Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 10:19:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Next week  (Read 13217 times)

les@donr

• Forum Member
Re: Next week
« Reply #30 on December 12, 2016, 03:14:14 pm by les@donr »
The crowds will return to the KM when there is consistent success by the team.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on December 12, 2016, 03:47:08 pm by bobbymax »
7500+posts, all excellent, informative, dare I say ground breaking. If there was a literary prize on this forum you would walk it. Plus & it's a big plus, never once have I detected any hint of sarcasm.

I'm never ignored though.
Neither is a toothache!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Next week attendance
« Reply #32 on December 12, 2016, 04:10:34 pm by steve@dcfd »
It's all about what we do on the pitch and results. I want a win on Saturday like every week if there are only 5000 home fans it does not matter. The people who are there will be happy if we get three points.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on December 12, 2016, 05:15:59 pm by IDM »
 :that:

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on December 12, 2016, 06:10:06 pm by SLO@DRFC »
From 1986 to 2003, dear boy, the Rovers average crowd never came close to exceeding 4,000. In only 2 of those 18 seasons did it even exceed 3,000 and in another two, it was less than 2,000. So what are you trying to suggest?

I'm still wondering what facts there could possibly be that make you say the home attendance for Grimsby should be 5,000 minimum. You've offered zero reasons so far. As far as I know all the  evidence we have points to a different, lower, conclusion - so put me right please rather than giving a smart arse answer again. If there is a good reason, I'll applaud and I'll be very happy indeed. I wish it was nearer 10,000 than the 5,000 you suggested. All I want to know is what reason(s) make you suggest it.

BobG

It's pointless looking at what attendances were back then as so much as changed.

I predicted the attendance levels to be what they are at the moment and was immediately shot down by the majority who stated if we're near the top of the league we'd be getting as many,  if not more than we were last season.  This isn't the case.

In my opinion we should be getting more than what we are. But while ever the club does nothing in terms of marketing and promotion, it won't happen.

I frequent other clubs social media and websites to get a gauage on how  they do things,  and they all promote the hell out of upcoming fixtures at ticket sales.

All we have for the Grimsby match Is a nicely designed banner which you can only see by going to the page itself.  And that's just for starters.

Oh and if SM wants to chip in I've contacted the club with suggestions and had no reply. 

Mr Frost

Apologies that you did not receive a response to your email to the club. If you would like to dm me a copy of your email or forward to email to myself. I will pass it on the relevant person at the club.

Thanks
Dean

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on December 12, 2016, 08:45:46 pm by drfchound »
Can i also request a response to an email that i sent to the club media department a couple of weeks ago.
I asked if it would be possible to edit a clip from RP showing Coppinger collecting the clearance from the sky which drew gasps of appreciation from around the ground.
I didn't hear back from them.
Even if it cant be done, a reply would have been nice.

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on December 12, 2016, 09:11:45 pm by SLO@DRFC »
If you would like to forward the email on to me I will pass it on the the media team.  Dean.medcalf@clubdoncaster.co.uk

Thanks

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on December 12, 2016, 11:36:39 pm by BobG »
Our average at home is about 4400. You'd think it would be 5000 home fans minimum.

[/quote]

Why?

I guess you don't remember the 1990's or the 2000's.

BobG
[/quote]

I reckon it's you who can't remember the 2000s
[/quote]

If you are so keen to avoid looking at previous years' attendance, what on earth prompted you to mention the 2000's Frostie? I offered some reason for my view. You followed that path by being snide about my knowledge of the 2000's.  Yet now you say it's all pointless going down that road. Strange logic there friend.

I notice too that you still haven't offered one single reason why there should be than 5,000 home supporters. I'm starting to think you were just blustering mate. You know: hot air.

BobG
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 11:41:31 pm by BobG »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on December 12, 2016, 11:45:31 pm by Bentley Bullet »
There's a reason why we're a lower league club, and it's not because of the fanbase. It's because of the lack of ambition of the owners over the years - apart from a couple of occasions when we were inspired by Peter Doherty and John Ryan.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on December 13, 2016, 04:09:32 am by PDX_Rover »
f**king hell I remember when we used to get 1500 at OBV in the old 3rd and 4th division when I was a nipper.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on December 13, 2016, 07:23:10 am by Padge_DRFC »
There's a reason why we're a lower league club, and it's not because of the fanbase. It's because of the lack of ambition of the owners over the years - apart from a couple of occasions when we were inspired by Peter Doherty and John Ryan.

Having only 5000 home fans dictates how ambitious they can be.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on December 13, 2016, 07:42:11 am by keith79 »
Its easy to spend other peoples money.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on December 13, 2016, 07:50:00 am by Alan Southstand »
Having only 5000 home fans dictates how ambitious they can be.

