Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 10:27:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Next week  (Read 13220 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Next week
« on December 10, 2016, 05:13:57 pm by MrFrost »
We need a win.  Going into Christmas after a couple of defeats would be bad.

A shame today's result will knock several hundred off the crowd.  According to the ticket office we've sold less than 4000 home tickets in total. 
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 07:56:20 am by MrFrost »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: Next week
« Reply #1 on December 10, 2016, 05:16:37 pm by ravenrover »
Oh for goodness sake give it a rest

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 10, 2016, 05:20:43 pm by MrFrost »
Oh for goodness sake give it a rest

Don't reply if you don't like what I post

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 10, 2016, 05:21:08 pm by donnyallday »
Is your profession a full time undertaker Mr frost, if not You would make a great coop for Steadmens funeral services.

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 10, 2016, 05:24:52 pm by Northants Nomad »
We're doomed! Doomed, I tell ya

Or perhaps not.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 10, 2016, 05:26:08 pm by bpoolrover »
Week before xmas were never going to get a bumper home crowd, the ones that don't normally go are not going to be excited by Grimsby, or anyone else in this league unfortunately

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 10, 2016, 05:29:18 pm by Padge_DRFC »
We won't get a bumper crowd what ever. We're probably the 5th most supported team in our own town behind Leeds Man utd Liverpool and Sheffield Wednesday. Maybe even behind the saddos that support Newcastle as well

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 10, 2016, 05:29:52 pm by MrFrost »
Week before xmas were never going to get a bumper home crowd, the ones that don't normally go are not going to be excited by Grimsby, or anyone else in this league unfortunately

The week before Christmas has nothing to do with it.  Hasn't effected the Grimsby turn out.

We are a poorly supported team. 

We probably won't come close to selling out at Mansfield either. 

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 10, 2016, 05:31:32 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

A shame today's result will knock several hundred off the crowd.  According to the ticket office we've sold less than 4000 home tickets in total. 

So there's 20 mins left in the match after going 2-0 down, and the first comment you can come up with is about the attendance next week?

Unbelievable!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 10, 2016, 05:32:51 pm by MrFrost »

So there's 20 mins left in the match after going 2-0 down, and the first comment you can come up with is about the attendance next week?

Unbelievable!

Yeah,  why not. 

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 10, 2016, 05:35:00 pm by MrFrost »
I'm only winding up.  It just annoys me 

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 10, 2016, 05:37:34 pm by bpoolrover »

The week before Christmas has nothing to do with it.  Hasn't effected the Grimsby turn out.

I agree yes but not long ago we were playing Leicester Derby etc. So that's why I can't see many more deciding to come to this game

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 10, 2016, 05:41:24 pm by MrFrost »

I agree yes but not long ago we were playing Leicester Derby etc. So that's why I can't see many more deciding to come to this game

Our average at home is about 4400. You'd think it would be 5000 home fans minimum.

I think the general thought was if we were near the top this season supporters would come back when in reality we've lost them regardless of what we do in the future.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 10, 2016, 06:02:45 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Frosty, supporting Donny Rovers embarrasses you because we're a poorly supported club.  I feel for you.  Might I suggest you go and support one of the massive clubs on our doorstep like L**ds of the Fowls?  Make you feel proud to be massive along with the rest of them.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 11, 2016, 01:31:08 am by Sammy Chung was King »
We have always been a team that has had up and down attendances. We have 4-5 thousand hardcore supporters we used to have fifteen hundred. Everywhere you go in Doncaster you see young kids wearing our shirts.
We have a newish stadium we have a good squad of players. Owners that aren't involved in the club to do us harm. Yes the way our club does some things is frustrating but there is a lot of good things happening for us.
We had a spell in the championship how many sides of our size can say that?. And we didn't just make the numbers up we were very competitive for a few years!.

The Grimsby game in my opinion will be about 8.5 to 9 thousand there. We were relegated unless you have a massive support you lose fans. The club has tried to help time and again with ticket offers. They can't do much more other than beg fans to attend.
Fans will go to games when they want to or can afford to. If other sides see us as small time, so what?. We are what we are. We're ambitious without being stupid. Until the public of Doncaster get to games in great numbers regularly then that ambition will always be restricted.
I'm very happy with the squad we have. There are bits and pieces that need to improve. Hopefully those things do improve then we get to play a league above.

We deserve to be in this league because we were not good enough. The managers job is to improve all aspects of the squad so if we got promoted we would be mentally, physically and technically good enough to compete higher up.
I don't really concern myself how many turn up only if i'm there. I understand the worrying but there is no point. Unless we got back in the championship then many of those fans you won't see again!.
We've got a massive battle to get out of this league first. I would expect crowds to improve due to greater away followings and an increase in ours probably in the hundreds if we got back into league one.
We support a decent little club that tries to do things the right way. Be happy in that.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 11, 2016, 04:00:30 am by BobG »

Our average at home is about 4400. You'd think it would be 5000 home fans minimum.

[/quote]

Why?

I guess you don't remember the 1990's or the 2000's.

BobG

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 11, 2016, 08:07:51 am by MrFrost »

Why?

I guess you don't remember the 1990's or the 2000's.

BobG
[/quote]

I reckon it's you who can't remember the 2000s

RTID!!!

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 11, 2016, 08:31:16 pm by RTID!!! »
We have always been a team that has had up and down attendances. We have 4-5 thousand hardcore supporters we used to have fifteen hundred. Everywhere you go in Doncaster you see young kids wearing our shirts.
We have a newish stadium we have a good squad of players. Owners that aren't involved in the club to do us harm. Yes the way our club does some things is frustrating but there is a lot of good things happening for us.
We had a spell in the championship how many sides of our size can say that?. And we didn't just make the numbers up we were very competitive for a few years!.

