Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 08:03:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Primark  (Read 10815 times)

ballysbackin

Re: Primark
« Reply #30 on February 26, 2017, 11:58:25 am by ballysbackin »
We seem to have people kicking off in case it causes offence, yet the people who would supposedly be offended aren't
can also say the same for banning Christmas decorations as it might offend none christians, or not flying the English flag as that might offend people as well

They could all go back, stay indoors but I tell you this they will mainly be drinking at Christmas..Now talking of idiots, the mother of my daughter who lives in Shepperd  Rd Balby is non believer in God, teachers she says do not believe in God she says, you should not say grave before meals. and Easter is not about a religious event, her and her more stupid parents - Lurch and Morticia buy presents at Easter for the children to take away the religious aspect. I got drunk and made a mistake but could have got away with it if I had said I could not remember anything about it happening.. And they shop in Primark too

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

darren61

« Reply #31 on February 26, 2017, 12:02:16 pm by darren61 »
Do you go far back enough to remember the Sambo books as well..?

I remember the book Little Black Sambo and the Tiger.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 26, 2017, 12:12:24 pm by Bentley Bullet »
We seem to have people kicking off in case it causes offence, yet the people who would supposedly be offended aren't

You can also say the same for banning Christmas decorations as it might offend none christians, or not flying the English flag as that might offend people as well

Has anybody ever banned Christmas decorations? It's been maintained that its just one of those myths that keeps going round.

https://tinyurl.com/h4u5n9v

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 26, 2017, 12:42:55 pm by RedJ »
Not sure Glyn but definitely cases where our flag has not been shown just in case it causes offence

b*llocks.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 26, 2017, 01:07:29 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

You can also say the same for banning Christmas decorations as it might offend none christians, or not flying the English flag as that might offend people as well

Has anybody ever banned Christmas decorations? It's been maintained that its just one of those myths that keeps going round.

https://tinyurl.com/h4u5n9v

Where does it say that any Christmas decorations have been banned?

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 26, 2017, 01:10:14 pm by Syme »
It doesn't

Seems to me that rebranding - in the very few cases where it happens - is just an attempt to increase inclusivity - it's not an attempt to avoid causing offence. Those who try and paint it as the latter are just a bit sad really.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 01:13:25 pm by Syme »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 26, 2017, 01:26:24 pm by RedJ »
Or a bit desperate to prove a point that isn't true.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on February 26, 2017, 01:54:08 pm by Bentley Bullet »
The name Christmas has been banned because councillors are embarrassed that it contains the word Christ. Because of this Christmas is now called Winterfest, and neutral arts such as Jack Frost lights are now used to celebrate it.

The really sad aspect of it all is that most of us peace loving people who believe in a live and let live society allow ourselves to be ruled by namby-pamby, shandy drinking, lilly livered liberals whose objectives are completely counter productive and actually cause MORE racial tension instead of less.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 26, 2017, 02:08:52 pm by Syme »
Where was the name Christmas banned?

You seem to be confusing the branding a local authority has applied to all its christmas time celebrations with the official name of the religious festival.

What I find interesting is that this Winterfest idea was put forward by Councillors, who are elected representatives of the people. And what happened when the people complained? They dropped the idea the next year.

The only tension seems to come from people like you who are either lack the intelligence to differentiate or deliberately fail to differentiate to make some sort of obscure point. Either way it's pretty sad for you and your like.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on February 26, 2017, 02:55:06 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Why did people complain? Did they complain to cause tension, or, did they complain because they felt that tension was caused by the authorities who were embarrassed by the word 'Christ'?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on February 26, 2017, 03:01:46 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
The name Christmas has been banned because councillors are embarrassed that it contains the word Christ. Because of this Christmas is now called Winterfest, and neutral arts such as Jack Frost lights are now used to celebrate it.

The really sad aspect of it all is that most of us peace loving people who believe in a live and let live society allow ourselves to be ruled by namby-pamby, shandy drinking, lilly livered liberals whose objectives are completely counter productive and actually cause MORE racial tension instead of less.

Yeah, none of these look the slightest bit Christmassy...

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=winterval

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on February 26, 2017, 03:02:22 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Why did people complain? Did they complain to cause tension, or, did they complain because they felt that tension was caused by the authorities who were embarrassed by the word 'Christ'?