Which came first, chicken or egg?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on December 13, 2016, 08:15:24 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
If....

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on December 13, 2016, 09:07:30 am by Bentley Bullet »
We had a crap chippy in Bentley. Nobody went apart from a handful of easily pleased punters. Then  an ambitious new owner took over and soon they were the best fish and chips for miles.

It's packed all the time now.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on December 13, 2016, 09:25:18 am by Padge_DRFC »
We had a crap chippy in Bentley. Nobody went apart from a handful of easily pleased punters. Then  an ambitious new owner took over and soon they were the best fish and chips for miles.

It's packed all the time now.

We have a near top of the league entertaining football team, but less people are going.
Let's face it the fans who went in the Championship came for the newness of DRFC in the championship. Now Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday are doing well they've gone back there. United and Liverpool are on sky or BT every week as well.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on December 13, 2016, 09:29:43 am by Bentley Bullet »
We averaged just over 3,500 fans in our last season in the conference. Following our promotion to league 2 the average almost doubled. When we reached the Championship our attendances rose again by over 50%.

As a result of our decline (2 relegations in the last 3 seasons), our crowds have decreased. Confidence in the club rising again has diminished.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 09:52:40 am by Bentley Bullet »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on December 13, 2016, 12:32:23 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think there is alot of truth in your last sentence BB. That and a general malaise, a feeling of been there, done that.

It will take something out of the ordinary to bump the numbers up to anywhere near Championship levels. I don't think another promotion to the Championship would achieve those levels even if the ambition was to drive onwards to the Premier.

I expect a slow increase in the average with the odd high gate as we, hopefully, secure promotion towards the end of the season.

I did expect us to have increased to at least 6k by now though.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on December 13, 2016, 05:46:05 pm by wilts rover »
We averaged just over 3,500 fans in our last season in the conference. Following our promotion to league 2 the average almost doubled. When we reached the Championship our attendances rose again by over 50%.

As a result of our decline (2 relegations in the last 3 seasons), our crowds have decreased. Confidence in the club rising again has diminished.

The crowds started declining before then though didn't they - I remember John Ryan moaning more than once that people weren't coming and we couldn't fill the ground when we gave tickets away.

It's all right putting money into a fish and chip shop, but if people prefer Chinese takeaways then you have to be realistic on how many customers you are going to attract.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on December 13, 2016, 06:02:36 pm by MrFrost »
Our attendances declined year on year in the championship.  Rotherham have managed to sustain there

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on December 13, 2016, 06:17:02 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well, their first season they averaged 10,013. (Our first season 11,959)

They are averaging 9,744 (Our 2nd season was around 10,800)

Albeit ours has a bigger capacity, I suspect their trend will mirror ours if they continue in the Championship.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on December 13, 2016, 06:29:22 pm by Bentley Bullet »
There was bound to be an effect of the new ground novelty wearing off, leading to a reduction in numbers from both home and away fans. It was also obvious that the glory fans would drop in numbers once the glory of winning regularly ceased. The only way of preventing that from happening was to improve the team sufficiently so as to improve results.

I would rather have a good Chinese takeaway than poor Fish and Chips, although I prefer good fish and chips given the choice.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on December 13, 2016, 06:30:21 pm by MrFrost »
Isn't this their third season?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on December 13, 2016, 06:34:36 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Only second I think. It probably feels like three! 😃

Either way, the trend is down even if marginally. Which is only to be expected.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on December 13, 2016, 06:55:45 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Apologies, it is their 3rd season. First season average was 10,240.

Their rate of decline is less steep than ours. Our 4th season reduced to 9340.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on December 13, 2016, 08:03:35 pm by swintonrover »
We've let people in for free before and not filled the ground. People just don't care.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on December 13, 2016, 08:05:06 pm by MrFrost »
We've let people in for free before and not filled the ground. People just don't care.

We did it once against Palace and it was 'sold'  out.

Think the best we did in terms of home fans was against Notts County in League One a few years ago.  Nearly 13000 plus away fans and it was full price.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on December 13, 2016, 08:15:05 pm by keith79 »
Can you still pay on gate for Saturdays game?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on December 13, 2016, 08:31:58 pm by The Red Baron »

You definitely can't pay on the gate. You may be able to get tickets from the ticket office.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on December 13, 2016, 08:43:58 pm by eastender »

Rovers would like to advise fans that there will be no cash turnstiles available for the Sky Bet League Two fixture with Grimsby Town on Saturday December 17.

Tickets can be purchased from the Box Office right up to kick-off, but tickets for the home stands will only be sold to fans who have previously attended Rovers games or who have a Doncaster address.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012