The Grimsby game in my opinion will be about 8.5 to 9 thousand there. We were relegated unless you have a massive support you lose fans. The club has tried to help time and again with ticket offers. They can't do much more other than beg fans to attend.
Fans will go to games when they want to or can afford to. If other sides see us as small time, so what?. We are what we are. We're ambitious without being stupid. Until the public of Doncaster get to games in great numbers regularly then that ambition will always be restricted.

We are donny rovers, no matter about the other un-loyal fans, we will always stick with the rovers.
I'm very happy with the squad we have. There are bits and pieces that need to improve. Hopefully those things do improve then we get to play a league above.

We deserve to be in this league because we were not good enough. The managers job is to improve all aspects of the squad so if we got promoted we would be mentally, physically and technically good enough to compete higher up.
I don't really concern myself how many turn up only if i'm there. I understand the worrying but there is no point. Unless we got back in the championship then many of those fans you won't see again!.
We've got a massive battle to get out of this league first. I would expect crowds to improve due to greater away followings and an increase in ours probably in the hundreds if we got back into league one.
We support a decent little club that tries to do things the right way. Be happy in that.

RTID!!!

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 11, 2016, 08:32:26 pm by RTID!!! »
Agreed

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 11, 2016, 09:42:05 pm by BobG »
From 1986 to 2003, dear boy, the Rovers average crowd never came close to exceeding 4,000. In only 2 of those 18 seasons did it even exceed 3,000 and in another two, it was less than 2,000. So what are you trying to suggest?

I'm still wondering what facts there could possibly be that make you say the home attendance for Grimsby should be 5,000 minimum. You've offered zero reasons so far. As far as I know all the  evidence we have points to a different, lower, conclusion - so put me right please rather than giving a smart arse answer again. If there is a good reason, I'll applaud and I'll be very happy indeed. I wish it was nearer 10,000 than the 5,000 you suggested. All I want to know is what reason(s) make you suggest it.

BobG

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 12, 2016, 02:39:02 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The fan base has increased also the potential fan base. Many of those fans who would return in either the league above or championship if we are good enough to get there.
We are not a club that is ridiculed now on the whole we are respected as a well run smaller club. We are back to playing an attractive style of play that produces goals.
I can understand disappointment with how well we are doing it would be nice to be getting say eight thousand every week. As it is we have four or five thousand putting their hard earned money into watching us regular, it could be worse.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on December 12, 2016, 08:24:48 am by MrFrost »
From 1986 to 2003, dear boy, the Rovers average crowd never came close to exceeding 4,000. In only 2 of those 18 seasons did it even exceed 3,000 and in another two, it was less than 2,000. So what are you trying to suggest?

I'm still wondering what facts there could possibly be that make you say the home attendance for Grimsby should be 5,000 minimum. You've offered zero reasons so far. As far as I know all the  evidence we have points to a different, lower, conclusion - so put me right please rather than giving a smart arse answer again. If there is a good reason, I'll applaud and I'll be very happy indeed. I wish it was nearer 10,000 than the 5,000 you suggested. All I want to know is what reason(s) make you suggest it.

BobG

It's pointless looking at what attendances were back then as so much as changed.

I predicted the attendance levels to be what they are at the moment and was immediately shot down by the majority who stated if we're near the top of the league we'd be getting as many,  if not more than we were last season.  This isn't the case.

In my opinion we should be getting more than what we are. But while ever the club does nothing in terms of marketing and promotion, it won't happen.

I frequent other clubs social media and websites to get a gauage on how  they do things,  and they all promote the hell out of upcoming fixtures at ticket sales.

All we have for the Grimsby match Is a nicely designed banner which you can only see by going to the page itself.  And that's just for starters.

Oh and if SM wants to chip in I've contacted the club with suggestions and had no reply. 

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on December 12, 2016, 08:31:39 am by IDM »
Oh for f**k's sake!

What happens on the pitch is infinetly more important than the attendance!

I will be buying  my tickets today, so i reckon will be many others this week.

How many other games this season have we sold over 4000 a week before the game??

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 12, 2016, 08:32:42 am by MrFrost »
Oh for f**k's sake!

What happens on the pitch is infinetly more important than the attendance!

I will be buying  my tickets today, so i reckon will be many others this week.

How many other games this season have we sold over 4000 a week before the game??

We haven't.  We'd sold less than 4000 as of Saturday.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on December 12, 2016, 08:35:26 am by IDM »
So f**king what? Just over or just under, it is what it is!!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 12, 2016, 08:41:29 am by MrFrost »
So f**king what? Just over or just under, it is what it is!!

Someone is in a bad mood this morning. 

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on December 12, 2016, 09:01:57 am by IDM »
Yes you are, aren't you?

Are you EVER going to stop bleating on about our attendances??

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 12, 2016, 09:07:04 am by MrFrost »
Yes you are, aren't you?

Are you EVER going to stop bleating on about our attendances??

Probably not

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on December 12, 2016, 02:48:41 pm by Colin C No.3 »
7500+posts, all excellent, informative, dare I say ground breaking. If there was a literary prize on this forum you would walk it. Plus & it's a big plus, never once have I detected any hint of sarcasm.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 12, 2016, 02:59:01 pm by MrFrost »
7500+posts, all excellent, informative, dare I say ground breaking. If there was a literary prize on this forum you would walk it. Plus & it's a big plus, never once have I detected any hint of sarcasm.

I'm never ignored though.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012