Or because they completely misunderstood the whole thing but were desperate to be offended?

Not even that article you linked to says the council were embarrassed by the word 'Christ', so were are you getting that from?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 03:04:34 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 26, 2017, 03:12:58 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Ah, but who has really completely misunderstood the whole thing? Is it the councillors, who originally stopped the use of the word 'Christ', because it was embarrassing, or those who protested against that decision, who were desperate to be offended?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on February 26, 2017, 03:20:18 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Ah, but who has really completely misunderstood the whole thing? Is it the councillors, who originally stopped the use of the word 'Christ', because it was embarrassing, or those who protested against that decision, who were desperate to be offended?

Not even that article you linked to says the council were embarrassed by the word 'Christ', so were are you getting that from?

Or perhaps you misunderstood what was written in that article?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on February 26, 2017, 03:26:18 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I agree with the views of people in the article that the councillors were embarrassed by the use of the word 'Christ' because they feared it offended non-Christians.

Why do you think they stopped using it?

Who has really completely misunderstood the whole thing? Is it the councillors, who originally stopped the use of the word 'Christ' or those who protested against that decision?

Which party was desperate to be offended?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on February 26, 2017, 03:33:23 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I agree with the views of people in the article that the councillors were embarrassed by the use of the word 'Christ' because they feared it offended non-Christians.

Why do you think they stopped using it?

Who has really completely misunderstood the whole thing? Is it the councillors, who originally stopped the use of the word 'Christ' or those who protested against that decision?

So, you don't have any proof at all that they stopped using it because they were embarrassed by it...but then have the cheek to carry on waffling as if you do!

My view of it is that they wanted to copy the original idea of 'Winterval' that Birmingham had, which was as an umbrella term for all the festivities at that time of year, including all - and banning none - of them. This was to attract people to the various trade and market events and drum up business for the area. Until the anti-PC Brigade stuck their nose in with their 'Christmas has been banned' billshut and ruined it for everyone.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 03:37:21 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on February 26, 2017, 03:43:51 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Of course, I don't have any proof, I wasn't there! I'm basing my opinion on those who were there.

Why do you think they stopped using the word 'Christ'?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on February 26, 2017, 03:46:18 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Of course, I don't have any proof, I wasn't there! I'm basing my opinion on those who were there.

Why do you think they stopped using the word 'Christ'? They didn't.

Who has really completely misunderstood the whole thing? Is it the councillors, who originally stopped the use of the word 'Christ' or those who protested against that decision? You, because they didn't stop using the word 'Christ'.

Which party was desperate to be offended? The Anti-PC Brigade. And you, apparently.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/nov/08/winterval-modern-myth-christmas
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 03:48:23 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on February 26, 2017, 04:00:58 pm by Syme »
It doesn't happy very often but the Daily Mail even clarified it was wrong on Winterval:

We stated in an article on 26 September that Christmas has been renamed in various places Winterval.

Winterval was the collective name for a season of public events, both religious and secular, which took place in Birmingham in 1997 and 1998.

We are happy to make clear that Winterval did not rename or replace Christmas

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/article-2058830/Clarifications-corrections.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I'm still waiting to hear where it says the name Christmas was banned Bentley Bullet

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on February 26, 2017, 04:22:40 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Who has really completely misunderstood the whole thing? Is it the councillors, who originally stopped the use of the word 'Christ' or those who protested against that decision? You, because they didn't stop using the word 'Christ'.

Which party was desperate to be offended? The Anti-PC Brigade. And you, apparently.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/nov/08/winterval-modern-myth-christmas

So after your reference to an event that occurred 18 years earlier in Birmingham, you'd think the public objection to that idea would have been taken into consideration before being adopted by Stoke on Trent councillors.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on February 26, 2017, 04:26:22 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

So after your reference to an event that occurred 18 years earlier in Birmingham, you'd think the public objection to that idea would have been taken into consideration before being adopted by Stoke on Trent councillors.

I don't know. Perhaps they thought the people of Stoke weren't as thick or gullible as those of Birmingham. I'm only guessing their intention. But they certainly didn't ban the word 'Christ' or 'Christmas', which is why you can't prove that they did.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on February 26, 2017, 04:38:57 pm by wilts rover »
Bentley and glostered are correct in that yes Christmas was banned - by the Parliament of England between 1645 and 1660 (not as commonly believed by Cromwell himself although he did ratify the decision as Protector).

