly it doesn't. Some clubs develop much better cultures than others.

Can you imagine Andy Warrington or Neil Sullivan running out to taunt a young lad after he's missed a penalty ?! Can you imagine the look on Rob Jones' face or any of the other great characters we've had at this club back in the dressing room?

Let me also tell you. Copps has absolutely not f**ked up. Not one person in that dressing room or Fergie himself  (or 95% of fans) will think that. The morale and togetherness of the team will be far better in the long run.

Well I think Copps missing three massive games because he can't control himself and grabbed someone by the throat is f**king up. Some of the things said about this are amazing he grabbed the bloke by the throat there is pictoral evidence.  no doubt it is in the referees report and now he will miss important games against Grimsby, Notts COunty and Mansfield.  Our best chance of winning this league is with our best eleven players on the pitch, and now we don't because Coppinger grabbed their keeper round the throat.  he should know better.

ballysbackin

« Reply #104 on December 12, 2016, 08:54:07 am by ballysbackin »
The referee at the home game will be well advised by Plymouth FC as to what they believe their keeper is going to be subjected to and ask for protection and sadly this will be afforded him. Because that is what it is all about "Respect" Any Donny player does anything wrong and I tell you they will get a card, and Plymouth will soak it all up and fall down at the slightest breeze. I am certain of that.  THe Rovers will be told they make sure that the stewards eject anyone bearing insulting signs or flags and also anyone giving verbal abuse will also go out.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on December 12, 2016, 09:18:44 am by wing commander »
    I wouldn't appeal...It's a straight red card by the rule book,and it may get increased to 4 games,so I would accept it and move on..it's not morally right of course but those are the rules...
    At the end of the day...Mandeville,Copps and us can sleep at night...He will never have those boys far from his mind if there is any justice...I am also a bit uncomfortable with using that incident to goad him on his return...Not for his sake,but we need to remember two young boys died and there parents lives destroyed by this man and show them respect...

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on December 12, 2016, 12:37:29 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
Copps has definitely grabbed him by the throat (albeit momentarily), will be extremely tough to get that overturned.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on December 12, 2016, 01:26:31 pm by drfchound »
The referee at the home game will be well advised by Plymouth FC as to what they believe their keeper is going to be subjected to and ask for protection and sadly this will be afforded him. Because that is what it is all about "Respect" Any Donny player does anything wrong and I tell you they will get a card, and Plymouth will soak it all up and fall down at the slightest breeze. I am certain of that.  THe Rovers will be told they make sure that the stewards eject anyone bearing insulting signs or flags and also anyone giving verbal abuse will also go out.

Crikey bally, half of the fans in the ground will be ejected then if that is the case.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on December 12, 2016, 01:28:51 pm by IDM »
He should know better, if you're judging this just based on hindsight, but in the heat of the moment if you see an opponent giving it the big one to a particularly young team-mate who's just missed a penalty, quite a lot of folk would want to go wading in and potentially knock the f**k out of the opponent.

You can't blame him in that respect as it's a human reaction.

It's done with, for now. It's sh*t for the guy that he's going to miss three games, but that's life. It'd just be sh*t for McCormick too, if he got wound up at a few comments/tactics in the return game.

Surely the referee should be unbiased and un-swayed by anything like that, and judge the game by what goes on during the 90 minutes??

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on December 12, 2016, 03:19:18 pm by wing commander »
  The referee has to follow the rules of the game as that's what the guy sat in the stands is assessing him on...If you raise your hands intentionally to the throat or head of an opponent it's a straight red and once the referee has seen it or been informed of that there is no other action he can take....He doesn't have the option to take anything into account and on that basis he has no complaints...Morally justified is a different argument but for me an appeal would be foolish and I would be amazed if we did.....
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 03:47:28 pm by wing commander »

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on December 12, 2016, 05:01:11 pm by glosterred »
Do we know if the Rovers have appealed or not the sending off?

COYR

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on December 12, 2016, 05:35:22 pm by The Red Baron »
We don't. I suspect they will look at the video and seek advice from someone who knows how the appeals process works.

Interestingly Carlisle have appealed their player's dismissal at Luton. I think they are basing it on the fact that the referee didn't see it and it was reported by a linesman. Interesting to see how they get on.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on December 12, 2016, 08:39:03 pm by drfchound »
It will be interesting to see if the linesmans decision is with held then.
We won the World Cup on a linesmans decision.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on December 12, 2016, 09:06:02 pm by Donnywolf »
It will be interesting to see if the linesmans decision is with held then.
We won the World Cup on a linesmans decision.

.... true but of course he was wrong !

ballysbackin

« Reply #114 on December 12, 2016, 09:14:30 pm by ballysbackin »
He should know better, if you're judging this just based on hindsight, but in the heat of the moment if you see an opponent giving it the big one to a particularly young team-mate who's just missed a penalty, quite a lot of folk would want to go wading in and potentially knock the f**k out of the opponent.

It's done with, for now. It's sh*t for the guy that he's going to miss three games, but that's life. It'd just be sh*t for McCormick too, if he got wound up at a few comments/tactics in the return game.

Hardly worth me paying my entry because I for sure am going to get booted out and I am not scared of using the gob

Surely the referee should be unbiased and un-swayed by anything like that, and judge the game by what goes on during the 90 minutes??

danum

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on December 12, 2016, 11:40:23 pm by danum »
thought it was me with impaired vision ?

"grabbed him by the throat" .. Copps index finger is the only digit above the collar

and the left hand is horizontally flat across the chest whilst a bloke 6 inches taller
is leaning into his space ...

I really do pity some of you, you must do it on purpose

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on December 13, 2016, 08:06:32 am by IDM »

I don't get why you've quoted my post, nor what point you're trying to make.

Because I was using my phone and accidentally clicked on the quote button for the adjacent post (yours) instead of that of Bally which was next...

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on December 13, 2016, 10:17:23 am by eastender »
Copps 3 match

PERSON                   CLUB                      START           END   TOTAL

James Coppinger    Doncaster Rovers   10.12.2016   31.12.2016   3

ballysbackin

« Reply #118 on December 13, 2016, 10:48:19 am by ballysbackin »
thought it was me with impaired vision ?

"grabbed him by the throat" .. Copps index finger is the only digit above the collar

and the left hand is horizontally flat across the chest whilst a bloke 6 inches taller
is leaning into his space ...

I really do pity some of you, you must do it on purpose

Thank you Danum, thought it was just me who sees the same as you have

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on December 13, 2016, 01:42:22 pm by IDM »
Just seen on t**tter that the club isn't going to appeal.

I can see Rowe taking on the centre mid position, but that would mean Calder or Evina playing left midfield?

I would consider putting Marquis in Copps' role and leaving Mandeville and Williams up front.  Yes that does mean all our leading forwards starting, but it is only for 3 games and then in a few weeks the window is open for loans etc should, god forbid, one of those three pick up an injury.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012