Thus the only people to have actually banned Christmas are Christians because it offended Christians.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 04:49:53 pm by wilts rover »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on February 26, 2017, 04:40:30 pm by Bentley Bullet »
They stopped using the word Christmas because it had Christ in it! If anyone had included the word in any part of the event it would have been undoubtedly banned.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on February 26, 2017, 04:46:11 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
They stopped using the word Christmas because it had Christ in it! If anyone had included the word in any part of the event it would have been undoubtedly banned.

Undoubtedly. I presume that includes these council events too?

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/christmas-2014-complete-guide-festive-activities/story-24649387-detail/story.html

http://www.potteye.co.uk/event-hanley-christmas-light-switch-on-2014/

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on February 26, 2017, 04:52:33 pm by Syme »
Haha I think that's game set and match Glyn_Wigley.

ballysbackin

« Reply #56 on February 26, 2017, 05:04:24 pm by ballysbackin »
Let me remind everybody  That Councillors are elected by the electorate of their Communities to carry out the wishes of their local Community and NOT what they wish personally.

As for the Crusades King Richard and the Knights of St John and army were beaten in the Crusades and came back after Salamand and his army and Richard agreed a policy... So this blx that the St George Cross insults them is beyond me... Are we allowed to remove flags above a Mosque NO WE ARE NOT. Can we complain NO WE CANNOT.

We are a Christian Nation - previously Protestant then Catholic and now primarily Christian with Christian Religions living in Harmony.. As for Doncaster Council . Well they could not organise a pizz up in a brewery.  I believe that they may all be British who have lived her up till now.  If we go to other countries we obey their laws, the difference here is that foreigners do not, but they are told they SHOULD.

If you do not like the cake to not eat it. 

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on February 26, 2017, 05:23:14 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Undoubtedly. I presume that includes these council events too?

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/christmas-2014-complete-guide-festive-activities/story-24649387-detail/story.html

http://www.potteye.co.uk/event-hanley-christmas-light-switch-on-2014/

Undoubtedly, not everyone agrees

https://tinyurl.com/zft6xro

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on February 26, 2017, 05:25:09 pm by Syme »
bally1950, what on earth are you going on about? A councillor's decision to do something has nothing to do with "foreigners".

And yes you can complain about a flag above a mosque. It probably wouldn't achieve anything because unless it was a particularly offensive flag then there's no issue, but living in this country you have every right to voice your concerns.

And if you think Brits abroad behave themselves, then you are pretty deluded.

I'm afraid you're another like Bentley Bullet. You just make things up then get outraged by the thing you've just made up. It's an odd way to go through life.

ballysbackin

« Reply #59 on February 26, 2017, 06:15:25 pm by ballysbackin »
bally1950, what on earth are you going on about? A councillor's decision to do something has nothing to do with "foreigners".

And yes you can complain about a flag above a mosque. It probably wouldn't achieve anything because unless it was a particularly offensive flag then there's no issue, but living in this country you have every right to voice your concerns.

And if you think Brits abroad behave themselves, then you are pretty deluded.

I'm afraid you're another like Bentley Bullet. You just make things up then get outraged by the thing you've just made up. It's an odd way to go through life.

I will firstly correct myself it was Salamind _ Now as for yours... So what you are stating is that Councillors who are voted in by the electorate as I was at Thorne, can then say sanfairyann to the people who elected them and do as they wish. The inclusion of Foreigners on my thread was because of the complaints about the flag of this country by foreigners and/or those of a foreign religion.. It is Britain.....Complain about a flag on a Mosque but it would n't achieve anything. etc.. I am a Roman Catholic and seeing a flag on a Mosque which is the religious place of worship of Islam - Islamic State murderers and torturers - yes that does offend me and why do they do it because we are Christians and I include you in this, if you are not then apologies would be considered only. I never said that British behave overseas, what I said was we have to obey their laws.

Like BB I am entitled to my opinion and as for making things up this is a forum I have been reminded of many times where people can express their opinion whether made up, dreamt or an illusion. If you are 100% anti Christ then that is your choice, if you think you are 100% correct then it is not me who is deluded.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012